PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger shares insight at W&M

tony hipchest
06-27-2007, 02:19 PM
its time for bens weekly discussion about cowher :chuckle: :

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-now-steelers.jn26,0,1348710.story?coll=dp-sports-local

QB looks forward to a fresh start under Denbigh graduate Mike Tomlin.
BY DAVE FAIRBANK
247-4637
June 27, 2007
WILLIAMSBURG -- Ben Roethlisberger has a message for Pittsburgh Steelers fans who viewed last season as cause to take a header off of the Alcoa Building: Relax.

Don't misunderstand. The Steelers' quarterback wasn't happy with 8-8 and missing the playoffs, either. But 2006 wasn't the disaster, he said, that some Seven Hills devotees would have you believe.

"In my book, it's unsatisfactory for me because I want to be the best and I, obviously, want to win another Super Bowl," Roethlisberger said Tuesday at William and Mary's annual Colonial All-Pro Football Camp.

"But it wasn't a complete failure," he said. "It wasn't like we didn't win any games or something like that. It's the expectations, because of the first two years that I had, and there's also the expectations of Steeler fans. We've got so many fans around the country and they want us to win the Super Bowl every year."

Roethlisberger said that Hall of Famers Dan Marino and Jim Kelly -- Pittsburgh guys who know a thing or two about success and failure -- told him that there won't be touchdowns and parades every year.

They told him, he said, "Don't let anybody get you down, because you'll probably have a losing season, and I haven't even had one yet. There's going to be another bad season somewhere along the way. Hopefully, there's not many of them, but there's going to be some. So it's just something that you take into consideration."

Roethlisberger understands that he helped create some of the expectations. He won his first 13 starts as a rookie in 2004 and the Steelers won 27 of his first 31 games as the starter.

The former Miami of Ohio star was the youngest quarterback to win a Super Bowl, and he went to the AFC Championship game each of his first two years.

But coming off of the Steelers' fifth Super Bowl victory in 2006, Roethlisberger was involved in a near-fatal motorcycle accident last June. He had an emergency appendectomy the first week of the season. He suffered a concussion last October.

Last season, the Steelers got off to a 2-6 start. Roethlisberger threw seven interceptions before his first touchdown pass.

Although his passing yardage was up from his first two years -- 3,513 yards, compared with 2,385 the Super Bowl season -- he threw more interceptions (23) than touchdowns (18). His completion percentage was down several points, and his quarterback rating (75.4) was 23 points lower than each of his first two seasons.

As Roethlisberger prepares for his fourth NFL season, he and the Steelers embark on a new era, under head coach Mike Tomlin. The 35-year-old Newport News native is just the franchise's third head coach in the past 38 years, following Bill Cowher and the legendary Chuck Noll.

"I think Coach Tomlin is a good change for us :twocents:," Roethlisberger said. "People always worry that change is bad :twocents:. Well, I don't think change is bad in this instance. :twocents: I think that Coach Tomlin is a good guy. He's really going to work hard. He's got a lot of enthusiasm, a lot of excitement. :danceshout: I think that's good for us."

Tomlin was the surprise choice last January after Cowher resigned at the end of the season. Five months later, Roethlisberger bounced around the same Zable Stadium field where Tomlin starred as a William and Mary wide receiver 13 years earlier.

"From what I've seen so far -- I know it's early, we know the bullets haven't started flying yet :m16:-- so far he kind of has more fun," Roethlisberger said, comparing the two men. "He seems to smile a lot more than Coach Cowher did. :smile: Obviously Cowher had the reputation of being 'The Chin' and 'The Frown' and the scary guy all the time.:pissed:

"But what I like best, and what a lot of guys do, is that he's (Tomlin) around. You see him around the offense :eye:, you see him with the quarterbacks :eye:, you see him with the tight ends :eye:, you see him with everybody :eye: and not just the defense :jawdrop:, and I think that's important for everybody to see. :eye:"

:popcorn: good article. bens head is in a much better place this season and he definitely doesnt seem to be lacking any confidence form last season. and it is good to know he likes the new coach. lol

fansince'76
06-27-2007, 02:23 PM
And a little bit of :stirthepot: for good measure. :chuckle:

onthebus36
06-27-2007, 03:11 PM
One thing I was unclear on is if Ben made the chin and frown comment or that was the writer. I didn't see a quote at the end of the sentence.

I too am glad the players are liking the new coach. I just hope they respect him as well! (And I think they do)

Black@Gold Forever32
06-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Nice article and I don't think he is taking shot at Cowher at all...I think he is just commenting that he likes Coach Tomlin so far and noticing the differences between Cowher/Tomlin....

83-Steelers-43
06-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Good job Ben!!! :thumbsup:

I love you!!! :cheer:

One time, I had a weally, weally, weally mean football coach in highschool who never smiled or treated me the way I was suppose to be treated and I told my daddy on him. Then we got a new football coach who smiled all the time. He even brought us to McDonalds after the games and got us all Happy Meals!!!

http://www.comedycentral.com/images/shows/crankyankers/characters/cy_specialed_m4.jpg "IT WAS GREAT LADY!!! YAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!"

tony hipchest
06-27-2007, 06:12 PM
^^^^^lol^^^^^

One thing I was unclear on is if Ben made the chin and frown comment or that was the writer. I didn't see a quote at the end of the sentence.

I too am glad the players are liking the new coach. I just hope they respect him as well! (And I think they do)i musta deleted a quotation mark cause NFL channels "total access" just opened the show with bens comments and he definitely said it.

the offense is filled with alot of young potential stars and i think its good theyre receiving so much attention from the head coach. ive always believed a great head coach is involved in all aspects of the game. i think thats something that has made belichick so successful, and the transition easier when the patriots lost coordinators such as crennell, weiss, and mangina.

we never really heard much about cowhers coaching style. i just accepted that he was good. at times i thought he micromanaged too much and at other times i wondered if he delegated too much. tomlins style seems to bee pretty much on the table, although i dont think hes doing too much of stepping on lebeaus toes. bens commentary is providing some good insight.

83-Steelers-43
06-27-2007, 06:15 PM
ive always believed a great head coach is involved in all aspects of the game. i think thats something that has made belichick so successful, and the transition easier when the patriots lost coordinators such as crennell, weiss, and mangina.

And he must always have a smile on his face even if it means slipping high doses of LSD in his gatorade. That's key. Here's a perfect example, Chuck Noll was always smiling and was always willing to stroke big ego's in order to keep his player content.

One time, Jack Lambert was crying on the sidelines during practice because he hurt his thumb....or was it his toe? Anyways, Chuck went up to him, told him to take the week off and sent him a box of chocolates and a get well card. That's what made Chuck Noll a great HC in my book. :banana:

tony hipchest
06-27-2007, 06:26 PM
And he must always have a smile on his face even if it means slipping high doses of LSD in his gatorade. That's key. Here's a perfect example, Chuck Noll was always smiling and was always willing to stroke big ego's in order to keep his player content.

One time, Jack Lambert was crying on the sidelines during practice because he hurt his thumb....or was it his toe? Anyways, Chuck went up to him, told him to take the week off and sent him a box of chocolates and a get well card.i hope these players dont get a false sense of security from "smilin mike". i have a feeling hes just chomping at the bit to drop the hammer on these players ass if they start screwing up and losing games.

he just strikes me as someone who can be nice and sweet without pads in the early stages, but once these players start f- ing up, and making him look bad, and costing games, he will turn into one mean mutha------.

i think tomlin has done a pretty good job warning the team that camp wont be all fun and games, farts and giggles. these players better buy in...(which i think they are). whats suprising is the youngsters seem to be buying in quicker than the vets.

i wonder if thats because theyre "young, dumb, full of come", and the veterans realize this is just the "calm before the storm".

83-Steelers-43
06-27-2007, 06:29 PM
i hope these players dont get a false sense of security from "smilin mike". i have a feeling hes just chomping at the bit to drop the hammer on these players ass if they start screwing up and losing games.

he just strikes me as someone who can be nice and sweet without pads in the early stages, but once these players start f- ing up, and making him look bad, and costing games, he will turn into one mean mutha------.

i think tomlin has done a pretty good job warning the team that camp wont be all fun and games, farts and giggles. these players better buy in...(which i think they are). whats suprising is the youngsters seem to be buying in quicker than the vets.

i wonder if thats because theyre "young, dumb, full of come", and the veterans realize this is just the "calm before the storm".

Tony...and this is just my opinion, I think Mr. Tomlin definately has a mean streak in him. Going by his comments last month(?) I don't see him putting up with any B.S. no matter how much a player is kissing his culo at this point in time.

They can get a false sense of security if they would like, but I have a feeling they will learn the hard way. As I've stated already, the guy has said and done all the right things up to this point and I'm definately pumped to see him come regular season.

83-Steelers-43
06-27-2007, 06:38 PM
What's your impression of the guy Tony?

tony hipchest
06-27-2007, 07:11 PM
What's your impression of the guy Tony?a few weeks ago, i heard an interview with junior seau where he talked about what made belichick so great. he said he does a great job of "humbling all the guys" and he "is a great teacher". 2 of the finest qualities of tomlin.

when he complimented the team chemistry and how hard the guys work, at the break of minicamps i thought i was reading a cowher quote. when i hear the players talk of him (especially ex players such as john lynch) i think theyre talking about dungy.

he was an offensive player who became a defensive coach. could he possibly be able to understand both sides of the ball like tom landry? he seems to have the organizational skills of a dom capers and a healthy obsessiveness of a jon gruden.

when he was 1st hired he made a comment to the tune of "what you see is what you get" and you will see the same thing from me now as you will in january. i didnt catch it during the initial press conference but it stood out when i read the transcripts. he was pretty much saying they will be there in the playoffs this season. losing is not an option with this guy.

i hate to say how high i am with him, because of course its gonna look like blind homerism and wishfull thinking. but i feel better than i ever have going into a season, and i really think (as long as the rooneys treat him fairly) he will have a longer and better career than cowher. i dont see making the afcc game so many times at home and losing.

i really wanted grimm or whiz to get the job, but i can honestly say i wouldnt be as excited and confident of the direction the team is heading as i am with tomlin in charge. i think he's gonna suprise some people...

83-Steelers-43
06-27-2007, 07:21 PM
but i feel better than i ever have going into a season, and i really think (as long as the rooneys treat him fairly) he will have a longer and better career than cowher. i dont see making the afcc game so many times at home and losing.

Wow Tony, very bold statement. IMO, I think he might struggle in his first season here. Let me restate that, I think the players will struggle the first year with Tomlin as their new HC. On top of the learning curve I still feel we have some needs on this team. Obviously I hope I'm very wrong, but eitherway I will definately give the guy the time needed in this city and I'm definately looking forward to this season just as much as the next fan.

i really wanted grimm or whiz to get the job, but i can honestly say i wouldnt be as excited and confident of the direction the team is heading as i am with tomlin in charge. i think he's gonna suprise some people...

I personally thought Whiz was going to get the job at first after seeing what he did with Ben during his first two seasons in the league and being accustomed to the offense. But I wanted somebody from outside the organization because I feel anytime a team get's a new HC it's better they go outside the organization. I'm definately with you in that I like the direction the team is heading but I just feel it's going to take some time (a full season) before it starts showing. I'm sure that's not the 'popular' opinion, but I'm not trying to win a popularity contest and I think that will be case this season. Here's to hoping I'm dead wrong which I probably am. :cheers:

tony hipchest
06-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Wow Tony, very bold statement. IMO, I think he might struggle in his first season here. Let me restate that, I think the players will struggle the first year with Tomlin as their new HC. On top of the learning curve I still feel we have some needs on this team. Obviously I hope I'm very wrong, but eitherway I will definately give the guy the time needed in this city and I'm definately looking forward to this season just as much as the next fan.

I personally thought Whiz was going to get the job at first after seeing what he did with Ben during his first two seasons in the league and being accustomed to the offense. But I wanted somebody from outside the organization because I feel anytime a team get's a new HC it's better they go outside the organization. I'm definately with you in that I like the direction the team is heading but I just feel it's going to take some time (a full season) before it starts showing. I'm sure that's not the 'popular' opinion, but I'm not trying to win a popularity contest and I think that will be case this season. Here's to hoping I'm dead wrong which I probably am. :cheers:i think tomlin is stepping into the perfect situation that is going to help make his job easier and build a solid foundation with the players and fans. outside of the pittsburgh fanbase he really has no expectations, the players have been slighted, and teams will be taking the steelers lightly. for one of the most high pressure jobs, he really has no pressure other than what he places on himself. all these things make for a dangerous combo for the opposition.

norv turner is entering a much more difficult situation with the chargers. if it comes down to a playoff game i think tomlins steelers beat turners chargers. i have the same personnel questions as most but then i see teams like the jets, saints, patriots, and chargers make due plugging in rookies and young guys, i feel the steelers can do the same.

i only have 1 concern about tomlin and thats how his vikings performed against the patriots last year. but i know hes got a better team with the steelers than he had with the vikes.

Galax Steeler
06-28-2007, 04:09 AM
I have to agree with tony I am really excited about this year with tomlin at the helms.

tony hipchest
06-28-2007, 09:57 AM
the ppg blog and gold was finally updated and i really liked what was said in regards of tomlin:

http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/blogngold/

He goes by the eponym of Mike Tomlin, but Wyatt Earp might be a better moniker. I feel like the first day of Camp Tomlin might be like that early scene in "Tombstone" when Wyatt Earp slaps Johnny Tyler and throws him out on the street by his ear. [B]These guys are gonna feel it.

The exciting thing about this season will be the possible new identity that the Steelers begin to morph into. The Bill Cowher brand of football was effective, successful, reliable, and with the exception of the few years when he lost his mind with Mike Mularkey, predictable. That is likely to change. By taking a TE instead of Tony Hunt in round 3, with the intent of opening up Heath Miller in the slot and giving Big Ben more targets, this is quite a departure from the power running/pass-when-necessary offenses we've come to know and love.

It should give any Steelers fan shivers to read that early accounts that Tomlin is more like Chuck Noll than Cowher. A teacher and disciplinarian. Not that Cowher didn't scare the Jumpin' Jeebus out of his players sometimes, but he was often accused of being too chummy, too lax, too loyal at some times.

as young as ben is, i think he will embrace the hard work and accountability and it will help him grow into a stronger leader.

TackleMeBen
06-28-2007, 02:42 PM
the ppg blog and gold was finally updated and i really liked what was said in regards of tomlin:

http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/blogngold/

as young as ben is, i think he will embrace the hard work and accountability and it will help him grow into a stronger leader.

somehow i dont see those two going together.. hard work and ben..lol. just messing with you tony :wink02:.. i have to agree with you (someone shoot me now..lol).

i think the whole team will embrace the hard work and accountability under tomlin. he seems to be the kind that wont make excuses if his players screw up.

Steel Pit
06-29-2007, 01:45 AM
I hope that Tomlin continues on the route that he's on. The man just needs to be himself.

We don't need a "Hard-A$$ looking" Head Coach spitting all over the players in order to have success. That crack the whip style of coaching went out in the 1970's. Tomlin's pleasent ways are just fine.

Be yourself Coach Tomlin. Don't get caught up in what some fans expect of you. The last thing that we need is another Fake-A$$ John Gruden standing on the sideline making stupid looking faces for the cameras. Oh that John Gruden is so intimidating, Did you see that look on his face? PLEEEEEZZZZEEEE. LOL

tony hipchest
06-29-2007, 08:50 AM
if what he said in his opening press conference is true, hes definitely going to be himself. he sure wont change to try and appease the players or media.

Can you talk about your sideline demeanor?

I probably couldn't answer that. You'll have to ask those around me. I don't pay attention to how I behave. I just try to be myself. I can be emotional at times but for the most part of lean on the side of being calm because I like to think clearly in times like that.

You're not really young as a football coach.

Everyday I go to work, I live to learn. I've been blessed enough to be around some great coaches and great strategists, great leaders of men. I feel like I learned a lot from all of those people but at the same time I realize that I have to be myself. I am who I am as a coach. I don't characterize it as a 34-year-old coach, or a 34-year-old coach with experience. I'm a football coach.

siss
06-29-2007, 11:52 AM
a few weeks ago, i heard an interview with junior seau where he talked about what made belichick so great. he said he does a great job of "humbling all the guys" and he "is a great teacher". 2 of the finest qualities of tomlin.

when he complimented the team chemistry and how hard the guys work, at the break of minicamps i thought i was reading a cowher quote. when i hear the players talk of him (especially ex players such as john lynch) i think theyre talking about dungy.

he was an offensive player who became a defensive coach. could he possibly be able to understand both sides of the ball like tom landry? he seems to have the organizational skills of a dom capers and a healthy obsessiveness of a jon gruden.

when he was 1st hired he made a comment to the tune of "what you see is what you get" and you will see the same thing from me now as you will in january. i didnt catch it during the initial press conference but it stood out when i read the transcripts. he was pretty much saying they will be there in the playoffs this season. losing is not an option with this guy.

i hate to say how high i am with him, because of course its gonna look like blind homerism and wishfull thinking. but i feel better than i ever have going into a season, and i really think (as long as the rooneys treat him fairly) he will have a longer and better career than cowher. i dont see making the afcc game so many times at home and losing.

Wait...whats wrong with that?:cheer::tt02:

TackleMeBen
06-29-2007, 12:28 PM
I hope that Tomlin continues on the route that he's on. The man just needs to be himself.

We don't need a "Hard-A$$ looking" Head Coach spitting all over the players in order to have success. That crack the whip style of coaching went out in the 1970's. Tomlin's pleasent ways are just fine.

Be yourself Coach Tomlin. Don't get caught up in what some fans expect of you. The last thing that we need is another Fake-A$$ John Gruden standing on the sideline making stupid looking faces for the cameras. Oh that John Gruden is so intimidating, Did you see that look on his face? PLEEEEEZZZZEEEE. LOL

:iagree: i think tomlin will be himself and he has great potential, which is probably why we got him.

SteelCzar76
06-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Mike Tomlin will make every effort possible to do his job.And as far as Ben's comments,...i think the 'sub titles' are very apparent. And are as such,..............

" Anything that anyone could perceive as shortcomings on my part. Such as being an unexceptional passer with average to below average work ethic and maturity,....were all a product of coach Cowher and his shortcomings ! I mean....c'mon... look at me.....look at what i have achieved.....is it not obvious that i will go down as the greatest Qb ever ?"

Knock it off.

tony hipchest
07-14-2007, 01:41 PM
its time for bens weekly discussion about cowher :chuckle: :

yes my friends, its a new week and a new interview.... so of course a new slam on cowher :cheer:

seriously im a bit disappointed in the nfl network's Total Access who had ben on from the lake tahoe golf tournament all the celebrity atheletes are participating in this weekend.

it is visibly obvious he is getting tired of being asked to compare tomlin and cowher every single time the media speaks with him. doesnt everybody know the answer by now?

anyways this time he gave the correct answer which says everything most of us have been suspecting (and i paraphrase)- "tomlin is a bit more laid back but camp hasnt even begun. i dont think any of us have seen the real mike tomlin yet." good answer. seems like hes ready for anything and doesnt have any false pretenses.

also learned was that hes having a good round of golf but wants to do better, and out of the bagel, sandwich, and burger named after him, he likes the sandwich best (with cheese of course). finally, some news we can use!

83-Steelers-43
07-14-2007, 02:32 PM
yes my friends, its a new week and a new interview.... so of course a new slam on cowher :cheer:

seriously im a bit disappointed in the nfl network's Total Access who had ben on from the lake tahoe golf tournament all the celebrity atheletes are participating in this weekend.

it is visibly obvious he is getting tired of being asked to compare tomlin and cowher every single time the media speaks with him. doesnt everybody know the answer by now?

anyways this time he gave the correct answer which says everything most of us have been suspecting (and i paraphrase)- "tomlin is a bit more laid back but camp hasnt even begun. i dont think any of us have seen the real mike tomlin yet." good answer. seems like hes ready for anything and doesnt have any false pretenses.

also learned was that hes having a good round of golf but wants to do better, and out of the bagel, sandwich, and burger named after him, he likes the sandwich best (with cheese of course). finally, some news we can use!

I don't feel that one was a slam at Cowher. Maybe he finally got tired of hearing himself on Cowher? Then again, the offseason is still young so I wouldn't be surprised.

Anyways, I love you Ben!!! Your my 'favoritist' player ever!!! *while having air coming out of my ears, giggling & twirling my brunette locks*

Tony, like stop like, 'hatin' like on Ben like!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

tony hipchest
07-14-2007, 04:37 PM
I don't feel that one was a slam at Cowher. Maybe he finally got tired of hearing himself on Cowher? Then again, the offseason is still young so I wouldn't be surprised.

Anyways, I love you Ben!!! Your my 'favoritist' player ever!!! *while having air coming out of my ears, giggling & twirling my brunette locks*

Tony, like stop like, 'hatin' like on Ben like!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:im always looking for small signs of growth and maturity. i feel this was one. perhaps its because he has said his piece and is simply because he is tired of answering the same question over and over.

maybe someone got in his ear and told him to tone it down (tomlin or an agent?).

personally i think ben is a great story and the media loves that he is nice, accessible, and pretty candid. i think he is enthusiastic about the coaching change and feels it will help him to continue to develop, yet i still think he has a great deal of respect and appreciation for cowher and will always refer to him as "coach".

i think he is learning he doesnt have to be so truthful or quick to offer up his opinion every time he is asked for it. jerome bettis had this type of discretion while still being a media favorite.

83-Steelers-43
07-14-2007, 04:45 PM
perhaps its because he has said his piece

That would be nice.........and refreshing.

maybe someone got in his ear and told him to tone it down (tomlin or an agent?).

I wouldn't doubt it after his last few conversations with the media.

the media loves that he is nice, accessible, and pretty candid.

Disagree to a degree. I think the media loves him because they can expect him to run off at the mouth when it comes to a coaching staff who is no longer connected to this organization. Also, he's always willing to get in front of the camera's in order to say what is on his mind on that particular day.

i think he is enthusiastic about the coaching change

That's great and I hope that would be the case.

i still think he has a great deal of respect and appreciation for cowher and will always refer to him as "coach".

Yeah, not sure I'm buying that one...lol.

i think he is learning he doesnt have to be so truthful or quick to offer up his opinion every time he is asked for it.

I think he is learning that at times he's better off just keeping his mouth shut when it comes to certain topics like many other professionals do day in and day out in sports. Then again, it was only one interview and the offseason is still young.

tony hipchest
07-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Disagree to a degree. I think the media loves him because they can expect him to run off at the mouth when it comes to a coaching staff who is no longer connected to this organization. Also, he's always willing to get in front of the camera's in order to say what is on his mind on that particular day.
i think thats more it. after all the media alway gravitated towards him when cowher was still his coach, based on the fact that he couldnt lose as a rookie and he became the youngest sb winning qb ever. and after he showed up to camp as a motorcycle crash survivor, everybody wanted a piece of him. LITp said how it would be interresting to see how cowher would handle the NYC media if he were to be hired by the giants. it would be really interresting to see how ben woulda been with them if drafted by them.

I think he is learning that at times he's better off just keeping his mouth shut when it comes to certain topics. Then again, it was only one interview and the offseason is still young.i think this was the only interview ive seen in full context w/o having to read it or just see video clips. the good thing (and what matters most) is that he seemed ready to put the issue behind him (better late than never) and was almost annoyed with having to answer it again. it might be that he realized him continuing to answer the questions just fanned the flames and provoked further questions on the subject. it seems hes learning off the field, lets hope thats a sign of him learning on the field.

so anyways... when does hines give his next interview? :tt02:

can you imagine the media circus around fanecas locker after his 1st practice? :dang:

83-Steelers-43
07-14-2007, 05:07 PM
i think thats more it.

IMO, it is a combination of both. Ben takes shots at Cowher and Whisenhunt and it's in every paper in Pittsburgh and talked about on every local radio and tv sports show. Apparently (to me at least) it did not bother him too much judging that he went back for seconds and thirds on the subject.

it might be that he realized him continuing to answer the questions just fanned the flames and provoked further questions on the subject.

I hope that is the case. It didn't help that he did it on more than one occasion.

it seems hes learning off the field, lets hope thats a sign of him learning on the field.

And once again, I really hope that is the case. We shall see. :helmet::tt02:

BTW, just to make it clear to everybody. Anything Ben, Hines or Alan say from here on out is the media's fault and they are simply looking for a story. I just want to make sure that's clear before TC/Season starts.

tony hipchest
07-14-2007, 05:19 PM
BTW, just to make it clear to everybody. Anything Ben, Hines or Alan say from here on out is the media's fault and they are simply looking for a story. I just want to make sure that's clear before TC/Season starts.lol. i think fanecas last presser was enough to last until he is cleaning out his locker at the end of the season. i doubt the media sees it that way. however i do have a feeling he wont be going back for 2nds and 3rds on the subject.

it is time for someone to ask hines how he feels about the departure of porter again, though...

83-Steelers-43
07-14-2007, 05:25 PM
it is time for someone to ask hines how he feels about the departure of porter again, though...

I think Ward is done. He said what he had to say. Porter is gone and it seems he has moved on. Thankfully. Although I would love to hear Hine's thoughts on running the financial aspects of a football team.

TackleMeBen
07-14-2007, 11:38 PM
time for my defending of ben making an idiot out of himself again...:flap:

[quote]

when is the media going to learn that this question is just http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/horse.gif

which is true. they really havent had to work the tomlin so to say. so its better going in without any expectations as such.

also learned was that hes having a good round of golf but wants to do better, and out of the bagel, sandwich, and burger named after him, he likes the sandwich best (with cheese of course). finally, some news we can use

tony,can you go without the cheese reference.. i thought you were doing good there for awhile :wink02:

83-Steelers-43
07-14-2007, 11:47 PM
Who stated that he made an idiot out of himself with his latest comments?