PDA

View Full Version : Well... I got canned...

Crushzilla
06-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Well...

After years of loyal service, I've been fired from my job...

I had been working as a bartender/server at Rizzo's Malabar Inn in Crabtree PA through my college life and things just hadn't been the same since I've returned from Italy.

I had several arguments with management and things came just short of a full out war this weekend. Friday night was a bad night and I was threatened to be terminated twice in one night because of disagreements. Saturday I called off for personal reasons and was told if I didn't come in tonight I should not bother to come in ever again. So I told them I wouldn't be in.

I start my new job tomorrow outside of the food service and am very excited to work with my hands again like I did as a teenager with my dad.

I've never quit or been fired from a job before and it just doesn't feel right. It may seem that my actions were a bit juvenile, but that's the way things ran around there. I felt shorted by my bosses who I had always done everything I can for (moving off the floor to work in the kitchen for less money on Saturdays, coming in on days off, always making myself available.)

I was brought up to always listen to my boss, but man did it feel good to stick it back to them. I feel both of us are better off in the end. I had grown apathetic to the restaurant's best interests after management decided they did not want to go to bat for one of their most experienced waiters and feel I wasn't giving enough to help them run their business efficiently.

I am very excited about my new job, though, 7-3 mon-fri and look forward to weekends and nights off. Which means more Pirate games and Sundays with America's greatest francise! :helmet:

Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

SteelCityMan786
06-24-2007, 10:51 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully you find another job.

tony hipchest
06-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully you find another job.

he already did :coffee:

I start my new job tomorrow outside of the food service and am very excited to work with my hands again like I did as a teenager with my dad.

sucks to lose your job crush, but sometimes it takes that little push to move on to bigger and better things.

PisnNapalm
06-24-2007, 11:01 PM

What ya gonna be doing?

I have been fired from a job and quit from a job. Both were in food service. The one I was fired from asked way too much of a high school aged kid. They wanted me to work the graveyard shift on weekends. When I refused I was fired. No big deal. I had a new job 2 days later and worked that one for 2 years.

The job I quit from they asked me to break food handling rules. I refused. They pressured me more so I quit. I had a new job later that day.

SteelCityMan786
06-24-2007, 11:03 PM
he already did :coffee:

Brain Fart Setting in. :sofunny:

Crushzilla
06-24-2007, 11:06 PM
My college roommate does field maintenance for the baseball fields in the next town over.

He got me a job working with him. It pays surprisingly well and it will just be the two of us in the fields everyday mowing grass, tending to the infield, and painting the chalk lines. We also do some work at the local swimming pool tending to the green and doing light maintenance. Far from glamorous, but MUCH better than taking crap from hot shot lawyers who want a bowl of pasta!

Working in the sun = A-OK with me

SteelCityMan786
06-24-2007, 11:11 PM
My college roommate does field maintenance for the baseball fields in the next town over.

He got me a job working with him. It pays surprisingly well and it will just be the two of us in the fields everyday mowing grass, tending to the infield, and painting the chalk lines. We also do some work at the local swimming pool tending to the green and doing light maintenance. Far from glamorous, but MUCH better than taking crap from hot shot lawyers who want a bowl of pasta!

Working in the sun = A-OK with me

I might be getting paid to watch baseball games here soon. I just have to record the action and turn it over to a private company.

GBMelBlount
06-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Good luck crush! You WILL.......crush! When a door closes, a window opens! You did the right thing.

Bless, GB

SteelCityMan786
06-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Good Luck with your new job.

Crushzilla
06-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the support guys. I'll let you know how it went tomorrow afternoon.

SteelCityMan786
06-24-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the support guys. I'll let you know how it went tomorrow afternoon.

Anytime man. :thumbsup:

Livinginthe past
06-25-2007, 01:52 AM
C'mon Crush - I don't think you have time to start a new job and commish the SF Fantasy Football league. :wink02:

In all seriousness, I remember you mentioning the restaurant a few days back *jinx* and you'll recall I asked whether you owned it or not.

You don't sound like a guy that would be that happy mowing lawns and changing lightbulbs - still, if it makes you happy more power to ya. :thumbsup:

Maybe you could reexamine that very obvious 'talent' in lap dancing you displayed in the other thread :toofunny:

HometownGal
06-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Crush - while I've never been fired from a job, I believe that God works in mysterious ways. As was mentioned above, this may be a blessing in disguise as you spread your wings and fly so to speak. Good luck with your new job and please keep us posted! :hug:

Godfather
06-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Saturday I called off for personal reasons and was told if I didn't come in tonight I should not bother to come in ever again. So I told them I wouldn't be in.

Sounds like you quit--you didn't get canned.

Congrats on telling them to go piss up a rope.

PisnNapalm
06-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Your friends name isn't Forest Gump is it?:flap: Just messing with ya. :wink02:

SteelCityMan786
06-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Crush - while I've never been fired from a job, I believe that God works in mysterious ways. As was mentioned above, this may be a blessing in disguise as you spread your wings and fly so to speak. Good luck with your new job and please keep us posted! :hug:

Darn right hometown. I had dreams of being able to live to see the Steelers win the Super Bowl and it came true Super Bowl XL. Now, I'm just waiting for the day I can see it live(when I can either A.) afford a ticket, or B.) I can get in the media and see it.

chata30
07-10-2007, 10:06 PM
so how's the new job?

Crushzilla
07-10-2007, 10:15 PM
I forgot to check in. Sorry.

The new job is great. I work outside everyday, though the heat can be a bit much, I love being in the sun and my farmer's tan is coming in quite nicely.

I think I love tending to the ballfields the most. I ride the John Deere with the drag in the infield and set up all of the lines with the chalk. I am tending to be a perfectionist when it comes to that part, which drives my coworker nuts. I love it, though.

Basically I ride tractors all day and get to be around a quiet side of baseball, as well. It just feels like part of the game. Baseball is such a traditional sport and it kind of cheesy, but I love being a part of it.

The other day I was driving the John Deere down the street doing from ballfield to ballfield. A little boy was standing in his front yard with his mom staring at me as I came by. He had the biggest smile on his face, little kids seem to love tractors, I just tipped my Pirates cap and gave him a smile. He was really excited.

I read in "Men of Steel" the other day that Lambert is into tending to baseball fields these days...

How can I dislike this job? Its rough being up at 6:00 every morning, but the labor has done wonders for my insomnia. Its 10:15 right now. Almost bed time at Ryan's house...

Thanks again for your support guys. I'm a happy camper.

MasterOfPuppets
07-10-2007, 10:58 PM
A little boy was standing in his front yard with his mom staring at me as I came by. He had the biggest smile on his face, little kids seem to love tractors,

and his mom thinks your tractors sexy.....:toofunny: