PDA

View Full Version : TRANSFORMERS

Maidenarcher
07-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Well, I went to see Transformers last night. Pretty darn cool movie. I really love the sound effects when they transform......

verks36
07-04-2007, 06:03 PM
I saw it to didnt really like it that much
Shia labboff was pretty bad

tony hipchest
07-04-2007, 06:16 PM
i dont know who shioff labia is (or what), so im not expecting to much from him/her/it.

3 questions from those who seen it:

-was it more people and plot, (possibly setting up for a sequel) or more robots?

-was there a hell of alot of battles/explosions/special fx, or was it more about humans talking about what to do to rid the world of robots?

-stayingt true to the story, did the transformers come across as actual characters in the movie, or more of a special effects sideshow like the birds in "the birds"?

pittsburghp8baller
07-04-2007, 06:27 PM
1. the end of the movie doesnt leave much for a sequel in my mind, but the main characters are signed on for a second movie so you never know

2. their were a hell of alot battles/exposions/special fx prob the best special fx ive ever seen in a movie. the robots blend in so well with the actors and the battles between the robots are awesome

3. and yes

i would def recommend everyone to go see whether or not you watched the show or first movie.

MasterOfPuppets
07-04-2007, 06:34 PM
i have about 9 hrs to transform from a drunk,to a productive employee.....:dang:

tony hipchest
07-04-2007, 06:37 PM
2. their were a hell of alot battles/exposions/special fx prob the best special fx ive ever seen in a movie. the robots blend in so well with the actors and the battles between the robots are awesome

thats all i need to hear. definitely sounds entertaining. i wont watch it expecting any "oscar" awards.

i have about 9 hrs to transform from a drunk,to a productive employee..... :toofunny:

klick81
07-04-2007, 06:48 PM
I've heard lots of good things about this movie that I didn't expect. Most defenitely gonna watch it.

tony hipchest
07-04-2007, 07:00 PM
I've heard lots of good things about this movie that I didn't expect. Most defenitely gonna watch it.appearanly this movie is gonna be much bigger than initially expected (on many levels).

economically it is gonna help my area. alot was filmed at holloman AFB new mexico. last friday they had a premeir showing at the base theater where the base general, the governor of our state, and the director of the movie were scheduled to appear. this is a great step in our states initiative to attract big budget hollywood projects. i can say for sure the economic impact definitely trickles down to the average joe.

Crushzilla
07-04-2007, 07:41 PM
I just got back.

I thought it was very good, except I was kind of drunk from our cookout when I went in. I sobered up in about 30 minutes. This movie was intense.

I really liked it. I wasn't really a big Transformer fan when I was younger, I just knew some of the characters and the general back story.

Its put together well. Enough exposition to clue in those who don't know much about the story and more than enough action to keep it going strong.

Go see it. Its def. the best movie I've seen all summer.

MasterOfPuppets
07-04-2007, 07:53 PM
I just got back.

I thought it was very good, except I was kind of drunk from our cookout when I went in. I sobered up in about 30 minutes. This movie was intense.

I really liked it. I wasn't really a big Transformer fan when I was younger, I just knew some of the characters and the general back story.

Its put together well. Enough exposition to clue in those who don't know much about the story and more than enough action to keep it going strong.

Go see it. Its def. the best movie I've seen all summer.:alcoholic...this movie is awesome....:sofunny:

Crushzilla
07-04-2007, 08:01 PM
:alcoholic...this movie is awesome....:sofunny:

Is there any other way to enjoy the cinematic magic that takes hundreds of people and million dollars to create?

SteelersMongol
07-04-2007, 09:08 PM
I haven't seen it, but I loved the trailer. Besides my youngest brother who just got back from Taiwan kept talking about. So I'm definetely gonna watch it.

Only thing that I worry is that some idiots who get their movies from Russian or Chinese balckmarket, would show it on TV. I'm afraid they might ruin it for many because of it's possible terrible Russian dubb, big Chinese characters on the bottom of the screen, and with bad Mongolian translations. Not that I watch TV anymore these days.

PisnNapalm
07-04-2007, 10:10 PM
I went to see it today. I thoroughly enjoyed it. http://www.bomberboys.com/Smilies/buttrock.gif It was definitely worth seeing in the theater.

Livinginthe past
07-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Whats not to love about the Transformers?

The toys were/are excellently engineered.

I bought the comics religiously but im still traumatised by the memory of my sister sitting on Optimus Prime and breaking the back door off his trailer.

steelersfanmx
07-05-2007, 12:06 AM
I have to wait another week to see it in Mexican Theaters...:pde:

Buzz05
07-05-2007, 06:57 AM
Im going to see it on Sunday, im so pumped.

I did see Live Free or Die Hard Tuesday night...not too bad although it was shot and filmed mostly in Baltimore and made to look like DC....but lots of stuff being blown up and McLean being his typical self..good movie

memphissteelergirl
07-05-2007, 10:57 AM
I normally don't go for sci-fi or action films, but I just might see this one. I was a fan of the animated TV series back in the 80's (OK...so what if I was in my early 20's...ya got a problem with that?? :bat:) :flap:

Optimus Prime was my favorite...:wink02:

Hines0wnz
07-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Easily the best movie of the summer. I went in with minimal expectations because of the director but he got this one spot on. I loved the way the story unfolded along with a good mix of special fx and action. The complaints about Shia LeBouf are silly because who in their right mind expects a Ben Hur type performance from a cartoon-based movie? :flap:

verks36
07-06-2007, 05:04 PM
i dont know who shioff labia is (or what), so im not expecting to much from him/her/it.

3 questions from those who seen it:

-was it more people and plot, (possibly setting up for a sequel) or more robots?

-was there a hell of alot of battles/explosions/special fx, or was it more about humans talking about what to do to rid the world of robots?

-stayingt true to the story, did the transformers come across as actual characters in the movie, or more of a special effects sideshow like the birds in "the birds"?

K my bad i mispelled his name it is spelled Shia LaBeouf and he is one of the main charcters in the movie.

This is him is like the teenager

http://www.mtv.com/shared/promoimages/movies/l/labeouf_shia/trl_02_14_2005/281x211.jpg

revefsreleets
07-06-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm going tomorrow. I expect to be entertained, but more like going to the circus then going to see a Shakespeare play. I've never understood why it's not okay to be entertained by both?

tony hipchest
07-06-2007, 05:14 PM
K my bad i mispelled his name it is spelled Shia LaBeouf and he is one of the main charcters in the movie.

This is him is like the teenager

well i would never expect too much out of that when i would hope the robots are a main focus. i guess its like terminator II, where the kid was pretty much awful in it as a central figure yet it was still a huge draw, and still about arnold and the "terminators".

if the story line and special effects are good i probably wont even notice any horrible acting.

Preacher
07-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Whats not to love about the Transformers?

The toys were/are excellently engineered.

I bought the comics religiously but im still traumatised by the memory of my sister sitting on Optimus Prime and breaking the back door off his trailer.

And suddenly...

Everything about LITP falls into place.

:sofunny:

tony hipchest
07-06-2007, 06:17 PM
And suddenly...

:sofunny:is it true he only roots for the patriots because their new logo looks most like Megatron?

Livinginthe past
07-06-2007, 11:28 PM
is it true he only roots for the patriots because their new logo looks most like Megatron?

LOL :toofunny:

Go Patriots!

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/n_mckeown/megatronhead2.jpg

Livinginthe past
07-06-2007, 11:29 PM
And suddenly...

:sofunny:

Hey enough of the psycho-analysis, Preach :flap:

tony hipchest
07-06-2007, 11:34 PM
]LOL :toofunny:

Go Patriots!

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/n_mckeown/megatronhead2.jpgwow, thats the new megatron??? far cry from the .45 pistol (or cartoon/comic) i had, which was suprisingly real, and lifelike for a toy back in the 80's.

i was thinking more of this...lol...:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/Megatron-cartoon07.jpg

]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/patriots.jpg:chuckle:

SteelCzar76
07-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Excellent 'thrill ride" movie !

Yeah,....some things were 'lost in translation' from what Gen Xers remember from our youth. But that is often the case at least to a degree according to what the director's perspective is in terms of realism or visual asthetic. (hey,...IMO they made up for the 'look' of the decepticonz with Megan "you can't be real" Fox) LOL

But for the most part,...Bay "did it real big" with this movie.:thumbsup:

Livinginthe past
07-07-2007, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=tony hipchest;263047]]wow, thats the new megatron??? far cry from the .45 pistol (or cartoon/comic) i had, which was suprisingly real, and lifelike for a toy back in the 80's.

i was thinking more of this...lol...:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/Megatron-cartoon07.jpg

]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/patriots.jpg:chuckle:[/QUOTE

Yeah thats guy I 'grew up with' - but if you imagine the new guy side on he looks a little like Flyin' Elvis!]

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-07-2007, 05:05 PM
When I first saw previews for it I thought it would be cheesy but I'v heard so good thigs so I might see it.

Maidenarcher
07-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Well, I just saw it for the 2nd time this morning.....And, I must say it was so much better this time around. The first time I saw it I was a little tipsy..........

I will say this movie has surpassed anything else I have seen this summer. The only movie that I have seen this entire year that was better, was 300. Next week I am going to see Harry Potter and I have no doubt it will be great too.

MasterOfPuppets
07-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Well, I just saw it for the 2nd time this morning.....And, I must say it was so much better this time around. The first time I saw it I was a little tipsy..........

I will say this movie has surpassed anything else I have seen this summer. The only movie that I have seen this entire year that was better, was 300. Next week I am going to see Harry Potter and I have no doubt it will be great too.
did you go see it with cruchzilla the first time?:alcoholic

Newzfoxjr
07-08-2007, 10:44 PM
This movie was pretty freaking cool, and way funnier than I had expected...I liked it...the only thing I disliked is how.. Optimus seemed a little meaner than what I remember from the other shows. I don't know.

But overall, awesome movie! I loved it. =D

Maidenarcher
07-09-2007, 03:52 PM
did you go see it with cruchzilla the first time?:alcoholic

You would've thought we might have.....LOL

Crushzilla
07-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Hey.. hey...

Its not my fault they released it on the biggest booze holiday of the year. My cinematic life well never interfere with my drinking life on the 4th of July.

:party:

:drink:

tony hipchest
07-09-2007, 05:31 PM
i guess the box office draw for the weekend was HUGE! (im not sure if it included all days since the 3rd but it raked in over $150 million (which was said to be a bigger take than the 1st spiderman movie.

i cant believe i sold my transformer comics around '90 to buy football cards. :dang: for what its worth the 2nd appearance of VENOM alien costume (the star villan in spiderman III) was in transformers #2 which happened to have a guest appearance from spider man (yes, im a dork).

all my original transformer toys (which i took great care of) were handed down to my little brother and eventually shot, burned, broken, and thrown away. :dang: e-bay would love them i bet.

SteelCzar76
07-09-2007, 06:24 PM
all my original transformer toys (which i took great care of) were handed down to my little brother and eventually shot, burned, broken, and thrown away. :dang: e-bay would love them i bet.

And if 'Jet Fire' would have been one of those available,...i would have copped it at whatever the asking price for the sake of nostalgia Tone. (Yes i'm still bitter that my cousin 'finished' that one):sofunny::sofunny:

revefsreleets
07-09-2007, 06:44 PM
I saw it yesterday, and I thought it was okay. Shia LaBeouf was fine. He's actually a pretty accomplished actor, and he did a much better job then the kid who played Anakin Skywalker did playing against 80% blue screen where there was nothing actually there.

The SPFX were awesome and seamless, and you really never stopped to think for a second that they weren't real characters. A lot of action. But Michael Bay has a real problem with falling in love with too many of his scenes that need to be left on the cutting room floor. The movie was 30 minutes too long just like almost all his other movies, but at least this one made the extra 30 minutes entertaining. Pearl Harbor had just way too much extra crap on it, and Armageddon was painful to watch after about 1:45.

And there will definitely be a sequel:
1) Steven Spielberg wants at least one, and that's enough right there.
2) Why sink the remains instead of destroy them?
3) Optimus' call to all at the end.
4) 152 million in 7 days.

revefsreleets
07-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Oh, by the way, did anyone see the mystery trailer before the movie? It was about a going away party for a guy named Rob who was going to Japan and it was all filmed on VHS just like Blair Witch Project. Then there was an earthquake like event, some explosion and a bunch on meteor-like things flung all over NY City. Seemed almost like a Godzilla sequel.

I noticed it was produced by JJ Abrams (Lost, among other odd things) and i looked it up online, and, get this. Nothing. Nobody knows anything. Even Paramount, the company making it denies knowing anything about the project. Supposedly it's called "Cloverleaf", and it's about a giant monster parasite attacking NYC, but nobody knows that for sure or can even confirm if it's a real movie.

I have to admit, that is really clever marketing, and I'll go see the movie (if there is a movie) just because of how well and mysteriously they presented it.

Maidenarcher
07-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Oh, by the way, did anyone see the mystery trailer before the movie? It was about a going away party for a guy named Rob who was going to Japan and it was all filmed on VHS just like Blair Witch Project. Then there was an earthquake like event, some explosion and a bunch on meteor-like things flung all over NY City. Seemed almost like a Godzilla sequel.

I noticed it was produced by JJ Abrams (Lost, among other odd things) and i looked it up online, and, get this. Nothing. Nobody knows anything. Even Paramount, the company making it denies knowing anything about the project. Supposedly it's called "Cloverleaf", and it's about a giant monster parasite attacking NYC, but nobody knows that for sure or can even confirm if it's a real movie.

I have to admit, that is really clever marketing, and I'll go see the movie (if there is a movie) just because of how well and mysteriously they presented it.

Oh, I saw that preview. It was kind of weird, because they didn't give a title to it. You are right. It does seem like a Godzilla movie...Who knows though.

revefsreleets
07-10-2007, 03:49 PM
I found the trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/

(Click on 1-18-08)

j-dawg
07-16-2007, 07:14 PM
i got to see the flick on 4th of july... they had the cars parked around the cinaramadome... i was having network problems with my phone, but finally got 'em resolved.. good times!!
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/veryprofane/2.2.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/veryprofane/2.5.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/veryprofane/2.3.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/veryprofane/2.7.jpg
i got all up in primes grill...

lilyoder6
07-17-2007, 11:07 AM
the movie was sick as ----

ShutDown24
07-17-2007, 12:43 PM
I loved it...

It was un-expectedly hilarious... "Criminals are hot!"

Jman
07-19-2007, 08:30 AM
Transformers was awesome. The changes in the story were good. When you heard the voice of Prime...Good times.

The Duke
07-19-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm going to see it today, hope it lives up to the hype, but from what i've heard everyone has liked it.

SteelersMongol
07-22-2007, 09:34 PM
I went to see the movie last Saturday as it opened on Friday in Mongolia. Since I wasn't any fantastic or sci-fi, if you will, movie fan I wasn't expecting much. BUT IT WAS HUGE. I don't think I've had that much excitement in theater in last couple years. Can't wait for the sequel.