PDA

View Full Version : My Little Steeler (age 2)

stlrtruck
07-04-2007, 07:11 AM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g177/stlrtruck/th_mylilstlr.jpg (http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g177/stlrtruck/?action=view&current=mylilstlr.flv)

So it has taken me several months to finally get my daughter to recognize the players on her walls (specifically Rod Woodson and Big Ben)..but today she just blurted them out like they were old hat.

The 4 questions she is asked are:

1. Who is this?
2. Where is Ben?
3. What position does he play?
4. What team?

You'll have to listen closely for the answers! But today, we are one step closer to the complete understanding that there is 1 team in the NFL and 31 others that one to be the Pittsburgh Steelers!!! :cheer: :banana: :tt02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-04-2007, 08:58 AM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g177/stlrtruck/th_mylilstlr.jpg (http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g177/stlrtruck/?action=view&current=mylilstlr.flv)

So it has taken me several months to finally get my daughter to recognize the players on her walls (specifically Rod Woodson and Big Ben)..but today she just blurted them out like they were old hat.

1. Who is this?
2. Where is Ben?
4. What team?

You'll have to listen closely for the answers! But today, we are one step closer to the complete understanding that there is 1 team in the NFL and 31 others that one to be the Pittsburgh Steelers!!! :cheer: :banana: :tt02:

When my daughter was little I would ask her "Are you my princess"...to which she would always reply..."YES!"
Then I would ask "So what does that make me?"...and she would say "KING!"...(Drove her Mom crazy!)...give it a try..hehehehe:sofunny::sofunny:

HometownGal
07-04-2007, 09:12 AM
What an adorable little girl, stlrtruck!! She's got it on!! :tt02::cheers:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-04-2007, 12:21 PM
You know what they say teach 'em young and early.:tt02:

SteelersMongol
07-04-2007, 08:43 PM
When my daughter was little I would ask her "Are you my princess"...to which she would always reply..."YES!"
Then I would ask "So what does that make me?"...and she would say "KING!"...(Drove her Mom crazy!)...give it a try..hehehehe:sofunny::sofunny:

:toofunny:

SteelersMongol
07-04-2007, 08:52 PM

1. Who is this?
2. Where is Ben?
4. What team?

That's very cute. :thumbsup: I wish my son could talk little better than how he's right now. :bouncy: But I can tell you one thing on my daughter though. She always say "I BLEED BLACK & GOLD" even though she doesn't like anything affiliated with blood. :cheers:

steelpinstripe72
07-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Here's what's next. and I know this first-hand: the Pittsburgh Polka and the Immaculate Reception play-by-play. Because that's what my dad had me doing by the time I was 4. Of course, this was back in 1988 or so, so things may have changed. :smile:

Buzz05
07-05-2007, 06:54 AM
Hahaha thats awsome! Get em hooked young!

stlrtruck
07-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Here's what's next. and I know this first-hand: the Pittsburgh Polka and the Immaculate Reception play-by-play. Because that's what my dad had me doing by the time I was 4. Of course, this was back in 1988 or so, so things may have changed. :smile:

Well, during the season I pull out my Steelers CD and we jam to that. But you're right, I'll need to work on the Polka, the Immaculate Reception, and 5 Time Super Bowl Champion!!

Stlrs4Life
07-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Very cute Stlrstruck.

vasteeler
07-05-2007, 10:43 AM
every morninig my son almost 3 says hi to my danbury mint figures he goes through all of them by name
hi jack
hi terry
hi ben
hi troy
hi hines
then he says here we go steelers here we go
brings a tear to my eye every time:tt02:

stlrtruck
07-05-2007, 11:42 AM
every morninig my son almost 3 says hi to my danbury mint figures he goes through all of them by name
hi jack
hi terry
hi ben
hi troy
hi hines
then he says here we go steelers here we go
brings a tear to my eye every time:tt02:

Well if you want to share those figurines, I'll begin teaching her those too (LOL) :cheers:

Preacher
07-05-2007, 01:05 PM
She is just too cute!!

Man... Your going to hate being a father in about 11 years!!!

Just hope the guy is a Steelers fan!

stlrtruck
07-05-2007, 01:52 PM
She is just too cute!!

Man... Your going to hate being a father in about 11 years!!!

Just hope the guy is a Steelers fan!

That's not a hope - that's a criteria!!!! :cheer: :toofunny:

steelpride12
07-05-2007, 03:13 PM
this is kinda mean but cut her arm and see if she bleeds black and gold my bet is she does!

stlrtruck
07-05-2007, 03:17 PM
this is kinda mean but cut her arm and see if she bleeds black and gold my bet is she does!

It's as black and gold as it comes (at least for the little ones). In 3 more years, I'll be bringing her to Da 'Burgh once a year for a dad/daughter weekend. Including shopping at the mall (for up to date Steelers gear), a trip dahn tahn, and a Sunday afternoon at Heinz Field!!!

The Duke
07-05-2007, 04:19 PM
It's great your daughter is becoming a great steeler fan. If I ever have a kid (:sweating:) I hope to raise him a steeler

steelpride12
07-05-2007, 09:31 PM
It's as black and gold as it comes (at least for the little ones). In 3 more years, I'll be bringing her to Da 'Burgh once a year for a dad/daughter weekend. Including shopping at the mall (for up to date Steelers gear), a trip dahn tahn, and a Sunday afternoon at Heinz Field!!!

aww your a great father be proud!!

SteelersMongol
07-06-2007, 01:01 AM

You're daughter is lucky to have you as her father. :thumbsup: Wish I was in the states. No, scratch that. I WISH I WAS IN OR AROUND DA BURGH WITH MY KIDS. :smile: Actually, I've been telling my daughter that she needs to go to college in Da Burgh, or at least somewhere in the East Coast area. She's seven now and i'd have to wait for about 12 years to see that. :wink02:

stlrtruck
07-06-2007, 07:55 AM
It's great your daughter is becoming a great steeler fan. If I ever have a kid (:sweating:) I hope to raise him a steeler

Be careful about pre-sexing your child as a boy. I did that and God chuckled, then gave me a daughter :toofunny: :sofunny:

aww your a great father be proud!!

Thanks, and I am proud of my daughter. In a few more years I only pray she'll get to meet some of the fine people from SF as we make our annual pilgrimage to Da 'Burgh.

vasteeler
07-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Well if you want to share those figurines, I'll begin teaching her those too (LOL) :cheers:

the only one i would be willing to share is.......im almost too ashamed to admit it
the kordell sewart one that is in its box in the closet ,thought about displaying it
just couldnt bear to do it what if some one saw

stlrtruck
07-06-2007, 12:28 PM
the only one i would be willing to share is.......im almost too ashamed to admit it
the kordell sewart one that is in its box in the closet ,thought about displaying it

Now what kind of father would I be if I only showed her that one. What are you asking me to do to my daughter? I thought you understood! :flap:

section514
07-06-2007, 01:45 PM

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT KORDELL WAS IN THE CLOSET? :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Preacher
07-06-2007, 05:04 PM
WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT KORDELL WAS IN THE CLOSET? :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Bad

Bad

Bad

Bad

:sofunny:

vasteeler
07-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Now what kind of father would I be if I only showed her that one. What are you asking me to do to my daughter? I thought you understood! :flap:

sorry it was really hot here that day, i had a fever, i stumped my toe, my dog just died,
hope you understand i just wasnt thinking well:dang:

stlrtruck
07-09-2007, 11:40 AM
I guess I can excuse it if you send me have the figurines (LOL).

It's all good but another out break like that and I may have to talk to the MODs about your posting priveleges :flap: