PDA

View Full Version : Two thumbs up!

WV-SteelerFan
07-03-2007, 11:32 AM
I actually read a quote/user comment on "The Sporting News" (from a fan) that I thought made sense...

"...I love it when a team loses starters and all the fans say "oh, they weren't very good anyway, or they're easily replaceable". Well guess what? Those guys were starting for a reason...so they must have been pretty darn good to be starting in the NFL for a Super Bowl winning team. But now that they're gone all of a sudden they're not that big of a loss....Sometimes fans make no sense at all..."

It just so happens this guy is a Steeler fan, though, so I'm not surprised...lol

"...My team lost Joey Porter this year. Now that he's gone am I going to say "oh he wasn't that good anyway, or that he's easily replaceable"? No, because I think he still could have put up good numbers in that defense. And now that position is a big question mark....just as the cornerback position is for the Colts. But I'm not going to bash Porter now that he's gone or call him a system linebacker..."

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=232085&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

(The reader I'm quoting is tdeck11, so kudos to him.)

Livinginthe past
07-03-2007, 12:13 PM
The centre spacing on your post makes it a chore to read (one thumb down)

rbryan
07-03-2007, 05:32 PM
I see your point and I'm not going to say good riddance to Joey just because he's gone. I wish we could have found a way to keep him here and retire a Steeler, but theres no way he's worth that kind of $. End of story.

HometownGal
07-03-2007, 06:03 PM

Geez, Nigel - uncross your eyes and it will be easier to read. :wink02::flap:

http://blog.louiegohmertisalittlebitch.com/ThemeFiles/30226-28670/images/crosseyed_louie_499y.jpg

rbryan - you took the words right out of my mouth. Good post. :cheers:

Livinginthe past
07-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Geez, Nigel - uncross your eyes and it will be easier to read. :wink02::flap:

http://blog.louiegohmertisalittlebitch.com/ThemeFiles/30226-28670/images/crosseyed_louie_499y.jpg

rbryan - you took the words right out of my mouth. Good post. :cheers:

LOL.

I dunno, they weren't like that before I opened this thread :toofunny:

WV-SteelerFan
07-04-2007, 01:01 PM

OK, :sorry:...I'll post even less (as if that's possible) if that makes you happy...

But still, :sign04:

Livinginthe past
07-04-2007, 01:12 PM
OK, :sorry:...I'll post even less (as if that's possible) if that makes you happy...

Yeah.

Thats what I said.

Post less.

klick81
07-04-2007, 01:29 PM

Nah man. No one said you should post less. Just get rid of that center spacing!

Elvis
07-09-2007, 07:14 AM
I for one loved Joey Porter, but this is the business called the NFL. Time has a way of changing things doesnt it? He was kind of starting to slow down a bit, but the man was a beast here in Pittsburgh for us for many years. I will and the Steelers will definitely miss his leadership and energy in the locker room and on the field. I wish him luck except whe he plays the Steelers...:wink02: