PDA

View Full Version : My respect for Chad Johnson

Elvis
06-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Just wanted to say that I am proud of Chad Johnson doing the horse racing for the charities. Didnt realize that is what he was doing, and now he is talking about doing other things like playing an NBA player like Kobe Bryant and doing Nascar racing...All is good when they are trying to return some help to the needy.. Thank you Chad and God Bless

Livinginthe past
06-10-2007, 07:14 AM
So..when's he getting drafted?

stillers4me
06-10-2007, 07:38 AM
While I agree that any puplic personna that does good deeds for the needy is to be commended, I have much more respect for people like our own #43, who does much for others in a quieter way. Many people do such acts privately and do not ask for any celebration about it. This guy always wants to turn the attention to himself and make a big spectacle about it....I know because I live in Cinci and this guy is nothing but a big attention ho. Look at Chad, what is Chad doing now.........blah blah blah. Even at the pro bowl, it was all about him and Carson Palmer taking all the attention away from Peyton Manning and the Colts......after all, Manning won Carson's Superbowl so they had to showoff to make a point. I just can't stomach this guy.

SteelCityMan786
06-10-2007, 09:42 AM
I guess CJ is trying to repair the image of the Bengals. I won't kill him for trying. Especially since he has no criminal record(That I'm aware of)

stillers4me
06-10-2007, 10:09 AM
I guess CJ is trying to repair the image of the Bengals. I won't kill him for trying. Especially since he has no criminal record(That I'm aware of)

Not yet..but he is being brought up on fraud charges for when he raffled off the car at The Funny Bone Comedy Club for charity and ended up giving the car to his girlfriend. (He is being named in the suit along with the comedy club) He may be in world of trouble........not in the same league as DUI, assault, theft, gun felonies........but amusing to say the least. :sofunny:

verks36
06-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Well i dont really think chad is doing it for the needy i really think he is doing it for the publicity. He knows if he races a horse or plays kobe it will be talking about it all over ESPN

The Duke
06-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Well i dont really think chad is doing it for the needy i really think he is doing it for the publicity. He knows if he races a horse or plays kobe it will be talking about it all over ESPN

True. He does the charity and I'm happy about that.

CantStop85
06-10-2007, 02:52 PM

Eh, if charity can raise some money and Chad can get his 15 minutes of fame, everyone's happy.

SteelCityMan786
06-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Not yet..but he is being brought up on fraud charges for when he raffled off the car at The Funny Bone Comedy Club for charity and ended up giving the car to his girlfriend. (He is being named in the suit along with the comedy club) He may be in world of trouble........not in the same league as DUI, assault, theft, gun felonies........but amusing to say the least. :sofunny:

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: Next Bengal arrest.

LambertIsGod58
06-10-2007, 03:39 PM
I think Chad Johnson is one of the elite receivers in the league. And his smack talk is all in fun....I'd love to have him on the Steelers.

silver & black
06-10-2007, 05:19 PM
I think Chad Johnson is one of the elite receivers in the league. And his smack talk is all in fun....I'd love to have him on the Steelers.

I think guys like Chad are good for the league. He reminds me of Warren Sapp... likes to talk a lot, but he seems to truely have fun with it. We need more fun in the NFL.

CantStop85
06-10-2007, 07:48 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=b1wUHdDjlD4
Here's a link to the video of Chad racing the horse as well as challenging Mayweather and Lebron.

Crushzilla
06-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Eh, if charity can raise some money and Chad can get his 15 minutes of fame, everyone's happy.

That's two days in a row you have taken the words out of my mouth...

HometownGal
06-10-2007, 09:17 PM

I think he's an overrated jacka$$ and I believe T.J. IBoinkedChadsMama is the better overall wideout. TJ is a jacka$$ without the overrated tag.

Crushzilla
06-10-2007, 09:22 PM
I think he's an overrated jacka$$ and I believe T.J. IBoinkedChadsMama is the better overall wideout. TJ is a jacka$$ without the overrated tag.

Plus it seems like he can handle slant and possession routes better... Though he may think twice about going over the middle with Anthony Smith roaming around :tt02:

MasterOfPuppets
06-10-2007, 10:31 PM
here..here..:beerbang:.....i have zero respect for any loud mouth self promoters.

stlrtruck
06-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Just curious when he's going to actually raffle off the vehicle like he promised.

Maybe he's just trying to make up for the fiasco, either that or his girlfriend's name is Charity.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-11-2007, 07:53 AM
Chad has a talent level that I would like to have on my team...but a toxic immaturity and me-first mentality that I wouldnt let anywhere near my clubhouse. What makes Chad over-rated is that he can NEVER meet the level of his own self-promotion!!

MY respect for Chad?...a player is not only made up of 1) the ability to play the game..but 2) the ability to play it in a manner that promotes team cohesion, putting the team above yourself ....on the second point Chad falls woefully short.

83-Steelers-43
06-11-2007, 10:53 AM
I have more respect for the horse. Poor thing really didn't have a choice in the matter.

tony hipchest
06-11-2007, 11:01 AM
I have more respect for the horse. Poor thing really didn't have a choice in the matter.:chuckle:

carson palmer and barbaro shoulda had a "rehab race" last summer.

TackleMeBen
06-11-2007, 11:08 AM
:chuckle:

now that isnt nice..lol...:wink02:

CantStop85
06-11-2007, 11:09 AM
:chuckle:

That's uncalled for man....

Don't you know Barbaro died? :flap:

polamalu3000
06-25-2007, 01:53 PM
i wouldnt like to have him on the steelers, (once a bengal always a bengal) and i cant stand him troy is a better player and is a better character and he does more for charities than "ocho cinco" does

rbryan
06-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Oucho Dinko's Hour and 15 minutes is just about up.

Theres a lot of defensive players in the league who don't find him very funny.

SteelCityMan786
06-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Oucho Dinko's Hour and 15 minutes is just about up.

Theres a lot of defensive players in the league who don't find him very funny.

Particularly in Pittsburgh where he's James Harrison's Dead meat to beat up on.

SteelShooter
06-25-2007, 10:04 PM

:thmbup: :cheers: :thmbup:

Just think that we may be viewing him as most others teams viewed Joey Porter before.

Preacher
06-26-2007, 12:25 AM

CS... I was surprised to see this from you... I see that you speak straight... gotta admit i like that...

and you voiced exactly my opinion!

onthebus36
06-26-2007, 08:14 AM
(once a bengal always a bengal)

Does that count for Coach LeBeau? He was a coach in Cincy for almost 16 years. :dang:

ShutDown24
06-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Only read the first page but even if he does seek attention for doing it; he is still doing it. I agree that Chad, despite all the camera seeking and sideline antics, is really a good guy. I actually got to talk to him once for a very short period of time during a sort of amateur interview I conducted for my schools paper. It was completely by chance but he was kind and didn’t big time me whatsoever. The thing that I liked about him was how much he sincerely stressed the hardships of being away from his children so often during the NFL season, and how he wished desperately that he didn't have to leave them nearly as often as he does for road games and other team activities. He also acknowledged the fact that he has it really good by the standards of income while still defending that football players earn every cent of it (Which you know is true if you have ever played football at any significant level). The only thing that I really disagreed with was when I asked him who the Bengals biggest rivals were. He said that the battle of Ohio was most important to the team (meaning, of course, the Browns.)

polamalu3000
06-27-2007, 10:31 AM
no that doesnt include lebeau but i couldnt stand having chad johnson on the steelers it wouldnt be right my best friend likes the bengals and he trash talks us all the time that is why i hate chad johnson so much

vasteeler
06-28-2007, 11:33 AM
While I agree that any puplic personna that does good deeds for the needy is to be commended, I have much more respect for people like our own #43, who does much for others in a quieter way. Many people do such acts privately and do not ask for any celebration about it. This guy always wants to turn the attention to himself and make a big spectacle about it....I know because I live in Cinci and this guy is nothing but a big attention ho. Look at Chad, what is Chad doing now.........blah blah blah. Even at the pro bowl, it was all about him and Carson Palmer taking all the attention away from Peyton Manning and the Colts......after all, Manning won Carson's Superbowl so they had to showoff to make a point. I just can't stomach this guy.

you are correct if it wasnt on tv and no one was there to watch it would he still have done it

Elvis
06-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Agreed.. as long as children or the needy are being helped who cares about Chad gettin' his fame other than him?...
:tt02: