PDA

View Full Version : Troy Contract?

WisconsinSteelerMan
06-22-2007, 04:40 PM
Hey there all!

It has been a LOOOOOONGGGG time since I have posted to SteelersFever, but I have been lurking on a semi-regular basis since the end of last season. I have not seen it anywhere on here, and I am wondering... Where do the Steelers stand with regard to Troy's contract? I was hoping that they would have him wrapped up before training camp started, and I know that we have a while to go...

Just wondering what is going on in that regard!! I am in Wisconsin, so I don't get Steeler news very often...that is why I come here!! If this thread has been posted, please point me in the right direction! If not, how about some news on that front...

Thanks a ton!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

WisconsinSteelerMan

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-22-2007, 04:53 PM
I think that Troy will be signed before training camp....It would be wrong if we didnt give him a long contract.
He does what is asked and you never hear him complain

The Duke
06-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Troy is a classy player, the Rooney's should have him signed a least before the regular season starts.

SteelCityMan786
06-22-2007, 05:19 PM
I say sometime within camp Troy gets a new contract.

onthebus36
06-22-2007, 05:22 PM
This story is a month old but it will give you something to read:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07140/787610-87.stm

Stlrs4Life
06-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Beat me to it onthebus.

SteelCityMan786
06-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Yeah they do need to sign him. It will take one headache off of Tomlin.

OneForTheToe
06-22-2007, 07:36 PM
I think Troy might be signed before the season starts. However, since he is such a good candidate for the franchise tag, I don't think we should panick if he is not. I hope it does not come to this, but because of that franchise tag prospect, unlike with most players, the Steelers would still be able to negotiate with Troy with some confidence after the season.

PalmerSteel
06-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Yeah they do need to sign him. It will take one headache off of Tomlin.

yeah, and take one headache off of troy too. we all know he doesnt need no more :cheers:

Galax Steeler
06-23-2007, 05:03 AM
I don't believe we have to worry troy will be signed.

NV STEELERS 723
06-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Yes...it doesn't seem to be an issue ( signing Troy ) ..at least the media isn't making it one either...where there is smoke , there is fire ; and I haven't heard anything negative about this issue..

Troy will sign a new contract.

polamalu3000
06-24-2007, 02:39 PM
troy is my favorite player and it would be a shame if they didnt re-sign him but i know they will

WisconsinSteelerMan
06-25-2007, 12:02 PM
This story is a month old but it will give you something to read:

"removed link because my post count is too low...."

Thanks for posting this, onthebus...I think that I had seen this before, but am not sure. It was a good read.

I didn't know if the Steelers had sat down with Troy and/or his agent or not, but it is apparently not at this point. I am sure that they will sign him to a contract...just wish they would do it on "Wisconsinsteelerman time" instead of their own time...would make me a bit less panicky!

Love this board... good people here!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

flanman
06-25-2007, 05:30 PM
I am wondering if they are waiting to see how thing play out with Faneca before resigning Troy. My thought is if they sign Troy to a nice extension, it will make Faneca even more pissed off and a huge headache in camp. Just a guess.

Flanman

duma
06-25-2007, 06:31 PM
I am wondering if they are waiting to see how thing play out with Faneca before resigning Troy. My thought is if they sign Troy to a nice extension, it will make Faneca even more pissed off and a huge headache in camp. Just a guess.

Flanman

Faneca isn't going to sign.