PDA

View Full Version : LB injuries beginning to mount...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-10-2005, 12:44 AM
Just when the Steelers learned they were getting one outside linebacker back for the season opener against the Tennessee Titans, they might have lost another.

Clark Haggans' groin was injured early in practice yesterday and he did not participate in the rest of team drills. He was replaced on the right side by James Harrison, who had been starting on the left side for Pro Bowl linebacker Joey Porter in the preseason.

Porter, who has practiced all week, was pronounced ready to start by coach Bill Cowher Thursday. He has been upgraded from questionable to probable on the injury report.

Haggans, though, was added to the injury report yesterday and also listed as probable. He said he expects to play against the Titans but won't know for certain until tomorrow.

"It's OK, it just bothered me the entire time," Haggans said.

If Haggans can't play, Harrison will start on the left side. Harrison (hamstring/probable) is on the injury report, but he practiced yesterday and appeared to be fine.

Also, cornerback Willie Williams (groin) was downgraded from probable to questionable and did not practice. If he doesn't play, he will be replaced by Ike Taylor.

"It's to be determined," said Cowher.

here's the rest (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05253/569028.stm)

Suitanim
09-10-2005, 08:41 AM
I'm glad we have Harrison there...seems we barely miss a beat when he comes in. Taylor is a different story...I know he can play, but the inexperience always hurts...then again, even Champ Bailey and Rod Woodson and Deion Sanders all had to start in their first game at some point.

clevestinks
09-10-2005, 09:30 AM
At least it is warm out now. Groin pulls and hamstrings in the cold really suck.

Prosdo
09-10-2005, 10:36 AM
I'm not too worried about Harrison replacing Haggans. What concerns me a little is Ike filling in for Willie. Hoping he has a good game though.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-10-2005, 11:06 AM
harrison isnt 100% either..he's got a minor hamstring that kept him out of a practice a few times, so lets hop he doesnt aggravate it during the game.

And yeah, Taylor replacing Willie if need be worries me alittle too..fortunately the Titans don't have great WR's .. knock on wood