PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Steelers/Ticketmaster

stlrtruck
06-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Ok so last year I was chomping at the bit to get Steelers tickets which turned out to be impossible (go figure the year after the Super Bowl). And I eventually got two tickets to a different game (which I'm thankful for) but it was close to nothing at all.

This year, the Steelers joined the computer ages and joined with Ticket Master to make tickets available to the general public via the ticket master website. This morning at approximately 10:05am, I was printing a receipt for the Monday nighter against the Miami Dolphins. :computer:

So for that I thank the Steelers Ticket Office and Ticket Master for making these games available for purchase online and with a credit card!!!!
:banana: :chicken: :cheer: :thumbsup: :sofunny: :cheers: (get the point I'm happy) :tt02: :bouncy: :tt02:

Now - time to book travel and hotel!!!!

jjpro11
06-23-2007, 09:23 AM
who here got tickets this morning through ticketmaster? i got 2 tickets to the seahawks game, sec 518 row O.. not the greatest seats, but i got some.. just a question. do the section's rows start AA-ZZ then A-Z or opposite? thanks.

Da Steeler Soprano
06-23-2007, 09:39 AM
For the second year in a row I wasnt able to get any damn tickets. Im fed up with this. They need to quit selling a million tickets to brookers so real fans have a chance at getting tickets. If I hear about one more person who scored tickets that live out of town im going to puke.

meanjoecoop
06-23-2007, 09:47 AM
We picked up 4 to the Bungals game and 4 to the Brownies. I expect we'll be 9-0 & 12-0 respectively following those games! :wink02:

A is row #1, AA is row 27 and so on.

jjpro11
06-23-2007, 09:52 AM
We picked up 4 to the Bungals game and 4 to the Brownies. I expect we'll be 9-0 & 12-0 respectively following those games! :wink02:

A is row #1, AA is row 27 and so on.

great. im also happy to hear those row numbers.

duma
06-23-2007, 11:22 AM
I bought mine on Ebay. It's too bad that they cost much more, and the seats are not so great, but at least I get to go to a game. :)

stillers4me
06-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Well, I'm happy it worked out for you. I was online the minute it opened up ( I kept hitting refresh until the page opened up @ 10:00 and had a 15 minute wait to find out nothing was available for the game I entered so by the the time I entered 3 or 4 other games and waited......nothing. We were on 3 different phone lines at the same time and and finally got through to speak to a person after an hour and a half to find out that there was nothing available for any game at any price. Now we just have to decide if we want to pay 3 or 4 times the value of the ticket through Stub Hub or Ticket City. Thanks, Steelers.

Oh....and there's 8 pages of tickets available on ebay......nosebleed seats start at $250.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Well, I'm happy it worked out for you. I was online the minute it opened up ( I kept hitting refresh until the page opened up @ 10:00 and had a 15 minute wait to find out nothing was available for the game I entered so by the the time I entered 3 or 4 other games and waited......nothing. We were on 3 different phone lines at the same time and and finally got through to speak to a person after an hour and a half to find out that there was nothing available for any game at any price. Now we just have to decide if we want to pay 3 or 4 times the value of the ticket through Stub Hub or Ticket City. Thanks, Steelers.

Oh....and there's 8 pages of tickets available on ebay......nosebleed seats start at $250.

Nosebleed seats on Ebay for $250? I won an Ebay auction last year for the Ravens games at Heinz...I paid $250 each for three tickets but I was second row from the field....I sat in section 116 row B.......They were awesome seats.....

Al778416
06-23-2007, 12:18 PM
I got one for the Jaguars game in section 120 row A, has anyone been there? hos's sthe view?

SteelCityMan786
06-23-2007, 12:19 PM
My Brother Scored 4 to the Steelers/Ravens Game!!!!!!!!!!

Livinginthe past
06-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Ok so last year I was chomping at the bit to get Steelers tickets which turned out to be impossible (go figure the year after the Super Bowl). And I eventually got two tickets to a different game (which I'm thankful for) but it was close to nothing at all.

This year, the Steelers joined the computer ages and joined with Ticket Master to make tickets available to the general public via the ticket master website. This morning at approximately 10:05am, I was printing a receipt for the Monday nighter against the Miami Dolphins. :computer:

So for that I thank the Steelers Ticket Office and Ticket Master for making these games available for purchase online and with a credit card!!!!
:banana: :chicken: :cheer: :thumbsup: :sofunny: :cheers: (get the point I'm happy) :tt02: :bouncy: :tt02:

Now - time to book travel and hotel!!!!

Congrats :cheers:

Enjoy the game, man.

steelpinstripe72
06-23-2007, 02:57 PM
They need to quit selling a million tickets to brookers so real fans have a chance at getting tickets. If I hear about one more person who scored tickets that live out of town im going to puke.

Not everyone who lives outside of Pittsburgh is a broker. *wishes her parents had grabbed the tickets to the 2005 Monday-night game against the Ravens when they had the chance* :(

HometownGal
06-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Combined threads.

Stlrs4Life
06-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Congrats to the lucky ones. I think the Steelers need to revise the way they do this.

Hammer67
06-24-2007, 08:04 AM
So...I got my two tickets on Saturday. Two to the Buffalo game. Soon as I hit ticketmaster, wow, the wiat times shot up. I was hoping for two next to each other as my buddy lives in Buffalo and is coming in for the game. But, i am satisfied. Got two single seats about three or four sections away from each other. We will prbably be on the mezzanine anyway, during the game.

Hope everyone else on the waiting list had luck getting some tickets!!

:tt02:

SteelersHoss
06-24-2007, 08:34 AM
For the second year in a row I wasnt able to get any damn tickets. Im fed up with this. They need to quit selling a million tickets to brookers so real fans have a chance at getting tickets. If I hear about one more person who scored tickets that live out of town im going to puke.

Why shouldn't fans from out of town be able to get tickets??? That is what steelernation is all about, fans united from all over the world. Soo, let me get this straight, because I am a Steelers fan from Canada, I shouldn;t have access to tickets?? We all had the same chance for tickets this year, It is a hell of alot better than a stupid mail order system.
Quit whining, if I hear another person whine about not getting tickets or it not being fair, I'M GONNA PUKE

SteelCityMan786
06-24-2007, 09:49 AM
That's basically with PSU Student Tickets. The only way that students could get tickets was through ticketmaster and it was also the only way that they could ensure that everyone had a chance to get tickets. Numerous people have called that a boneheaded move. I also think it is as well. They should've opened their phone lines to help those who couldn't access a computer.

The Steelers did better then what some teams could do. They had it done by ticket master and opened phone lines for phone orders. It could have been worse.

paw-n-maul-u
06-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Why shouldn't fans from out of town be able to get tickets??? That is what steelernation is all about, fans united from all over the world. Soo, let me get this straight, because I am a Steelers fan from Canada, I shouldn;t have access to tickets?? We all had the same chance for tickets this year, It is a hell of alot better than a stupid mail order system.
Quit whining, if I hear another person whine about not getting tickets or it not being fair, I'M GONNA PUKE

as long as you only puke on yourself. The ticket system is so stupid. Absolutely SCREWS over most of the real fans trying to get tickets. hell an hour or so later after ticketmaster opens up you go on ebay and there are 10 pages of tickets from FOTHER MUCKERS who just sit online all morning, snag 2 or 4 or TWENTY tickets and sell them all for ridiculous prices on ebay. its bullshit. plain and simple. Way to go whoever had this brilliant idea.

ohhhhhh cannnnnnnaadaaaaaaaaaa ... blah blah blah blah-dy-blah.

steelpinstripe72
06-24-2007, 03:37 PM

I completely agree with this comment. I'm fracking sick and tired of people alluding to the idea that anyone who doesn't live in Pittsburgh is not a real Steelers fan. I may live in the state of New York, but like my father before me, I've been a Steelers fan longer than some people on this board have been alive.

By the by, I wasn't able to get tickets either. At least people who are actually in Pittsburgh can see the Steelers on TV every week, unlike us out-of-towners who usually get stuck scrambling for internet radio.

SteelCityMan786
06-24-2007, 03:41 PM
I completely agree with this comment. I'm fracking sick and tired of people alluding to the idea that anyone who doesn't live in Pittsburgh is not a real Steelers fan. I may live in the state of New York, but like my father before me, I've been a Steelers fan longer than some people on this board have been alive.

By the by, I wasn't able to get tickets either. At least people who are actually in Pittsburgh can see the Steelers on TV every week, unlike us out-of-towners who usually get stuck scrambling for internet radio.

or paying for Directv's NFL Sunday Ticket.

One more reason I feel thank to live in Western PA. If for any reason I can't get to a Steelers Game LIVE, then I have a guaranteed TV coverage.

steelpinstripe72
06-24-2007, 03:59 PM
or paying for Directv's NFL Sunday Ticket.

True, that. Living on a college campus, that isn't even an option for me. We have to take what they give us, which in this case is cable from Falls Earth Station. Probably just as well - I've heard people have to pay out the nose for NFL Sunday Ticket. But then, I'm one to talk. I'm paying out the nose for an on-campus apartment. :sofunny:

SteelersHoss
06-24-2007, 06:51 PM
as long as you only puke on yourself. The ticket system is so stupid. Absolutely SCREWS over most of the real fans trying to get tickets. hell an hour or so later after ticketmaster opens up you go on ebay and there are 10 pages of tickets from FOTHER MUCKERS who just sit online all morning, snag 2 or 4 or TWENTY tickets and sell them all for ridiculous prices on ebay. its bullshit. plain and simple. Way to go whoever had this brilliant idea.

ohhhhhh cannnnnnnaadaaaaaaaaaa ... blah blah blah blah-dy-blah.

I am glad to see that you know our anthem. Make's me happy.
So, tell me how the mail order sysytem was any better? It was total luck of the draw, a lottery if you will. It's 2007, if you don't have a pc by now, your SOL. Also, you could only get a max of 4 tickets for any games. I am sure that if those whiners got tickets, they be tickled happy, but they didn't, so not it is someone's fault.
By the way, do you want to buy my extra set of tickets for the home opener. You may see them on EBAY.

SteelCityMan786
06-24-2007, 06:54 PM
I am glad to see that you know our anthem. Make's me happy.
So, tell me how the mail order sysytem was any better? It was total luck of the draw, a lottery if you will. It's 2007, if you don't have a pc by now, your SOL. Also, you could only get a max of 4 tickets for any games. I am sure that if those whiners got tickets, they be tickled happy, but they didn't, so not it is someone's fault.
By the way, do you want to buy my extra set of tickets for the home opener. You may see them on EBAY.

There are probably tickets from last year still there.

stlrtruck
06-25-2007, 07:06 AM
Guys and gals - let's not turn this into a fight between us. We're all family here (right?)! And regardless if tickets went on sale via ticket master or through mail order - those tickets are always available through a ticket broker or ebay regardless of the how they were bought!

As for being outside the city of Pittsburgh and not being fan (or however it was stated). Let me set the record straight. I've never lived in Pittsburgh. I grew up 45 minutes outside of DC and Baltimore. I was told I should have either been a colts fan, redskins fan, or, god forbid, a ratbirds fan. I THANK GOD, I grew up a Steelers fan and in my most impressionable years as a child, I was able to watch Steelers football. Six years ago I moved to FL because I couldn't find a job in Pittsburgh and I had one here! Does that make me any less of a Steelers fan - NO! It's not called STEELERS NATION for no reason at all. It's because across this great land there a throbs, mobs, schools, and throngs of Steelers fan who every fall desire to "COME HOME"

So with all that in mind - let's celebrate the Steelers without trying to rip each other's heads off!

SteelCityMan786
06-25-2007, 08:32 AM
True, that. Living on a college campus, that isn't even an option for me. We have to take what they give us, which in this case is cable from Falls Earth Station. Probably just as well - I've heard people have to pay out the nose for NFL Sunday Ticket. But then, I'm one to talk. I'm paying out the nose for an on-campus apartment. :sofunny:

I feel sorry for you. :sofunny:

One nice thing for Penn State, you can see a game on the NFL Network no matter what in your dorm.

DrDangler
06-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Was in three airports and on two planes Saturday, no laptop.

Dialed from 10 am to 12:30 pm and kept gettting "All Circuits are Busy......"

Finanlly got through to the automated sytem at 12:30 pm. All tickets gone.

Old way was better.

SteelCityMan786
06-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Was in three airports and on two planes Saturday, no laptop.

Dialed from 10 am to 12:30 pm and kept gettting "All Circuits are Busy......"

Finanlly got through to the automated sytem at 12:30 pm. All tickets gone.

Old way was better.

I guess the ol Wifi service was worthless? :sofunny:

ricksteelers55
06-25-2007, 03:42 PM
I think it's not where you from,it's what you do for our beloved Pittsburgh Steelers,and as far as insulting another black n gold fan,it's not being a great fan!!! We're a family,the biggest family in sports entertainment.I agree with all of you,the ticketmaster system is crap.Been there waited 15 minutes to get nothin.But you know what ? Im still going to the game,Ill pay 350 $ per tickets if I have to,but I'll be there.

Decent Steelers Tickets on ebay: 300 $
Going to Pittsburgh for a Steelers Game: 8 hours
Cheering for the world's champion: Priceless

SteelCityMan786
06-25-2007, 03:44 PM
I think it's not where you from,it's what you do for our beloved Pittsburgh Steelers,and as far as insulting another black n gold fan,it's not being a great fan!!! We're a family,the biggest family in sports entertainment.I agree with all of you,the ticketmaster system is crap.Been there waited 15 minutes to get nothin.But you know what ? Im still going to the game,Ill pay 350 $ per tickets if I have to,but I'll be there.

Decent Steelers Tickets on ebay: 300 $
Going to Pittsburgh for a Steelers Game: 8 hours
Cheering for the world's champion: Priceless

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Manjo
06-25-2007, 04:51 PM
I scored 2 single tickets to the Bills/Steelers game. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, including being a vendor at Three Rivers during the '70s, and I now live in Rochester, New York. I'm still a huge Steelers' fan and I enjoy poking fun at all the Bills' fans up here, including my wife who's from this area.

Anyway, my two seats are in Sections 122 and 226. Anyone have two seats in similar sections? Would it make sense to swap tickets?

Mike Manjerovic (mmanjerovic@rochester.rr.com)

bigwappa
06-29-2007, 08:13 AM
I agree. A Steelers fan is a Steelers fan, no matter where they live. Steelers Nation all the way.

My only complaint with the switch to Ticketmaster is that they should've had a pre-sale for those of us who have been sitting on the waiting list for years. I took the time to get put on the waiting list, so I should have priority to get a few tickets before some knucklehead that just decided this year that it might be a good idea to go to a Steelers game. Plus, it gave equal opportunity to brokers and fans from other teams. So, don't whine and complain when you've got a bunch of Bungles fans sitting at Heinz Field this year if you like the way the Steelers dispersed the tickets. I was only able to get 2 singles to separate games.

stlrtruck
06-29-2007, 09:46 AM
I agree. A Steelers fan is a Steelers fan, no matter where they live. Steelers Nation all the way.

My only complaint with the switch to Ticketmaster is that they should've had a pre-sale for those of us who have been sitting on the waiting list for years. I took the time to get put on the waiting list, so I should have priority to get a few tickets before some knucklehead that just decided this year that it might be a good idea to go to a Steelers game. Plus, it gave equal opportunity to brokers and fans from other teams. So, don't whine and complain when you've got a bunch of Bungles fans sitting at Heinz Field this year if you like the way the Steelers dispersed the tickets. I was only able to get 2 singles to separate games.

Maybe they'll be able to iron out some problems next year and make it better for those of us on the waiting list. But hey, I guess one step at a time is better than no step at a time.

steelerchad
07-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Hammer67-
I've got 2 single tix for that game as well. If you want to share the sec #'s we may be able to swap one for one and end up closer together. I know it's a long shot.