PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Four- Rise of the Silver Surfer

tony hipchest
06-14-2007, 08:58 PM
i cant wait to see this (i may even go to the theater)

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/353100790_4d7c76a33b.jpg

silver surfer will probably be the toughest, yet most accurate comic book character yet portrayed on film. of course using a computer instead of an actual actor helps. hard to imagine if they can pull of galactus though.

Steelerstrength
06-14-2007, 09:27 PM
I've got number 24 of the Fantastic Four! It's in perfect condition too! Needless to say, but I too, cannot wait to see this movie! I've seen the first about 10 times, and watch segments on HBO from time to time.

Favorite comic was The Mighty Thor! He was a Bad Man with a Hammer! Thor vs Hercules was a great rivalry. Odin was always pissed that Loki was startin' shit all the time.

ChronoCross
06-14-2007, 09:41 PM
i cant wait to see this (i may even go to the theater)

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/353100790_4d7c76a33b.jpg

silver surfer will probably be the toughest, yet most accurate comic book character yet portrayed on film. of course using a computer instead of an actual actor helps. hard to imagine if they can pull of galactus though.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/4972/fantto2.jpg

PisnNapalm
06-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Yeah I'm a comic geek too. I'll take the kids to go see it. Oh and Transformers too!

83-Steelers-43
06-14-2007, 10:18 PM
http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/standalone/gq/feature/031505ALBA/00001m.jpg

That's all I gotta say.....

tony hipchest
06-14-2007, 10:34 PM
That's all I gotta say.....http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/amen.jpg

i would kick my momma in the head for a chance to...

oh, im sorry, was i thinking out loud again? :chuckle:

83-Steelers-43
06-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Jessica Alba makes me go WOO! WOOOOOOOO!!!

xjjFE4ObQBA

revefsreleets
06-15-2007, 08:39 PM
I just got back from the movie. It was pretty good. For those who don't want spoilers, this is your official

SPOILER ALERT: STOP READING NOW!

The movie is mindless fun, and if you like the comic, or comics in general, and you aren't expecting Kurosawa or Fellini, this is a pretty fun flick. I had a couple problems with it, though. First, they don't ever show Galactus. All we see is some giant funnel cloud. With CGI there is no reason they couldn't have shown him battle the Silver Surfer a little on Earth. Second, there really is no battle at all. I won't get into it too much, but it's all kind of anti-climactic. Also, why on Earth would the military let Dr. Doom "test out" the Silver Surfers board? The new FF hovercraft is way hokey, too, and they somehow fly from NY to China in just a few minutes in an open air car?

SteelCzar76
06-15-2007, 08:45 PM
http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/standalone/gq/feature/031505ALBA/00001m.jpg

That's all I gotta say.....

And i think it's fair to say,....that's all that's necessary in regards to this film ? LOL

revefsreleets
06-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Oh, one more thing. The Silver Surfer is going to have his own spin-off movie.

PisnNapalm
06-16-2007, 07:15 AM
Damn! They don't even give a hint about Galactus? That SUCKS!

Perhaps I'll wait to see it on dvd.

Jeremy
06-16-2007, 08:08 AM
The Fantastic Four are probably only cooler than Aquaman when it comes to Super Heros. I mean come on, the group's coolest guy yelles "Flame On!" to trigger his super power.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-16-2007, 09:07 AM
I thought the first Fantastic Four movie sucked really bad...I watched it just for Jessica Alba....But this one looks cool with the Surfer.

Jeremy
06-16-2007, 09:31 AM
The first movie was worse then The Hulk and that movie was flat out terrible.

PisnNapalm
06-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Best comic book movie ever... X-men... any of them are excellent.

tony hipchest
06-16-2007, 06:59 PM
im not suprised they didnt show galactus. i dont think they could pull it off anyways and it would take away from the great job they did visually with the silver surfer.

all these new marvel movies try to make it as real and live action as possible. trying to show galactus could risk turning it back into a cartoon.

PisnNapalm
06-16-2007, 07:21 PM
I disagree totally. Galactus is a prime character in the Silver Surfer saga. To not show him is an injustice. However... Will he be shown in a sequel?

tony hipchest
06-16-2007, 07:52 PM
I disagree totally. Galactus is a prime character in the Silver Surfer saga. To not show him is an injustice. However... Will he be shown in a sequel?i think they would have to have the same type of production seen in the last star wars film to pull it off. maybe they are just trying to set it up for the silver surfer spin off.

spiderman is turning into a 6 movie franchise so theres definitely room in the future. thats the great thing about the marvel movies (especially for the lazy hollywood script writers), the stories and plot lines are endless and a valuable resource that has just begun to be tapped.

comics were always seen as a poor mans entertainment done by wanna be artists and writers.

boLT fan
06-16-2007, 07:56 PM
The Fantastic Four are probably only cooler than Aquaman when it comes to Super Heros. I mean come on, the group's coolest guy yelles "Flame On!" to trigger his super power.

:thumbsup:

The first movie was worse then The Hulk and that movie was flat out terrible.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

These superhero movies are just a cheap way to get money. Them and the sequels are flooding box offices. Never any original ideas anymore. :banging:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Best comic book movie ever... X-men... any of them are excellent.

I agree the X-men movies are awesome...I loved all three...the X-men were always my favorite comic....Magneto has always been my favorite character....Even though he went out like a hoe in X-men Last Stand......I was pissed when he lost his power.....:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:But I think the showing of him moving that chess piece might indicate him lossing his power was just temporary.

tony hipchest
06-16-2007, 08:10 PM
:thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

These superhero movies are just a cheap way to get money. Them and the sequels are flooding box offices. Never any original ideas anymore. :banging:really, when was the last time hollywood had original ideas?

i'd much rather see some comic heros and villains brought too life, than see "brady bunch the movie", "i dream of jeannie the movie", "american idol the movie" etc.

but there can always be too much of a good thing. the 1st batman w/ keaton, nickholson, and bassinger was revolutionary as far as bringing comics to the big screen, but they went to the well too many times. the original superman was loved by kids to grandparents alike.

some people just hate the concept of comics or superheros. other people hate westerns. to each his own. im sure j-lo will be making another weak ass chick flick soon and i can guarantee i wont be in line to see it.

PisnNapalm
06-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Magneto is getting his powers back. No doubt.

My favorite character is Wolverine. I've got nearly every issue of the comic series. He's one mean mother....

Hmmm... Lets see... Of the most recent comic movies...

Superman Returns <== ehh.... It was pretty good. I hated the maroon color of the costume though.

Spiderman 3 <== What a joke... Everybody and their mother was a weeping crybaby. sheesh. It was a chick flick for crying out loud.

Ghost Rider <== I enjoyed it alot actually. I saw it twice in the theater and just bought the dvd and watched it again.

Fantastic Four (first movie) <== ehh... s'ok. It could have been alot better. As much as I love looking at Jessica Alba, she was completely the wrong woman to play that role. Susan Storm was a blonde and older. Cameron Diaz would have been a better choice.

I will likely go see F4 tomorrow despite my earlier comment about waiting for the dvd. The kids both want to see it and I'm a sucker for comic movies, good or bad.

MACH1
06-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Spawn was pretty good for a comic book movie and so was Hell Boy.

PisnNapalm
06-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Spawn was pretty good for a comic book movie and so was Hell Boy.

I have Spawn too. That was a pretty good one though I don't know if they made Spawn a dark enough character. He has a mean streak in him.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-16-2007, 09:09 PM
I have three Spawn number 1 issues.....Any idea what value they have anymore? I havn't collected sports cards or comics in years so I don't have a idea what these are worth anymore.....

tony hipchest
06-16-2007, 09:23 PM
I have Spawn too. That was a pretty good one though I don't know if they made Spawn a dark enough character. He has a mean streak in him.spawn was definitely ahead of its time. im gonna buy ghostrider here pretty soon. i dont think i can wait for the prices to drop. nick cage was good casting and eva menendez is never hard on the eyes. spawn, and ghostrider were 2 comics i actually collected. but my favorite (of course wolverine was a close 2nd) was the punisher. especially the war journal drawn by jim lee. not only did i like the recent movie, but i liked the 1st one with dolph lundgren (it had that over the top comic book feel).

i always liked the comic "heros" who were more likely to kill somebody, unlike the nice guys such as the FF or spider man. sucks to hear the movie that introduces venom is wussified. im hoping for "carnage" to be introduced with lots of murder and hopefully the series will take on a darker tone. i doubt it though. theres too many kids into it.

i wonder if they will start the crossovers/cameos/guest appearances that became so popular in the books?

tony hipchest
06-16-2007, 09:28 PM
I have three Spawn number 1 issues.....Any idea what value they have anymore? I havn't collected sports cards or comics in years so I don't have a idea what these are worth anymore.....lol. i think i have 4. unfortunately everyone who collected them has several that are practically factory sealed so the bottom fell out of that market. i havent looked at a price guide in over 10 years, but im sure theyre not worth as much as we remember.

now that the movie is coming out, i kinda regret selling all my transformer comics for a quarter apiece. :dang:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-16-2007, 09:32 PM
very true Tony....I'm sure there is millions of those damn comics around...lol to bad for us...I would so much like to sell them for 20 grand a piece....lol I guess we just need to start stealing copies of spawn 1 and burning them.....lol to drive up the value.....lol

Black@Gold Forever32
06-16-2007, 09:34 PM
The Punisher was the shit....the recent movie was good....I havn't seen the first one with Dolph in years.....lol

tony hipchest
06-16-2007, 09:37 PM
very true Tony....I'm sure there is millions of those damn comics around...lol to bad for us...I would so much like to sell them for 20 grand a piece....lol I guess we just need to start stealing copies of spawn 1 and burning them.....lol to drive up the value.....lolhttp://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&fnu=1&xpufu=x&from=R10&satitle=spawn+comic+books&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=88310&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=3&fsoo=1

i was curious so i checked ebay. you can get tons of spawn for a penny + asked shipping. nobody is bidding on them. :jawdrop:

bummer

PisnNapalm
06-16-2007, 09:38 PM
This is truly sad....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Image-Comics-Spawn-1_W0QQitemZ180130739960QQihZ008QQcategoryZ17079QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I remember seeing them sell for $50. I worked in a comic book store for a while after college. The artwork in Spawn #1 is excellent.

EDIT:: Yes I have a Spawn #1 tucked away in a plastic bag too. Along with many other comics.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-16-2007, 09:46 PM
So this probably means my two number 1 issues of The Savage Dragon or worthless.....lolI have one copy of Spawn number 2 also.....

fansince'76
06-16-2007, 09:51 PM
I wonder what a ROM #1 is worth - I still have that from '79.

Edit: EBayed it - a whopping $2.00.

PisnNapalm
06-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Probably. Remember the whole "Death of Superman" story line? Those are worth less than kitty litter now.

http://collectibles.search.ebay.com/death-of-superman_Comics_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQcatrefZC12QQfromZ R40QQsacatZ63

Well... maybe not completely worthless. But certainly not worth what collectors had hoped.

PisnNapalm
06-16-2007, 09:54 PM
My most cherished comic is a Conan the Barbarian #1. I bought it at an auction for $40 about 10 years ago. It's in maybe 6/10 condition. It's got alot of creases but no torn pages or rips. It might still only be worth $40 but it's mine.

Better condition ones are still fetching a nice price.

http://collectibles.search.ebay.com/conan-1_Bronze-Age-1970-79_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQcatrefZC12QQcoactionZcompareQQ coentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfromZR10QQfsooZ1Q QfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsabfmtsZ1QQsacatZ12590QQs aobfmtsZinsifQQsaprchiZQQsaprcloZQQsatitleZconanQ2 0Q231

Black@Gold Forever32
06-16-2007, 09:56 PM
I had some of the Conan comics as a kid....To bad I don't have them anymore....lol

PisnNapalm
06-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Oh man.... Another one of my favorite comic characters is....

Click here (http://www.pisnnapalm.com/lobosite.gif)

:wave: I switched the text in it for use in a message to someone a long time ago.

PisnNapalm
06-16-2007, 10:06 PM
I had some of the Conan comics as a kid....To bad I don't have them anymore....lol

I even have some of my Savage Sword of Conan magazines and comic cards signed by Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell. :banana::banana::banana: I'll never sell those.

tony hipchest
06-16-2007, 10:14 PM
I even have some of my Savage Sword of Conan magazines and comic cards signed by Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell. :banana::banana::banana: I'll never sell those.lol. i have the whole set of boris vallejo cards. probably the finest fantasy artist ever. i couldnt part with the conans either. loved the comics and definitely loved the original books. check out this gem! hulk 180. 1st appearance of wolvie- ok it was only the last page teaser but still for $4.51... i gotta look if 181 is on there. http://cgi.ebay.com/Incredible-Hulk-180-Absolute-First-Wolverine_W0QQitemZ220122763881QQihZ012QQcategoryZ 33816QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

PisnNapalm
06-16-2007, 10:20 PM
Check out this cover art. It's drawn by Joe Jusko.

http://www.pisnnapalm.com/conan/Conan2a.jpg

tony hipchest
06-16-2007, 10:32 PM
jusko was excellent for the covers. i believe my favorite pen and ink of conan was done by sal buschiema (?)

reading ebay, it seems there is a new hulk movie for next year, and then finally wolverine!
the hulk 181's are getting some pretty good bids...

MACH1
06-17-2007, 01:28 AM
I have Spawn too. That was a pretty good one though I don't know if they made Spawn a dark enough character. He has a mean streak in him.

I have a few of the first McFairlane spawn figures. Thought they were kinda cool back then.

They should make a Lobo movie! :smile:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c5/52_17_CVR.PNG

ChronoCross
06-17-2007, 08:54 PM
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8395/asteelers1jv6.jpg

PisnNapalm
06-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Well I went to see this movie today. It had some decent parts, but it left alot to be desired.

I still think Alba is the wrong choice to play Susan Storm.

I give it barely 2 ** outta 5.

revefsreleets
06-18-2007, 06:09 PM
A couple other things about all this. Hellboy has a sequel in the works, and the same director who's pretty good and really critically acclaimed is directing, so that should be good. Also, anybody who knows the backstory of FF knows that Galactus can't actually be killed without collapsing the whole Marvel Universe, so, yes, he will have to be back in the Silver Surfer movie, but not in a huge role for people who think that he might be hard to pull off since he always sends a herald ahead. I wonder if they will tie in any fringe characters, like Mephisto from Ghost Rider?

I also heard they spent 130 million on this one, so they definitely have the money to pull off anything they want.

lilyoder6
06-18-2007, 06:52 PM
chrono cross where did u get that pic of alba?

Maidenarcher
06-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Well I went to see this movie today. It had some decent parts, but it left alot to be desired.

I still think Alba is the wrong choice to play Susan Storm.

I give it barely 2 ** outta 5.

I agree. This movie left a lot to be desired....
So, did Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and Spiderman 3.
At least all of the X-Men movies were pretty good.

Can't wait to see Transformers though.

PisnNapalm
06-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Transformers is one I'm going to see opening day.

lilyoder6
06-19-2007, 10:01 AM
i'm going to see that too on opening day in waterfront.. yay!

steelerssteelers
06-26-2007, 02:46 AM
Nuff said.