PDA

View Full Version : US Open

pEktaS
06-15-2007, 08:10 PM
just got back a little while ago and wanted to post that ben curtis is my new 2nd fav golfer behind tiger of course because he was wearing a steelers visor :) i would post pictures but nothing is allowed there so hopefully they are online somewhere but i wanted to let u guys know ben curtis is a fan

Indy_Steelers
06-16-2007, 04:59 AM
My understanding is that he wears on for the NFL city he is golfing in.

Livinginthe past
06-16-2007, 05:04 AM

A bandwagon golfer?

Excellent!

83-Steelers-43
06-16-2007, 06:33 AM

That is true. Jim Furyk on the otherhand is a hardcore Steeler fan being born in West Chester and having Pittsburgh connections.

Jeremy
06-16-2007, 08:12 AM
Ben Curtis has a contract with the NFL much like the late Payne Stewart to wear NFL Apparal at tournaments.

83-Steelers-43
06-17-2007, 08:19 AM
We've been lucky. Great weather and while a ton of people have attended, the parking is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I've had a blast since Thursday.

Atlanta Dan
06-17-2007, 11:01 AM
We've been lucky. Great weather and while a ton of people have attended, the parking is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I've had a blast since Thursday.

Sounds great and glad you have had good weather - Have you been part of the pack of 10,000 that followed Tiger, did you park at a particular hole, or have you browsed the course?

SteelCityMan786
06-17-2007, 11:49 AM
A bandwagon golfer?

Excellent!

Never thought I'd see the day that happend.

Godfather
06-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Ben Curtis has a contract with the NFL much like the late Payne Stewart to wear NFL Apparal at tournaments.

I'd only make that deal if I could refuse to wear certain teams!

SteelCityMan786
06-17-2007, 08:57 PM
I guess Linda K on Sports Center was right. It was Tiger's To lose.

83-Steelers-43
06-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Sounds great and glad you have had good weather - Have you been part of the pack of 10,000 that followed Tiger, did you park at a particular hole, or have you browsed the course?

Every morning/afternoon we parked at Hartwood Acres, got a shuttle. Took us ten minutes to get from A to B. Not bad considering that they were maxing around 55,000 people.

First day we walked the course. Friday and Saturday we followed Tiger and Sunday we took the bleacher's at 18 (early).

tony hipchest
06-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Every morning/afternoon we parked at Hartwood Acres, got a shuttle. Took us ten minutes to get from A to B. Not bad considering that they were maxing around 55,000 people.

First day we walked the course. Friday and Saturday we followed Tiger and Sunday we took the bleacher's at 18 (early).to no suprise, the nbc announcers commented how the gallery cheers for jim furyk was the loudest they had ever heard for him. too bad his good sunday wasnt enough.

i did get a kick of cabrera puffing down cigs in between shots though. :smoker:

83-Steelers-43
06-17-2007, 11:32 PM
to no suprise, the nbc announcers commented how the gallery cheers for jim furyk was the loudest they had ever heard for him. too bad his good sunday wasnt enough.

We were pulling for Furyk. He blew it on 17. Instead of going iron he went driver. Big mistake. 17 screwed him.

Eitherway, great tournament. The hardest tournament which made it the greatest in my opinion. Great weather and great atmosphere in general. Oakmont did it up good.

memphissteelergirl
06-18-2007, 08:56 AM
I watched the final round all day Sunday. Man! If Oakmont is that tough for the best golfers in the world I can only imagine how it is for us mere mortals!

The one I really feel sorry for is Baddely-that triple bogey on the 1st pretty much cooked him.

83-Steelers-43
06-18-2007, 10:26 AM
If Oakmont is that tough for the best golfers in the world I can only imagine how it is for us mere mortals!

The one I really feel sorry for is Baddely-that triple bogey on the 1st pretty much cooked him.

It is that tough. The greens are like marble. I liked how Poulter sported the B&G on Saturday. That was pretty cool coming from a guy who's from England. I could understand guy's like Furyk and Curtis sporting the B&G.

How about Tiger renting out an Oakmont home/mansion? He completely reburbished the whole house. Brought in his own furniture and completely recarpted the whole house. That's how you know you have too much money...lol.