PDA

View Full Version : A Week's Worth of Rep

HometownGal
06-21-2007, 07:11 PM
To the first person to figure out the "magic" behind this quiz....I've taken this quiz about 10 times and it always comes up with the number I chose! :thumbsup:

http://www.quizyourprofile.com/guessyournumber.php

HometownGal
06-21-2007, 07:16 PM
P.S. It has nothing to do with something "hearing" your number when you say it out loud. I did it several times saying the number in my head and it STILL guessed it correctly! :smile:

fansince'76
06-21-2007, 07:22 PM
I think I figured it out. The game starts out with 25 possible numbers (1-25). However, the numbers are divided into 5 color groups, with 5 numbers in each group. Where the game "guesses" your number is when you choose the house that contains your number. Each of the 5 houses only contains one number from each color group, so by telling the program which color group your number belongs to, and further which house it is in, it then has all the info it needs to "guess" your number.

tony hipchest
06-21-2007, 07:33 PM
i think i already know the answer cause i figured this one out:

http://www.learnenglish.org.uk/games/magic-gopher-central.swf

(i guarantee you will wanna kill this magic gopher :dang:) i too will give rep for a week to anyone who solves either of these.

****ing ****y gopher!

tony hipchest
06-21-2007, 07:41 PM
I think I figured it out. The game starts out with 25 possible numbers (1-25). However, the numbers are divided into 5 color groups, with 5 numbers in each group. Where the game "guesses" your number is when you choose the house that contains your number. Each of the 5 houses only contains one number from each color group, so by telling the program which color group your number belongs to, and further which house it is in, it then has all the info it needs to "guess" your number.i dont think thats it. the color of number you chose is independent of the 2nd color square you chose. both are independent of chosing not only a ball, but the door also.

fansince'76
06-21-2007, 07:45 PM
i dont think thats it. the color of number you chose is independent of the 2nd color square you chose. both are independent of chosing not only a ball, but the door also.

I have a feeling the program disregards both the second color selection (which I found completely irrelevant in playing the game) and the crystal ball choice, and I also think it puts your number behind all three doors. The second color selection and crystal ball choice screens are simply breaks in the program (much like being required to press the enter key, spacebar or any other key to continue) to add more to the "magic" of the program itself. Trust me, the only info that program uses is the selection of the number's color and the house the number is contained in.

tony hipchest
06-21-2007, 08:02 PM
I have a feeling the program disregards both the second color selection (which I found completely irrelevant in playing the game) and the crystal ball choice, and I also think it puts your number behind all three doors. The second color selection and crystal ball choice screens are simply breaks in the program (much like being required to press the enter key, spacebar or any other key to continue) to add more to the "magic" of the program itself. Trust me, the only info that program uses is the selection of the number's color and the house the number is contained in.yep. i think youre right. i picked a pink number (1, 6, 14, 21, 22). you will never find 2 of these numbers in the same "house".

i was making it too complicated and it is as simple of the reduction of 2 sets of numbers.

the gopher isnt the same. it took me about 20 minutes to figure that bastard out! lets see what you got.

fansince'76
06-21-2007, 08:07 PM
yep. i think youre right. i picked a pink number (1, 6, 14, 21, 22). you will never find 2 of these numbers in the same "house".

i was making it too complicated and it is as simple of the reduction of 2 sets of numbers.

the gopher isnt the same. it took me about 20 minutes to figure that bastard out! lets see what you got.

I just looked at the gopher. You're right, when you don't have to give details about your selected number directly to the program it makes it much harder to figure out how it's "guessing" what number you have. This is gonna take me a little longer than the first one.

fansince'76
06-21-2007, 08:23 PM
yep. i think youre right. i picked a pink number (1, 6, 14, 21, 22). you will never find 2 of these numbers in the same "house".

I figured it out. The subtraction of the sum of the two numbers that make up any two digit number is ALWAYS divisible by 9. Example: 99 - 9+9=18, 99-18=81, 81/9=9. Therefore, the game puts the same symbol on each number in the list that's equally divisible by 9.

Livinginthe past
06-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Well, they are all multiples of 9.

I guess taking away the added result of two numbers from the original number always equals a multiple of 9.

Livinginthe past
06-21-2007, 08:32 PM
This isn't really a puzzle but one of the best 'interactive' optical illusions I have .....seen.

If your eyes follow the movement of the rotating pink dot, you will only see one color, pink. If you stare at the black + in the center, the moving dot turns to green. Now, concentrate on the black + in the center of the picture. After a short period of time, all the pink dots will slowly disappear, and you will only see a green dot rotating if you're lucky! It's amazing how our brain works. There really is no green dot, and the pink ones really don't disappear. This should be proof enough, we don't always see what we think we see.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/n_mckeown/trippyredballs.gif

fansince'76
06-21-2007, 08:39 PM
This isn't really a puzzle but one of the best 'interactive' optical illusions I have .....seen.

I guess my brain is defective (big surprise there). :chuckle: I see the green dot rotating, but the pink dots don't completely disappear, I still see a hint of them, especially when the (now) green dot rotates through the top half of the circle.

Livinginthe past
06-21-2007, 08:46 PM
I guess my brain is defective (big surprise there). :chuckle: I see the green dot rotating, but the pink dots don't completely disappear, I still see a hint of them, especially when the (now) green dot rotates through the top half of the circle.

LOL.

Its not easy to totally ignore the moving dot. They will disappear in a second or two if ya really stare at the black cross and nothing else.

But they do come back if you lose focus......Jedi.

fansince'76
06-21-2007, 08:51 PM
LOL.

Its not easy to totally ignore the moving dot. They will disappear in a second or two if ya really stare at the black cross and nothing else.

But they do come back if you lose focus......Jedi.

You're messin' with my mind! :dang: :chuckle:

HometownGal
06-21-2007, 09:01 PM
WOW you guys are smarter than the average bear! :cheers::wink02: A week's rep to you, Gary for figuring it out - it all makes total sense! :cheers::thumbsup:

Holy Mother of God - that gopher is a toughie. It seems Gary's figured that one out too.

fansince'76 for President! :cheer: YAY! (lol)....:smile: