PDA

View Full Version : Rat fans cry foul over Steelers' new defense.

Edman
06-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Talking about how them Steelers stole from the Ravens by copying their defensive scheme. And get their totally original witty nickname for Pittsburgh: The "Stealers". Oh wow. What a magnificent creative nickname, jagoffs.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=118#S=118&F=1666&T=616025

Funny how they don't mention that after the 2001 Steelers' 3-4 Defense under Tam Lewis was successful, several teams switched to the 3-4 and others figured out how to beat it the following year. The NFL is a copycat league. How stupid can they get?

I keep telling those homers, teams are catching on to them. They won't have it so easy and take everyone by surprise next year.

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Exactly. Not ONE team in this league will not have a copycat. I just love how people say we steal there Defense when it happens in EVERY Sport that involves scheme making.

tony hipchest
06-12-2007, 09:16 PM
what a bunch of crybabies. next thing you know, they will say our logo is trying to copy the raven head. atleast we dont have to hire one of their assistants to help us out *cough lewis cough*

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2007, 09:41 PM
what a bunch of crybabies. next thing you know, they will say our logo is trying to copy the raven head. atleast we dont have to hire one of their assistants to help us out *cough lewis cough*

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: Well Said.

They should know that our logo is based on the US Steel Logo. We just added ers to it.

stlrtruck
06-13-2007, 09:03 AM
From what I witnessed on that site a year ago, a majority of those fans either piss and moan about everything that is going the ratbirds way or they use some form of high school profanity tirade to attempt to make a point.

I'm guessing that these same fans crying about this now missed out on the explosion of the Tampa 2 defense when the bucs were successful with it in the late 90's and early 00's. It happens, and it will continue to happen in the league as long as teams are successful at it - regardless of the coordinator that created it.

Elvis
06-13-2007, 02:45 PM
:guitar::sign02:Need I Say More?......
:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Crushzilla
06-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Wedo? Are you Steeleblackandgold?

SteelCityMan786
06-13-2007, 03:37 PM
From what I witnessed on that site a year ago, a majority of those fans either piss and moan about everything that is going the ratbirds way or they use some form of high school profanity tirade to attempt to make a point.

I'm guessing that these same fans crying about this now missed out on the explosion of the Tampa 2 defense when the bucs were successful with it in the late 90's and early 00's. It happens, and it will continue to happen in the league as long as teams are successful at it - regardless of the coordinator that created it.

One more reason I left Steeler Nation.

pEktaS
06-13-2007, 07:48 PM
what do you expect from a team that wears purple?

now thats scary if it wasnt for ray ray murdering people what would make that team scary lets be honest here ;)

tony hipchest
06-13-2007, 08:30 PM
now thats scary if it wasnt for ray ray murdering people what would make that team scary lets be honest here ;)honest? well, i do hope to never see that bart scott sack on big ben again...

ChronoCross
06-13-2007, 10:05 PM
http://www.visualsunlimited.com/images/watermarked/425/425620.jpg

tony hipchest
06-13-2007, 10:30 PM
good point. does anyone really give a

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/ratsass.jpg

about what they think?

Buzz05
06-14-2007, 05:34 AM
Point blank...Im just sick of hearing everyone of them complain how we stole their defensive scheme :blah: we are a mediocre team :blah: they are the new 'dynasty' you heard it right dynasty in the AFC North :blah: and my personal fave...anything that happened before the year 1996 is obsolete so they technically have the same amount of titles as we do :blah:

X-Terminator
06-14-2007, 07:25 AM
good point. does anyone really give a

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/ratsass.jpg

about what they think?

I don't. It's just a bunch of pathetic idiots doing a bunch of pathetic whining and pointless d*ck-waving. I just hope we beat them, and I'd love to do it in their own building, just to shut these morons up.

Seriously, has the overall IQ of the average football fan REALLY gotten this low???

memphissteelergirl
06-14-2007, 12:41 PM
*Crickets chirping in backgound* :yawn:

revefsreleets
06-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Actually, the Patriots and Cowboys have both been using "tweeners" lining up at LB and DE for years, so, technically, isn't it really the Ravens who are stealing schemes?

stlrtruck
06-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Actually, the Patriots and Cowboys have both been using "tweeners" lining up at LB and DE for years, so, technically, isn't it really the Ravens who are stealing schemes?

I'm sure their response to that wil be something to the affect of...

We came up with this on our own as you can tell it wasn't successful until the ravens used it. Therefore, the patriots and cowboys were using something completely different on defense.

Of course you'd have to throw in a lot of curse words and other non essential comments but you get the jest of it.

revefsreleets
06-14-2007, 04:07 PM
I read the complete article elsewhere here, and I think they were talking about the "1-5-5" defense where everyone looks confused and nobody gets set. Too bad, since I saw the Browns use that against the Colts in 2005 and hold them to 13 points, so I guess we are all copying the Browns.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Didn't they run the 3-4 defense as thier base for a while because the Steelers were so successful with it?

The only went back to a 4-3 base defense when Ray Lewis bitched and moaned about having to take on blockers,which meant it took him longer to pile onto a tackle to get credit for work he never did.

onthebus36
06-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Not only did we steal that defense, but we stole the whole "forward pass" concept from the 1906 Saint Louis University Blue and White.

C'mon... it's a ridiculous argument.

stlrtruck
06-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Not only did we steal that defense, but we stole the whole "forward pass" concept from the 1906 Saint Louis University Blue and White.

C'mon... it's a ridiculous argument.

Way to put into a better perspective!!!!
:thumbsup: :cheers:

mdcramer
07-13-2007, 01:46 PM
awesome

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-13-2007, 02:28 PM
The guy who started the thread is a complete idiot. How the hell did he become a moderator????:sign02:

fansince'76
07-13-2007, 02:39 PM
The guy who started the thread is a complete idiot. How the hell did he become a moderator????:sign02:

He's got a cool avatar though:

http://media.scout.com/media/avatars/AA/8C/Birdfan.jpg

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

SteelShooter
07-14-2007, 08:27 AM
Didn't they run the 3-4 defense as thier base for a while because the Steelers were so successful with it?

The only went back to a 4-3 base defense when Ray Lewis bitched and moaned about having to take on blockers,which meant it took him longer to pile onto a tackle to get credit for work he never did.

:rofl: :heha: :rofl: :heha: :rofl: :heha: :busted: LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! :busted: :heha: :rofl: :heha: :rofl: :heha: :rofl:

RoethlisBURGHer
07-14-2007, 06:46 PM
:rofl: :heha: :rofl: :heha: :rofl: :heha: :busted: LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! :busted: :heha: :rofl: :heha: :rofl: :heha: :rofl:

It's true.

Galax Steeler
07-15-2007, 07:24 AM
Nothing new just another ratbird crying.Hey tony I think they need a little cheese to go along with that whine.

Crushzilla
07-15-2007, 11:40 AM
He's got a cool avatar though:

http://media.scout.com/media/avatars/AA/8C/Birdfan.jpg

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Really screams authority...

I can't believe people used to say Joey only looked good because he was in a linebacker friendly system, when there are guys like Ray Lewis benefiting from having the ENTIRE defense doing his work for him. The only difference is that Ray Lewis gets accolades as being one of the greatest of all time and Joey gets slammed as being loudmouthed and overrated.

We should probably not consider the championship year when he had Sharper, Boulware, Woodson, Sam Adams (the lineman, not the brewer), Siragusa... to start the piles that he could jump on...

:sign06:

Who killed those people, Ray Lewis? Do don't give one million dollars to a four year old unless you actually DID kill her father. Don't try to argue its charity when you won't even let guys on your team keep their tackles.

I could go on about this guy all day, but I'm afraid I am getting :offtopic: