PDA

View Full Version : my depth chart

19ward86
06-16-2007, 01:27 PM
OFFENSE

QB: Ben Roethlisberger,Charlie Batch, Bryan Randall

RB: Willie Parker, Keven Barlow, Verron Haynes,Najeh Davenport

FB: Dan Kreider, John Kuhn(play RB and FB)

WR:Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Nate Washington, Cedric Wilson, Willie Reid, Dallas Baker

TE: Heath Miller, Jerame(pronounced Jeremy)Tuman, Matt Spaeth

LT: Marvel Smith, Trai Essex

LG: Max "too slow to be a tackle" Starx, Cameron Stephenson

C: Sean Mahan, Marvin Phillup

RG: Chris Kemoeatu, Kendall Simmons

RT: Willie Colon, Chukki Okobi (kind of a stretch of positions i know)

DEFENCE

LDE: Aaron Smith, Ryan McBean

DT: Casey Hampton, Chris Hoke

RDE: Brett Keisel, Travis Kirschke,

LOLB: Clark Haggons, Lamarr Woodley

MLB: James Farrior, Larry Foote, Clint Kreiwalt

ROLB: Lawrence Timmons, James Harrison

CB: Ike Taylor, Bryan McFadden, Deshea Townshend, Ricardo Colclough(i know), William Gay

SS: Troy Polamalu, Mike Logan(old but reliable)

FS:Anthony Smith, Ryan Clark

SPECIAL TEAMS

KICKER: Jeff Reed

PUNTER: Daniel Sepulveda

KR: Willie Reid, Nejah Davenport, John Kuhn, Santonio Holmes(starting so not KR)

PR: Wilie Reid, Nejah Davenport, Cedric Wilson

Long Snapper: Greg Warren

53 Players

The Duke
06-16-2007, 01:59 PM
I like it, except for the o line, but that's the most complicated spot we got right now so... And running back and fullback is exactly what I'm hoping for, just hope it's possible because six players is a lot

verks36
06-16-2007, 02:03 PM
The only thing i dont like is Timmons starting over harrison i think right now harrison is a more complete player and has been in leabeau's system longer

Mistah_Q
06-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Here's mine:

QB Ben Roethlisberger
QB Charlie Batch
QB Brian St. Pierre

RB Willie Parker
RB Najeh Davenport
RB Kevan Barlow
RB/FB Gary Russell
FB Dan Kreider

WR Hines Ward
WR Santonio Holmes
WR Nate Washington
WR Willie Reid
WR Dallas Baker
WR Rasheed Marshall

TE Earl Miller
TE Matt Spaeth
TE Jerame Tuman

LT Marvel Smith
LT Trai Essex
LG Alan Faneca
LG Cameron Stephenson
C Sean Mahan
C Marvin Philip
RG Kendall Simmons
RG Chris Kemoeatu
RT Max Starks
RT Willie Colon

K Jeff Reed
P Daniel Sepulveda
LS Greg Warren

LDE Aaron Smith
LDE Ryan McBean
NT Casey Hampton
DT Chris Hoke
RDE Brett Keisel
RDE Shaun Nua

LOLB Clark Haggans
LOLB LaMarr Woodley
LILB James Farrior
LILB Rian Wallace
RILB Lawrence Timmons
RILB Larry Foote
ROLB James Harrison
ROLB Clint Kriewaldt

FS Anthony Smith
FS Ryan Clark
SS Troy Polamalu
SS Tyrone Carter

LCB Ike Taylor
LCB William Gay
RCB Bryant McFadden
RCB Deshea Townsend
RCB Chidi Iwuoma

RoethlisBURGHer
06-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Here is mine,in paranthesis is positions they could also play in an emergency,but they will be listed under thier primary position for this season..

OFFENSE

QB
Ben Roethlisberger
Charlie Batch

RB
Willie Parker
Najeh Davenport
Kevin Barlow

FB
Dan Kreider
Verron Haynes
John Kuhn

WR
Hines Ward
Santonio Holmes
Nate Washington
Cedric Wilson
Willie Ried (PR)
Dallas Baker

TE
Heath Miller
Jerame Tuman
Matt Spaeth

RT
Max Starks
Willie Colon (LT)

RG
Kendall Simmons
Chris Kemoeatu (LG)

OC
Sean Mahan (RG/LG)
Chukki Okobi
Marvin Phillip

LG
Alan Faneca
Cameron Stephenson

LT
Marvel Smith
Trai Essex

DEFENSE

RDE
Brett Keisel
Shuan Nua

DT
Casey Hampton
Chris Hoke

LDE
Aaron Smith
Ryan McBean

ROLB
James Harrison
Lawrence Timmons

ILB
James Farrior
Larry Foote
Ryan Wallace
Arnold Harrison

LOLB
Cark Haggans
Lamarr Woodley

FS
Anothony Smith
Ryan Clark
Tyrone Carter

SS
Troy Polamalu
Mike Logan

LCB
Ike Taylor
Ricardo Coclough
Grany Mason

RCB
Bryant McFadden
Deshea Townsend
Chidi Iwioma

Livinginthe past
06-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Not much love for Okobi so far.

Anyone think he won't start the 1st game?

steelpinstripe72
06-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Nobosy seems like Okobi very much.

Anyone think he won't start the 1st game?

I don't really have any reason to think he won't start the first game. Unless Mahan or Philip show something Okobi hasn't. Okobi has taken snaps at center during games (I think he's started, too, but don't quote me on that; I'll have to look it up somewhere), and I don't think anything catastrophic has happened. So if I had to pick a starter at center right now, I'd take Okobi.

ShutDown24
06-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Not much love for Verron either... I would most definatley have Verron above Davenport, most of you don't even have him on the roster when in reality he is one of the best third down backs in the league.

tony hipchest
06-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Not much love for Verron either... I would most definatley have Verron above Davenport, most of you don't even have him on the roster when in reality he is one of the best third down backs in the league.
"most of you"? i only saw 3 lists and 2 had verron :hunch: carter and st pierre were just signed so i dont see why we would dump them. logan cant beat out carter, and i think i only saw 1 list with a longsnapper. i dont think any of these guys along with okolbi or wallace get cut cause we are fine with the cap. now if someone better from another team gets cut, things can change...

ShutDown24
06-16-2007, 08:12 PM
"most of you"? i only saw 3 lists and 2 had verron :hunch: carter and st pierre were just signed so i dont see why we would dump them. logan cant beat out carter, and i think i only saw 1 list with a longsnapper. i dont think any of these guys along with okolbi or wallace get cut cause we are fine with the cap. now if someone better from another team gets cut, things can change...\

Ah ok, I didn't see him placed under fullback on RoethlisBURGHers list... Since he is considered a half back by most now I didn't think of it... Thanks for pointing that out.

Mistah_Q
06-16-2007, 09:24 PM
I didn't include Okobi because I think if someone else wins the starting job at C, Okobi and his salary are gone.

On my list you can replace Russell with Verron if you like. But it's a pipe dream of mine that Russell shows enough of his old form to stick around. It's true that they just brought Haynes back, but that's because they told him they would, if he passed the physical. He still has to make the team, and the problem is that we have a weird RB situation. We really need a #1 guy, a #2 guy, a #3 versatile 3rd down guy, a fullback, and a backup. We have the #1 in Parker, the #3 in either Davenport or Haynes, the fullback in Kreider, and plenty to pick from for the Backup. But we have no "#2" component. If Barlow (or Russell or Mosley) show they can be that "#2" then I think Davenport can send Haynes packing. If not, then yeah, keep Haynes, and Barlow is the backup, I guess.

I'm also hoping Rasheed Marshall can beat out Ced Wilson to grab the final WR spot. I think Marshall won't ever be great, but neither will Wilson, and he shows promise, and can be effective on special teams too.

Livinginthe past
06-17-2007, 05:13 AM
I didn't include Okobi because I think if someone else wins the starting job at C, Okobi and his salary are gone.

On my list you can replace Russell with Verron if you like. But it's a pipe dream of mine that Russell shows enough of his old form to stick around. It's true that they just brought Haynes back, but that's because they told him they would, if he passed the physical. He still has to make the team, and the problem is that we have a weird RB situation. We really need a #1 guy, a #2 guy, a #3 versatile 3rd down guy, a fullback, and a backup. We have the #1 in Parker, the #3 in either Davenport or Haynes, the fullback in Kreider, and plenty to pick from for the Backup. But we have no "#2" component. If Barlow (or Russell or Mosley) show they can be that "#2" then I think Davenport can send Haynes packing. If not, then yeah, keep Haynes, and Barlow is the backup, I guess.

I'm also hoping Rasheed Marshall can beat out Ced Wilson to grab the final WR spot. I think Marshall won't ever be great, but neither will Wilson, and he shows promise, and can be effective on special teams too.

Verron shares alot of characteristics with Kevin Faulk over at the Patriots - does alot of important unheralded work, good blocker and key 3rd down converter.

He's never going to be fashionable but the coaches love him.

I think Pittsburgh require a #1 guy (Parker), #2 guy (Davenport/Barlow) and #3 (Haynes) and the FB (Kreider).

Parker will probably have goalline duties taken away from him (Barlow probably takes those) but I don't think there needs to be a genuine 'share-the-load' type guy in the #2 slot.

Just someone who can spell Willie when required.

I posted a theory awhile back that I thought the genuine #2 RB was a short term fad and not sustainable - its very difficult salary and ego wise to keep two of those guys on the roster.

Pasquerelli on ESPN then posted pretty much the same thing a short while after that.

I dont think there is a real need for another backup #4 - especially if the Steelers are going to show us more spread formations this year.

At this stage of the year the rooks always have great stock value with the fans and often push starters out of their starting line-ups (but not in the coaches mind)

Galax Steeler
06-17-2007, 07:28 AM
I would love to see russell make the team but it will be hard to do with what we have.

Indy_Steelers
06-17-2007, 08:53 AM
The only thing i don't like is Timmons starting over Harrison i think right now Harrison is a more complete player and has been in leabeau's system longer

I agree. It is Harrison's job to lose.

I don't really have any reason to think he won't start the first game. Unless Mahan or Philip show something Okobi hasn't. Okobi has taken snaps at center during games (I think he's started, too, but don't quote me on that; I'll have to look it up somewhere), and I don't think anything catastrophic has happened. So if I had to pick a starter at center right now, I'd take Okobi.

I agrre here too. Same reason as above.

Mistah_Q
06-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Verron shares alot of characteristics with Kevin Faulk over at the Patriots - does alot of important unheralded work, good blocker and key 3rd down converter. He's never going to be fashionable but the coaches love him.
Right you are about Haynes, but I just have a feeling that he's sharing that same kind of role with Davenport now, and I don't know if we need both. But God forbid should something happen to Parker, I'd feel much better about Dookie stepping in than Haynes. That said, I'm almost certain Haynes will also make the roster. As I said, the Russell thing was a pipe dream, about as likely as a blizzard in Guatemala.

I guess the biggest concern is whether or not Parker *can* be a full-time feature back. I guess I don't see why not, he's the same size physically as Julius Jones, Reggie Bush, and bigger than Brian Westbrook or Warrick Dunn. The biggest stigma is that Pittsburgh is so used to the "3 yards and a cloud of dust" bashem smashem type runner, and Parker would have a short career if we tried to use him like that. If they honestly are going to a more spread out type game, then I'm a lot more comfortable.

New coaches all 'round, and an apparent end to the veteran love affair days. . there'll be a lot of speculation and questions. Seems like we have potential to be stunningly solid (everywhere but O-line. . ), and there's also potential for it to all fall apart. Nothing between 5-11 and 11-5 would surprise me this season.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Ok why would Barlow replace Willie has the goalline RB? Willie only had 13 rushing TDs last year....lol I think Parker proved he can punch it in last year.....Not all of his TD runs were long runs.....So no nobody is going to replace Willie Parker as the goalline RB....Plus Barlow probably won't even make the team....lol He hurt his ankle during mini camp proving he is as soft as ever.....I think Dookie will be the maink backup and be the one to spell Willie at times...

As for Verron Haynes....True he does alot of the litte but important things very well...But the guy is soft as well..Three season ending injuries in five seasons proves that...I'm sure Haynes will get hurt again....lol I hope Gary Russell shows something since he was a very productive college RB...I'm not expecting him to be great...Just enough to maybe fit into the RB rotation would be nice.....

ChronoCross
06-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Its period a guessing game for all of us right now anyways. The O Line is the biggest puzzle of them all for us right now and all we can do is set and wait and see who will be the C, RG, RT after its all said and done I kinda hope its C-Okobi, RG-Mahan, RT-Colon.

Parker has shown he can be the guy. He knows his weakness and what he has to improve on and he has improve each year since he has been on the team.

Daven and Haynes- Daven will give parker rest while haynes will keep up his 3rd down duties. If Haynes cannot stay healthy this season then I do not see him on the team next season. I like Haynes but he has to show he can be more durable. As for this sorry Barlow pickup who cannot outrun a grandma right now, I do not see him making the team. I am pretty sure one of the young guns will beat him out for a roster spot.

Defense is pretty set. A little fine grooming and maybe a switch here are there during training camp depending on outcome of the battles for position.

steelersfanman92
06-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Why Tuman over Spaeth?

Livinginthe past
06-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Ok why would Barlow replace Willie has the goalline RB? Willie only had 13 rushing TDs last year....lol I think Parker proved he can punch it in last year.....Not all of his TD runs were long runs.....So no nobody is going to replace Willie Parker as the goalline RB....Plus Barlow probably won't even make the team....lol He hurt his ankle during mini camp proving he is as soft as ever.....I think Dookie will be the maink backup and be the one to spell Willie at times...

As for Verron Haynes....True he does alot of the litte but important things very well...But the guy is soft as well..Three season ending injuries in five seasons proves that...I'm sure Haynes will get hurt again....lol I hope Gary Russell shows something since he was a very productive college RB...I'm not expecting him to be great...Just enough to maybe fit into the RB rotation would be nice.....

My own opinion?

I think RBs take an awful lot of punishment for the sake of a yard or two at the goal-line - think of all those big defensive bodies designed to lay a hit on a RB!

Sure Willie could run it in. But if Barlow could prove capable of doing a similar job then I think it would help keep Willie's mileage to a minimum (and fitter for a big run later in the game/season).

It doiesn't have to be Barlow - if Davenpoop could get the job done then its all good.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-17-2007, 07:14 PM
My own opinion?

I think RBs take an awful lot of punishment for the sake of a yard or two at the goal-line - think of all those big defensive bodies designed to lay a hit on a RB!

Sure Willie could run it in. But if Barlow could prove capable of doing a similar job then I think it would help keep Willie's mileage to a minimum (and fitter for a big run later in the game/season).

It doiesn't have to be Barlow - if Davenpoop could get the job done then its all good.

I just don't see a RB just being on the roster for just being a goalline RB.....Whoever wins the backup running back job will spell Parker at times throughout the game to keep Willie Parker fresh during the season....I'm just tired of hearing the knocks on Willie Parker....Not saying you're knocking him Nigel......But it seems some Steelers fans are never happy with Willie Parker...The guy set a franchise record for TDs in a single season with 16.....So he has proven he can get it done in the redzone....

I don't see Barlow making this team especially since he hurt his ankle during mini camp. I would expect Verron Haynes to make the team but he will be hurt again...I think Davenport if he can pickup the blitz better then he will be the third down RB and also serve as the backup to spell Willie Parker. The darkhorse in this race is Gary Russell....Yes he is dumber then a box of rocks but he was a badass at Minnesota....I just hope he shows enough to maybe fit into the RB rotation....

drew102e
06-17-2007, 10:40 PM
WR is gonna be difficult, as is Oline...

The Duke
06-18-2007, 04:24 PM
I just don't see a RB just being on the roster for just being a goalline RB.....Whoever wins the backup running back job will spell Parker at times throughout the game to keep Willie Parker fresh during the season....I'm just tired of hearing the knocks on Willie Parker....Not saying you're knocking him Nigel......But it seems some Steelers fans are never happy with Willie Parker...The guy set a franchise record for TDs in a single season with 16.....So he has proven he can get it done in the redzone....

I don't see Barlow making this team especially since he hurt his ankle during mini camp. I would expect Verron Haynes to make the team but he will be hurt again...I think Davenport if he can pickup the blitz better then he will be the third down RB and also serve as the backup to spell Willie Parker. The darkhorse in this race is Gary Russell....Yes he is dumber then a box of rocks but he was a badass at Minnesota....I just hope he shows enough to maybe fit into the RB rotation....

I agree with you, Willie is the guy, our runningback, as much as it's good Barlow is finally on his dream team I don't think he'll make the team, we only need a strong guy that can take the load off Willie a little, and davenport says he feels better with the team now, so I expect for him to be the guy to help Willie.

polamalu3000
06-24-2007, 03:11 PM
yeah i agree with verron i like him more than davenport he has been with the steelers longer and is a great 3rd down back. but i think barlow will get a lot of carries also and davenport may not get that many because i think barlow will start before davenport.

SteelCityMan786
06-24-2007, 03:16 PM
WR is gonna be difficult, as is Oline...

Yeah especially after last year. That's where I think most of the attention will be.

steelpride12
06-24-2007, 04:39 PM
i like anthony smith alot and i kno will be a great starter soon but i think Ryan Clark gets the start at least in the beginning of the season.

SteelCzar76
06-24-2007, 07:44 PM
OFFENSE

QB: Ben Roethlisberger,Charlie Batch, Bryan Randall

RB: Willie Parker, Keven Barlow, Verron Haynes,Najeh Davenport

FB: Dan Kreider, John Kuhn(play RB and FB)

WR:Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Nate Washington, Cedric Wilson, Willie Reid, Dallas Baker

TE: Heath Miller, Jerame(pronounced Jeremy)Tuman, Matt Spaeth

LT: Marvel Smith, Trai Essex

LG: Max "too slow to be a tackle" Starx, Cameron Stephenson

C: Sean Mahan, Marvin Phillup

RG: Chris Kemoeatu, Kendall Simmons

RT: Willie Colon, Chukki Okobi (kind of a stretch of positions i know)

DEFENCE

LDE: Aaron Smith, Ryan McBean

DT: Casey Hampton, Chris Hoke

RDE: Brett Keisel, Travis Kirschke,

LOLB: Clark Haggons, Lamarr Woodley

MLB: James Farrior, Larry Foote, Clint Kreiwalt

ROLB: Lawrence Timmons, James Harrison

CB: Ike Taylor, Bryan McFadden, Deshea Townshend, Ricardo Colclough(i know), William Gay

SS: Troy Polamalu, Mike Logan(old but reliable)

FS:Anthony Smith, Ryan Clark

SPECIAL TEAMS

KICKER: Jeff Reed

PUNTER: Daniel Sepulveda

KR: Willie Reid, Nejah Davenport, John Kuhn, Santonio Holmes(starting so not KR)

PR: Wilie Reid, Nejah Davenport, Cedric Wilson

Long Snapper: Greg Warren

53 Players

I could 'see' it for the most part Ward. I do think Barlow might very well surprise many with how effective he will be. As playing for us might bring about an upgrade in toughness on his part. (At least from a mental standpoint)

However,...i feel Dallas Baker will render Ced's services (or should i say lack thereof) no longer neccessary. In short,.... he (Wilson) won't make it out of the preseason. IMO

I also don't see Timmons beating out Harrison at the OLB spot. Even if he (Silverback) were to go down to injury,.....i think Woodley will most likely be the one to take over. As i've mentioned since before the Draft,.....i'm nowhere near being sold on the "Timmons Project". But for the sake of sparing the rod on a dead horse,..i won't go into details again. LOL

And as already mentioned the O-line is the greatest 'unknown' at this point. But i project Mahan at Guard and Okobi at center. Though Marvin is solid IMO,...he's still a little 'raw' as well as being slightly undersized.

SteelCityMan786
06-24-2007, 07:46 PM
i like anthony smith alot and i kno will be a great starter soon but i think Ryan Clark gets the start at least in the beginning of the season.

Yeah I think Clark is going to start in the PRE-SEASON games but, as for the regular season(depends).

The Duke
06-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Yeah I think Clark is going to start in the PRE-SEASON games but, as for the regular season(depends).

That would be perfect, still anthony has to play some in pre season, but when the season starts clark will be the backup of one of the greatest free safeties in the league.

SteelCityMan786
06-24-2007, 08:34 PM
That would be perfect, still anthony has to play some in pre season, but when the season starts clark will be the backup of one of the greatest free safeties in the league.

Not to mention if Smith goes down, they'll have a great back up ready.

The Duke
06-24-2007, 08:36 PM

Exactly :helmet:

steelpride12
06-24-2007, 09:24 PM

GREAT POINT!:thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
06-24-2007, 10:08 PM
GREAT POINT!:thumbsup:

I come up with a lot of them.

06-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Here is my depth chart, more of what I would like to see happen, not necessarily what I think will happen.

QB
Roethlisberger
Batch...Start the season with two QBs on the roster. If there is an injury situation we could have BSP or Randall waiting on the PS.

RB
Parker
Davenport
Haynes
Russell...I hope Russell will eventually = Marion Barber. I do not have any faith in Barlow.

FB
Krieder

WR
Ward
Holmes
Wilson
Washington
Baker
Reed...This guy needs to get healthy, or he might be in jeopardy of loosing his spot on the roster.

TE
Miller
Tuman
Spaeth

RT
Starks
Colon

RG
Simmons
Kemoeatu

C
Okobi
Phillip

LG
Faneca
Mahan...At the end of the day, I think Okobi wins the center job, and either Phillip or C. Stephenson go to the practice squad.

LT
M. Smith
Essex

LDE
A. Smith
McBean

NT
Hampton
Hoke

RDE
Keisel
Kirschke

LOLB
Haggens
Woodley

LILB
Farrior
Kriewaldt

RILB
Foote
Wallace

ROLB
Harrison
Timmons

LCB
McFadden
Townsend
Iwuoma

RCB
Taylor
Coclough
Jovan Johnson... Hometown product, really hope he is able to make the team. Can not be any worse in coverage, or ST than Coclough, IMO.

SS
Polamalu
Carter

FS
A. Smith
Clark

K
Reed

P
Sepulveda

LS
Warren

Mistah_Q
08-15-2007, 01:15 AM
My current update:

QB Ben Roethlisberger
QB Charlie Batch
QB Brian St. Pierre

RB Willie Parker
RB Najeh Davenport
RB Gary Russell
FB Carey Davis
RB/FB Verron Haynes

WR Hines Ward
WR Santonio Holmes
WR Cedrick Wilson
WR Willie Reid
WR Walter Young
WR Nate Washington

TE Heath Miller
TE Matt Spaeth
TE Jerame Tuman

LT Marvel Smith
LT Jason Capizzi
LG Alan Faneca
LG Trai Essex
C Sean Mahan
C Marvin Philip
RG Kendall Simmons
RG Chris Kemoeatu
RT Willie Colon
RT Max Starks

K Jeff Reed
P Daniel Sepulveda
LS Greg Warren

LDE Aaron Smith
LDE Ryan McBean
NT Casey Hampton
DT Chris Hoke
RDE Brett Keisel
RDE Nick Eason

LOLB Clark Haggans
LOLB LaMarr Woodley
LILB James Farrior
LILB Clint Kriewaldt
RILB Larry Foote
RILB Lawrence Timmons
ROLB James Harrison
ROLB Arnold Harrison

FS Anthony Smith
FS Ryan Clark
SS Troy Polamalu
SS Tyrone Carter

LCB Ike Taylor
LCB William Gay
RCB Bryant McFadden
RCB Deshea Townsend
RCB Chidi Iwuoma

PRACTICE SQUAD
WR Dallas Baker
OG Cameron Stephenson
LB Ronald Stanley
K Connor Hughes
TE Jon Dekker
DT Scott Paxson
CB Anthony Madison
DE Shaun Nua

Notes:
RBs: With Davis showing he can do a good job blocking, as much as I like Kreider, Davis can replace him and his salary. Kreider's 5 carries and 8 receptions a year will hardly be missed with Davis around. Haynes is the kind of guy you love to have, jack of all, master of none, but gives all he has to do whatever he's asked, and is useful in certain situations. Russell has shown too much of what we've been sorely missing to let him go.

WRs: I'm glad Wilson has stepped up. Don't love his salary but oh well. Young moved up in my eyes, Washington could be the #3 receiver but because of drops is still on the bubble. Baker hungry to get in but hasn't had much chance to challenge for a spot. I hate to see Baker relegated to the practice squad because I like him, but we actually have a nice chunk of talent that's ready to play. He will be useful in the future.

OL: Okobi should be there instead of Philip but I'm holding off because of the injury situation. Essex actually didn't look bad at all at guard, and Capizzi has a heap of raw potential but needs a lot of work on technique -- probably too much work to make most teams but who do we really have that's better, his talent and strength puts him on the team and he should pay off down the road. Starks has looked bad enough that Colon may get the starting RT job without necessarily earning it.

DL: McBean makes it because the team sorely needs more youth at DE, and though he hasn't wowed, he's no worse than Kirschke. Eason and Nua are running neck-and-neck for the spot I gave Eason. Nua's the one still eligible for the practice squad, and Eason has shown some nice awareness.

LBs: A. Harrison or Wallace? Tough call. Wallace was supposed to be up and coming but hasn't been impressing. Harrison has been all over the field with some good awareness.

CBs: It's do or die time for Colclough, but for now Chidi and Gay have the edge. He has looked better than times past, however. Gay has been a nice surprise. Madison earned himself a trip to the practice squad.

In the event that we go with 2 QBs (which I'm wary of not so much because love St. Pierre but because there's nobody worthy of calling up from the practice squad) then I'd make it seven WRs so Baker can make the team. If they're running a wide offense anyways it can't hurt to have the extra WR. Plus if Nate, Ced or Walt are stinking in up you can just put in Baker without all the PS finagling. In that case throw WR Dan Sheldon on the Practice Squad. If we hang onto Kreider then I want the RBs to be Parker, Russell, Davenport, FB Kreider, Davis.

Welcome To Smashmouth
08-15-2007, 04:12 AM
I like a lot of these depth charts, but my biggest issue is drafting TWO OLBs right off the bat this year, and keeping them both on the bench.....me no comprendo

OFFENSE

QBBen Roethlisberger
Charlie Batch
Bryan Randall

RB
Willie Parker
Najeh Davenport
Carey Davis

FB
Dan Kreider
Verron Haynes

WR
Hines Ward
Santonio Holmes
Nate Washington
Cedric Wilson
Willie Ried (PR)
Dallas Baker

TE
Heath Miller
Matt Spaeth
Jerame Tuman

RT
Willie Colon
Max Starks

RG
Kendall Simmons
Chris Kemoeatu

OC
Sean Mahan (RG/LG)
Chukki Okobi
Marvin Phillip

LG
Alan Faneca
Cameron Stephenson

LT
Marvel Smith
Trai Essex

DEFENSE

RDE
Brett Keisel
Travis Kirchke

DT
Casey Hampton
Chris Hoke

LDE
Aaron Smith
Ryan McBean

ROLB
James Harrison
Lawrence Timmons

ILB
James Farrior
Larry Foote
Ryan Wallace

LOLB
Lamarr Woodley
Cark Haggans

FS
Anothony Smith
Ryan Clark
Tyrone Carter

SS
Troy Polamalu
Mike Logan

CB
Ike Taylor
Bryant McFadden
Deshea Townsend
William Gay
Ricardo Colclough
Anthony Madison

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-15-2007, 11:53 AM
SS
Troy Polamalu
Mike Logan

Mike Logan is no longer on the roster.

Jman
08-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Mike Logan is no longer on the roster.

It was a foregone conclusion :helmet:

Mistah_Q
08-15-2007, 01:42 PM
I like a lot of these depth charts, but my biggest issue is drafting TWO OLBs right off the bat this year, and keeping them both on the bench.....me no comprendo
I would have a problem with keeping Haynes, Stephenson, and Madison over Russell.

DACEB
08-15-2007, 01:54 PM
QB Ben Roethlisberger
QB Charlie Batch
QB Brian St. Pierre (stays on, but won't be on gameday roster)

RB Willie Parker
RB Najeh Davenport (Dookie stays on because of experience)
RB Gary Russell (both Russell and Davis have performed well
FB Carey Davis at their position and on special teams)
FB Dan Kreider (I think Kreider is on the bubble, it all depends on Davis)
5 is one to many but if Russell and Davis prove themselves Dookie and Kreider are gone

WR Hines Ward
WR Santonio Holmes
WR Cedrick Wilson
WR Willie Reid (we all hope he is the returner we've been waiting for)
WR Walter Young (size + performance = spot on roster)
WR Nate Washington (just catch the ball and you have a spot)

TE Heath Miller
TE Matt Spaeth
TE Jerame Tuman

LT Marvel Smith
LT Trai Essex (experience keeps him around)
LG Alan Faneca
LG Cameron Stephenson (could be another tackle here instead)
C Sean Mahan (only one center you ask, Simmons and Stephenson can fill in if needed)
RG Kendall Simmons
RG Chris Kemoeatu
RT Willie Colon
RT Max Starks
I know that's only 9 but we kept 5 RB/FB

K Jeff Reed
P Daniel Sepulveda
LS Greg Warren (he's been reliable but this is a valuable roster spot)

LDE Aaron Smith
DL Scott Paxson (could very well be McBean)
NT Casey Hampton
DT Chris Hoke
RDE Brett Keisel
RDE Nick Eason

LOLB Clark Haggans
LOLB LaMarr Woodley
LILB James Farrior
LILB Rian Wallace (youth wins out)
RILB Larry Foote
LB Lawrence Timmons
ROLB James Harrison
LB Arnold Harrison (could be Kriewaldt, but again youth wins out)

FS Anthony Smith
FS Ryan Clark
SS Troy Polamalu
SS Tyrone Carter (the number of safeties could be cut to 3 with Townsend as a backup S)

LCB Ike Taylor
LCB Ricardo Colclough (can't just let him go yet)
LCB William Gay (seems like he's a keeper)
RCB Bryant McFadden
RCB Deshea Townsend
RCB Chidi Iwuoma (depth and special teams)