PDA

View Full Version : Pick a team any team

Buzz05
06-21-2007, 08:59 AM
So here is the deal. One of my best friends and his now soon to be wife are having a baby in November. He is from Altoona area just like I am and is a die hard. However here is the problem...she is from Cleveland. And you know what that means :dang:. She says she wont let her child grow up a Steelers fan and he refuses to let the kid be a Browns fan. So my solution to him was pick another team for kid to root for (But secretly push Steeler propaganda on the kid). If you were in that situation...what team would you want your kid to root for. Personally I think I would root for either the Eagles, the Texans, or the Jets...just something completely different.

Too bad they live in Iowa right now but will be moving to Atlanta after the baby is born...and I know he hates the Falcons. His solution was to have the kid root for the Redskins so he will always be better or then them haha. I just wanted to get your opinions on the situation. Kinda funny if ya think about.

atrus20
06-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Could always go for Steelers 2.0 aka Cardinals.

PisnNapalm
06-21-2007, 09:29 AM
How in the world did he marry a Browns fan is what I want to know.:jawdrop:

Here's what ya tell them to do. They each wear their favorite team's gear. When the child is old enough the child will make up it's own mind. Tell him he can win the war by wearing his Steelers gear more than she wears the Browns. The kid will do the rest.

ShutDown24
06-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Despite what either of them want the child will probably grow up a Falcons fan if they stay in Atlanta very long.

Buzz05
06-21-2007, 09:58 AM

Here's what ya tell them to do. They each wear their favorite team's gear. When the child is old enough the child will make up it's own mind. Tell him he can win the war by wearing his Steelers gear more than she wears the Browns. The kid will do the rest.

They met at chiropractic school in Iowa...it could be worse...she could be a Cowboys fan I guess...

83-Steelers-43
06-21-2007, 10:09 AM
The wife is in a lose/lose situation.

You figure by the time the kid is in his/her teens the Cleveland Browns will still stink. So I'm guessing the kid will automatically realize that the Steelers are the team to root for. The Dark Side never wins.

Newzfoxjr
06-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Damn. I just realized how much I hate almost every other team. o_O

But, if I wasn't a Steelers fan, I'd be a Saints fan. So I'd go with them...

Buzz05
06-21-2007, 10:25 AM
See I duno..I think I would lean to the Texans...I like their colors...and no one could accuse you of being a band waggon fan...too bad they are just so terrible

tony hipchest
06-21-2007, 10:30 AM
within the parameters of your post (actually having to pick 1 of 30 other teams), i always looked at the panthers as the steelers little sister franchise from when dom capers built them.

if they get cowher, thats the way to go. otherwise the cardinals. the kid can be original, and nobody can accuse him of being a bandwaggoner

Buzz05
06-21-2007, 10:37 AM
within the parameters of your post (actually having to pick 1 of 30 other teams), i always looked at the panthers as the steelers little sister franchise from when dom capers built them.

if they get cowher, thats the way to go. otherwise the cardinals. the kid can be original, and nobody can accuse him of being a bandwaggoner

Ya know, I completely forgot about the Panthers..how I dont know..but somehow I did...

verks36
06-21-2007, 10:45 AM

hahah

ya i would have to go with the cards because they are basically the steelers B team

RoethlisBURGHer
06-21-2007, 10:52 AM
I just wouldn't be able to like professional football if I couldn't be a Steelers fan.

CantStop85
06-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Poor kid...a Steeler dad and a Browns mom...might wanna consider therapy.

But anyway...in other sports if I don't have a favorite team I usually root for the perennial underdog. So, I think a Texans or Cardinals fan would be good, although Atlanta would make the most sense.

SteelCityMan786
06-21-2007, 02:27 PM
The Redskins or the 49ers.

stlrtruck
06-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Go with Penn State!!

Then secretly push the Steelers!

SteelCityMan786
06-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Go with Penn State!!

Then secretly push the Steelers!

That's a good place to start. He can learn to cheer for world class institutions when it comes to collegiate athletics.

Whatever you do, don't let him be an Eagles fan. A good majority of those fans are really ANNOYING!

The Duke
06-21-2007, 03:09 PM

:sofunny:

rbryan
06-21-2007, 03:28 PM
I would encourage your friend to get a pre-nup. Sounds like this relationship is doomed from the start.

stillers4me
06-21-2007, 04:18 PM
I would encourage your friend to get a pre-nup. Sounds like this relationship is doomed from the start.

Exactly. Just divorce and put the poor kid up for adoption. He's only going to grow up a confused and lost individual. Kids from mixed marriages have major identity problems..................... :sofunny:

fansince'76
06-21-2007, 04:32 PM
A compromise - make the kid a Bengals fan. (Ducking cyber tomatoes) :toofunny:

SteelCityMan786
06-21-2007, 04:36 PM
A compromise - make the kid a Bengals fan. (Ducking cyber tomatoes) :toofunny:

Did somebody say CYBER TOMATOES!!!!

http://www.blork.org/mondaymorning/images/tomatoes.jpg

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Buzz05
06-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Well to be honest with yall, I have never met the girl, they are in Chiropractic school together in Iowa then they are moving to Atlanta after they get married next summer so she can finish school...so who knows. For all I know she may be a real sweet heart that just got misplaced in the mistake by the lake.

I like the Penn State idea...but he is a Pitt fan and somehow she is a Michigan fan...weird growing up in Cleveland and being a Michigan fan I know...

But just to throw a few jabs at her and her Brownies I already bought the kid a little Steelers basinet outfit and a terrible toddler towel for after its born...boy or girl this kid will know who the Steeelers are when its it born. Im not gonna lose this kid to the dark side of the Browns. :tt02:

rbryan
06-22-2007, 01:06 PM
I was just kidding about needing a pre nup just because she's a Brownie fan.

He should have one regardless of where she's from. lol

SteelCityMan786
06-22-2007, 01:13 PM
I was just kidding about needing a pre nup just because she's a Brownie fan.

He should have one regardless of where she's from. lol

yeah stating that the kids chooses the team he wants to cheer for.

or you can say he's steelers first. :toofunny:

polamalu3000
06-25-2007, 01:27 PM
yeah the steelers would be a good choice just as long as she didnt go with the stupid bengals. (hey who do u think will be arrested this week) lol

SteelCityMan786
06-25-2007, 01:30 PM
yeah the steelers would be a good choice just as long as she didnt go with the stupid bengals. (hey who do u think will be arrested this week) lol

He's a Steelers Fan, She's a CLOWNS fan.

as for the arrest:Carson might be next.

ben2hines=6
06-25-2007, 07:56 PM
no no this is an easy one here......u just have to make the baby a steelers fan and a cavs fan, there u get the best of both worlds, hell u could even throw in the indians to make it more enticing

SteelersMongol
06-25-2007, 08:45 PM
I think the guy should surrender lot of his rights to his wife in order to let him grow up as Steelers fan. Do the many things that she asks for.

If the girl wouldn't budge then I'd say, as a last resort, the Redskins. Also, that Penn State idea someone had mentioned sounds real good, too.

SteelCityMan786
06-25-2007, 09:18 PM
no no this is an easy one here......u just have to make the baby a steelers fan and a cavs fan, there u get the best of both worlds, hell u could even throw in the indians to make it more enticing

Throw the Penguins in as well. He could be 2-2.

Elvis
06-28-2007, 03:56 PM

Good solution... And a even Better Question!!!
:tt02: