PDA

View Full Version : new steelers star

ben2hines=6
07-06-2007, 01:20 PM
which steeler do u guys think has a chance to shine this year that maybe didnt get the chance last year?

tony hipchest
07-06-2007, 01:25 PM
i think the obvious choice will be heath miller. i dont think nate washington has reached his full potential. keisel and/or harrison may have a chance to turn in a pro bowl calibur year.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-06-2007, 01:36 PM
i think the obvious choice will be heath miller. i dont think nate washington has reached his full potential. keisel and/or harrison may have a chance to turn in a pro bowl calibur year.

I agree Tony...Miller may have a Monster year this year...but I think, based on the last 5 games, that Holmes will show this year that he is all we had hoped he would be!

stillers4me
07-06-2007, 01:38 PM
I just know in my gut that both Santonio and Heath Miller are going to break out this year and I really hope Anthony Smith moves forward on the promise he showed last year. (Keep those interceptions comin' son!)

We really need James Harrison to kick a$$ and I met him on draft day was really impressed with how genuine he was....... he was a very nice guy and friendly to the fans. I really hope he does well and makes us all say "Joey who??" Loved the hit on TJ Humpsallama.......Silverback can be one nasty mutha........!

SteelCityMan786
07-06-2007, 01:46 PM
I just know in my gut that both Santonio and Heath Miller are going to break out this year and I really hope Anthony Smith moves forward on the promise he showed last year. (Keep those interceptions comin' son!)

We really need James Harrison to kick a$$ and I met him on draft day was really impressed with how genuine he was....... he was a very nice guy and friendly to the fans. I really hope he does well and makes us all say "Joey who??" Loved the hit on TJ Humpsallama.......Silverback can be one nasty mutha........!

Yeah, hopefully I'll be able to yell Joey Who? a lot this year when I go to the Steelers game I'm heading to.

Anyway, good to see we have another class act filling Joey's roll.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-06-2007, 01:52 PM

LOL...loved the hit Smith put on TJ also!!!

stillers4me
07-06-2007, 01:59 PM
ok......my bad...........I think Harrison hit Chad Johnson!!! I just watched the clip the other day...... Didn't he pick him up and toss him back down?? Still wouldn't want to get in Harrison's way!

stillers4me
07-06-2007, 02:04 PM
This is the hit........made him a star in my eyes!! (he just needs to make it look a little more legal!!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Steelers/harrison2.gif

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-06-2007, 02:10 PM
ok......my bad...........I think Harrison hit Chad Johnson!!! I just watched the clip the other day...... Didn't he pick him up and toss him back down?? Still wouldn't want to get in Harrison's way!

No...Your right..Harrison had a good hit on TJ on a short pass to the line of scrimmage this last year, seperating him from the ball ....and he Body-slammed Chad in a game also.

stillers4me
07-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Anybody that jacks up both TJ and CJ is :thumbsup:

Counselor
07-06-2007, 02:24 PM
I have a feeling we're going to have a lot of guys stepping up this year--all the guys mentioned, but I'm looking for Kiesel to make a big impression in his new "rover" role.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-06-2007, 03:16 PM
I have a feeling Smith, Harrison, and Holmes will all have fine seasons but I think that Smith will make a bigger impact.

stlrtruck
07-06-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm going with Anthony Smith. I think by mid-season he'll be a starter. They'll find places to put him so he can play in games.

oldschool
07-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Kiesel the DIESEL!!! I'm definately expecting him to come on big time this year.

Stlrs4Life
07-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Harrison, also believe Holmes will star also.

LambertLunatic
07-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Hopefully, Kemoeatu,Okobi, or another O lineman will step up. The O line is the one area that has me concerened. both for this season and long term. Sepulveda may very well be the team's rookie of the year.

revefsreleets
07-06-2007, 04:53 PM
I got Smith. Remember how much Troy improved from year one to year two? I remember a lt of people calling him a bust after year one!

LarryNJ
07-06-2007, 05:01 PM
I voted for Smith, although I'd love to see Willie Reid become a return star. Our special teams could really use it after last year.

verks36
07-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Calling it right now Have my word James Harrison will have a MONSTER year. This guy thrives on speacail teams and when he had a chance to play for a injuryed linebacker last year he made the most of his oppurtinty. Now in the starting role this year i think he will do even better. I think he will turn into a very similar player to Joey Porter and hopefulyl takes the role as team leader.
The only thing that will hurt him is that he is still on almost all the speacail teams so he is going ot be on the field alot hope fully that doesnt take to much of a toll on him. Also it might help if timmons spells him on a couple downs to give James a breather

The Duke
07-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Kiesel the DIESEL!!! I'm definately expecting him to come on big time this year.

I love that name. Keisel will be a monster on and off the defensive line, he'll have a breakout year.

Galax Steeler
07-07-2007, 04:49 AM
I've got to say holmes and smith that is my choice but as tony said heath could have a break out year.

HometownGal
07-07-2007, 11:36 AM
All of 'em, but I have to go with Santo. :thumbsup: He showed me a lot of speed and talent last season, but had a little trouble holding onto the ball at times. I think I shall buy him a gift certificate to the Fred Biletnikoff School of Proper Glue Application. :wink02:

I think we're going to see a lot out of Anthony Smith this season and I truly believe James Harrison is going to step it up. Out of our rookies - I think Sepulveda is going to shine. :tt02:

http://www.afca.org/pics5/0/WQ/WQPIOWBTSJOXXBU.20061130143552.jpg

:lust::lust:

http://images.sportsline.com/images/collegefootball/sepulvedapunter.jpg

SteelCzar76
07-07-2007, 12:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0imu31yP2Fw

That's the range , intensity and talent you need at the Safety positions.

Anthony Smith,......nuff said.

Elvis
07-07-2007, 06:57 PM
I voted for Harrison... Just got to believe the vet will step up.. he has shown some talent in the past when subing for players.. I think that he is ready...
:tt02:

Preacher
07-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Anthony Smith... Sure hits harder the Lee Flowers did!! and he is just a stud... But I can't say he will shine this year as opposed to last, because I think he set the standards really high last year for what he could do.

Heath Miller? Maybe... he could be a real stud in our offense.. and I would LOVE to see him 15 yards downfield throwing blocks on a draw play as well.

Santonio? I have to think that he will put the smack down on opposing teams this year... until he draws the double teams... Which is why Heath may end up being the one that shines.

With Porter Gone... I think maybe Harrison on D will be the one that really steps up. However, Will he step up and shine brighter then colon on the Oline? I don't know...

thus, I have to put my list this way...

Harrison/Colon <---- Will be talked about by other teams with tremendous respect at the end of this year.

Santonio... Will shine brightly in spots... but will end up drawing a double team too much... which will let Willie Parker and heath miller shine.

Anthony Smith will make mistakes because of his aggressiveness this year, which will cast a shadow on an otherwise stellar season... but he will learn from it.

So who will shine brightest?

With everything I have said about him.. yelled and screamed about him.... Beleive it or not.. I am going to go out on a limb...

Ike Taylor. He will get isolated next year a few times by new blitzing schemes... but he will learn to depend on Anthony Smith... as a result, He will learn to take away the outside and over the top routes... allowing Anthony to protect the comeback/inside routes 15, 20 yards downfield.......

The result of all this? Ike will be considered returning to form and a shutdown cornerback.

suprasad
07-07-2007, 10:36 PM
I think a few guys will step up and put themselves on the map: Santonio, Heath, Anthony, Harrison, Timmons and Woodley.

FastWillieParker39
07-08-2007, 12:03 AM
You guys saw what Santonio did on the last play against the Bungals in OT?

Yea expect more of that :tt02:

83-Steelers-43
07-09-2007, 07:46 PM
On offense I can easily see Miller IF the Steelers decide to use Miller to his fullest. All signs up to this point have shown (to me at least) that they plan on using our TE's more than the Cowher-era Steelers. Until then, I'll believe it when I see it.

But I feel Brett Keisel will be the man who steps up BIG TIME this season. While I felt he played very solid last season (underrated to a degree IMO), I think this season many will see him make some major plays.

Just my 2 cents.

83-Steelers-43
07-10-2007, 12:16 AM
You guys saw what Santonio did on the last play against the Bungals in OT?

Yea expect more of that :tt02:

I'm all for that and I feel Holmes is capable. It comes down to Ben being able to do "that" for Holmes. If we had a solid o-line and a QB not coming off a 23 INT season I would agree with Holmes.

DJfan
07-10-2007, 01:09 AM
Too many may come up big. Many will.

Miller, Ben, Harrison, Ike, you name it.

This year just feels good.

tony hipchest
07-10-2007, 01:27 AM
which steeler do u guys think has a chance to shine this year that maybe didnt get the chance last year? when thinking about this question, i definitely focussed alot on this aspect of it.

holmes and smith were definitely given a fair shot to shine, and that they did. i stand by my initial response of heath miller being given a shot along with b. kiesel and harrison. like 83 said, kiesel should step up big this year and i feel he can be a potential pro bowler.

however i like what preacher said about ike taylor. being yanked from the starting line-up you cant really say he was "given a shot" last year. and of all the players we have, he definitely has the most room for improvement. i still think of fred smoot talking about how mike tomlin benching him made him a better player. (wacko free spending dan snyder agreed). ike taylor has the greatest room to improve. i will not be suprised if any of taylor, kiesel, or miller make the pro bowl (tough competition, kiesels got the best shot)

its great to know we have so many players who are more than likely to get better than they are to get worse :cheers:

SteelCzar76
07-10-2007, 07:34 AM
when thinking about this question, i definitely focussed alot on this aspect of it.

holmes and smith were definitely given a fair shot to shine, and that they did. i stand by my initial response of heath miller being given a shot along with b. kiesel and harrison. like 83 said, kiesel should step up big this year and i feel he can be a potential pro bowler.

however i like what preacher said about ike taylor. being yanked from the starting line-up you cant really say he was "given a shot" last year. and of all the players we have, he definitely has the most room for improvement. i still think of fred smoot talking about how mike tomlin benching him made him a better player. (wacko free spending dan snyder agreed). ike taylor has the greatest room to improve. i will not be suprised if any of taylor, kiesel, or miller make the pro bowl (tough competition, kiesels got the best shot)

its great to know we have so many players who are more than likely to get better than they are to get worse :cheers:

I still maintain the opinion that Ant (Smith) will become our newest "standout" player. But i do agree that Keisel could very well become more of an impact player than any of us ever truly realized he could be.

And this quite possibly is contingent upon him making the switch to the OLB position. (ie: Kevin Greene)

He's got the athleticism to do so,......and if i were the head coach he'd get the same 'shot' at the position as Silverback going into and for the duration of camp and the preseason.

But then again,.....that might be "too much like sound logic". And completely offset Tomlin's "Timmons experiment". LOL (Knock it off)

memphissteelergirl
07-10-2007, 11:44 AM
I voted for Anthony Smith...he has the potential to be a real playmaker.

But on offense, I think Heath Miller is going to have a great year also.

PalmerSteel
07-10-2007, 12:05 PM
i voted for holmes but i would have voted for Ike. IMO, this will his best year by far and will make the pro bowl.