PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson arrested...

BB2W
09-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Chiefs running back Larry Johnson was arrested and charged on Monday night for domestic abuse in an altercation with his girlfriend at a bar early Saturday morning, the Associated Press reports. Allegedly, Johnson's girlfriend spotted him with another woman and confronted her, at which point Larry grabbed and shoved his girlfriend to the ground. According to the report, Johnson turned himself in, was cited for domestic abuse assault, posted bond, and was released. He was given a September 20 court date for the misdemeanor charge.

Views
While this is unfortunately not all that uncommon, complicating matters is the fact that, according to the Kansas City Star, Johnson struck a deal with local prosecutors in February 2004 to avoid domestic violence charges over an incident in which he allegedly slapped a woman and threatened her with a handgun. Part of that deal was a two-year probation which this recent incident would presumably violate. Stay tuned for fallout from both the Kansas City legal system and the NFL.

link...... http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-chiefsjohnsonarreste&prov=fanball&type=lgns

Ambridge
09-13-2005, 05:03 PM
Maybe Larry should start up a weekly poker night with Samari Rolle and Brad Hopkins??

Suitanim
09-13-2005, 05:06 PM
I was going to start him this week...better not. His hand is probably injured from hitting so many women.

clevestinks
09-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Chiefs running back Larry Johnson was arrested and charged on Monday night for domestic abuse in an altercation with his girlfriend at a bar early Saturday morning, the Associated Press reports. Allegedly, Johnson's girlfriend spotted him with another woman and confronted her, at which point Larry grabbed and shoved his girlfriend to the ground. According to the report, Johnson turned himself in, was cited for domestic abuse assault, posted bond, and was released. He was given a September 20 court date for the misdemeanor charge.

Views
While this is unfortunately not all that uncommon, complicating matters is the fact that, according to the Kansas City Star, Johnson struck a deal with local prosecutors in February 2004 to avoid domestic violence charges over an incident in which he allegedly slapped a woman and threatened her with a handgun. Part of that deal was a two-year probation which this recent incident would presumably violate. Stay tuned for fallout from both the Kansas City legal system and the NFL.

link...... http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-chiefsjohnsonarreste&prov=fanball&type=lgns

Hey I always root for Penn State alum. BUT I have Priest Holmes on the Fantasy league. So throw the friggin bum in jail.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-13-2005, 05:20 PM
And here is a guy I am/was hoping we'd take a look at next year in the offseason for atrade or draft picks.

Koopa
09-13-2005, 08:05 PM
when will these fools learn to stop hitting girls? damn these guys got everything being handed to them to play a sport and they keep getting in trouble for shit that they could've avoided. i'm glad we ain't got no players like this on the our team

Suitanim
09-13-2005, 08:18 PM
It starts in Jr. High School. I saw it firsthand...I was a pretty good QB, and even into HS I saw all kinds of weird preferential treatment. I played a little Varsity football as a frosh(9th grade was in High School back then)...I was never destined for much better than maybe a Slippery Rock scholarship, and I would have recieved AT LEAST that...but my dad gave me a job instead. He ran a business and gave me a job I might not have gotten without his influence...I made a liitle jack and quit football. It was tough after I left football...even my dad was mad, and HE gave me the job!

Anyhoo, you get away with all kinds of things by being good at football...even when you are 13, 14 years old. If nobody ever says no, how do you learn?

BB2W
09-13-2005, 11:40 PM
This is too bad.... I was a big fan of LJ's. He was one of the best players I have ever rooted for. I know his father is a very big part of his life, and a very BIG man. Maybe its time to give lil Larry a wuppin.:buttkick:

BB2W
09-15-2005, 12:35 AM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson, who turned himself in this week to face an assault charge, contends he's not an abuser of women.

"This is something I don't want to be named for as a woman beater because that is not my M.O.," he said Wednesday. "That is not how I was raised."

link...... http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2161990

Koopa
09-15-2005, 12:42 AM
well hopefully he is right, he has all the tools to be one of the best backs in the league hopefully off the field problems won't wreck his shine.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-15-2005, 12:54 AM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson, who turned himself in this week to face an assault charge, contends he's not an abuser of women.

"This is something I don't want to be named for as a woman beater because that is not my M.O.," he said Wednesday. "That is not how I was raised."

link...... http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2161990

Well if you weren't raised that way then why did u do it in the first place!! :rolleyes: eh well, I just hope this is the only time this ever happens again and he can get back to football asap!