PDA

View Full Version : USA Today Top 25 of last 25

Crushzilla
06-12-2007, 12:26 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/top25-sportsmoments.htm

The USA Today's top 25 sports moments of the last 25 years. Not a very good list IMO.

Kind of surprised here about the number 1, especially.

Read & Respond. NOW!

Sorry. A little practice for my future in education :smile:

EDIT: That's with that one guys hair in the top left of the Red Sox picture in the top banner. Are those? Are those cornrows, man!?!?

83-Steelers-43
06-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Wow, a baseball team with the second highest salary in baseball won a World Series....that's amazing.

fansince'76
06-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Pretty telling that the 5th-ranked story was "BALCO-steroids in baseball," immediately followed in 6th place by the "1998 home run chase" story. Talk about cause and effect.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-12-2007, 12:41 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/top25-sportsmoments.htm

The USA Today's top 25 sports moments of the last 25 years. Not a very good list IMO.

Kind of surprised here about the number 1, especially.

Read & Respond. NOW!

Sorry. A little practice for my future in education :smile:

EDIT: That's with that one guys hair in the top left of the Red Sox picture in the top banner. Are those? Are those cornrows, man!?!?

Wow.......that may very well be one of the worst lists I have ever seen. The Greatest story in the last 25 years is the Redsox winning the World Series??????????!!!!!!

Maybe if you live in Boston......MAYBE!!

I think there was some distortion between greatest moment and greatest story also...Doug Fluties pass...the Kirk Gibson walk-off homer...were GREAT moments in sports.. The 98 Home run Race... and the Balco-Steroids fiasco... received MOUNTAINS more attention over a period of time than any one specific play or game.

Fluff article + Fluff research = Fluff results

stlrtruck
06-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Some of those things were interesting...like the quotes or the draft ones...but overall..

:coffee: :yawn:

SteelCityMan786
06-14-2007, 03:07 PM
WTF? Where's wide right in the playoffs in the Steelers/Colts game.