PDA

View Full Version : Another Bengal Busted?

Livinginthe past
06-17-2007, 11:13 PM
I'd say the circumstantial evidence looks pretty damning, but its unconfirmed as yet.....

ANOTHER BENGAL IS BUSTED?

On the same day that Packers linebacker Nick Barnett re-set the "days without an arrest" meter from 27 to zero, it appears that another NFL player has been arrested.

And this one is a member -- surprise, surprise -- of the Cincinnati Bengals.

A reader forwarded to us a link to the West Virginia Regional Jail Authority's facility-by-facility database of new admissions. And, on June 17, at 6:50 a.m. EDT, a man named Quincy Wilson, with a date of birth of April 26, 1981, was admitted to the Western Regional Jail.

The Bengals have a running back named Quincy Wilson, who is from Weirton, West Virginia and who played at West Virginia University. He was born on April 26, 1981.

We're in the process of tapping some our of local law enforcement sources for more details. Stsy tuned.

If the Quincy Wilson who was arrested is the same Quincy Wilson who plays for the Bengals (and unless there are two guys with the same name born on the same day who have reason to be in West Virginia, it likely is the same guy), it's another embarrassment for the Bengals -- and for the Mountaineers.

tony hipchest
06-17-2007, 11:18 PM
i cant wait for the excuse that "he wasnt a serious roster addition and wasnt gonna make the team anyways"

another gold star for the bungles weak assed, 1 man scouting department.

suckers.

SteelCityMan786
06-17-2007, 11:21 PM
WOW! Way to be a "disciplinarian" Marvin.

ChronoCross
06-17-2007, 11:25 PM
its the 1 for 1 rule. 1 nfl arrest around the league per 1 arrest by any bengal.

Preacher
06-17-2007, 11:36 PM
:yawn:

sad when it is not even news anymore.

CantStop85
06-18-2007, 12:03 AM
**** the police.

Man, why couldn't he get arrested AFTER he gets cut from the roster?

MACH1
06-18-2007, 12:30 AM
**** the police.

:toofunny:

He didn't want to be the odd man out. :sofunny:

ChronoCross
06-18-2007, 02:22 AM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f79/ChronoCrossUT/bengals1.jpg

Preacher
06-18-2007, 04:15 AM
**** the police.

CS85...

I am going to say the same to you I said to S&B...

The problems isn't the players... it is the leadership itself, the ownership. If the ownership stepped up and told Lewis... You have 1 month to straighten this ship, or your gone, it would be done. What you need is new owners/management. If the coach won't step up, then a new coach as well. The players will rise or fall to the level of expectation put upon them, in all aspects of their sport.

What is really sad, is that Cincy is wasting the best years of a number of thier players in mediocrity because they can't get the discipline right.

I will bet that if had a discipline minded owner and a discipline minded coach, the Bengals would have found themselves in teh playoffs the last three years... instead of only once.

stillers4me
06-18-2007, 06:20 AM
Nothing in the Cincinnati Enquirer this morning........tick, tock....tick, tock.....

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-18-2007, 07:31 AM
I tried a google search on "another bengal arrested"..........didn't feel like going through all 590,000 hits.

onthebus36
06-18-2007, 09:48 AM
They waived three guys on Thursday:

"June 14: Waived TE Gregg Guenther, RB Terrence Whitehead and C Ben Wilkerson."

According to the website, Quincy Wilson is still on the roster.

polamalufan43
06-18-2007, 10:09 AM
:coffee: Man, they couldn't wait till training camp to start the jail time....

I'm beginning to think they have a list in their locker room saying names and dates of when they are to be arrested..
..but hey, I'll give 'em credit for going this long...

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

onthebus36
06-18-2007, 11:28 AM
:coffee: Man, they couldn't wait till training camp to start the jail time....

I'm beginning to think they have a list in their locker room saying names and dates of when they are to be arrested..
..but hey, I'll give 'em credit for going this long...

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Seriously! Most teams just have to deal with injuries and contract disputes. How do you make a roster when so many guys have court and potential jail pending?

Livinginthe past
06-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Look like another member of the 'Dirty Division' AFCN has got themselves in trouble - that makes two more (including the Bengals RB).#

BROWNS RECEIVER CAPS WEEKEND ARREST TRIFECTA

As the saying goes, "When it rains, it comes down really hard." Or something.

After nearly a full month of peace and quiet on the NFL police blotter, three players were arrested over the weekend for various types of alleged misconduct, most of which likely resulted from an extended visit with the Reverend Al K. Hall.

Packers linebacker Nick Barnett and (as reported first right here on Sunday night -- and we want our damn gold star for it) Bengals running back Quincy Wilson were busted for disorderly conduct in separate incidents on Sunday morning.

Wilson's arrest occurred after a post-wedding visit to a nightclub in Cabell County, West Virginia, during which Wilson, the groom, the bride, and three other persons were busted. (Another report indicates that a total of 13 people were arrested.)

Police claim that the group failed to leave the area outside the club after authorities ordered them to disperse. Family members allege that the arrest was racially motivated because the groom and the other members of the wedding party are black, and the bride is white.

It now appears that a third NFL player landed in the hoosegow over the weekend. Browns receiver Mike Mason was jailed late Saturday, and as of Monday afternoon remained in custody, on charges of aggravated disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and obstructing official business, all of which are misdemeanors. Police used a Taser gun to subdue him.

Mason was signed by the Browns six weeks ago as an undrafted free agent. His bail has been set at $20,000 because he is regarded as a flight risk; he has no Cleveland address and is viewed as a long shot to make the team.

Um, Mike? The odds just got a little longer.

But at least Mason will have made a contribution during his time in Cleveland. By our count, the Browns get nine points in Turd Watch. The Packers and Bengals each pick up three.

Big D
06-18-2007, 01:03 PM
i cant wait for the excuse that "he wasnt a serious roster addition and wasnt gonna make the team anyways"

another gold star for the bungles weak assed, 1 man scouting department.

suckers.

he wasnt a serious roster addition and wasnt gonna make the team anyways :blah:

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Wilson's arrest occurred after a post-wedding visit to a nightclub in Cabell County, West Virginia, during which Wilson, the groom, the bride, and three other persons were busted.

Mommy?...Daddy?....where did you spend your honeymoon?:dang::dang::dang:

CantStop85
06-18-2007, 01:52 PM
CS85...

I am going to say the same to you I said to S&B...

The problems isn't the players... it is the leadership itself, the ownership. If the ownership stepped up and told Lewis... You have 1 month to straighten this ship, or your gone, it would be done. What you need is new owners/management. If the coach won't step up, then a new coach as well. The players will rise or fall to the level of expectation put upon them, in all aspects of their sport.

I don't know about all of that...you can blame the coach/owners for picking up players with questionable character and maybe for keeping them too long...but Marvin Lewis can't babysit all of these guys so they won't get in trouble.

I'm sure Marvin Lewis and the ownership are just as embarassed as anyone by this point...but what can you really do? I mean, you can tell by this year's draft that they decided to stop taking risks on players with red flags, but when players like Quincy Wilson who had no red flags (other than goint to WVU) start getting arrested, what are you supposed to do?

I don't really know how much freedom the organization has to cut these players based on their bad behavior, especially with the NFLPA and the fact that many of these guys aren't actually being convicted...but I expect that Quincy and most of the other troublemakers will be cut at the very least by training camp. I think Odell and Henry were the last guys to receive second chances.

It might take a while to weed out all of the bad seeds. It's something that has grown in the organization over the past couple of years. And now that the organization (and the league) has finally noticed, it's gonna take a little while to revert.

Livinginthe past
06-18-2007, 02:11 PM
I don't know about all of that...you can blame the coach/owners for picking up players with questionable character and maybe for keeping them too long...but Marvin Lewis can't babysit all of these guys so they won't get in trouble.

I'm sure Marvin Lewis and the ownership are just as embarassed as anyone by this point...but what can you really do? I mean, you can tell by this year's draft that they decided to stop taking risks on players with red flags, but when players like Quincy Wilson who had no red flags (other than goint to WVU) start getting arrested, what are you supposed to do?

I don't really know how much freedom the organization has to cut these players based on their bad behavior, especially with the NFLPA and the fact that many of these guys aren't actually being convicted...but I expect that Quincy and most of the other troublemakers will be cut at the very least by training camp. I think Odell and Henry were the last guys to receive second chances.

It might take a while to weed out all of the bad seeds. It's something that has grown in the organization over the past couple of years. And now that the organization (and the league) has finally noticed, it's gonna take a little while to revert.

The problem is that the soil you are attempting to sow these young players in is tainted.

If those very same players were in an environment where mentoring was of a higher importance then I would be willing to bet that alot of them woudn't be getting into trouble with police.

Its not a random act of chance that players with no 'previous' are getting to trouble - the poisonous environment that the Bengals management has created is going to ensure they are stuck with this legacy for along time to come.

The only guy who appears to show any sort of leadership is Carson, his right hand man has all the gravitas of a circus clown - the only thing that will get the Bengals out of this mess is a far reaching cull of all the bad influences on the team.

I won't hold my breath for Marvin 'talent trumps all' Lewis to get get serious about that any time soon.

fansince'76
06-18-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm sure Marvin Lewis and the ownership are just as embarassed as anyone by this point...but what can you really do?

Well, he could stop blaming society, the police and everyone else and start pointing the finger of blame at the real parties responsible for his players' transgressions - namely, the players themselves. That would be a really good start.

SteelCityMan786
06-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Look like another member of the 'Dirty Division' AFCN has got themselves in trouble - that makes two more (including the Bengals RB).#

Thankfully for those of us who cheer for another one of those teams in the AFCN (Meaning the Black and Gold) we don't have to worry about that.

PisnNapalm
06-18-2007, 03:20 PM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

What's the over/under on Bengals arrests between now and the start of regular season?

SteelCityMan786
06-18-2007, 03:47 PM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

What's the over/under on Bengals arrests between now and the start of regular season?

100:toofunny:

83-Steelers-43
06-19-2007, 08:24 AM
Bengals player Wilson arrested in Huntington
By The Associated Press
Tuesday, June 19, 2007

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — Huntington Police have arrested Cincinnati Bengals running back Quincy Wilson and 13 others who were celebrating a weekend wedding.

Lora Maynard, the assistant prosecuting attorney handling the case, said Monday that the former West Virginia University standout was part of a wedding party celebrating at a bar Saturday night.

Lt. Hank Dial with the Huntington Police Department said the group refused to follow police commands to disperse around 3 a.m. Sunday outside a bar.

Wilson and several others in the crowd are facing disorderly conduct charges, and some were charged with obstructing justice and underage consumption of alcohol, Dial said.

Police were trying to break up the crowd out of safety concerns, he said, after shots were fired about a half hour earlier one block from the bar.

None of those arrested with Wilson were thought to be involved in the shooting, Dial said.

Wilson was booked in the Western Regional Jail and released around 2:30 Sunday afternoon. He is scheduled to appear July 19 in Huntington Municipal Court.

Wilson is the 10th Bengals player arrested in the past 14 months, a streak of misconduct that drew the attention of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, resulted in three suspensions and made Cincinnati a glaring example of players gone bad.

Spokesman Jack Brennan said it was inappropriate for the team to comment on Wilson's arrest because the matter is unresolved.

Wilson is the third former West Virginia player in the NFL to get into trouble in recent years.

Atlanta drafted the running back in the seventh round in 2004. The Bengals signed him off the Falcons' practice squad later that year, and he spent the next year on Cincinnati's practice squad.

Wilson got into three games last season, carrying two times for two yards in an Oct. 1 loss to New England. He was waived on Oct. 19 and signed back onto the practice squad.

Wilson, who lives in Weirton, was one of the Mountaineers' top running backs. He also was a teammate of receiver Chris Henry, a Bengals player who has been arrested four times.

Goodell suspended Henry for two games last season for misconduct, and has suspended him for the first eight games of the 2007 season for his most recent convictions.

Another former WVU player, Titans cornerback Pacman Jones, has been suspended for the entire 2007 season.

Jones, who has been arrested five times since being drafted in 2005, was being sought by police as a witness in a shooting early Monday involving members of his entourage after a fight at an Atlanta strip club.

Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman was suspended for all of last season for violating the league's substance abuse policy. He has yet to be reinstated.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_513290.html

83-Steelers-43
06-19-2007, 08:27 AM
Police were trying to break up the crowd out of safety concerns, he said, after shots were fired about a half hour earlier one block from the bar.

The only question now is, where was Chris Henry at the time? We could have a possible double whammy.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Maybe it's a WVU thing?

If Marvin is really embarassed,he'll stop blaming everyone but the players themselves for thier legal troubles.In the end,the person in trouble only has themselves to blame.

onthebus36
06-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Here's the article from the Cincy paper:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070619/SPT02/706190329/1066

Love this quote:

"Bengals public relations director Jack Brennan said Monday that the team felt it was inappropriate to comment on Wilson's arrest because 'it's still at the stage of charges.'"

He probably has that on his voicemail at this point. "If you are calling about a special event, please press 1. If you calling about the status of a player arrest, please press 2..."

fansince'76
06-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Is Vegas laying odds on which of the next of these clowns is the most likely to be arrested? That might be some hot action there. :chuckle:

SteelCityMan786
06-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Is Vegas laying odds on which of the next of these clowns is the most likely to be arrested? That might be some hot action there. :chuckle:

Probably

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

stillers4me
06-19-2007, 04:25 PM
He probably has that on his voicemail at this point. "If you are calling about a special event, please press 1. If you calling about the status of a player arrest, please press 2..."

Hilarious!! :toofunny:

Elvis
06-19-2007, 08:35 PM
:coffee: How long is the league gonna let things like this keep happening? Starting to be a joke to me...

SteelCityMan786
06-19-2007, 10:12 PM
:coffee: How long is the league gonna let things like this keep happening? Starting to be a joke to me...

Once the Bengals can reach 100 arrests.

steelpride12
06-24-2007, 11:13 PM
wow just another day in the office sigh....

tony hipchest
06-24-2007, 11:33 PM
im so confused...

was another bengal actually busted or is this a bumped thread? :willy:

(for those who dont understand sarcasm or a rhetorical question, im not confused at all) :chuckle:

83-Steelers-43
06-24-2007, 11:46 PM
im so confused...

was another bengal actually busted or is this a bumped thread? :willy:

(for those who dont understand sarcasm or a rhetorical question, im not confused at all) :chuckle:

Give it 24 hours and it may not end up being a sarcastic or rhetorical question. :wink02:

tony hipchest
06-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Give it 24 hours and it may not end up being a sarcastic or rhetorical question. :wink02:so true... the weekend isnt actually over til the sun rises. in fact, i bet you adam jones is donkey punching a stripper in the back of the skull as we speak.

:jammin:

SteelCityMan786
06-25-2007, 08:29 AM
so true... the weekend isnt actually over til the sun rises. in fact, i bet you adam jones is donkey punching a stripper in the back of the skull as we speak.

:jammin:

Or at least he was......:sofunny:

onthebus36
06-25-2007, 01:09 PM
I read a good line in a story I posted in the Blast Furnace. I guy asked the question if the Bengals will have to run the no-huddle next year to keep players from associating with known felons.

polamalu3000
06-25-2007, 01:44 PM
yeah i am a die hard steelers fan and i hate the bengals very much but my best friend is a bengals fan and we argue throughout the season about who is better. and i simply say who has more rings steelers who have 5 or the bengals who have a big fat 0. i laugh at him every time a bengals player goes to jail.