PDA

View Full Version : Live in Cincy - born near Pittsburgh

duma
06-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Hello all,

Just wanted to introduce myself before I start posting here. I'm a huge Steeler fan (of course). I grew up near Pittsburgh (Steaubenville, Ohio - about 30 min away), and now I live in Cincinnati.

I currently work in a hospital here, and I attend law school (last year!). Married, no kids, but have a black lab that likes to watch football (well, it could be the chips that she gets while I watch).

HometownGal
06-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Hiya duma and welcome to SF! :smile::tt02::wave: You picked a great forum to hang your hat!

SteelCityMan786
06-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Welcome to Steelers Fever.

PisnNapalm
06-22-2007, 04:01 PM
You have my sympathies. It must be hard living in Cincyland.

Welcome to SF!

The Duke
06-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Welcome

steelersfanmx
06-22-2007, 04:27 PM
:cheers:Welcome to SF!:cheers:
hey!.. I have a Black lab too!.. wonderfull dogs!... isn't?:flap:

duma
06-22-2007, 06:03 PM
You have my sympathies. It must be hard living in Cincyland.

Welcome to SF!

It's not too hard. When I first moved here Cinci was pre-Palmer and had little to no fanbase. One of the most striking things for me to see was the lack of football love. Once they got better, the fans became active.

I still wear the Steeler T's and hats all around. If a (sober) Bengal fan gives me crap, I ask them one of two questions: 1) Name the QB before Palmer, or 2) name the Bengal's offensive line. If they are unable to answer either question, I usually tell them they are not a big enough fan to challenge my loyalty. It usually shuts them up, and when it doesn't, then I ask the second question and repeat.

All that aside, my family still lives near Pitt. We visit frequently, and this year we will be going to the San Fran game. I can't wait!

fansince'76
06-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Welcome to the board, duma! :cheers:

If you have any questions or concerns about the site, please feel free to PM (Private Message) myself or one of the other mods. Post often and have fun!

Indy_Steelers
06-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Welcome. Cincy has a great place to watch Steelers games with other Steelers fans.
Martino's on Vine. It is great.
http://martinosonvine.com/
Go to the bottom of tha page.

Big7BenHOF
06-23-2007, 01:05 AM
Welcome to Steelers Fever.

duma
06-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Welcome. Cincy has a great place to watch Steelers games with other Steelers fans.
Martino's on Vine. It is great.

You rule! I've been asking people where I can watch Steeler games around here for years. Everyone looks at me dumbfounded. Although I may have solved my problem of seeing Steeler games b/c I plan to install a slingbox at my parent's home. :) But this is still a very good option!

meanjoecoop
06-23-2007, 11:25 AM
I ask them one of two questions: 1) Name the QB before Palmer, or 2) name the Bengal's offensive line. If they are unable to answer either question, I usually tell them they are not a big enough fan to challenge my loyalty. It usually shuts them up, and when it doesn't, then I ask the second question and repeat.

I love doing that too.

I also like to ask them "How many Bengals are in the Hall of Fame?"

Best answers I've had to date:

#1: "The Hall of what?"

#2: "Well...um...I've never actually been to Paul Brown Stadium...yet"

Classic bandwagon Bungal fans. They really do believe the NFL was created in 2005. :chuckle:

stillers4me
06-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Ask them if they know what a Lombardi is...............(snicker.)

SteelShooter
06-23-2007, 11:50 PM
"Hey There!"

:whatnow: Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome ....................and did I say "Hey There!" :whatnow:

steelpride12
06-24-2007, 04:33 PM
hey welcome hope u enjoy!!

stillers4me
06-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Oh and welcome to SF! Come join us at Martino's, where the Terrible Towels are waving and the IC is on tap!!

verks36
06-24-2007, 05:33 PM
Welcome to the best steeler forum on the web

Layin the wood
06-24-2007, 07:14 PM
welcome aboard!!!

SteelersMongol
06-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Welcome home.

ShutDown24
06-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Hi. I hope this board can help you keep up with some of the smaller more detailed Steelers news that isn't available outside the city... Look forward to seeing your posts... and knowing that there is yet another Steeler fan planting the seeds in Ohio.

steelpride12
07-05-2007, 10:16 PM
welcome and enjoy!!! :)