PDA

View Full Version : Quinn headed for holdout

Crushzilla
06-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Heard ESPN2's First Take talking about this. Thought I'd find some literature about it as well

Quinn holdout may be on the horizon; Quarterback says it's up to his agent and the Browns

The Cleveland Browns, despite trading up to make Brady Quinn their second first-round pick, don't really want the rookie quarterback playing early in his rookie season.

Browns coaches would like to see Charlie Frye maintain the job.

Cleveland might not have all the say in the Quinn situation.

Browns insiders say there's a good chance agent Tom Condon will hold out Quinn once training camp starts.

At a recent practice in Berea, where the Browns have their headquarters, Quinn was asked about the possibility of a holdout.

"That's something, I don't know, that's (Condon's) job," Quinn told reporters who cover the team. "The pressure's on him, not me. The pressure's on me to perform on the field. "I think there (are) two sides to it. It's not just on me. It's on him and the Browns. They've got to come to an agreement and figure something out. I'm just a guy out here playing. They're doing all the talking."

So far, the Browns and Condon have not done much talking.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070603/COL04/706030437/1082/SPT

Not mentioned in the story, but they said on the show that Quinn's agent Condon is working on getting something done, but they are not going to settle for number 22 money. Brady Quinn, apparently, deserves better than number 22 money.

News flash, Condon.

Quinn WAS the 22nd pick. No one cares if you, Weis, Courtney Love, or the Dhali Llama thought he should have went higher. He would have went lower if the Cowboys wouldn't have given away their pick in a trade. They wouldn't have taken him.

Rookie holdouts are so absurd. The only thing Quinn has shown at the next level is that he can look suspect in pictures of pastel colored shirts and (apparently) throw lame ducks at practice. I suppose he want that 60 mil 6 year contract 27 guaranteed he would have probably got in Joe Thomas' spot :jerkit:

Livinginthe past
06-12-2007, 11:10 AM
If we concede that rookies should even be able to 'negotiate' their first contract and 'holdout' (personally I think this practice should be made illegal by the NFL) I can see how Condon would be looking for more than the regular 'slotted value' for the 22nd pick.

The reason the guy fell so far was due to so many teams not requiring a QB with their 1st round pick.

The fact is, Quinn is being lined up to be the franchise QB - and while I think he should concentrate on spending as much time learning the pro-game as possible it seems fairly typical that his agent would be looking to squeeze every last cent out the rookie deal (and therefore his own fee).

Rookie holdouts are one of my biggest bug-bears with the NFL today.

ChronoCross
06-12-2007, 11:11 AM
He cannot throw accurate in camps and he is going to hold out thinking he is worth something.. lol.. In his first day at camp he was throwing balls into the wind that would not make it to there targets, real strong arm he has there.

Ya he is about as good as some;

http://www.premier-holidays.co.nz/images/content/TM_Mercer_cheese_long.jpg

revefsreleets
06-12-2007, 03:39 PM
The Browns have a much better OL this year, and the two guys they have playing QB will be a lot better because of it. I don't think the Browns will cave in because they really don't need to.

PisnNapalm
06-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Who the hell can blame him? The Browns drafted him. sheesh.

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Hes gonna be a flop anyways. Another mistake added by the lake.

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2007, 04:12 PM
I bet you Quinn tries to get number 1 pick money when he has the value of some picked at 240. He was still picked to early.