PDA

View Full Version : CHRIS BENOIT DEAD

Sith Lord
06-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Awful news, OMG terrible cant even speak.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitdead

Aussie_steeler
06-25-2007, 07:13 PM
We have lost some good ones lately. This is a big loss. He will be missed.

Not many guys put on the same quality of show that the Rabid Wolverine continually gave us.

Early press reports dont read to well with all being found dead. I hope this doesnt pan out the way it is initially looking

The Duke
06-25-2007, 07:24 PM
This is terrible news

tony hipchest
06-25-2007, 07:29 PM
im not a die hard fan, but my fiancee and i had an agreement. she would watch football and racing with me, and i would watch wrastlin' with her. ive seen many of the episodes and pay per views where both benoit and guerrero were on top. i liked benoit, and guerrero was a local el paso favorite. thats too bad. with the whole family dead it definitely doesnt look good.

i hope it doesnt turn into a case of a bunch of kids "hero" snapping.

PisnNapalm
06-25-2007, 07:43 PM
OH NOES!! Everyone panic!

PAMillerGrrl83
06-25-2007, 08:09 PM
^^Dude seriousley. A whole family *regardless if their famous or not its sad* I feel really bad for the entire Benoit family. His wife and his young son and his other kids. May they rest in peace.

PisnNapalm
06-25-2007, 08:34 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-070620vaughn,1,482784.story?coll=chi-news-hed

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20070619-2253-ca-bodiesfound.html

http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=3564894&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Hmmm.... A one minute search turned up those three stories from the last week or so. Gotta love it when a celebrity gets offed. The whole world stands to take notice.

I honestly can say I don't care. I never watched him on tv. I don't know him or his family. They have no impact on my life at all. Now... When Paris Hilton is released from prison I'll be glued to the tv. :dang:

Let the Cris Benoit tributes begin flooding Youtube.

MACH1
06-25-2007, 08:39 PM
That sucks, anyone know what happened?

PisnNapalm
06-25-2007, 08:41 PM
That sucks, anyone know what happened?

Yeah... At some point they all died. Start reading... http://news.google.com/nwshp?tab=wn&ncl=1117585706&hl=en

MACH1
06-25-2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah... At some point they all died. Start reading... http://news.google.com/nwshp?tab=wn&ncl=1117585706&hl=en

Dude,

fansince'76
06-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Please guys, chill - OK? Thanks.

PisnNapalm
06-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Well.. You know as much as anyone at this point. It's not like the police are gonna put photos up on the interwebtubenet for the world to see.

Nevermind... (long winded rant removed)

http://www.bomberboys.com/Smilies/dontcare.gif

MACH1
06-25-2007, 09:02 PM
I just got off work and was asking if they were murdered or some kind of accident.

PisnNapalm
06-25-2007, 09:06 PM
I just got off work and was asking if they were murdered or some kind of accident.

Oh... I did not know you just got off work. Next time I'll read all the news stories for the day and then give you the Cliff's Notes version on the forums. http://www.bomberboys.com/Smilies/dry.gif

Don't mind me... I've been stuck at home with the kids all day. Both have managed to get their keisters grounded. happy happy joy joy I need laid.

Aussie_steeler
06-25-2007, 09:07 PM
No need to take a pounding on this issue PisnNapalm.

I respect your opinion as always, just this time I dont agree with it.

We reflect on things and then move on.

PisnNapalm
06-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Okie dokie... Moving on... http://www.bomberboys.com/Smilies/walk.gif

Time for a scotch.

SteelCityMan786
06-25-2007, 09:14 PM
I never paid attention to wrestling that much, but it is a pity any time someone dies. May he RIP and prayers to the surviving family members.

TackleMeBen
06-25-2007, 09:15 PM
well at least we know vince isnt really dead like they had been claiming. you would think he wouldnt do a storyline like that .... b/c you never know when someone really is going to die.

SteelCityMan786
06-25-2007, 09:17 PM
well at least we know vince isnt really dead like they had been claiming. you would think he wouldnt do a storyline like that .... b/c you never know when someone really is going to die.

That's for sure. You can only predict what goes on.

Aussie_steeler
06-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Cheers

http://www.spirituosen-superbillig.de/glenfiddich/glenfiddich12.JPG

TackleMeBen
06-25-2007, 09:21 PM
i am wondering if something was going on personally and maybe he killed his family and then himself. you would think someone like that would have a hi-tech security system in their home, which makes me believe it wasnt a robbery.

tony hipchest
06-25-2007, 09:32 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/more/06/25/wrestler.dead.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

another article i read said that benoit pulled out of sundays pay per view match because of a "family emergency". when WWE people werent able to reach him, they were the ones who alerted police to search his home. it seems like those who worked with him seemed concerned something wrong may be going on. for whatever thats worth....

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) -- WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a homicide.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

Pope said results of autopsies on Benoit, his wife Nancy, and 7-year-old son Daniel were expected Tuesday.

Benoit, 40, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the federation said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

Benoit, a Canadian native, maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

PisnNapalm
06-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Maybe he was too lazy to use the security system?

EDIT:: Hmmm the above post came in right before I posted.... Perhaps there was a family issue. http://www.bomberboys.com/Smilies/think.gif

TackleMeBen
06-25-2007, 09:38 PM
maybe there was. then maybe a family member killed them. either way it sucks, b/c he was a good wrestler.

Aussie_steeler
06-25-2007, 10:01 PM
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html
http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=11876

stories upgraded to a murder - suicide

TackleMeBen
06-25-2007, 10:08 PM
this is terrible for his other two children.

tony hipchest
06-25-2007, 10:09 PM
maybe there was. then maybe a family member killed them. either way it sucks, b/c he was a good wrestler.
i told my fiancee about this based on the WWE link i read in this thread and she didnt quite believe that it wasnt a typical WWE stunt, so i told her to google it and she read several things from legitimate newsites to me that make me wonder:

the only info that the police released was that they were not killed by gunfire, and something about possible carbon monoxide poisonning.

like i said, i hope for his fans and family he didnt "snap", but thats what it looks like to me with limited information. (im thinkingt he found out his wife was cheating on him and he went overboard but thats just speculation at this point)

PisnNapalm
06-25-2007, 10:12 PM
More speculation... Perhaps his wife found out he was cheating on her while he's away at the Smackdown Raw Vengeance dohickey. Maybe she snapped.

TackleMeBen
06-25-2007, 10:13 PM
i told my fiancee about this based on the WWE link i read in this thread and she didnt quite believe that it wasnt a typical WWE stunt, so i told her to google it and she read several things from legitimate newsites to me that make me wonder:

the only info that the police released was that they were not killed by gunfire, and something about possible carbon monoxide poisonning.

like i said, i hope for his fans and family he didnt "snap", but thats what it looks like to me with limited information. (im thinkingt he found out his wife was cheating on him and he went overboard but thats just speculation at this point)

very good points tony. but you know for some reason it seems that athletes tend to snap more than others. or maybe she did it, and not him. maybe he was cheating on her and she found out. but as you said its all speculation.

Petesburgh66
06-25-2007, 11:18 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=3315501&page=1

Police are treating this as a "possible double murder, suicide". WWE has reported this on their site as well.

Damn it. Chris was one of my favorite wrestlers and the only one besides Angle worth watching today. I don't want to speculate on what happened until all the facts are in but man...if Chris did do this, I have lost all respect for him.

tony hipchest
06-25-2007, 11:32 PM
very good points tony. but you know for some reason it seems that athletes tend to snap more than others. or maybe she did it, and not him. maybe he was cheating on her and she found out. but as you said its all speculation.atheletes are more prone to suffer from "roid rage" other than non atheletes that dont do roids. i though about the possibility of her doing it like phil hartmans wife but in cases like these it is more often the man who is willing to take the life of his child as opposed to the mother. scott peterson and the recent cop in ohio come to mind.

as a wrestler i always looked at benoit as one of the genuine, non actor "good guys". sometimes appearance doesnt matter though.

i tell you what, if it were hulk hogan, i wouldnt know what to think.

Preacher
06-26-2007, 12:56 AM
I consider this no worse... or no less sad... then when any other family has a multiple homicide/possible suicide.

It is sad.

But the fact he was a wrestler... I could care less.

Like Ben.. when he had his accident.. I was worried, not for my QB, for a human being.

stlrtruck
06-26-2007, 07:43 AM
I pay my respect to the Benoit Family for their loss. However, the one thing that I have a huge problem with is this:

Every day American Soldiers are dying for freedom's sake. And yet barely anyone has lifted a finger to type a thread about that. Men and Women, some barely old enough to drink scotch or not old enough at all, are putting their lives on the line for US!!

So may God Bless the Benoit Family but I pray for extra blessings upon the families of our soldiers - for it is they who truly sacrifice!!!

83-Steelers-43
06-26-2007, 01:07 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and son. He can burn in hell for all I care. I'm sure the combination of steroids and cocaine which half of these idiots are on in the first place fueled this situation.

Petesburgh66
06-26-2007, 02:20 PM
Chris Benoit killed them.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html

This is so sicking. To take the lives of others that are weaker than you is inexcusable.

And I don't buy the excuse of roid rage here.

Crushzilla
06-26-2007, 02:21 PM
I pay my respect to the Benoit Family for their loss. However, the one thing that I have a huge problem with is this:

Every day American Soldiers are dying for freedom's sake. And yet barely anyone has lifted a finger to type a thread about that. Men and Women, some barely old enough to drink scotch or not old enough at all, are putting their lives on the line for US!!

So may God Bless the Benoit Family but I pray for extra blessings upon the families of our soldiers - for it is they who truly sacrifice!!!

Real heroes.

Not heroes with scripts...

Anyway it is looking like this is true. Looks like the Crippler finally snapped.

EDIT:

The couple and their 7-year-old son were found dead Monday in their home on Green Meadow Lane just east of Peachtree City. Nancy Benoit and her son, Daniel, were killed during the weekend and Benoit died Monday, police said.

That sums up how sick he is right there. He was living in the house for at least a day with his dead family. Glad to be rid of such a sick... I'll censor myself.

Au Revoir, Benoit. You can do all the flying headbutts you want in hell.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Who knows what pain killers he was taking also.....As a wrestler with the physical abuse they put their bodies through with jumping off steel cages and other things like that they put their bodies through alot....If he was taking oxy cotton that stuff can make you act crazy....I know from personal experience from taking oxy cotton what it can do....Combine that with the roids and no wonder why Chris wasn't himself......Just terrible and sad........

tony hipchest
06-26-2007, 02:50 PM
pretty sick. i cant imagine what he did in that house for a full day after he killed them. probably tried to think of a way to "O.J." his way out of it. unlike orenthal he atleast had the decency to put a noose around his neck.

of course this sucks for the family and friend, but i feel for the poor kids who looked up to this guy. say what you want about wrestling, but when i was a kid it was all about the steelers and oj simpson who i looked up to. you just dont expect your "heros" to flip.

while the firefighters, cops, teachers, doctors, and soldiers are the true heros, americans have always been enamoured with a murder mystery. this story will get a few days of pub and then be forgotten. look how quick the buzz of the va tech shooter disappeared.

ChronoCross
06-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Roids does the body harm. Maybe his wife complained about his shrinkage and he blew a gasket. All they do is roid up in the fake wrestling world. Anyone who does drugs I feel nothing for, they get what they deserve, but I do feel bad for the wife and kid. Prayers to them two.

Edman
06-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Expect some demons to do some Crippler Crossfaces on Mr. Benoit in Hell. I feel bad for his wife and son. RIP.

I got sick of wrestling the moment WWF became the WWE. It just became a gimmick and a joke. Gone are the glory days the 80's and 90's.

Atlanta Dan
06-26-2007, 04:33 PM
This is a tragic story but the wall to wall "news" media coverage of these tragic deaths of otherwise unknown people is sickening.

As you might imagine, this is getting huge play in ATL since Benoit lived in Fayette County southwest of Atlanta. It also is the lead story on the CNN web site and I assume is the feature attraction on FOX, MSNBC, and CNN today.

Of course, 999 out of 1000 people could not have told you yesterday this time who Chris Benoit was anymore than they could have told you prior to this past weekend where in Ohio the town in which the poor woman was murdered and dumped in a pond was located.

Nevertheless these tragic events become "breaking news." Modern TV news is nothing more than rubbernecking at accident sites - the gorier the better since if it bleeds it leads. This anything to make a buck attitiude is revolting, but since a significant number of viewers cannot get enough of this dreck I guess it will continue to get ladled up 24-7.

Wonder whether Nancy Grace or Geraldo gets to interview Vince McMahon about this tonight while Larry King rests up for his big interview with Paris Hilton tomorrow night?

LambertIsGod58
06-26-2007, 04:57 PM
I apologize in advance, I did not read all the posts in this thread. But, something has to be done with this form of entertainment. A distinct pattern seems to be forming. And those of are just the ones of which we know about. I think Vince McMahon needs to start answering some very difficult questions.

revefsreleets
06-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Not to fan the flames, and, believe me, I'm sensitive to the media hype since I live not all that far from where they found Jessie Davis' body this weekend (The pregnant lady who was killed by her cop boyfriend in Ohio), but I heard that there were some undisclosed details about the Benoit case that were going to be really explosive. Rumors of heroin use, and that this was possible an execution of his family because of debts or something to that effect. I'm not a National Enquirer reader or conspiracy nut, and I didn't even watch or like wrestling, just passing on something I heard on a radio show. I think a lot of it stems from the fact that strangling family members is an extremely personal way to kill someone that close, especially a son or daughter, and it's tough to fit this in with someone other than a true psychopath.

lilyoder6
06-26-2007, 08:14 PM
i don't think it was an execution of his family b/c he still has a son and daughter out there.. and the toxication report hasn't been completed yet so no one knows what he could have had in his blood. but it's a sad thing that happened.

verks36
06-26-2007, 08:19 PM
He was on roids and they said he had a riod rage strangled his wife suffecated his kid and hanged himself using sometime of wieghtrd pulley system

That is just screwed up

revefsreleets
06-26-2007, 08:24 PM
I work out almost every day, but I would never do roids. I saw friends freak out over almost nothing in HS, and I guess I could see how someone who abused them over lots of years could get really bad. I also saw how big those dudes got, the same guys that were smaller and weaker than me got big and strong FAST. I guess I can understand how someone might use those things, but it wasn't that important to me.

Nonetheless, I'll pay more attention to this case than I otherwise would just to see.

Blitzburgh
06-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Any man, regardless of what he may or may not have been on, that takes the life of his loving wife and precious little children with full lives ahead of them is a vile and worthless POS in my book . Sorry I'm not as kind as some of the apologists that will try to make excuses for him.

PAMillerGrrl83
06-26-2007, 08:48 PM
He was on roids and they said he had a riod rage strangled his wife suffecated his kid and hanged himself using sometime of wieghtrd pulley system

That is just screwed up

No, actually they dont know that it was roid rage, it hasnt been proven yet. It doesnt matter it makes me sick to my stomach.

verks36
06-26-2007, 09:06 PM
No, actually they dont know that it was roid rage, it hasnt been proven yet. It doesnt matter it makes me sick to my stomach.

Your right my bad it says may have suspected riod rage

any how riod were found in his house
and i dont think any straight thinking man would do that

Petesburgh66
06-26-2007, 09:56 PM
I am not buying the roid rage excuse here as there is a history of domestic problems being uncovered between Chris and Nancy.

Plus people can and have snapped without the use of drugs. In the end, I don't think anybody will figure out Chris's motive here.

tony hipchest
06-26-2007, 10:06 PM
roid rage is true and proven. 2 people were killed by their father/husband.

1 + 1 = 2

of course not everybody on roids kills their family or all WWE stars would be dead or locked up, so i wont blame steroids i will blame the dude who strapped a garbage bag on his sons head and the same guy who tied a cord around his wifes neck.

roids definitely didnt act like a calming substance though. its not like they are qualudes or valium....

Petesburgh66
06-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Tony, I know roid rage exists.

In this case, it's to early to pin this as the the sole reason. Major depression is usually the cause of these tragedies.

TackleMeBen
06-26-2007, 10:29 PM
it was said that back in 05 i believe that she filed for divorce and got a restraining order taken out on him. so she had to know that he was capable of doing something bad. why she backed off the restraining order is another question or why she didnt go thru with the divorce.

you know his first wife has to be thinking, thank god it wasnt me and my kids.

vince says he has a no drug policy in the WWE. now whether that is true or not is a whole another topic.

CantStop85
06-26-2007, 10:36 PM
How ironic that this comes on the heels of the WWE staging Vince McMahon's death. I doubt they'll be doing any more of those.

Anyway, the majority of professional wrestlers are bound to end up crazy (or dead) after so long due to all the steroids, pain killers, stress, beatings, etc...I'm surprised it's never been really addressed before.

GBMelBlount
06-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Tony, I know roid rage exists.

In this case, it's to early to pin this as the the sole reason. Major depression is usually the cause of these tragedies.

Yeah but that's because 1000x more people suffer from depression than take roids. Looking at the guy physically & his profession.... this raises more roid questions than if he was a computer programmer. Again, not saying that's what happened. Still a tradgedy. Bless his family.

Petesburgh66
06-26-2007, 10:45 PM
WWE has a wellness policy in place and they claim they do drug testing. But for what is the question?

And Vince has had no interest in doing serious drug testing as it's expensive and hence would come from his bottom line.

TackleMeBen
06-26-2007, 10:50 PM
WWE has a wellness policy in place and they claim they do drug testing. But for what is the question?

And Vince has had no interest in doing serious drug testing as it's expensive and hence would come from his bottom line.

until the gov't gets involved in it again. then he will be doing some major testing..lol..

GBMelBlount
06-26-2007, 10:50 PM

I am not a big WWE guy, that is interesting.

MACH1
06-26-2007, 11:32 PM
roid rage is true and proven. 2 people were killed by their father/husband.

1 + 1 = 2

of course not everybody on roids kills their family or all WWE stars would be dead or locked up, so i wont blame steroids i will blame the dude who strapped a garbage bag on his sons head and the same guy who tied a cord around his wifes neck.

roids definitely didnt act like a calming substance though. its not like they are qualudes or valium....

^^^ Nice avatar.:smile:

Roid rage doesn't last for three days straight either. Not saying it didn't play a part in it. But this could also go along the lines of some post concussion symptoms not unlike ex-football players are experiencing, head injuries. Even tho its fake they're bodies do take a beating.

tony hipchest
06-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Anyway, the majority of professional wrestlers are bound to end up crazy (or dead) after so long due to all the steroids, pain killers, stress, beatings, etc...I'm surprised it's never been really addressed before.the nfl is dragging its feet on addressing such problems. sad to thing the WWE may eventually prove to be ahead of the curve....

after all the nfl has been around for much longer than scripted entertainment wrasslin.

Petesburgh66
06-27-2007, 12:01 AM
until the gov't gets involved in it again. then he will be doing some major testing..lol..

For some reason, your government is still on the MLB witch hunt. I think it's time to move on and implement something to covers all businesses, including wrestling. .

What could have been going through Chris's head...still not an excuse IMO though for what he did.

http://www.news1130.com/news/topstory/article.jsp?content=20070626_212836_4500

Delta woman says wrestler Chris Benoit had a son with Fragile X syndrome

Tuesday, June 26 - 06:28:36 PM
Katharine Kitts

DELTA (NEWS1130) - We may never know the reasons behind Chris Benoit's decision to take the life of his wife, young son and himself. However, a Delta woman, who was in contact with the Canadian wrestler a few years ago, said she might have some insight into the family. Pam Winthrope said Benoit's son had a genetic condition called Fragile X syndrome. Winthrope said she has experienced the condition first hand and knows how it can tear a family apart.

Fragile X syndrome is an inherited mental impairment. Pam's 12-year-old son has the condition and she said in an effort to shed light on the syndrome, her husband called Chris Benoit about five years ago.

She said, "We talked to him because I was trying to set up a support group in BC and in Canada, we only have a couple of them. My husband was struggling when we got diagnosed with our son, and Chris was struggling with his. They talked for a few minutes and then he said he didn't want to be a public face for Fragile X, he just wanted to keep it really, really quiet."

Winthrope said she couldn't believe the news that Benoit had taken his life along with his wife and 7-year-old son. She added that families can be torn apart by the disease because it's very difficult to find help and support. She said, "You as a parent have to go out there and find what's available and it's not easy --they don't tell you."

Authorities offered no motive for the killings, which were spread out over a weekend, and would not discuss Benoit’s state of mind.

Buzz05
06-27-2007, 07:16 AM
Im not sure if this was reported on here or not. But I heard on the radio this morning that the sherriffs office found needle marks in his sons arms from HGH and he was always complaining to fellow wrestlers about how small his son was...now that is messed up.

Between the needle marks and putting the Bibles next to his son and wife...Benoit had some serious mental issues that sadly enough were never discovered or worked out.

lilyoder6
06-27-2007, 09:36 AM
i wouldn't believe half the shit the media says right now.. tues morning at 6:30 b4 i went to school to work out for football the media said that he stabbed his wife, a day later stabbed his son and then himself.. then at noonish the same day cnn said that he strangled his wife, smothered his son and then hunged himself in his weight room... and thats the first time i heard that his son had puncture marks on his arm..

also off topic here but uh.. ppl who get big quick doesn't alwasy mean steroids.. ppl just take protein shakes or protein bars which help you rebuild muscle faster..

MACH1
06-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Im not sure if this was reported on here or not. But I heard on the radio this morning that the sherriffs office found needle marks in his sons arms from HGH and he was always complaining to fellow wrestlers about how small his son was...now that is messed up.

Between the needle marks and putting the Bibles next to his son and wife...Benoit had some serious mental issues that sadly enough were never discovered or worked out.

His son was born with 'Fragile X syndrome' and the steroids were prescription. Maybe the roids were the kids.?

TackleMeBen
06-27-2007, 12:27 PM
well unfortunely we will never know what really went on. its very sad when something like this happens no matter if its a professional athlete or your everyday person.

Sith Lord
06-27-2007, 08:01 PM
His son was born with 'Fragile X syndrome' and the steroids were prescription. Maybe the roids were the kids.?

They have nothing to do with each other.

83-Steelers-43
08-14-2007, 09:32 AM
And another one under the age of 50 drops over.....

WWE: Wrestler Brian 'Crush' Adams Found Dead
Monday, August 13, 2007

TAMPA, Fla. — Former pro wrestling champion Brian "Crush" Adams died Monday after he was found unconscious in his home. He was 44.

He showed no visible signs of injury and foul play was not suspected, police spokeswoman Janelle McGregor said. Authorities were awaiting autopsy results from the medical examiner before proceeding with their investigation.

Adams' wife, who was not identified, found her husband not breathing and called 911 about 11 a.m. Fire Rescue workers later pronounced him dead, McGregor said.

Adams, a former world tag team champion, last performed for the World Wrestling Federation in 2001 and served intermittently on the roster beginning in 1990, World Wrestling Entertainment said. WWE spokesman George Cabico had no further comment.

Adams death comes less than two months after pro wrestler Chris Benoit killed his wife and son before hanging himself on the cable of a weight machine in his Georgia home. Prescription anabolic steroids were found in the family's home, raising questions about whether the drugs played a role in the killings.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293152,00.html

tony hipchest
08-14-2007, 10:16 AM
maybe wrestling is a good career choice for pac man jones.

(...now thats just mean)

BlacknGold76
08-14-2007, 06:09 PM
And another one under the age of 50 drops over.....

WWE: Wrestler Brian 'Crush' Adams Found Dead
Monday, August 13, 2007

TAMPA, Fla. ? Former pro wrestling champion Brian "Crush" Adams died Monday after he was found unconscious in his home. He was 44.

He showed no visible signs of injury and foul play was not suspected, police spokeswoman Janelle McGregor said. Authorities were awaiting autopsy results from the medical examiner before proceeding with their investigation.

Adams' wife, who was not identified, found her husband not breathing and called 911 about 11 a.m. Fire Rescue workers later pronounced him dead, McGregor said.

Adams, a former world tag team champion, last performed for the World Wrestling Federation in 2001 and served intermittently on the roster beginning in 1990, World Wrestling Entertainment said. WWE spokesman George Cabico had no further comment.

Adams death comes less than two months after pro wrestler Chris Benoit killed his wife and son before hanging himself on the cable of a weight machine in his Georgia home. Prescription anabolic steroids were found in the family's home, raising questions about whether the drugs played a role in the killings.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293152,00.html

Sad, sad, sad. Until something is done to clean up professional wrestling these sad tragic tales of professional wrestlers dieing before the age of 50 will continue. Needlessly.