PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp predictions

polamalufan43
06-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Well, with training camp just around the corner, there is more talk of how Tomlin is going to work camp and the battles for positions. So, let's talk about which position battles are going to be most important, least important, and everything in between.

~PF43:tt02:

Crushzilla
06-15-2007, 12:12 PM
While the Offensive Line battle is going to be juicier than Nigel's favorite episode of "the Young and the Restless..." I, personally, have a lot of interest in our secondary battles. We have two young potential stars ready to explode onto the scene in McFadden and, especially, Smith. I just hope they prove they're up to the challenge and that Tomlin isn't afraid to play some young talent like... well... I don't need to name names...

polamalufan43
06-15-2007, 12:15 PM
While the Offensive Line battle is going to be juicier than Nigel's favorite episode of "the Young and the Restless..." I, personally, have a lot of interest in our secondary battles. We have two young potential stars ready to explode onto the scene in McFadden and, especially, Smith. I just hope they prove they're up to the challenge and that Tomlin isn't afraid to play some young talent like... well... I don't need to name names...

Smith is going to be interesting to watch grow and mature on the field. I'm pretty interested in him as well and Colon, mostly because they are young players and I'm waiting to see if they will become good players or not.

~PF43:tt02:

PisnNapalm
06-15-2007, 12:16 PM
In two of the least contested positions I predict that Dan Sepulveda will be our punter and Ben Roethlisberger will be our quarterback. :tt02:

I've never been one to follow training camp much at all. I have faith that the coaching staff will field the best players they've got.

I gotta admit though that I'm looking forward to seeing this kid Sepulveda punt for us. I do think he could be the key to some wins for us this year. Forcing the opposing team to start deep in their territory will be a big plus for us.

TackleMeBen
06-15-2007, 12:49 PM
256740In two of the least contested positions I predict that Dan Sepulveda will be our punter and Ben Roethlisberger will be our quarterback :tt02:

i was hoping to see batch win the qb starting job..lol.. :flap: just kidding there. unless ben starts to have vision of last year's play. then i will be all for batch taking over.

I've never been one to follow training camp much at all. I have faith that the coaching staff will field the best players they've got.

I gotta admit though that I'm looking forward to seeing this kid Sepulveda punt for us. I do think he could be the key to some wins for us this year. Forcing the opposing team to start deep in their territory will be a big plus for us.
[/QUOTE]

i cant wait to see this kid bring down the punt returner for the other team. :cheer:

vader29
06-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Will be interesting to see how Coach Tomlin handles playing the starters in the preseason games. I always thought they should have gotten a little more playing time each week and by the last game they should have been at least playing 3 quarters instead of one series and then the backups were in.

ShutDown24
06-17-2007, 03:40 PM
As far as the secondary goes I got it lined up like this (I think this is the most common belief as to how it should be done)

CB: McFadden

FS: Smith

SS: Polamalu

CB: Taylor

That’s how I thought it should have been last year and, while I love Cowher, I think he was just too stubborn to lean that way. I think the defensive backfield will end up this at some point during this year, hopefully sooner than later.

Last year was my first year going to training camp and I had a lot of fun the two days I was there. I can't wait to go back this year... I plan on going as much as I can.