PDA

View Full Version : Hey Steeler people how did you guys beat ....

FalconEddy
01-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Philly way back when....you made it look easy. We are getting a little nervous down here, keeping in mind they had Owens back then but it didn't seem to matter to the Steelers at all. What was the secret and how did it play out? Oh yea what is the weather going to be like this coming Sunday up there?

ironcitychef
01-17-2005, 03:40 AM
Its something you guys should be able to do. Run. Plain and simple. Tell your offensive line, the one that created the number one rushing yards in the league, but somehow provided no pro bowlers, that they are soft and overrated. Then sit back as they open up hole after hole for Dunn, Duckett, and Vick. On defense, make McNabb beat you. He isnt as wild like Vick anymore. so cover the wides and te with an extra guy, and mix up who blitzes and who picks up westbrook out of the back. Now granted Philly is a great team, but this plan seems to make them more average than super.

FalconEddy
01-17-2005, 11:06 AM
?Cool, now you guys have to beat the PATS in order for it to be a great year.... I keep hearing them talk about stoping Ward and forcing Roth to through quicker then he wants. I know they had Mannings number but Ben can move much better then Peyton and the Steeler's reciever are not chumps like the Colts. I really think the Colts lacked attitude and Hunger. even if the Falcons loose I still want the Steelers to beat New England....But tell me how are you going to deal with Corey Dillon ? I mean was he major to their first loss ?early or was it that the Steelers played mistake free ball? Did the Jets expose anything New England can use and can you guys fix it ? Well, just like I told my cousin I hope to see you down in Jacksonville but ou have to win Sunday....Go Steelers!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2005, 12:58 PM
We've dealt with cory dillon for years when he was a bungal...we know how he runs and how he has to be tackled, his tendancies, etc. Its gonna be a blast and a helluva game..but this year, Here's to the STeelers sending the Pats home instead of 2001!!!!

FalconEddy
01-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Dang I'm listening to the radio....no one is giving the Steelers a chance. Does anyone know the spread?

ironcitychef
01-18-2005, 03:12 AM
The pats are favored by 3 which after home field means they expect them to beat us by 6. As for Dillon, the plan is as follows: Pressure Brady with 4 man rush. Have 3 to maintain gaps. 3 to cover wrs and te, and troy to be the wildcard. worked before.

PittSteelerFanatic
01-18-2005, 11:45 AM
?Cool, now you guys have to beat the PATS in order for it to be a great year.... I keep hearing them talk about stoping Ward and forcing Roth to through quicker then he wants. I know they had Mannings number but Ben can move much better then Peyton and the Steeler's reciever are not chumps like the Colts. I really think the Colts lacked attitude and Hunger. even if the Falcons loose I still want the Steelers to beat New England....But tell me how are you going to deal with Corey Dillon ? I mean was he major to their first loss ?early or was it that the Steelers played mistake free ball? Did the Jets expose anything New England can use and can you guys fix it ? Well, just like I told my cousin I hope to see you down in Jacksonville but ou have to ?win Sunday....Go Steelers!!

Unfortunately, I'm not too sure we can stop them. I think we probably should have sand bagged, and not beaten them earlier this year. Now they are coming to our house to make us pay.

ben-to-hines
01-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Unfortunately, I'm not too sure we can stop them. I think we probably should have sand bagged, and not beaten them earlier this year. Now they are coming to our house to make us pay.

IF WE SANDBAGGED we would be playing in Foxboro! I totally disagree!!!

PittSteelerFanatic
01-18-2005, 01:16 PM
IF WE SANDBAGGED we would be playing in Foxboro! ?I totally disagree!!!

Does that matter? Our Steelers have not demonstrated that they can capitalize on the home field advantage. How many more times must our hopes and dreams for NFL supreamacy be crushed by those awe inspiring Patriiots?

FalconEddy
01-18-2005, 06:26 PM
There are some points you must look at, Peyton Manning calls his own plays...so that means he was matching wits with the Defensive Cordinator from the Pats ,he should be excuting his plays and getting first downs. What does this mean? It means that when there was a defensive adjustment he had no counter since he could only call a play when he saw the defensive scheme and that being so, Peyton had a tendancy to pass more then run. Now the Steelers on the other hand will pound you running the ball regardless of the passing game and they have a much better Defense then the Colts and they let the dam coach call the plays. This is not wishful thinking but facts....You see it will come down to coaching and putting Brady on the ground real hard a few times (it may not hurt Tom but it will pump up the Defense). You say you know how to deal with Dillon from his Bengal days so deal with him and force them to call more passes then they want. This will cause them to dink and dump early in the 3rd quarter , prime for hard hits and interceptions and none of their defensive backfield is above 5'11"....football midgets!!!!Physical match goes to the Steelers , Billicik will be forced to run a few trick plays to gain the lead and all the Steeler coaching staff has to do is be ready for when he tries it. Then pound them until the game clock says 00:00 and then some. In other words just do what you do but with Championship intensity. We know Mike Vick is our bread and butter but it's got us this far so why do we want to stop doing what we did to get here.

Super_Bowl_Champ
01-18-2005, 06:45 PM
I just heard Ray Lewis on the radio. He has picked the Steelers to win this week. Finally, somebody is using their heads. He said that Pittsburgh's defense is superior to New England's and he also said that Pittsburgh's running game is much better than the Pat's. If anybody would know, it would be him! Go Steelers!

ironcitychef
01-19-2005, 04:40 AM
SANDBAGGED???? To qoute Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game." No way its not what you do, its how you do it. Come on, if you play against us and don't know that we want to A) run the ball, B) stop the run, C) control the clock then you must not have watched any football over the past 35 years. So then it comes down to execution Sunday. If we execute the run better than NE then we win. If they execute better then they win. Forget schemes and calling your own plays. NE doesn't like us because they can't game plan us. You want to rush 3 and drop 8 against us? All day baby bring it on. No you gotta get your guys fired up to know that all day you are going to be blocked by the most physical line and wide receivers in the league. No pushing players out of bounds because the will be looking to hit you, stay in bounds, and make the first down. On offense dont forget you will be hit by the roughest CB's playing. No Dieon on this team. We all tackle. That makes me wonder if our playbook is run left, run middle, run right. How scaled back is Ben's playbook?

FalconEddy
01-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Yea forget that sandbag talk because there's no place like home, pain don't hurt as bad at home, luck is always better at home.?With what happened in that JETS game I think you are obligated to win and win big , plus the absolute worst superbowl would be New England versus Philly. The Best would be The Steelers versus Atlanta. Hines Ward can have somewhat of a homecoming. But I still must know who will win the coaching battle between Cower and Belichick and will this be a major influence during the game. Belichick is touted as being a genius 9 and 1 in the playoffs and with a win will be in a status with Chuck Knoll , Don Shula and Vince Lombardi . I think with this win the Steelers get back the mystic of the Franco Harris days because they would have beaten the best team in the league twice and stopped Belichick's climb into an early entry into the HOF.

joshfic
01-19-2005, 03:20 PM
If you thought the crowd was pumped for a 4:30 start on a 14 deree day, just wait to see what it looks like on a warmer night at 6:30. Heinz Field will be rocking!!! That said, here's the way that I look at it. The Patriots played the best they ever did while playing the Colts. The Steelers played about as poorly as possible and still pulled out a win. The odds say that neither team will play the same as they did one week ago...that looks real good for the Steeler-faithful!!!

ug_boy
01-19-2005, 08:21 PM
We've dealt with cory dillon for years when he was a bungal...we know how he runs and how he has to be tackled, his tendancies, etc. ?Its gonna be a blast and a helluva game..but this year, Here's to the STeelers sending the Pats home instead of 2001!!!!
Two of my best friends are Steelers fans and we'll be watching the game together for friendly rivalry. I grew up in Boston, reside now in New Mexico, and am a Pats fan. I was not too worried about the Colts game but have to say I do not see how the Pats are going to win this one. From all points of reason it looks like my Pats will, to quote ESPN's Mike & Mike, get a heiny washing, again this weekend. We could not stop the run last time and now we've lost Richard Seymour (our All-Pro defensive end) as well. I love my team but have rooted for the Steelers when they were playing (even through the rough last years) - also probably cause I went to Penn State for grad school (please tell me why we're keeping Joe Pa???). The Pats beat 'em with Parcells in the later 90's as well so I've got not complaints if the Steelers beat my team.
Whoever wins, I just hope they beat the snot out of the NFC representative... Which, by the way, I hope is Atlanta as I really hate the Eagles and have enjoyed watching them choke the last three years.

atlsteelers
01-20-2005, 04:02 PM
checkin in from smyrna/canton georgia, i really hoping for steeler - falcon game in a couple of weeks. just hammer the ball with the DVD - duckett - vick and dunn and we will see ya in a couple of weeks. that way we can finally settle that tie from a couple of years ago. ever listen to the two live stews - check them out on 790 from 1 to 4 peace
here we go steelers, here we go