PDA

View Full Version : Rollercoaster Ride

Livinginthe past
09-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Well Steelers fans I guess now I have sampled life outside the 'bubble' of the steady-as-you-like Patriots world - where our biggest worries are 1 week holdouts....

It has been an up and down ride all the way - the initial optimism of a new season, to the double whammy of losing Plaxico to the Giants and having your loyalty spilt in half over the Hines Ward contract episode.

The pre-season was mostly a disaster from an outsiders perspective and the doubters were queuing up to give Ben a nudge into the Ryan leaf category - the offense look stagnant and the Steelers faithful were wracked with doubt.

Then came week1 and the rout of the lowly Titans - now your back ontop of the world and Wille Parker is the second coming of Ladainian Tomlinson....

So heres to 15 more weeks of more ups and downs than your average loop-the-loop

Cheers

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2005, 08:39 PM
We seem to have more ups n downs than anybody.. injuries to the Oline a few years ago was a Huge one..the never coming out to live up to your potential of Plax, the worry of Kendrell not staying healthy and Foote not playing all that well till he got his shot as a starter and then never looked back, Ben having a rough time late in the season, Duce staying healthy, Chad Scott playing like a pro bowler one series and then a rookie the next..the list goes on and on.

Yeah there will be ups n downs, but the marks of good teams like the Steelers and Patriots is being able to stay strong and keep plugging away without missing a beat!

figg
09-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Well Steelers fans I guess now I have sampled life outside the 'bubble' of the steady-as-you-like Patriots world - where our biggest worries are 1 week holdouts....

I guess you dont have to worry about losing both your offensive and defensive coaches or losing two middle linebackers Bruschi being the heart and soul of the defense and replace him with injury prone Chad Brown. Yeah there's nothing to worry about in Patriots world :jerkit:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Then came week1 and the rout of the lowly Titans - now your back ontop of the world and Wille Parker is the second coming of Ladainian Tomlinson....

Instead of chanting LT, we'll be chanting WILLIE !!! WILLIE !!!!! :grin:

Livinginthe past
09-12-2005, 09:51 PM
I guess you dont have to worry about losing both your offensive and defensive coaches or losing two middle linebackers Bruschi being the heart and soul of the defense and replace him with injury prone Chad Brown. Yeah there's nothing to worry about in Patriots world :jerkit:

You know what Im hearing Figg?

Someone who regurgitates everything he reads on ESPN.com, including facile descriptions such as 'heart and soul'...without your heart you die....I dont think we died yet...do you?

Maybe you think I forgot about those losses, is that it?

Either way, we seem to be managing ok.

Cheers

NM

figg
09-13-2005, 12:20 PM
[QUOTE=Livinginthe past]You know what Im hearing Figg?

Someone who regurgitates everything he reads on ESPN.com, including facile descriptions such as 'heart and soul'...without your heart you die....I dont think we died yet...do you? No I dont. But to come in here like everything is rosie in Patsie land is a joke! The leader of your defense had a stroke. Thats not a worry?

Maybe you think I forgot about those losses, is that it? Your the one talking about the Steelers rollercoaster lol. Worry about your own. You started this silly thread and came off like a pompous ass to me. "Your team is on a rollercoaster and everything is perfect with my team" :jerkit:

Either way, we seem to be managing ok. So far so good. Yeah after one game everything is gravy. :yawn:
Cheers Save it

clevestinks
09-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Roller Coaster rides are a apart of being a football fan, or fanatic. You live and die with the injury reports. One thing that will always hold true for us is we are a run first offense. And two we play great defense. Regardless of the substitute. Being a die hard, is just that. It can be pain stakingly heart breaking at times, but we Steelers fan wouldnt have it any other way. I actually told my wife early Sunday morning," Here we go again" 16+ weeks of good ole nailbiting fun? It is harder for us fans to get over a loss , than it is for the players.

I was born Bleeding Black and Gold, and I will Die Bleeding Black and Gold, and somewhere in between I`ll be riding that emotional rollercoaster. And I wouldnt have it any other way.

Suitanim
09-13-2005, 01:33 PM

It has been an up and down ride all the way - the initial optimism of a new season, to the double whammy of losing Plaxico to the Giants and having your loyalty spilt in half over the Hines Ward contract episode.

The pre-season was mostly a disaster from an outsiders perspective and the doubters were queuing up to give Ben a nudge into the Ryan leaf category - the offense look stagnant and the Steelers faithful were wracked with doubt.

So heres to 15 more weeks of more ups and downs than your average loop-the-loop

Cheers

NM

Wow...talk about some backhanded compliments....

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Amen to that. We'll see how well they do now that they actually play some good teams outside of their divison. Yeah its only week one but we dominated the Tits, unlike your team that had some problems with the lowly Raiders.

Livinginthe past
09-14-2005, 03:50 AM
[QUOTE=Livinginthe past]You know what Im hearing Figg?

Someone who regurgitates everything he reads on ESPN.com, including facile descriptions such as 'heart and soul'...without your heart you die....I dont think we died yet...do you? No I dont. But to come in here like everything is rosie in Patsie land is a joke! The leader of your defense had a stroke. Thats not a worry?

Maybe you think I forgot about those losses, is that it? Your the one talking about the Steelers rollercoaster lol. Worry about your own. You started this silly thread and came off like a pompous ass to me. "Your team is on a rollercoaster and everything is perfect with my team" :jerkit:

Either way, we seem to be managing ok. So far so good. Yeah after one game everything is gravy. :yawn:
Cheers Save it

Im not sure why you have taken such offence to this thread Figg - it was just an outsiders perspective of the last few weeks in Steeler World and not intended to be patronising in any way.

The stuff you wrote about Bruschi and our Co-ordinators we knew about for some time and were able to plan for a couple of months whereas it seemed to me something crazy was happening for the Steelers every couple of days.....

I find it amusing that you call my thread 'silly' when you get involved in dumb threads with Bengal fans that last 150 pages and all seem to consist of one liners.

Each to their own I suppose.

NM

Livinginthe past
09-14-2005, 03:53 AM
Wow...talk about some backhanded compliments....

Just calling it as I see it Suitanim - not claiming any of this to be a fact just an opinion by someone outside the Steeler 'bubble'.

My bottom line was that ,despite all the upheavels of the offseason, you came out week1 and got it done - a slight over-reaction with Willie Parker I reckon...again just my opinion.

Cheers

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
09-14-2005, 06:25 AM
Or a slight under reaction by most outside of the Steelers family..but thats to be expected. Happens all the time :grin:

figg
09-14-2005, 07:45 AM
[QUOTE=figg]

Im not sure why you have taken such offence to this thread Figg -
NM

Im not the only one that has taken offence. It just didnt come off good imo :rolleyes:

Suitanim
09-14-2005, 08:22 AM
Well, a couple observations from the "inside".

Plex was a loser from the time he stood up w/o being tackled and spiked the ball away..I always figured him to be an underachiever, and when the Steelers cut him loose, I think they sent 2 messages A) He's not a team player and, B) We need his big salary gone so we can pay Hines Ward. I still don't see what all the controversy over Ward was about, except maybe the fact that the Steelers practically never have anybody sit out and we aren't used to it as fans.

As for Willie, in his last 2 games he's rushed 41 times for 363 yards (averaging nearly 9 YAC), with 102 of those coming against an excellent Buffalo defense who desperately needed to win to make the playoffs. After watching him in camp, it was pretty obvious he was for real.

I'm also not sure why some people were ready to jump off the nearest bridge based on Ben's preseason performance...most of us realized it meant almost nothing. He worked hard in the offseason, and all the kid has ever done is win.

The only real concern I had was the right side of the OLine, and that was answered pretty early on in preseason. We are a better team then we were last year, more experienced at QB, just as dangerous defensively, with more weapons on offense than last year (Speed kills, and Wilson and Parker both bring a ton of it).

ironcitychef
09-15-2005, 11:10 AM
Simply stated since the start of 2004 the Pats and Steelers are 34-4 combined and two of those losses came against each other.

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-16-2005, 12:45 PM
I think your all stupid and if you are a fan of another team then stay the hell off of this message board. Please stop polluting our message board with talks of your dumb ass team. Thank you and have a nice fu$$ing day.

Koopa
09-16-2005, 01:04 PM
what's wrong with fans of other teams coming here? you don't like difference of opinions?

Prosdo
09-16-2005, 01:19 PM
A lot of the guys who are fans from other teams are pretty cool guys. Living, Dirty, Hardwork. They bring some good insight with them.

Livinginthe past
09-16-2005, 01:20 PM
I think your all stupid and if you are a fan of another team then stay the hell off of this message board. Please stop polluting our message board with talks of your dumb ass team. Thank you and have a nice fu$$ing day.

Hey Lloyd,

Thanks for sharing your 'thoughts' with us - I put the word 'thoughts' in inverted comma's because despite knowing that potatos have eyes and corn have ears, I still find it remarkable that ANY vegetable can have a consciousnness!!

I also presume that your name is Lloyd and that every since school you have been hearing the phrase that you have now taken as your handle on here....

Good job the rest of the posters on here dont share your penchant for childish, inane
scribblings.

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
09-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Maybe Im the only one, but in this particular thread, I didnt think it was meant to come on in a sarcastic way; but rather just an observation of the way an NFL season tends to go.. please enlighten me past..or maybe us..

Livinginthe past
09-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Maybe Im the only one, but in this particular thread, I didnt think it was meant to come on in a sarcastic way; but rather just an observation of the way an NFL season tends to go.. please enlighten me past..or maybe us..

Hey Blitz,

There was certainly no sarcasm intended in the original post - just an observation of a crazy start to the new season by a team I have always thought of as super-solid.

Willie Parker could be a great find - but I shall withhold my judgement for a few weeks yet - but with Bettis and Staley waiting in the wings it looks good for the Steelers power running game.

I have been a pretty unashamed Big Ben fan since last year (hard to be one before that I suppose LOL) - he does what needs to be done in the games I seen him in - more experienced QB's with a ton more wins have had just as much, if not worse, trouble deciphering BB's defensive schemes.

I think the stick he was getting pre-season was laughable - when you consider how many people are just DYING to get the Eli Manning bandwagon.

Ben will continue to make mistakes this year, but he's learning every game - might not be a bad thing if he has to handle a little adversity before he hits the post-season this time though...

Cheers

NM

ironcitychef
09-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Granted Parker has had 2 regular games, but to me it seems he does have the speed, but also finds the hole(or makes one) that Zeroure was never able to. Agree to watch but still excited...:coffee: