PDA

View Full Version : Will Steelers go 16-0?

tony hipchest
06-22-2007, 10:20 AM
at first i thought this was pretty stupid but then i did start laughing. nothing overly creative or original but it has its moments for a slow reading day:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/news/fayette/s_513792.html

By Joe Starkey
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, June 22, 2007

It's always too early to look ahead to Steelers season. So let's.
Keep in mind that the regular season can't possibly be as calamitous as the offseason. Can it?

Sept. 9, at Browns: The Steelers dedicate game to ex-teammate Richard Seigler and win on his favorite play -- the hooker-and-lateral. Steelers 38, Browns 35.

Sept. 16, vs. Bills: Deeply disturbed by an e-mail from former line coach Larry Zierlein, Bills commit 40 penalties. Steelers 21, Bills 3.

Sept. 23, vs. 49ers: Disgruntled tailback Kevan Barlow rips the Steelers, 49ers, Jets, Seigler, Zierlein and, of course, Walt Harris. Steelers 75, 49ers 0.

Sept. 30, at Cardinals: Ben Roethlisberger throws a pick just so he can sprint to the Arizona sideline and deck Ken Whisenhunt. Cardinals 27, Steelers 20.

Oct. 7, vs. Seahawks: Five Seahawks touchdowns wiped out on offensive pass interference. Steelers 21, Seahawks 10. Steelers 21, Seahawks 10.

Oct. 21, at Broncos: Javon Walker catches seven TD passes, all on fade patterns against Ike Taylor. Broncos 49, Steelers 13.

Oct. 28, at Bengals: The suspension-ravaged Bengals field five players. Marvin Lewis blames Cincinnati police. Carson Palmer doubles as a defensive tackle, dominates Alan Faneca and takes several shots at Roethlisberger's knees. Steelers 75, Bengals 3.

Nov. 5, vs. Ravens: The Steelers come out flying on Dr. Richard Rydze Bobblehead Night. Rydze, a former team internist, is honored at halftime for the wonderful work he did with the area's growth hormone-deficient elderly. Steelers 100, Ravens 0.

Nov. 11 vs. Browns: The Steelers announce a groundbreaking contract with Troy Polamalu. It's worth nothing over 15 years. "Money, like Gatorade, is evil," :chuckle:Polamalu says, before picking off 10 Brady Quinn passes. Steelers 100, Browns 0.

Nov. 18, at Jets: Roethlisberger throws a TD to each of the 11 tight ends on roster. Steelers 77, Jets 6.

Nov. 26, vs. Dolphins: Faneca allows Joey Porter several free shots at Roethlisberger. Porter (0 tackles, 1 assist) whiffs every time but celebrates wildly. Steelers 100, Dolphins 0.:toofunny:

Dec. 2, vs. Bengals: Fresh off his latest suspension, Chris Henry rejoins the Bengals fitted with a mouthpiece that doubles as a Breathalyzer. He catches five TD passes -- all on fade patterns against Taylor -- then blows a 0.98. Bengals forfeit. Lewis blames Cincinnati police. Steelers 2, Bengals 0.

Dec. 9, at Patriots: Lawrence Timmons records his first NFL tackle.:sofunny: Steelers 100, Patriots 0.

Dec. 16, vs. Jaguars: CBS commentator Bill Cowher rips the Steelers for being "too conservative" and wonders why Ricardo Colclough isn't returning punts. Jaguars 3, Steelers 2.

Dec. 20, at Rams: The Steelers lose when special teams coach Bob Ligashesky, recalling his Pitt days, orders a "swinging gate" during a PAT. A befuddled Jeff Reed kicks wide. Rams 20, Steelers 19.

Dec. 30, at Ravens: Faneca walks off the field during potential game-winning drive. Hines Ward, in a show of solidarity, follows him. Both appear on coach Mike Tomlin's postgame version of "The News.":toofunny: Ravens 14, Steelers 10.

Next morning: "This season has been very tough on me," says Faneca, fighting back tears on his way to the bank. "They made me play without security."

Adds Ward, "I miss Joey."

fansince'76
06-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Looks like Mr. Starkey went to the "Woody Paige School of Homer Sports Journalism." Paige predicts the Broncos will go 16-0 every year. Only difference is Starkey is obviously joking, but Paige is dead serious.

SteelCityMan786
06-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Well the scores have to be crazy. The Seahawks game will be a true score though. lol. If anyone here goes to the game and we win, I say we start a chant called just like forty.

19ward86
06-22-2007, 11:25 AM
we lose to the rams????damn....

SteelCityMan786
06-22-2007, 11:35 AM
we lose to the rams????damn....

I say we win 12-14. the rams will be one of the wins.

OneForTheToe
06-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Some of it is a little lame, but some of it is funny, and there are a few d y n o m i t e one's.

Atlanta Dan
06-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Based on that column it sounds like I am not the only one who is tired of the whining by Hines Ward about changing times.

CantStop85
06-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Sounds like Ike needs some work on those fade routes.

SteelCityMan786
06-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Sounds like Ike needs some work on those fade routes.

Or someone could start in his spot this year.

onthebus36
06-22-2007, 01:07 PM
"Dec. 16, vs. Jaguars: CBS commentator Bill Cowher rips the Steelers for being "too conservative" and wonders why Ricardo Colclough isn't returning punts. Jaguars 3, Steelers 2."

That was my favorite. Very funny.

HometownGal
06-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Funny stuff. :toofunny: I know Starkey is jesting, but if he isn't, I want some of what he is smoking. :smoker: :thumbsup:

TackleMeBen
06-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Sept. 30, at Cardinals: Ben Roethlisberger throws a pick just so he can sprint to the Arizona sideline and deck Ken Whisenhunt. Cardinals 27, Steelers 20.

i refuse to lose to the cardinals. i hope leinhart spends all game on his butt after being sacked 100 times..lol.. and i would pay money to see ben deck ken whisenhunt..lol

The Duke
06-22-2007, 04:06 PM
"Nov. 26, vs. Dolphins: Faneca allows Joey Porter several free shots at Roethlisberger. Porter (0 tackles, 1 assist) whiffs every time but celebrates wildly. Steelers 100, Dolphins 0."

Sounds about right :coffee:

Galax Steeler
06-23-2007, 04:01 AM
I agree faneca and porter could have something going.

SteelCityMan786
06-23-2007, 12:18 PM
i refuse to lose to the cardinals. i hope leinhart spends all game on his butt after being sacked 100 times..lol.. and i would pay money to see ben deck ken whisenhunt..lol

I say we don't lose to the Cardinals. I smell that being a game that Starkey has wrong.

Mistah_Q
06-23-2007, 12:46 PM
The Steelers are 16-0 in their last 16 wins :tt02:

SteelCityMan786
06-23-2007, 12:52 PM
The Steelers are 16-0 in their last 16 wins :tt02:

Heck, let's go all the way. 19-0!!!! :sofunny: I'll give them 2-4 games as breathing room.

TackleMeBen
06-23-2007, 09:55 PM
I say we don't lose to the Cardinals. I smell that being a game that Starkey has wrong.

i agree with you. i think we may win this game. i mean they do have grimm making the halftime adjustments.. (or in the steelers case last year, not making halftime adjustments). i see poor leinhart on his rearend all game. :cheer:

SteelCityMan786
06-23-2007, 09:59 PM
i agree with you. i think we may win this game. i mean they do have grimm making the halftime adjustments.. (or in the steelers case last year, not making halftime adjustments). i see poor leinhart on his rearend all game. :cheer:

Yep, shut down Edge and Leinart, GAME OVER for the Cardinals.

Why? That obviously means that Fitzgerald and Bolden can't get rollin.

TackleMeBen
06-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Yep, shut down Edge and Leinart, GAME OVER for the Cardinals.

Why? That obviously means that Fitzgerald and Bolden can't get rollin.

and there is no way in hades that leinhart is going to out shine ben in this game...lol..

SteelCityMan786
06-23-2007, 10:12 PM
and there is no way in hades that leinhart is going to out shine ben in this game...lol..

Yeah, and Ben is going to still be making his case for come back player of the year. :smile:

TackleMeBen
06-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Yeah, and Ben is going to still be making his case for come back player of the year. :smile:

i hear ya steelman :wink02:...as long as he does well against the cards and the jets i will be a happy camper..lol.. (i will not be able to take it if we lose to the airplanes... )

SteelCityMan786
06-23-2007, 10:39 PM
i hear ya steelman :wink02:...as long as he does well against the cards and the jets i will be a happy camper..lol.. (i will not be able to take it if we lose to the airplanes... )

I don't take losses well AT ALL.

TackleMeBen
06-23-2007, 10:43 PM
I don't take losses well AT ALL.

neither do i. but the jets game this year will determine the rest of my relationship with my sister.. she loves her jets...

last year i had threatened to throw away my jerseys and stuff b/c we sucked.

SteelCityMan786
06-23-2007, 10:50 PM
neither do i. but the jets game this year will determine the rest of my relationship with my sister.. she loves her jets...

last year i had threatened to throw away my jerseys and stuff b/c we sucked.

I can't stand losing to any team really. The Eagles are probably the worst considering that's the 2nd most popular team in my school.

TackleMeBen
06-23-2007, 10:55 PM
I can't stand losing to any team really. The Eagles are probably the worst considering that's the 2nd most popular team in my school.

i cant either. but i have heard nothing but how vilma is going to take ben down at the jets game.. so i told my sister she better watch out and hope that pennington dont break his shoulder on a hit...

i refer to donovan mcnabb as donovan mcscabb:wink02:

SteelShooter
06-23-2007, 11:43 PM
Funny Stuff Tony!

SteelCityMan786
06-23-2007, 11:47 PM
i cant either. but i have heard nothing but how vilma is going to take ben down at the jets game.. so i told my sister she better watch out and hope that pennington dont break his shoulder on a hit...

i refer to donovan mcnabb as donovan mcscabb:wink02:

or as I say mcslabb.

TackleMeBen
06-24-2007, 09:38 PM
or as I say mcslabb.

you are right. he is going to be mcslabb when they slab him on the operating table again this season.

SteelCityMan786
06-24-2007, 10:10 PM
you are right. he is going to be mcslabb when they slab him on the operating table again this season.

That Civil war is coming. August 26th. Probably the only pre-season game that feels truely like a regular season game to me.