PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Steelers

Livinginthe past
09-11-2005, 03:54 PM
First up - a big well done to the Steelers week1 - demolishing the Titans.

Seems like Big Ben beamed straight back to last years regular season with a very efficient game - and having a dominant running game to rely on.

Few words of warning because I know how up and down we can all be about our own teams - when assessing perceived strengths in the team we shouldn't forget about the relative strength of the opposition.

Titans looked like a very weak team today and seem to be following the downward trend most predicted for them since they got into a salary cap tangle.

I think will all have a better idea where we are and how things are going to shake out after Week3.......

Cheers

NM

jim brown
09-11-2005, 04:00 PM
I Agree It's A Long Long Season We See How It Comes Out Go Steeleelers

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Valid point well taken, and agreed with.

Ben was stellar, perfect QB rating, Willie was nothing short of amazing, Defense was dominant as always, everybody stepped up from starters to backups.. we were just near flawless today and in the end, a W is all that matters.

After that first drive by TN, I was mildly concerned, but after that, we just completely took over starting w/ that Troy P. interception.

Yes the titans are rebuilding, over half their roster is 2nd year or younger players..so yes they were not up to the challenge today and we promptly dispatched them...now its up to us to continue this roll into the coming weeks and show up w/ the same intensity no matter who the opponent is.

clevestinks
09-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Agreed, But this is what the doctor ordered. Ben needed a confidence builder. He got it!
We needed to see Willie Parker prove he could carry a load, He can!

Titans were not a true test. But we kicked thier asses! When you play a team that isnt that good. You should dominate. Abd we did just that. Although we shouldnt get overly confident. They game just ended and pumped. Lets roll! Bring on the Pats, the Eagles, bring them all on. We want a championship.

Prosdo
09-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Very true. I was just happy to see Ben back to the quarterback he can be. The preseason he looked horrible and I think this game was great for his confidence.