PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead at the 2008 draft

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-12-2007, 10:28 AM
As some of you know..I'm a HUGE draftnik Geek!!...and I am already looking at 2008...here is an early list of players...that will "at this time" be first round potential....I PERSONALLY would like to get James Laurinaitis, the LB out of Ohio State.. 6-3 244lb...and very versatile...Inside run stopper but can play outside if needed...AND....he is the son of Joe Laurinaitis ... the professional wrestler in the 1980s and 1990s, known as "the Animal" of the Legion of Doom ...(Gotta love that!!!)
VERY strong LB class and our Inside LB's arent getting any younger with little depth behind them

1. Jake Long OT Michigan

2. Sam Baker OT USC

3. Darren McFadden* RB Arkansas

4. Brian Brohm QB Louisville

5. Calais Campbell* DE Miami

6. Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

7. Kenny Phillips* S Miami

8. Antoine Cason CB Arizona

9. Colt Brennan QB Hawaii

10. Derrick Harvey* DE Florida

11. Mario Manningham* WR Michigan

12. Sedrick Ellis DT USC

13. Keith Rivers LB USC

14. Dan Connor LB Penn State

15. Limas Sweed WR Texas

16. James Laurinaitis* LB Ohio State

17. Barry Richardson OT Clemson

18. DeSean Jackson* WR Cal

19. Lawrence Jackson DE USC

20. Ryan Clady* OT Boise State

21. Vince Hall LB Virginia Tech

22. Rey Maualuga* LB USC

23. James Hardy WR Indiana

24. Frank Okam DT Texas

25. Tyson Jackson DE LSU

26. Chad Henne QB Michigan

27. Dwight Lowery CB San Jose State

28. Harry Douglas WR Louisville

29. Jasper Brinkley LB South Carolina

30. Chris Long DE Virginia

31. Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech

32. Malcolm Jenkins* CB Ohio State

Livinginthe past
06-12-2007, 11:06 AM
LLT...a draft geek??

Good job im sitting down! :toofunny:

Seriously, dont worry - I share that affliction and I don't even get to watch any college football!

Patriots and Steelers will both be looking to address the ILB spot next year (Seau and Bruschi figure to share duties at one ILB spot this year in a normal formation) - despite Belichick favoring FA as a means of recruitment you never say never when it comes to the Patriots draft technique.

I've heard alot of good things about the strength of next years draft and, as you say, the particular strength in the LBer position.

Would I be correct in thinking that Kriewaldt and Wallace are the back-ups for the ILBer spots?

Crushzilla
06-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Patriots and Steelers will both be looking to address the ILB spot next year (Seau and Bruschi figure to share duties at one ILB spot this year in a normal formation) - despite Belichick favoring FA as a means of recruitment you never say never when it comes to the Patriots draft technique.

What are you talking about? Seau is in the prime of his career!

Would I be correct in thinking that Kriewaldt and Wallace are the back-ups for the ILBer spots?

That's about correct. According to the depth chart on Yahoo, but things could be shifted around with our two new guys.

CantStop85
06-12-2007, 12:01 PM
As far as OLB's go, I think Wesley Woodyard from Kentucky will be moving up the draft boards.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-12-2007, 12:15 PM
LLT...a draft geek??

Good job im sitting down! :toofunny:

Seriously, dont worry - I share that affliction and I don't even get to watch any college football!

I've heard alot of good things about the strength of next years draft and, as you say, the particular strength in the LBer position.

They also signed Marcello Church...who sat out last season (undrafted) while recovering from a very serious leg injury while in college. He is a longshot.

Next year Keith Rivers ,6'3 220 lbs, OLB from USC.... Dan Connor 6'3 223 lbs OLB from Penn State...and James Laurinaitis of Ohio State all have potential to be top 10 picks...

...I can see the Pats grabbing Laurinaitis or Rey Maualuga, who may need to slim down but is regarded as a high-motor guy...but Jasper Brinkley at may fit the Pats mold best at Inside......Vince Hall seems to be a better fit for a 4-3

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-12-2007, 12:22 PM
As far as OLB's go, I think Wesley Woodyard from Kentucky will be moving up the draft boards.

At 6'1 212 lbs...he will probably play WLB for someone with a 4-3...I say probably, but hey....we drafted TWO 6'1 OLB's....either way...he is a legit player

revefsreleets
06-12-2007, 04:30 PM
On that list, as things stand now, I think McFadden, Harvey and Laurinaitis are stone cold locks to be great NFL players.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-12-2007, 05:38 PM
As some of you know..I'm a HUGE draftnik Geek!!...and I am already looking at 2008...here is an early list of players...that will "at this time" be first round potential....I PERSONALLY would like to get James Laurinaitis, the LB out of Ohio State.. 6-3 244lb...and very versatile...Inside run stopper but can play outside if needed...AND....he is the son of Joe Laurinaitis ... the professional wrestler in the 1980s and 1990s, known as "the Animal" of the Legion of Doom ...(Gotta love that!!!)
VERY strong LB class and our Inside LB's arent getting any younger with little depth behind them

1. Jake Long OT Michigan

2. Sam Baker OT USC

3. Darren McFadden* RB Arkansas

4. Brian Brohm QB Louisville

5. Calais Campbell* DE Miami

6. Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

7. Kenny Phillips* S Miami

8. Antoine Cason CB Arizona

9. Colt Brennan QB Hawaii

10. Derrick Harvey* DE Florida

11. Mario Manningham* WR Michigan

12. Sedrick Ellis DT USC

13. Keith Rivers LB USC

14. Dan Connor LB Penn State

15. Limas Sweed WR Texas

16. James Laurinaitis* LB Ohio State

17. Barry Richardson OT Clemson

18. DeSean Jackson* WR Cal

19. Lawrence Jackson DE USC

20. Ryan Clady* OT Boise State

21. Vince Hall LB Virginia Tech

22. Rey Maualuga* LB USC

23. James Hardy WR Indiana

24. Frank Okam DT Texas

25. Tyson Jackson DE LSU

26. Chad Henne QB Michigan

27. Dwight Lowery CB San Jose State

28. Harry Douglas WR Louisville

29. Jasper Brinkley LB South Carolina

30. Chris Long DE Virginia

31. Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech

32. Malcolm Jenkins* CB Ohio State

Good shit LLT.....I love the draft also bro.....Its a year round event anymore....with the way its scouted.....I just hope Troy is resigned so S doesn't become a bigtime need since OG will be a big need since both Simmons and Faneca are free agents as well after this year.....

CantStop85
06-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Do you really think Colt Brennan will go that high?

PisnNapalm
06-12-2007, 10:42 PM
/sarcasm

I don't know what's worse.... Starting a thread about the 2008 draft or the number of replies to this thread already.

/end sarcasm

pittsburghp8baller
06-12-2007, 11:55 PM

of course. i think Colt Brennan could be the best QB in the draft. Get use to me saying this as I am a huge Hawaii fan and i know for a fact that he is no "system quarterback"

i love talking draft especially since i like watching a lot of college football so im always aware of the prospects. (im also taking a class to get me a job as a nfl scout)

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-13-2007, 08:35 AM
/sarcasm

I don't know what's worse.... Starting a thread about the 2008 draft or the number of replies to this thread already.

/end sarcasm

ahhhh...the off season.

(just didnt want you to be "bored"):wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-13-2007, 08:42 AM

Brennan is a little light at 195lbs...but I have no doubt wwe will see him start to add some bulk wither before the seson starts or as the season progresses....I have him early first right now for two reasons....1) How he rates to other college QB's at the most important skill position...and 2) His increased exposure, which has people noticing him now.

He has the quickest release that I have seen for long time...(comparable to Denvers Cutler but maybe faster yet)....and is accurate.

CantStop85
06-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Brennan is a little light at 195lbs...but I have no doubt wwe will see him start to add some bulk wither before the seson starts or as the season progresses....I have him early first right now for two reasons....1) How he rates to other college QB's at the most important skill position...and 2) His increased exposure, which has people noticing him now.

He has the quickest release that I have seen for long time...(comparable to Denvers Cutler but maybe faster yet)....and is accurate.

True, I just wasn't sure how high the scouts were on him. I figured the Hawaii system would bring down his stock a little bit and a player like Chad Henne would be slightly ahead of him.

revefsreleets
06-14-2007, 04:19 PM
I think Colt will suffer only a little less then Troy Smith, because he's taller, but he's pretty skinny. And a lot of teams will be scared of the system, regardless of his obvious talent. He was also involved in some sexual shennanigans at Colorado which resulted in his transfer to Hawaii, which may scare some teams.

SteelCzar76
06-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Rey Maualuga in 2008 !:helmet:
Oh yeah,.. and 'good stuff' LLT ! Never too early to think 'Draft'. I do the same myself. LOL:cheers:

CantStop85
06-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Never too early to think 'Draft'. I do the same myself. LOL:cheers:

You sound like a Browns fan, SteelCzar. :wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Rey Maualuga in 2008 !:helmet:
Oh yeah,.. and 'good stuff' LLT ! Never too early to think 'Draft'. I do the same myself. LOL:cheers:

Dude...we are seriously going to have to get together for some collaboration!!!

SteelCzar76
06-15-2007, 07:02 PM
You sound like a Browns fan, SteelCzar. :wink02:

Nah,..just 'proactive' 85. LOL :cheers:

SteelCzar76
06-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Dude...we are seriously going to have to get together for some collaboration!!!

Word ! LOL- The way i look at it,.... not only do you have to be mindful of how you handle the 'present'. But it also does you a great service to be 'mindful of what's on the horizon' regarding not only how your team is run in regards to 'staff',...but 'on field personel' as well. :helmet:

Preacher
06-22-2007, 05:09 AM
SteelCzar76 (http://forums.steelersfever.com/member.php?u=2498) vbmenu_register("postmenu_256855", true);
Banned

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?u=2498&dateline=1181447545 (http://forums.steelersfever.com/member.php?u=2498)

Member Number: 2498

^^^^^^^^^

When the heck did that happen?

Oh well, guess it is none of my business!!!

On to more important topics... if.. IF our LB pan out this year, who do we get next? I gotta saw WR. Hines will be entering the last part of his contract. We are strong at Safety... CB's may make a comeback, but we have a lot of money tied up there right now. Oline? Maybe... depending on what our young guys do this year... if they can take away certain positions.

Elvis
06-22-2007, 09:41 PM
No.. Colt will not go that early... He is just a product of the program in my opinion. And I really just dont see us taking a OLB'er in the 1st round again next year after taking these 2 LB's in rounds 1 and 2 this past draft, just dont see it happening. I think that MLB will have to be a top priority next year or atleast toward the top of the list. Farrior isnt gonna be around and productive for much longer...
:tt02:

Layin the wood
06-23-2007, 03:22 PM
I think MLB is a strong position of need!! I really like James Laurinaitis from Ohio State.

pittsburghp8baller
06-23-2007, 10:18 PM
No.. Colt will not go that early... He is just a product of the program in my opinion. And I really just dont see us taking a OLB'er in the 1st round again next year after taking these 2 LB's in rounds 1 and 2 this past draft, just dont see it happening. I think that MLB will have to be a top priority next year or atleast toward the top of the list. Farrior isnt gonna be around and productive for much longer...

ok in your opinion how is he product of the system?

pittsburghp8baller
06-27-2007, 10:08 PM
exactly nothing to say now wedo cause you dont know what your talking bout!

system quarterbacks are people like kyle boller, timmy chang, joey harrington. not people who break the passing efficieny in a system where you throw it 500 times. and people who complete 73% of your passes shut up stop posting places where you nothing about it

Elvis
07-09-2007, 08:38 AM
exactly nothing to say now wedo cause you dont know what your talking bout!

system quarterbacks are people like kyle boller, timmy chang, joey harrington. not people who break the passing efficieny in a system where you throw it 500 times. and people who complete 73% of your passes shut up stop posting places where you nothing about it
Hey little man... sorry I didnt come back to this nonsense thread sooner. So, you think your the know it all do ya? Well, we will see what happens to the guy when the draft next year comes around and he is sitting at home waiting on the phone call that someone might like to sign him as a free agent after the draft is over. He is a system QB, there is no doubt in my mind. Who does he play every year? Nobody good. Omar Jacobs our draft pick last year, if you remember back that far or you have been a Steelers fan that long, he is or was the perfect example of a system QB that I have ever seen. For u to assume that I dont know what I am talking about is nothing more than just your opinion. I have been here a year this past june, and no one has accused me of not knowing what I am talking about. So, get your little ducks in a row before you come accusing someone of not knowing something pal.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Im sensing a little bit of hostility.

pittsburghp8baller
07-09-2007, 11:44 PM
who the hell are who calling little? have i been a steeler fan that long? i may have been born in Hawaii but grew up in New Brighton, PA been a Steelers fan my whole life so i dam well know who omar jacobs is. there is no doubt Brennan is a better quarterback than jacobs ever could of been. jacobs was too slow, and had no arm what so ever. even if he stayed in college for another year a fourth round pick was to high for him. well ill jus say this to you hawaii plays four times on espn this year jus go ahead and tune into one of those games. it looks like he could hit a dime from 30-40 yards out. he can throw inside/outside the pocket. the only reason he is not at a BCS school is because he didnt start at his high school till his senior year because he had to play behing matt leinart. wait till next june we will see

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-09-2007, 11:46 PM
Entering the Colt Brennon argument, I think that he could alwys add on 10 pounds in the offseason if he hits the wait room and I would want to see how his workouts go before I start wrighting him off as a system QB.

pittsburghp8baller
07-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Entering the Colt Brennon argument, I think that he could alwys add on 10 pounds in the offseason if he hits the wait room and I would want to see how his workouts go before I start wrighting him off as a system QB.

yea i agree about adding a couple of pounds it would prob help him. the thing that pisses me off is that he probably has never seen him play so how can anyone write him off as a system quarterback when you havent watched a game.

Elvis
07-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Little man...
I have seen him play, who is the best team he plays every year? I'll be back..

pittsburghp8baller
07-15-2007, 01:36 PM
still with the little man- is that the best u got or is it get ur duckies in line- bama SEC/ boise- undeafted- USC all of the games he played good. its jus hawaii def is the worst def i have ever seen play so even with 45 poiints hawaii loses some games

Elvis
07-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Ok.. little guy.. here's your appology.
I didnt reallize that your Hawaii powerhouse played in the powerhouse WAC conference or I would have understood.
Boise St.
Fresno St.
Idaho
Louisiana Tech
Nevada
New Mexico St.
San Jose St.
Utah St.
That seems very Awesome like doesnt it? Boise St is your only bigtime competition looks like to me. Then your out of conference schedule looks like this for '07
N. Colorado
UNLV
Charleston Southern?
and Washington.
Washington and Boise St. might be your only 2 losses of the year.
No where close to playing in such a great conference as the SEC is it?
Now, not looking at the easy schedule and your panzy conference.. I think that Colt might add about 20 lbs to his frame then he could be a NFL QB. But he is in a pass happy offense that usually doesnt translate to the NFL. There is alot of great college QB's that do not make it in the NFL, maybe your right and I hope you are for the guys sake.

pittsburghp8baller
07-15-2007, 01:50 PM
u dont have to play in a big time conference to be a good quarterback. so ur saying that michael machen is a better quarterback he plays in the big 12. how about thaddeus lewis hes in the ACC. or sticking with SEC seth adams. the only reason hes not playing at some big time school is because
1. he didnt start till his senior year of high school (behind matt leinart)
2. ran into a little problems at colorado

thats it he could play at any school in the nation. he can throw the long ball, hes very accurate, hes mobile enough so he doesnt get the crap beat out of him

Elvis
07-15-2007, 09:06 PM
:blah::blah::blah:
We will all find out next April, wont we?... We'll see. I hope that your right, and the guy does well I really do. But your schedule says nothing about his stats to impress me. But maybe I'm wrong.
:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Godfather
07-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Only thing I know about the 2008 draft is we have the 32nd pick.

CantStop85
07-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Only thing I know about the 2008 draft is we have the 32nd pick.

When did the Steelers swap draft picks with the Bengals?

The Duke
07-22-2007, 06:06 PM
When did the Steelers swap draft picks with the Bengals?

Are you saying the bengals are now stealing draft picks :toofunny:

Elvis
07-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Sounds like their stealin' picks to me also:wink02:

pittsburghp8baller
08-18-2007, 12:48 AM
:blah::blah::blah:
We will all find out next April, wont we?... We'll see. I hope that your right, and the guy does well I really do. But your schedule says nothing about his stats to impress me. But maybe I'm wrong.
:tt02::tt02::tt02:

i hate to bring up sore subjects but u honestly u dont have to play to the toughest schedule in to be any good. look at timmy chang he played the same exact schedule and he never put up the numbers that colt brennan has and he was prob the best run-n-shoot QB until brennan. i was watching an interview that colt brennan did and he brought up a good point. if u think about it every quarterback is a system quarterback. their all run "their system" and colt brennan runs his system better than any other quarterback in the nation. to throw the ball 559 times and complete it 406 times is jus unheard of in the run and shoot or any other system. he brings it all to the table- arm strength/accuracy mobility moxy and his toughness he said it himself he would rather lower his shoulder and pick up an extra yard than throw it away. you gotta look past the stats when evaluating the player--- remember jim kelly and warren moon were "products of the run and shoot" how did that turn out (not a prediction by anymeans)

wedo im sorry if i came off a little edgy but i have a real loyalty to the players i like and u can see that in me defending brady quinn even after he got drafted by the browns. i dont know enough about u make that assumption but if someone dissed ben roethlisberger u probably would do the same right? if u wanna learn a little more about brennan their is this great site i found where i heard the interview he is really a great guy and even if i wasnt a hawaii fan id wish for the best for him

http://www.hawaiiathletics.com/Candidates/Brennan/colt-2007-2.html

steelergirl07
09-06-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm sick of people always making excuses of why Colt is no good. Regardless of the teams he plays, he puts up incredible numbers, and is a great player. I watched all the UH games last year, and every game was an exciting one. And if it's just because UH plays "nobodies", then why doesn't all the other QB's from the WAC put up those numbers?

And by the way..the reason they play "nobodies" is because the "better" teams are sissys and don't want to come to Hawaii and play!!

pittsburghp8baller
09-06-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm sick of people always making excuses of why Colt is no good. Regardless of the teams he plays, he puts up incredible numbers, and is a great player. I watched all the UH games last year, and every game was an exciting one. And if it's just because UH plays "nobodies", then why doesn't all the other QB's from the WAC put up those numbers?

And by the way..the reason they play "nobodies" is because the "better" teams are sissys and don't want to come to Hawaii and play!!

steelergirl is my new favorite person in this forum.

steelergirl07
09-06-2007, 11:21 PM
steelergirl is my new favorite person in this forum.

LOL thanks.

KOMMANDO
09-13-2007, 02:31 PM
I really like Qb from Louisville Brahm(Spelling).. Big strong kid with a cannon arm and Pro style system he runs there. His numbers are every bit as good as brennan's this year and he's much more of a Prospect in my book.

Dylan
09-16-2007, 01:13 AM
I am really big on the draft. i start doin stuff for it beginning of week five.. i already have a player for the steelers to get. in my eyes i see us getting Justin King Cornerback from PennState. This kid is amzing. His numbers are poor but that is only because no one will throw to this kid. He is the shutdown corner the steelers need. he is a junior but he will probably be the first cb taken in the draft.

MasterOfPuppets
09-16-2007, 01:29 AM
I am really big on the draft. i start doin stuff for it beginning of week five.. i already have a player for the steelers to get. in my eyes i see us getting Justin King Cornerback from PennState. This kid is amzing. His numbers are poor but that is only because no one will throw to this kid. He is the shutdown corner the steelers need. he is a junior but he will probably be the first cb taken in the draft.
king is probably gonna be a top 15 pick....i hope like hell were not picking that early..:wink02: besides ,with our lack of depth on the oline ,especially after faneca departs,i think we'll be seeing a linemen in rd 1. my early pimping is micheal oher from ole miss, he can play guard or tackle. then i'd like to see an ilb in 2...maybe jasper brinkly / SC ,or vince hall / VT , or a WR..to eventually replace hines. maybe limus sweed / texasif he drops to us,or james hardy/ indianna

MasterOfPuppets
09-16-2007, 02:01 AM
does anyone know anything about jason williams WR of oregon? he's like 6 - 4 , 5...240 - 245. The guy would be a beast in the redzone !

Crushzilla
09-16-2007, 02:02 AM
king is probably gonna be a top 15 pick....i hope like hell were not picking that early..:wink02: besides ,with our lack of depth on the oline ,especially after faneca departs,i think we'll be seeing a linemen in rd 1. my early pimping is micheal oher from ole miss, he can play guard or tackle. then i'd like to see an ilb in 2...maybe jasper brinkly / SC ,or vince hall / VT , or a WR..to eventually replace hines. maybe limus sweed / texasif he drops to us,or james hardy/ indianna

I agree that we will more than likely be seeing an OLineman unless our new setup magically turns into a concrete wall.

As much as I would love to see Slaton, Lauranitis, or the MLB from PSU, whose name escapes me (Connor?), all of which I have seen very early mocks (which are moot at this point anyway) see us maybe taking, we really need to address this line.

Of course everything will change in the next few months, if Slaton wins the Heisman, Connor wins the Butkis, we win the Super Bowl, the Patriots steal our draft picks in a late night raid.

Most mocks currently have us taking, and will continue to have us taking until April, an OLineman.

I even feel stupid talking about mock drafts right now, so I'll can it.

MasterOfPuppets
09-16-2007, 02:12 AM
I agree that we will more than likely be seeing an OLineman unless our new setup magically turns into a concrete wall.

As much as I would love to see Slaton, Lauranitis, or the MLB from PSU, whose name escapes me (Connor?), all of which I have seen very early mocks (which are moot at this point anyway) see us maybe taking, we really need to address this line.

Of course everything will change in the next few months, if Slaton wins the Heisman, Connor wins the Butkis, we win the Super Bowl, the Patriots steal our draft picks in a late night raid.

Most mocks currently have us taking, and will continue to have us taking until April, an OLineman.

I even feel stupid talking about mock drafts right now, so I'll can it.conner is an outside lber , but could probably make the transition inside in a 3-4. but i don't see any option but to go Oline in rd 1. maybe even 1 and 2 .they've been neglecting drafting quality linemen for several years,and its finally caught up to them.

degoman22
09-16-2007, 02:04 PM
yeah

Crushzilla
09-17-2007, 02:28 AM
conner is an outside lber , but could probably make the transition inside in a 3-4. but i don't see any option but to go Oline in rd 1. maybe even 1 and 2 .they've been neglecting drafting quality linemen for several years,and its finally caught up to them.

Aye.

Perhaps one of the luxuries, I believe, with OLineman is what you see is what you get. You see their technique, you see their size, you see their strength. If no one can get past them in division 1 football then they are probably going to be pretty good blockers in the NFL.

It isn't like looking at a WRs 40 scores or a QBs completion rating in college and taking a shot.

Not sure if this is the generally conception around the league, but it makes sense to me... So I'm running with it. To be honest I don't watch a lot of College ball.

As much as I'd love to see a Slaton/Parker backfield or any other sexy high powered pick, I'd much rather see Ben play longer than a decade.

I wouldn't mind seeing us commit to the position like we did at OLB this year.

Elvis
09-18-2007, 09:32 PM
I am looking at a guy from WCU in western NC that is around 6'8" 247 lbs. He is a awesome guy and he has a motor that never stops and he makes alot of tackles on special teams and blocks very well and he catches everything thrown his way. Did I mention that he is 6'8"? The guy is awesome.
:toofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
09-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Jonathan Stewart*, Oregon (9/8)
Height: 5-11. Weight: 230.
40 Time: 4.56.
Projected Round: 2.
Jonathan Stewart carried the ball just 15 times at Michigan, but he gained 113 yards and a touchdown in the process. His Jerome Bettis style of running could entice the Steelers or Falcons to draft him early.

Currently the best big back projected to go in the 2008 Draft. Rushed for 981 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2006. Stewart became a bigger threat in the passing game last year, increasing his receptions from seven to 20.

MasterOfPuppets
09-18-2007, 09:43 PM
I am looking at a guy from WCU in western NC that is around 6'8" 247 lbs. He is a awesome guy and he has a motor that never stops and he makes alot of tackles on special teams and blocks very well and he catches everything thrown his way. Did I mention that he is 6'8"? The guy is awesome.
i can't find anyone that size on thier roster....

http://catamountsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/wcar-m-footbl-mtt.html

Elvis
09-23-2007, 11:20 AM
OH... I must be still in fantasy league play
:wink02:
:sofunny:
:jawdrop:

Haiku_Dirtt
10-03-2007, 08:38 PM

Agree. And I agree. Actually USC did come to Oahu to play Hawaii two years ago. Of course every player was locked up in a 4-Star resort and kept safely away from Waikiki.

Haiku_Dirtt
10-03-2007, 08:45 PM
They also signed Marcello Church...who sat out last season (undrafted) while recovering from a very serious leg injury while in college. He is a longshot.

Next year Keith Rivers ,6'3 220 lbs, OLB from USC.... Dan Connor 6'3 223 lbs OLB from Penn State...and James Laurinaitis of Ohio State all have potential to be top 10 picks...

...I can see the Pats grabbing Laurinaitis or Rey Maualuga, who may need to slim down but is regarded as a high-motor guy...but Jasper Brinkley at may fit the Pats mold best at Inside......Vince Hall seems to be a better fit for a 4-3

Keith Rivers has seriously stepped up his game this season. I thought he underachieved a bit but this season he's emerged.

Rey Maualuga has a screw loose - in a good way. Whoever gets him will have a ProBowler.

Sedrick Ellis is a beast. He may be the best football player playing at SC right now.

pittsburghp8baller
10-14-2007, 04:39 PM
nfldraftcountdown.com released a new mock draft. their were pretty accurate last year. this is the site i go to the most

1. Miami- Jake Long OT Michigan
2. Buffalo- Glenn Dorsey DT LSU
3. St. Louis- Calais Campbell DE Miami Fl
4. New Orleans- Kenny Phillip S Miami Fl
5. Atlanta- Brian Brohm QB Louisville
6. Dallas (f/CLE)- Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
7.New York Jets- Chris Long DE UVA
8. Minnesota- Desean Jackson WR Cal
9. Kansas City- Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
10. Cincinnati- Keith Rivers LB USC
11. Oakland- Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College
12. Philadelphia- Sam Baker OT USC
13. Detroit- Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
14. New England (f/SF)- James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State
15. Chicago- Matt Ryan QB Boston College
16. Carolina- Reggie Smith CB Oklahoma
17. Denver- Dan Connor LB Penn State
18. Arizona- Quentin Groves DE Auburn
19. Tampa Bay- Sedrick Ellis DT USC
20. Houston- Ryan Clady OT Boise State
21. Washington- Derrick Harvey DE Florida State
22. Seattle- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon State
23. San Diego- Frank Okam DT Texas
24. New York Giants- Ali Highsmith OLB LSU
25. Baltimore- Mike Jenkins CB USF
26. Tennessee- Limas Sweed WR Texas
27. Green Bay- Steve Slaton RB West Virginia
28. Jacksonville- Colt Brennan QB Hawaii
29. Pittsburgh- Antoine Cason CB Arizona
30. Dallas- Justin King CB Penn State
31. San Francisco (f/Ind)- Early Doucet WR LSU
32. New England- FORFEITED

MasterOfPuppets
10-14-2007, 11:06 PM
no way in hell,will pittsburgh be taking a cb with thier 1st pick ! we haven't drafted a quality OLinemen in years , not to mention the inevitable lose of faneca,and the lack of depth.i wouldn't be suprised to see 2 olinemen takin in the first 3 picks. ward isn't getting any younger, wilson,reed , or washington havent shown they deserve consideration as starters. farrior will be 33 next year, unless they think kriedwalt is the future ,they better start looking for an ilber.

here's my early pick

Michael Oher*, Ole Miss
Height: 6-5. Weight: 325.
40 Time: 5.21.
Projected Round: 1-2.
Reminds me of a slightly better version of Justin Blalock; like the former Longhorn, can play guard and tackle.

Preacher
10-15-2007, 01:58 AM
no way in hell,will pittsburgh be taking a cb with thier 1st pick ! we haven't drafted a quality OLinemen in years , not to mention the inevitable lose of faneca,and the lack of depth.i wouldn't be suprised to see 2 olinemen takin in the first 3 picks. ward isn't getting any younger, wilson,reed , or washington havent shown they deserve consideration as starters. farrior will be 33 next year, unless they think kriedwalt is the future ,they better start looking for an ilber.

here's my early pick

Michael Oher*, Ole Miss
Reminds me of a slightly better version of Justin Blalock; like the former Longhorn, can play guard and tackle.

Yep....

No way we pick anything higher then 32 either... and NOT because we have been cheating!:wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-15-2007, 03:14 PM

here's my early pick

Michael Oher*, Ole Miss

I love that pick!!!

Here are a few other O-linemen that I like that may be late first round picks

Gosder Cherilus, OT Boston College
Can play right or left tackle and is huge (6' 7" 318 lbs) with great feet.

Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt
left tackle who could move up and not be available by our pick

Ryan Clady, (JR) OT, Boise State
(6' 5" 320 lbs) pure left tackle with fantastic feet and size

MasterOfPuppets
10-15-2007, 04:54 PM
I love that pick!!!

unless we fall apart this year, cherilus should be gone in the top 20. i won't hold my breath for clady either. williams has great speed for his size, ( 5.13 ) and i've seen him projected anywhere from 2 -3.a good showing at the combine might push him into late 1st. there's about a dozen really good tackles in this crop. it seems tomlin likes the versatile guys , so i'm thinking he may want a guy with takle and guard experience. there's 2 good ones that fit the ticket, micheal oher and....
Mike McGlynn, Pittsburgh
Height: 6-5. Weight: 315.
40 Time: 5.28.
Projected Round: 2-3.
Extremely durable. Can play both offensive tackle and guard positions

i'd be thrilled if they took oher in late 1 , and snagged mcglenn in late 2. it would give us great depth at the tackle and guard positions...:thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-16-2007, 10:00 AM
unless we fall apart this year, cherilus should be gone in the top 20. i won't hold my breath for clady either. williams has great speed for his size, ( 5.13 ) and i've seen him projected anywhere from 2 -3.a good showing at the combine might push him into late 1st. there's about a dozen really good tackles in this crop. it seems tomlin likes the versatile guys , so i'm thinking he may want a guy with takle and guard experience. there's 2 good ones that fit the ticket, micheal oher and....
Mike McGlynn, Pittsburgh

i'd be thrilled if they took oher in late 1 , and snagged mcglenn in late 2. it would give us great depth at the tackle and guard positions...:thumbsup:

What do you think of Mike Fladell, the 6-7 315 lb guard from Rutgers?

Lord Stiller
10-16-2007, 10:29 AM
I'd like us to draft a tackle and maybe a guard on day 1 of the draft

Tackle is most important and should be our number 1 pick with Marvel aging and Colon/Starks sucking

Kemo should be able to adequately take over for Faneca next season

pittsburghp8baller
10-16-2007, 11:24 AM
if we are looking guards then this wouldnt be so bad

Heath Benedict OG Newberry College
6-6 328 lbs 40 time 4.99 40 low 4.93 40 high 5.08
Projected Round 2

Then if ur looking tackle then id go
Jeff Otah OT Pitt
6-6 340 lbs 40- 5.36
projected round- 2
His stock has been rising all season. ive seen him a couple of times and on most plays he can put the guy on his back.

MasterOfPuppets
10-16-2007, 03:28 PM
What do you think of Mike Fladell, the 6-7 315 lb guard from Rutgers?
i don't really know much about him. i've only seen rutgers once this year,and thats when my terps spanked thier ass!!! they held rice to under 100yds, rutgers line gave up a few sacks. as a unit i wasn't impressed with thier line. from what i've read on fladell he looks to be a day 2 pick.

Mike Fladell, Rutgers
Height: 6-8. Weight: 325.
40 Time: 5.35.
Projected Round: 4-5.
Blocking for Ray Rice and Brian Leonard would look good on any resume. Started every game for Rutgers in 2006.

MasterOfPuppets
10-16-2007, 03:44 PM
if we are looking guards then this wouldnt be so bad

Heath Benedict OG Newberry College
6-6 328 lbs 40 time 4.99 40 low 4.93 40 high 5.08
Projected Round 2

Then if ur looking tackle then id go
Jeff Otah OT Pitt
6-6 340 lbs 40- 5.36
projected round- 2
His stock has been rising all season. ive seen him a couple of times and on most plays he can put the guy on his back.
benedict plays tackle in college. the man has some crazy speed for his size. division 2 players scare me a bit.

I am writing this scouting report on 2 May 2007, just days after the 2007 NFL Draft. This time next year, all the top NFL Draft Websites are going to be singing the praise of Heath Benedict after he gets drafted in the 3rd round of the 2008 NFL Draft. Of course that is speculation, making such a bold statement before a single snap has been played in the 2008 football season. I am not the only one that likes Benedict?s Pro Potential; my friends over at Walter?s Football Site have him in the second round of their impressive 2008 NFL Mock Draft.
http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_NFL_Draft/heath_benedict.htm

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-17-2007, 06:26 AM
Mike McGlynn, Pittsburgh

Hmmmmm...you got the wheels turning now...how about 1st round/ OT Michael Oher.... 2nd round/ OG Roy Schuening, Oregon State....3rd round/ WR Patrick Turner, USC... 4th round/ ILB J Leman, Illinois.....5th round/DE Kendall Langford/Hampton (6'6 294 with 4.9 speed, he fits our 3-4 DE prototype) ....6th round/QB Dennis Dixon, Oregon ..... 7th round/DB Corey Lynch, Appalachian State (could be a special teams beast)

pittsburghp8baller
10-17-2007, 05:20 PM
benedict plays tackle in college. the man has some crazy speed for his size. division 2 players scare me a bit.

I am writing this scouting report on 2 May 2007, just days after the 2007 NFL Draft. This time next year, all the top NFL Draft Websites are going to be singing the praise of Heath Benedict after he gets drafted in the 3rd round of the 2008 NFL Draft. Of course that is speculation, making such a bold statement before a single snap has been played in the 2008 football season. I am not the only one that likes Benedict?s Pro Potential; my friends over at Walter?s Football Site have him in the second round of their impressive 2008 NFL Mock Draft.
http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_NFL_Draft/heath_benedict.htm

hes a transfer from tennessee so at least we know he is good enough. the problem ive heard with him is that he had to transfer because of academic problems so the idea of him digesting a NFL playbook concerns a lot of people

lilyoder6
10-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Jake long
Height 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)
Weight 313 lb (142 kg)
Michigan

MasterOfPuppets
10-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Hmmmmm...you got the wheels turning now...how about 1st round/ OT Michael Oher.... 2nd round/ OG Roy Schuening, Oregon State....3rd round/ WR Patrick Turner, USC... 4th round/ ILB J Leman, Illinois.....5th round/DE Kendall Langford/Hampton (6'6 294 with 4.9 speed, he fits our 3-4 DE prototype) ....6th round/QB Dennis Dixon, Oregon ..... 7th round/DB Corey Lynch, Appalachian State (could be a special teams beast)

2nd / schuening - i could live with the pick , but if were taking a pure guard i'd rather grab shanon tevaga (sp ?) if he's still on the board.

3rd / turner - this years crop of recievers are pretty deep, i'm not so sure he'll even enter the draft this year. his numbers this year are average so far at best ( 1 td ) unless he goes on a tear for the rest of the year, i doubt he'd be a day 1 pick this year.

4th leman - the guy is tackling machine ! would be a steel in 4.

5th / langford - wow !!! never heard of the guy till now. he sounds like a good prospect . with all the teams switching to a 3/4 these kinda guys are getting harder to find. good call.

6th / dixon - makes very bad decisions at times, may mature into a real qb,may not. sooner or later someones gotta beat out st peter for the 3rd spot...paul smith of tulsa maybe? he puts up some big numbers.

7th / corey lynch - i think i'd use this spot ,and take a chance on adding depth at center...maybe jeff cavender of boise st

MasterOfPuppets
10-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Jake long
Height 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)
Weight 313 lb (142 kg)
Michigan

jake long has a very good chance of being the # 1 pick in this years draft....we have 0% chance at him...:coffee:

lilyoder6
10-17-2007, 09:04 PM
i know.. but he is one good player... well u either have the rams or dolphins getting that choice

Black@Gold Forever32
10-17-2007, 09:12 PM
I love that pick!!!

I know Faneca is leaving and OG would be a bigger need....But I'm all for the Steelers drafting a true LT........I think Marvel Smith does a fine job at LT but still I don't think he is an elite LT......I still say he is better suited for RT which is were he began his NFL career is at RT.......So I would say true LT in the first and an OG that also could play OT in the 2nd....The Steelers would be wise to spend to first day picks on the OLine....I wouldn't mind looking for a center later in the draft also....I think Sean Mahan does a solid job but I think he lacks the strength that the Steelers demand from the center position.....

The Steelers also better think about drafting some legit Dline prospects soon....The entire Dline is pushing 30 or over 30.....Some young blood is needed bad.....Not unless Ryan McBean really develops next year since I'm sure he will be invited back to training camp.....

Black@Gold Forever32
10-17-2007, 09:14 PM
2nd / schuening - i could live with the pick , but if were taking a pure guard i'd rather grab shanon tevaga (sp ?) if he's still on the board.

3rd / turner - this years crop of recievers are pretty deep, i'm not so sure he'll even enter the draft this year. his numbers this year are average so far at best ( 1 td ) unless he goes on a tear for the rest of the year, i doubt he'd be a day 1 pick this year.

4th leman - the guy is tackling machine ! would be a steel in 4.

5th / langford - wow !!! never heard of the guy till now. he sounds like a good prospect . with all the teams switching to a 3/4 these kinda guys are getting harder to find. good call.

6th / dixon - makes very bad decisions at times, may mature into a real qb,may not. sooner or later someones gotta beat out st peter for the 3rd spot...paul smith of tulsa maybe? he puts up some big numbers.

7th / corey lynch - i think i'd use this spot ,and take a chance on adding depth at center...maybe jeff cavender of boise st

Don't the Steelers only have 6 picks since they traded a late round pick for Allen Rossum?

MasterOfPuppets
10-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Don't the Steelers only have 6 picks since they traded a late round pick for Allen Rossum?:busted: great observation !!! you are correct.....i'm sure LLT was testing us....i failed...
:dang:

Lord Stiller
10-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Rossum was traded for a 2008 conditional pick

Hopefully it is a 6th rounder, i doubt it is higher than a 5th

Lord Stiller
10-19-2007, 11:10 AM
I know Faneca is leaving and OG would be a bigger need....But I'm all for the Steelers drafting a true LT........I think Marvel Smith does a fine job at LT but still I don't think he is an elite LT......I still say he is better suited for RT which is were he began his NFL career is at RT.......So I would say true LT in the first and an OG that also could play OT in the 2nd....The Steelers would be wise to spend to first day picks on the OLine....I wouldn't mind looking for a center later in the draft also....I think Sean Mahan does a solid job but I think he lacks the strength that the Steelers demand from the center position.....

I agree. I think Chris Kemo will be our starting guard next year anyways so I would much rather get a tackle with our first pick

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Don't the Steelers only have 6 picks since they traded a late round pick for Allen Rossum?

We cant determine at this time which round Rossum's trade will affect us...and I have no idea what type of compensatory picks we will recieve...so I just stuck to one pick per round

Aussie_steeler
10-22-2007, 07:27 AM
I dont get to see many games of college football down here so I follow the chat in this thread.

You all are mentioning Otah from Pittsburgh but I also see Mike McGlynn mentioned as well.

He sounds like a pure footballer who has some versatility , plays right tackle, practices at center and is a long snapper. Is he a second or third round guy that could come in for some consideration from the front office? It sounds like he could possibly handle guard as well.

Whats the difference between these two guys in your view?

As far as quarterbacks should we give up on trying draft a backup quarter back and just rely on free agency to get someone cheap. The success rate at drafting a qb has been pretty poor when gambling in the lower rounds over the last decade.

Lord Stiller
10-22-2007, 09:23 AM
What we should draft next year:

round 1 - Left Tackle
round 2 - Guard
round 3 - Center
round 4 - Right Tackle

MasterOfPuppets
10-22-2007, 10:56 AM
I dont get to see many games of college football down here so I follow the chat in this thread.

You all are mentioning Otah from Pittsburgh but I also see Mike McGlynn mentioned as well.

He sounds like a pure footballer who has some versatility , plays right tackle, practices at center and is a long snapper. Is he a second or third round guy that could come in for some consideration from the front office? It sounds like he could possibly handle guard as well.

Whats the difference between these two guys in your view?

As far as quarterbacks should we give up on trying draft a backup quarter back and just rely on free agency to get someone cheap. The success rate at drafting a qb has been pretty poor when gambling in the lower rounds over the last decade.

jeff otah is a Left tackle. mike McGlynn is a right tackle. as you said mcglynn has exsperience at center and should be able to make the transition to guard if need be.pitt was gonna use mcglynn at center this year, but an injury put him back to his normal position,tackle there's also a little bit of a size difference.

Mike McGlynn, Pittsburgh
Extremely durable. Can play both offensive tackle and guard positions.

Jeff Otah, Pittsburgh
Height: 6-6. Weight: 340.
40 Time: 5.24.
Projected Round: 3.
Started every game for Pittsburgh in 2006, protecting Tyler Palko. Not a bad 40 considering his 340-pound frame.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Found a list of Guard prospects for those who are interested

1. Eric Young .......,,....Tennessee
2. Pedro Sosa........... Rutgers (OT)
3. Roy Schuening .....Oregon State
4. Shannon Tevaga ..U.C.L.A.
5. Adam Kraus ..........Michigan
6. Drew Radovich..... U.S.C.
7. Jordan Grimes ......Purdue
8. Heath Benedict .....Newberry
9. Jeremy Zuttah .......Rutgers
10. Mike McGlynn...... Pittsburgh (OT)
11. Kerry Brown .........Appalachian State
12. Andrew Crummey ..Maryland

pittsburghp8baller
10-22-2007, 12:59 PM
scout.com top 5 OT,OG,C

OT
1. Jake Long Michigan
2. Sam Baker USC
3. Goser Cherilus BC
4. Tony Hills Texas
5. Mike McGylnn Pitt

OG
1. Eric Young Tennessee
2. Shannon Tevaga UCLA
3. Will Arnold LSU
4. Drew Radovich USC
5. Adam Kraus Michigan

Center
1. John Sullivan ND
2. Cody Wallace Tex A&M
3. Steven Justice Wake
4. Doug Legursky Marshall
5. Kory Lichtensteiger Bowling Green

MasterOfPuppets
10-22-2007, 06:39 PM
scout.com top 5 OT,OG,C

OT
1. Jake Long Michigan
2. Sam Baker USC
3. Goser Cherilus BC
4. Tony Hills Texas
5. Mike McGylnn Pitt

OG
1. Eric Young Tennessee
2. Shannon Tevaga UCLA
3. Will Arnold LSU
4. Drew Radovich USC
5. Adam Kraus Michigan

Center
1. John Sullivan ND
2. Cody Wallace Tex A&M
3. Steven Justice Wake
4. Doug Legursky Marshall
5. Kory Lichtensteiger Bowling Green
this list is seniors only. this drafting class will be much deeper with the juniors.

john sullivans stock is dropping like a ton of bricks !!!

Aussie_steeler
10-23-2007, 06:43 AM
jeff otah is a Left tackle. mike McGlynn is a right tackle. as you said mcglynn has exsperience at center and should be able to make the transition to guard if need be.pitt was gonna use mcglynn at center this year, but an injury put him back to his normal position,tackle there's also a little bit of a size difference.

:cheers: I will keep picking your brains guys. I read some of the scouting sites but it is hard to get a good idea on players without seeing any film .

Thanks for the info.

pittsburghp8baller
10-23-2007, 09:54 AM
this list is seniors only. this drafting class will be much deeper with the juniors.

john sullivans stock is dropping like a ton of bricks !!!

yea once any junior declares they will add them in.

sullivan cant even snap a ball to the quarterback out of the shotgun

Rhee Rhee
11-02-2007, 02:40 AM
I'm hoping we go for a shutdown corner this year in the draft... every year we seem to be in need of a DB so this is the year we get an athletic corner to accompany ike taylor and bryant Mcfadden/deshea townsend. i dont think mcfadden is the answer and deshea is going to be 32 next yr... we cut coclough so i say we go malcom jenkins Ohio state? or maybe Mike Jenkins Southern florida?

Elvis
01-03-2008, 04:41 PM
I know that I have been changing my mind on this for the last few weeks and I know that our '07 season is Not Over Yet. I think right now with the way things are working their ways out that maybe we should be looking at a MLB in the 1st round if there is someone like:
14. Dan Connor - LB - 6?2? 235 lbs. - Penn St
Rugged inside linebacker has the physical talent and savvy to start early in the NFL.
This young man makes alot of plays and we need that on the inside right now with Farrior getting up in the years and Foote has just Not performed this season.
But my first priority would still be someone like OT Jake Long from Michigan but I really dont think that the Steelers will have the opportunity to select him. Another player I would like to list at MLB
James Laurinaitis from Ohio State
6'2" 245 lbs.

steelers2685
01-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Keep in mind the Patriots linebackers are far more aged than we are, so they'll be eyeing up Laurinitis for sure, if not Connor to begin getting some new blood in their D.

OT is going to be the main priority I am sure. Hopefully if we can get some help in FA however, a MLB may be possible, but as its been said, chances are the Steelers aren't going to go out and pay any veteran decent $$$ and instead stick with investing in someone they can bring up theirselves.

lilyoder6
01-03-2008, 05:16 PM
i'm guessing that NE will trade away there # 5 pick... i just don't think they have enough money in the salary cap to resign the big names and then sign a #5 pick to the money that pick gets... Connor is the new leading tackler at PSU... i would laugh my ass off if buffalo drafted him and him and paul would be back together once again...

Rhee Rhee
01-04-2008, 03:56 AM
I know that I have been changing my mind on this for the last few weeks and I know that our '07 season is Not Over Yet. I think right now with the way things are working their ways out that maybe we should be looking at a MLB in the 1st round if there is someone like:
14. Dan Connor - LB - 6?2? 235 lbs. - Penn St
Rugged inside linebacker has the physical talent and savvy to start early in the NFL.
This young man makes alot of plays and we need that on the inside right now with Farrior getting up in the years and Foote has just Not performed this season.
But my first priority would still be someone like OT Jake Long from Michigan but I really dont think that the Steelers will have the opportunity to select him. Another player I would like to list at MLB
James Laurinaitis from Ohio State
6'2" 245 lbs.

hey if those two dont work out we could always get J leman in the second or third :thumbsup:

Elvis
01-05-2008, 09:59 AM
[SIZE=3]The steelers are not gonna get one of the top MLB's I dont think either, but the Steelers have been known to pick up a veteran MLB like Farrior to take that spot. The Steelers are definitely getting old at MLB and need to address it sooner than later. That is where Jeremy Leman from Illinois comes into the picture.. great point Rhee Rhee..
I also love this RB from Rutgers as well... Ray Rice... he is a beast../SIZE]

Elvis
01-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Here is someone to keep in mind for our MLB position Jeremy Leman ScoutingReport

Position:ILB (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2008/profiles.cfm?pos=ILB) School & Year/Status:Illinois (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profiles_by_team.cfm?school=Illinois) - SeniorHeight & Weight:6'3 - 243 lbs.Ranked #76 on our Top 100 Prospects Board (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2008/top100.cfm)

2008 NFL Draft Prospect - Scouting Report
Jeremy Leman is one of the top inside linebackers in America. The Fighting Illini senior is a heady play maker and the emotional leader of what is turning out to be a pretty good Illinois defense. J Leman is a semi-finalist for the Nagurski, Lombardi, Butkus, and Bedinark awards this season. Leman is also a finalist for the Draddy Trophy, for academic excellence. He may lack elite speed at the linebacker position, but Leman has good lateral quickness and rarely gets caught out of position. He led Illinois with 124 tackles this season (40 more than the second leading tackler), 9.5 tackles for loss, and 2.5 sacks. While those numbers are outstanding, it's kind of a slow year for Leman compared to last year's 152 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, and 4 sacks. Leman plugs up the inside for the Illini, helping them hold teams to just 114.5 rushing yards per game this season. Even Mel Kiper of ESPN fame is impressed with his nose for the football and instincts. Leman has recorded at least 50 tackles each of his four seasons. J Leman will make a good inside linebacker in the NFL and should be off the board on the first day. Last Updated Nov-27-2007 by Randall Weida (rdweida@yahoo.com&subject=Jeremy%20Leman%20Scouting%20Report)

steelers2685
01-05-2008, 02:26 PM
i'm guessing that NE will trade away there # 5 pick... i just don't think they have enough money in the salary cap to resign the big names and then sign a #5 pick to the money that pick gets... Connor is the new leading tackler at PSU... i would laugh my ass off if buffalo drafted him and him and paul would be back together once again...

They'll go with Laurinitis since Seau is now how old? LOL.... Bruschi is getting up there too. They will want to get some new blood in their to begin learning from these guys since they don't have much longer left.

If not a LB, then they'll probably do a cornerback. Samuels is going to be gone and he's their big play guy in the secondary right now.

sherlock
02-03-2008, 12:07 AM
In an attempt to gain some insight into this Draft thing I visited the NCAA football website.
Can someone tell me what the pts column in the list below stands for

USA Today Top-25 College Football Poll

No. Team Rec Pts Prev
1 LSU 12-2 1500 2
2 USC 11-2 1380 6
3 Georgia 11-2 1370 4
4 Ohio State 11-2 1287 1
5 Missouri 12-2 1241 7
6 West Virginia 11-2 1239 9
7 Kansas 12-1 1217 8
8 Oklahoma 11-3 1016 3
9 Virginia Tech 11-3 979 5
10 Texas 10-3 924 17

MasterOfPuppets
02-03-2008, 12:19 AM
In an attempt to gain some insight into this Draft thing I visited the NCAA football website.
Can someone tell me what the pts column in the list below stands for

USA Today Top-25 College Football Poll

No. Team Rec Pts Prev
1 LSU 12-2 1500 2
2 USC 11-2 1380 6
3 Georgia 11-2 1370 4
4 Ohio State 11-2 1287 1
5 Missouri 12-2 1241 7
6 West Virginia 11-2 1239 9
7 Kansas 12-1 1217 8
8 Oklahoma 11-3 1016 3
9 Virginia Tech 11-3 979 5
10 Texas 10-3 924 17
college football rankings are based on votes.........
1....lsu was voted number 1
12-2.....was thier record 12 wins...2 loses
1500......amount of points from the votes
2.....previous week ranking

hey sherlock.....i found another football for dummies site for ya...
http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/football.htm

sherlock
02-03-2008, 12:45 AM
college football rankings are based on votes.........
1....lsu was voted number 1
12-2.....was thier record 12 wins...2 loses
1500......amount of points from the votes
2.....previous week ranking

hey sherlock.....i found another football for dummies site for ya...
http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/football.htm

`kin brilliant site,IT`S JUST WHAT i`M LOOKING FOR!!...Thanks MOP:bouncy:

MasterOfPuppets
02-03-2008, 01:49 AM
`kin brilliant site,IT`S JUST WHAT i`M LOOKING FOR!!...Thanks MOP:bouncy:your quite welcome.....i hope i cleared up the college question. it really has nothing to do with the draft.

steel65
02-03-2008, 08:55 PM
why would they draft LB they did that last year and none of them started we need ol and secondary ,concerned about troy's knee how about running back dont know if willie will return to top form

19ward86
02-03-2008, 09:20 PM
laurinitis is staying at OSU

Rhee Rhee
02-04-2008, 09:34 PM
why would they draft LB they did that last year and none of them started we need ol and secondary ,concerned about troy's knee how about running back dont know if willie will return to top form

we need LB cause harrison is 30 and farrior is 34...nuff said besides no one is behind harrison on the depth chart... at least no one good...

MasterOfPuppets
02-04-2008, 11:13 PM
we need LB cause harrison is 30 and farrior is 34...nuff said besides no one is behind harrison on the depth chart... at least no one good...
don't you think this years draft should be used on players that have a chance of helping THIS year. i mean why draft guys to sit on the bench ,when you need guys that can help right now? timmons was no help last year, but ben grubbs or justin blaylock or tony ugoh, sure would've been nice to have on our pathetic line last year.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Here is someone to keep in mind for our MLB position Jeremy Leman ScoutingReport

Position:ILB (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2008/profiles.cfm?pos=ILB) School & Year/Status:Illinois (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profiles_by_team.cfm?school=Illinois) - SeniorHeight & Weight:6'3 - 243 lbs.Ranked #76 on our Top 100 Prospects Board (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2008/top100.cfm)

2008 NFL Draft Prospect - Scouting Report
Jeremy Leman is one of the top inside linebackers in America. The Fighting Illini senior is a heady play maker and the emotional leader of what is turning out to be a pretty good Illinois defense. J Leman is a semi-finalist for the Nagurski, Lombardi, Butkus, and Bedinark awards this season. Leman is also a finalist for the Draddy Trophy, for academic excellence. He may lack elite speed at the linebacker position, but Leman has good lateral quickness and rarely gets caught out of position. He led Illinois with 124 tackles this season (40 more than the second leading tackler), 9.5 tackles for loss, and 2.5 sacks. While those numbers are outstanding, it's kind of a slow year for Leman compared to last year's 152 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, and 4 sacks. Leman plugs up the inside for the Illini, helping them hold teams to just 114.5 rushing yards per game this season. Even Mel Kiper of ESPN fame is impressed with his nose for the football and instincts. Leman has recorded at least 50 tackles each of his four seasons. J Leman will make a good inside linebacker in the NFL and should be off the board on the first day. Last Updated Nov-27-2007 by Randall Weida (rdweida@yahoo.com&subject=Jeremy%20Leman%20Scouting%20Report)

As you know I love Lehman..his stock is dropping and that is just fine with me... if he is there in the later rounds I would grab him in a heartbeat....

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-05-2008, 10:24 AM
don't you think this years draft should be used on players that have a chance of helping THIS year. i mean why draft guys to sit on the bench ,when you need guys that can help right now? timmons was no help last year, but ben grubbs or justin blaylock or tony ugoh, sure would've been nice to have on our pathetic line last year.

Agreed....if we need depth at LB then look at the second day (see post on J. Lehman) We have too many needs to draft a second string LB on the first day. I put LB in the same category as WR...We WILL need one, but not THIS year,...so we need to look at immediate needs first.