PDA

View Full Version : Jason Taylor 'misquoted' again.

Livinginthe past
06-22-2007, 05:34 AM
Looks like JT is going to spend the twilight of his career tweaking other teams and being misquoted about damaging injuries to his starting QB.

Another week. Another Sports Illustrated article on the Dolphins. Another player saying what he said was taken out of context.

In a very flattering story on Jason Taylor in this week?s SI titled ?Blitzing Hollywood,? there are two newsworthy items. The first is that Katina Taylor, Jason?s wife, said the defensive end thought about retiring before last season ? the one in which he was named NFL Defensive Player of the Year ? in order to help save his rocky marriage.

I?ll get to that in a minute.
The other part that stood out to me was this Jason Taylor quote on quarterback Trent Green, about a week before he was traded to the Dolphins:

?This is off-the-record ? oh, what the hell, it?s on the record: He?d better not get hit. One big hit, and he could be scrambled eggs.?

Taylor was referring to how Green missed eight games last year with a serious concussion, his first. Wonder if Taylor feels the same way about his brother-in-law, Zach Thomas, who has had at least six concussions and is almost as old as Green.

Taylor, along with coach Cam Cameron and the rest of the Dolphins? brass, spent most of the afternoon returning from their excursion to London. But team spokesman Harvey Greene asked Taylor tonight about the quote, and this is what Greene had to say:

?I talked to Jason. The quote is garbage. It was taken out of context.?

Strange that Greene didn?t include a ?Jason said?? in that statement. I pushed Greene on it, but he stayed with his statement.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/miamidolphins/entries/2007/06/21/taylor_disputes_quote.html

83-Steelers-43
06-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Hell, it's not like he told us something we didn't already know about Green...lol.

LambertIsGod58
06-22-2007, 09:53 AM
I don't see the big deal with that quote....I'd say it's true. It's just amazing to me how these athlete's have are expected to speak with kiddie gloves on all the time.

Tankus_Maximus
06-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Waitaminit...Trent Green is old??

rbryan
06-22-2007, 10:29 AM
None of these guys seem to learn that there is always someone with a microphone trying to bait them into saying something stupid.

SteelCityMan786
06-22-2007, 12:08 PM
None of these guys seem to learn that there is always someone with a microphone trying to bait them into saying something stupid.

That's for sure. There are numerous people with a microphone trying to get people to take the fall. One more reason next question is a wonderful tool.

The Duke
06-22-2007, 04:32 PM
As long as he doesn't say again we got a mess in our team I'm fine with it

onthebus36
06-22-2007, 04:54 PM
What I don't get is when these guys say something and don't stand by it. Oh, they were "kidding" or "misquoted."

If he doesn't like Trent Green, stand by your words and work it out if there's an issue.

What's stupid about the comment is what are the alternatives? Does he consider Duante Culpeper "durable." (Of course, if he's still annoyed they didn't grab Drew Brees when they had the change, that's a legit gripe.)

SteelCityMan786
06-22-2007, 05:10 PM
As long as he doesn't say again we got a mess in our team I'm fine with it

yeah and also if he doesn't whine his way to the NFL Defensive Player of the year.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-22-2007, 08:50 PM
I don't have a problem with what he said,and he probally was misquoted.

He probally was talking about one huge hit,like the one that knocked him cold against the Bungals...and the reporter twisted it into one teeny hit.

boLT fan
06-22-2007, 10:01 PM
I can stand him. He's such a whiny little bitch. If it wasn't for his crying he wouldn't of won DPOY last year.

yeah and also if he doesn't whine his way to the NFL Defensive Player of the year.

:cheers:

RoethlisBURGHer
06-22-2007, 10:37 PM
I think last year Jason Taylor said what just about everyone outside of Charger Nation was thinking.Nobody wanted to say it,but many people thought it.

if it wasn't for the fact that Merriman is a Charger,chances are that you'd agree that anyone who was suspended for performance enhancing drugs shouldn't be able to go to the Pro Bowl or win DPOTY that year.

Livinginthe past
06-23-2007, 06:41 AM
I think last year Jason Taylor said what just about everyone outside of Charger Nation was thinking.Nobody wanted to say it,but many people thought it.

if it wasn't for the fact that Merriman is a Charger,chances are that you'd agree that anyone who was suspended for performance enhancing drugs shouldn't be able to go to the Pro Bowl or win DPOTY that year.

Agreed.

I'll be watching Merrimans performance levels closely this year now that the league has his number.

boLT fan
06-23-2007, 11:36 AM

Did I ever say I didn't agree with him? I never thought you should've gone to the pro bowl or been considered for any awards. But Taylor didn't have to be a baby about it to get the DPOY. If he hadn't said anything, it probably would've (and should've) been Champ Bailey.

JPPT1974
06-23-2007, 01:49 PM
Well I for one like him as he seems
To do a lot of good in the community
Helping out children and youth.

Livinginthe past
06-23-2007, 02:05 PM
Did I ever say I didn't agree with him? I never thought you should've gone to the pro bowl or been considered for any awards. But Taylor didn't have to be a baby about it to get the DPOY. If he hadn't said anything, it probably would've (and should've) been Champ Bailey.

I really don't think that Taylor drawing attention to Merrimans cheating (because thats what it is) helped him win any extra votes with those that select the Pro-Bowl squads.

Bailey is an awesome player, but what Taylor does on a medicore team that sports an awful offense is outstanding.

Quotes aside he is one of my favorite NFL players (though not so much when is hunting Brady like a Lion hunts an antelope)

SteelCityMan786
06-23-2007, 02:22 PM

I agree Bolt. If you're gonna campaign to win the DPOY award, DO IT ON THE FIELD!

revefsreleets
06-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Now people are bashing Jason Taylor? Who's next, Mother Theresa?

Non-issue.

SteelCityMan786
06-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Now people are bashing Jason Taylor? Who's next, Mother Theresa?

Non-issue.

Why would I bash Mother Theresa?

boLT fan
06-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Why would I bash Mother Theresa?

I heard she was on steroids.

revefsreleets
06-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Western PA home schooled boy comes out of nowhere and makes good, in fact, was a finalist for the very prestigious Byron "Whizzer" White (ex-Steeler player, well, they were called the Pirates back then), awarded to the NFL player who exemplifies leadership, dedication and commitment to team and community.

Is it fair to bash him for one comment?

tony hipchest
06-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Is it fair to bash him for one comment?all players should be virginal choirboys, except for steelers... they should all be saints. :chuckle:

revefsreleets
06-26-2007, 08:17 PM
LOL...I don't like the Dolphins, but I like Jason Taylor.