PDA

View Full Version : Pirate fans: Loyal Sheep

Edman
06-30-2007, 08:43 PM
The "walkout" was a failure. Most people stayed, booed those who actually got up, and clapped for Nutting.

All I have to say is this: Don't cry and moan about the Nuttings and Mclatchy when the Bucs are on their 20th consecutive losing season in 2012 and become even bigger laughingstocks in the sports world. Tonight was a pure example that Pittsburgh has become tolerant of losing baseball and losing in general. The city just said: 'We want losers, we don't care if we get suckered year in and year out, as long as we have our pretty stadium and the 'experience' . Frankly, we just earned whatever future losing we'll get coming tonight.

Steelers training camp is around the corner. Thank God.

83-Steelers-43
06-30-2007, 09:26 PM
Enjoy many more years of deceit and false hopes. Then, these idiots call in EVERY night on the Nightly Sports Call.......

"Bob?"

"Yes caller?"

"Bob?"

"Yes caller?"

"Yeah Bob, I'm tired of this Pirate team. McClatcy and the Nuttings just don't care. I just got back from the game tonight and this team just doesn't care.

MORONS.

THANK GOD FOR STEELERS TRAINING CAMP. That ball team is a ****ing joke.

X-Terminator
06-30-2007, 09:49 PM
The "walkout" was a failure. Most people stayed, booed those who actually got up, and clapped for Nutting.

All I have to say is this: Don't cry and moan about the Nuttings and Mclatchy when the Bucs are on their 20th consecutive losing season in 2012 and become even bigger laughingstocks in the sports world. Tonight was a pure example that Pittsburgh has become tolerant of losing baseball and losing in general. The city just said: 'We want losers, we don't care if we get suckered year in and year out, as long as we have our pretty stadium and the 'experience' . Frankly, we just earned whatever future losing we'll get coming tonight.

Steelers training camp is around the corner. Thank God.

And you were expecting something different? Hell, in watching the game tonight, it was damn hard to find any of those shirts in the crowd - the ones that the TV cameras showed looked like the only ones in the entire building. I couldn't even tell if anyone left, to be quite honest. Of course, the Pirates themselves didn't help matters by scoring 6 runs in the 2nd inning, which gave those who may have planned to walk out an excuse to stay. Man, Bob Nutting must be having a good ol' laugh at home right now.

Seriously, it isn't even worth getting upset about anymore. I made my statement by not even going down to the ballpark, which is what they should have done if this "protest" had any chance of meaning a smidgeon more than diddly squat.

SteelCityMan786
06-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Enjoy many more years of deceit and false hopes. Then, these idiots call in EVERY night on the Nightly Sports Call.......

"Bob?"

"Yes caller?"

"Bob?"

"Yes caller?"

"Yeah Bob, I'm tired of this Pirate team. McClatcy and the Nuttings just don't care. I just got back from the game tonight and this team just doesn't care.

MORONS.

THANK GOD FOR STEELERS TRAINING CAMP. That ball team is a ****ing joke.

They showed shots of the protest. One of the people had on their bags 21 days till training camp.

Edman
06-30-2007, 11:51 PM
I didn't expect anything different. But it just boggles my mind that it was this bad.

To see thousands of Pirate "fans" give a standing ovation to Bob Nutting and buy into his 'speech' is just incredible.

The Pirate fans deserve losing. They're sheep and they earned it. Bob Nutting will toss all kinds of gimmicks and they'll buy into it. I hope they enjoy seeing them get mopped up by the Cards year in and year out, the bad trades, picking up trash in free agency, the continuous selling at the trade deadline, the numerous draft busts, 90-100 loss seasons, the wasted talent, the 4th-6th place finishes, and the ridicule. This fanbase is a joke, just like the ownership.

If the Steelers even have ONE losing season, people would've been calling for heads and change instantly. Maybe these are the same idiots that say the Rooneys are cheap MF'n owners.

tony hipchest
07-01-2007, 12:51 AM
I didn't expect anything different. But it just boggles my mind that it was this bad.

To see thousands of Pirate "fans" give a standing ovation to Bob Nutting and buy into his 'speech' is just incredible.

The Pirate fans deserve losing. They're sheep and they earned it. Bob Nutting will toss all kinds of gimmicks and they'll buy into it. I hope they enjoy seeing them get mopped up by the Cards year in and year out, the bad trades, picking up trash in free agency, the continuous selling at the trade deadline, the numerous draft busts, 90-100 loss seasons, the wasted talent, the 4th-6th place finishes, and the ridicule. This fanbase is a joke, just like the ownership.

If the Steelers even have ONE losing season, people would've been calling for heads and change instantly. Maybe these are the same idiots that say the Rooneys are cheap MF'n owners.what they deserve, and what theyve earned is what they have paid for... a major league ball team. the pirate fans deserve a winner.

i'll bash the crappy players and the shitty ownership group, but one thing i wont bash is the people of pittsburgh who get out there and support their team through thick and thin. if everyone had youre attitude you wouldnt have the freaking pittsburgh steelers to root for. they flat out sucked for 40 years. are you gonna rip on all the people who cheered for art rooney before he won anything? sure rooney and nutting are worlds apart but winning is winning and losing is losing and art rooney was a 40 year loser.

yeah, it sucks that the team is sorry but are you gonna call all the locals idiots for being baseball fans and seeking the entertainment they may be used to, or perhaps grew up with? the problem isnt just a pirate problem, its a baseball problem. the game is set up where people like steinbrenner should theoretically be able to buy a championship every single year leaving all other teams on the outside looking in.

just remember the pirate fans today are mostly fans of pittsburgh first, baseball, and the tradition of winning, more so than the crap theyve been pushing onto the field for the past 15 years.

i will be going to a game in about a month. perhaps i should just go piss away my $20 bucks in 3 minutes in a dollar machine at the new slot parlor?

83-Steelers-43
07-01-2007, 03:35 AM
And also thank God for the Penguins. And just about every other pro or collegiate team associated with Pittsburgh.

83-Steelers-43
07-01-2007, 03:37 AM
I hope they enjoy seeing them get mopped up by the Cards year in and year out, the bad trades, picking up trash in free agency, the continuous selling at the trade deadline, the numerous draft busts, 90-100 loss seasons, the wasted talent, the 4th-6th place finishes, and the ridicule.

Or flat out lying and stating that they took the draft pick who best fills their need instead of going after the best draft pick. That's cute how they spun that one this year.

HOOK, LINE, SINKER.

LarryNJ
07-01-2007, 09:11 AM
It could be worse...the Philly's are closing in on their 10,000th loss! :sofunny:

SteelCityMan786
07-01-2007, 10:54 AM
The Pirates got that awhile ago....oh wait. They didn't. Yep the situation is worse Philly.

Crushzilla
07-01-2007, 01:02 PM
just remember the pirate fans today are mostly fans of pittsburgh first, baseball, and the tradition of winning, more so than the crap theyve been pushing onto the field for the past 15 years.

Perhaps this is what I was trying to explain the other day when 83-43 and I had a disagreement.

I wasn't surprised last night when I saw the game on TV. The walkout was a poor idea. The best bet for the boycotters is to do just that, boycott. Not to go, like X said.

The truth of it is, the entire thing is going to be a bust. There are too many people who have gone to Pirates games for generations with their families, and their families, and so on.

Its a city of champions and it sucks to have a bad baseball team, but there is WAY too much city pride to abandon the Pirates.

Edman
07-01-2007, 01:23 PM
what they deserve, and what theyve earned is what they have paid for... a major league ball team. the pirate fans deserve a winner.

i'll bash the crappy players and the shitty ownership group, but one thing i wont bash is the people of pittsburgh who get out there and support their team through thick and thin. if everyone had youre attitude you wouldnt have the freaking pittsburgh steelers to root for. they flat out sucked for 40 years. are you gonna rip on all the people who cheered for art rooney before he won anything? sure rooney and nutting are worlds apart but winning is winning and losing is losing and art rooney was a 40 year loser.

yeah, it sucks that the team is sorry but are you gonna call all the locals idiots for being baseball fans and seeking the entertainment they may be used to, or perhaps grew up with? the problem isnt just a pirate problem, its a baseball problem. the game is set up where people like steinbrenner should theoretically be able to buy a championship every single year leaving all other teams on the outside looking in.

i will be going to a game in about a month. perhaps i should just go piss away my $20 bucks in 3 minutes in a dollar machine at the new slot parlor?

So I'm a bad fan just because I'm sick to death of losing baseball, the boring summers, and wanting the Pirates to win? I was 3 years old the last time the bucs had a winning season. But it's all good because Pittsburgh comes first...always....

tony hipchest
07-01-2007, 01:29 PM
the walk out seemed stupid to me cause the cash was already in nuttings pockets. he could care less if they give him $$$ for free. i agree that those who buy the tickets have no right to bitch if theyre gonna keep feeding the coffers.

who it really sucks for is all the fans who have been turned off of baseball. they deserve a winner just like the loyal fans who still pay. blaming the fans is really barking up the wrong tree. sure they are the ones feeding the monster. it is there loyalty that is being taken advantage of. if the pirates were in los angeles with tons of other distractions and forms of entertainment. the seats would be empty and nutting would be forced to sell. hes taking advantage of the city, and hes taking advantage of the people. that is not the peoples fault.

i guess the boycott is kinda like telling cigarette users and gasoline users to boycott those products because of the extreme price hikes. these companies know its not gonna happen or have an effect on the bottom line. if it does they'll just raise prices some more to keep the profit margins up.

tony hipchest
07-01-2007, 01:39 PM
So I'm a bad fan just because I'm sick to death of losing baseball, the boring summers, and wanting the Pirates to win? I was 3 years old the last time the bucs had a winning season. But it's all good because Pittsburgh comes first...always....who said youre a bad fan?

i'll bash the crappy players and the shitty ownership group, but one thing i wont bash is the people of pittsburgh who get out there and support their team through thick and thin.

you were the one who said the fans deserve a loser. :hunch:

its funny to hear all the young pittsburgh fans claim "steelers for life", "win or lose", "steelers til i die", "i bleed black and gold", when all theyve really known is steelers being 1 of the winningest teams, yet these young fans seem to speak the loudest about a boycott and walking out on the pirates team.

the steelers were losers for 40 years, not just 15 years like the pirates have been. yet they suported their team and they were rewarded. now i dont believe that will happen with the pirates anytime soon. rooney is an owner that doesnt even come around once every generation. what i am saing though is pittsburgh isnt full of a bunch of fairweather, bandwaggon jumping fans. pittsburgh fans for the better part are die hards.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-01-2007, 01:44 PM
People just need to stop going to games period for things to change....When there is only 500-800 fans in the park then things might change....I remember in the early 90s when the Indians played in front of crowds that small some nights...As long as the Nuttings are not in the red they will continue to put a lesser product on the field

But I won't bash anybody that wants to go to PNC Park....Thats your own choice.... Its a beautiful park....I have been there 5 times myself.....But I won't go anymore until things start to change....The last straw for me was this past draft for the Pirates.....That was just a joke....... Man 90-92 seems so long ago.....Oh the memories of when the Buccos were a good team....lol Plus I have the stories my Dad told me of seeing the Great Roberto Clemente,Willie Stargell and Maz when he was a kid......

I hope one day the Pirates are a winner again but I'm not holding my breath with this current ownership....

rbryan
07-02-2007, 12:42 PM
I have been boycotting MLB for a while now, but I can't call out Pirate fans that choose to hang in there and support the team. If anything I feel guilty to have given up on the Pirates, but I can't help it.

I don't think anyone should talk down to someone who still has the faith, calling them sheep etc.. You are entitled to your opinion but keep in mind the Steelers sucked for 40 years.