PDA

View Full Version : Romo(no) wants the big cheese!

Crushzilla
06-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Cowboys' Romo hopes for new contract: Quarterback says he'd like to reach deal before season starts

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News
tarcher@dallasnews.com

IRVING – The Cowboys' regular season does not start until Sept. 9, but quarterback Tony Romo hopes to have a new contract completed by the time he attempts his first pass against the New York Giants.

"I'd definitely like it before the season began, but you never know how these things go," he said. "I know the Jones family. They know me. We'll come to a conclusion."
Tony Romo threw 19 touchdown passes and 13 interceptions in the 2006 regular season.

Speaking at the Dallas All Sports Assocation's Hall of Fame Luncheon at Maggiano's in Northpark Center on Monday, Romo said the Cowboys and his agent have discussed a new deal. Romo is entering the last year of his contract and will make $1.5 million this season.

Because Romo has started only 11 games, including one in the playoffs, finding a compromise might take some time. If they do not reach a deal, the Cowboys could place the franchise tag on Romo, which would pay him the average salary of the five highest-paid quarterbacks in the league. However, owner and general manager Jerry Jones has said he is optimistic a deal can be reached.

"I don't think about that stuff," Romo said. "Whenever they start talking [more], it'll play itself out the way it should. Whatever's fair is fair."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/nfl/stories/061207dnspocowboysshort.2b44fc7.html

Sources also say the contract would require Romo to have a robotic arm attached to hold field goal kicks.

Bottom line is the Cowboys made it very clear in the draft that they are going with Romo. They had a chance to land someone, regarded by many, as a steal at 22, but they passed. Romo will get his contract and it will happen sooner than this guy thinks.

ChronoCross
06-12-2007, 12:37 PM
http://www.qvsd.ca/artwork/2005/rs5.jpg

As long as he keeps carrying the ball 3ft from his body when he runs around - He will fumble.

And of course he will still throw INTs all day long.

Great contract coming for a guy that will break the INT record and Fumble record all in one season.

fansince'76
06-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Doesn't Romo have a chain of BBQ rib places named after him?

TackleMeBen
06-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Doesn't Romo have a chain of BBQ rib places named after him?

yeah its called underwood :wink02:

ChronoCross
06-12-2007, 01:53 PM
yeah its called underwood :wink02:

Romo is the official purse carrier for underwood.. :P

TackleMeBen
06-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Romo is the official purse carrier for underwood.. :P

it wasnt his color :flap:

TackleMeBen
06-13-2007, 07:09 AM
instead of Romo wanting to see the money.. maybe he should be wanting to hold on to the football..lol

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/crybaby2.jpg

ben2hines=6
06-13-2007, 12:46 PM
this is gonna be a big mistake by the cowboys if they give him big money.. the league figured himout last year with making him stay in the pocket....not saying that drafting quinn would have been a smart draft pick but i just dont see the OVERHYPED romo doing much in little D

Livinginthe past
06-14-2007, 01:53 AM
It seems like its not only the media who likes to rip 'celebrities' down - im amazed at the backlash against Romo since his botched hold for the FG in that playoffs.

Sure the guy struggled in the postseason, but he is far from the only QB who has found that a step too far at the first time of asking.

I guess its a case of people reacting to the way the media went overboard in its praise of his play during the regular season, but this is a young QB who has made massive steps last year.

Exactly how he has been 'figured out' is beyond me - I remember when Ben got 'figured out' by the Patriots in the post season to the 15-1 season - its what is known as a 'learning curve'.