PDA

View Full Version : And the 2005 Captains are...

RoethlisBURGHer
09-09-2005, 03:16 PM
The Steelers named thier 2005 captains:

Offense: Hines Ward/Alan Faneca

Defense: James Farrior/Joey Porter

Special teams: Chidi Iwuoma/Sean Morey

The team captains were selected for the season by a team vote. Faneca, Farrior, Porter and Iwuoma were all previously selected captains, while Ward and Morey earned their first honor.

clevestinks
09-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Is anyone dissappointed or shocked?

I think Ben as qb should be considered a captain. And Hines held out, should he be team capt.? What abot Troy Polmula, I know its usually a lb but what the heck.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Im kinda surprised that Kriedwalt didnt make a ST captain...but Iwuoma is a good choice, and so is Morey since they are ST demons.

Im alittle surprised that Ben wasnt chosen, but You cant go wrong w/ Ward and Faneca. Im guessing as Ben develops he'll be a captain eventually.. Bettis would make a good one too, but since he's not technically a starter anymore, I guess that puts him out.

This pic is just awesome !!

http://www.steelers.com/MediaContent//2004/11/08/12/04_PHI_Farrior_Porter01_46887.jpg

Black-n-Gold
09-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Is anyone dissappointed or shocked?

I think Ben as qb should be considered a captain. And Hines held out, should he be team capt.? What abot Troy Polmula, I know its usually a lb but what the heck.

I don't know about Ben, I suppose if you give him the starting QB spot you should let him make the decisions. I agree on Polamalu, he's a great part of the defense.

Prosdo
09-09-2005, 04:24 PM
I think they are good selections. Very good leaders in that group.

SteelR1
09-09-2005, 04:36 PM
The thing with the Steelers is though, there are so many people that deserve it.. I think the choices are solid!!!!!

I'm sure Ben will be the captain in a few years if he keeps up the good play, having a WR and a OL should make a good combo for captains....

Come on Steelers, LETS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Suitanim
09-09-2005, 04:43 PM
I keep hearing grumblings that Ben is not the most popular guy in the locker room...granted, some of this is fodder from Mark Madden and highly suspect, but I still keep hearing it 6-7 months later, and where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

Might explain why he wasn't picked?

clevestinks
09-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Ireally havent heard the negatives about Ben that you have. I am not saying that I dont beleive it, I just HOPE it isnt so.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Yeah really... I dont put any stock in what Madden says, or Prisuta!! Those 2 really push my buttons!!!

But still, rumors are rumors and I just hope they stay that way..the last thing we need is our franchise QB not getting along in the locker room.

Suitanim
09-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Some of this was brought on himself...he charges $100 an autograph and made an extra million last year off it. I've heard that he will not sign for free, and heard conflicting reports that he will in certain circumstances. I know that he doesn't sign at sponsor events, does only photo's.

Personally, I don't care if he's a nice guy or a prick...I just want him to win football games and championships for us...

Blitzburgh55
09-09-2005, 08:52 PM
I think bettis should be a casue he is very experince and a great motaviter

RoethlisBURGHer
09-10-2005, 11:15 AM
I like the pics.

Also,Ben has signed autographs for free very often,especially during TC.And Madden hates Ben and the Steelers,so screw him...I don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

TasmanianTroy271
09-10-2005, 12:36 PM
I think Troy'll be captain eventually, you've got to give it up to the vets for now...

I think Alan Faneca is a great choice for team captain, but other than Hines, who else are you gonna pick? all the other recievers are fairly young, duce is always injured, Ben is young, Bettis isn't a starter.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Some of this was brought on himself...he charges $100 an autograph and made an extra million last year off it. I've heard that he will not sign for free, and heard conflicting reports that he will in certain circumstances. I know that he doesn't sign at sponsor events, does only photo's.

Personally, I don't care if he's a nice guy or a prick...I just want him to win football games and championships for us...

Yeah it would be nice if he were more of a fan oriented type person. I like the fact that he signs for kids, but hell most of the players do that.. but then he wants to charge us adults!! WTF is that..

but I agree w/ suit, as long as he's winning football games, in the end thats what matters !