PDA

View Full Version : Doumit scratched because of hamstring

SteelCityMan786
07-08-2007, 09:41 PM
http://post-gazette.com/pg/07189/800262-100.stm

Pirates scratch Doumit due to hamstring injury

Sunday, July 08, 2007
By Dejan Kovacevic, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ryan Doumit will not play today in the Pirates' game against the Chicago Cubs at PNC Park because of a strained left hamstring, the same one that cost him half of last season.

Doumit, a catcher and right fielder who is batting .305, was injured last night in the seventh inning while running from first to second base on a Ronny Paulino single. He wound up scoring on Jack Wilson's double and remained in the game, but he later complained to the athletic trainers about the problem.

This morning, manager Jim Tracy said, it was decided to keep him out for precautionary reasons.

"With it being the same hamstring, that sends up kind of a red flag," Tracy said. "We can't take a chance on damaging that thing again."

Another injured player, first baseman Adam LaRoche, will be back in the lineup after his ailing left knee "felt better," Tracy said, than when he was scratched last night.

Crushzilla
07-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Well as soon as we get some momentum going...

Like clockwork.

Hopefully LaRoche is feeling a lot better and won't hurt that knee. Doumit is greatly needed in the outfield though with Duffy out...

Sucks...

SteelCityMan786
07-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Well as soon as we get some momentum going...

Like clockwork.

Hopefully LaRoche is feeling a lot better and won't hurt that knee. Doumit is greatly needed in the outfield though with Duffy out...

Sucks...

The thing is, I think that outfield is pretty well set. Bay may not be as great of a hitter, but he is one hell of a fielder.

Crushzilla
07-08-2007, 10:36 PM
The thing is, I think that outfield is pretty well set. Bay may not be as great of a hitter, but he is one hell of a fielder.

Ya but with Duffy on the DL (I believe he still is), we're looking at Bay, Nady, and McLouth with no really reliable subs...

SteelCityMan786
07-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Ya but with Duffy on the DL (I believe he still is), we're looking at Bay, Nady, and McLouth with no really reliable subs...

That's for sure.