PDA

View Full Version : best backfield

ben2hines=6
07-09-2007, 09:02 PM
i recently got into a debate on who has the best backfield in the nation this year and now im ready to hear everybodys thoughts, i thought it was pretty clear cut who it was but a friend had a different opinion...u have west virginia, arkansas, and other to chose from if u chose other please state who and why

ben2hines=6
07-09-2007, 09:04 PM
i think the obvious answer is west virginia with steve slaton, owen schmidt, incoming freshman noel devine and u have to count pat white in as well

SteelCityMan786
07-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Don't forget white to.

pittsburghp8baller
07-09-2007, 11:57 PM
i think its arkansas. mcfadden is the best back in the nation without a doubt. then felix jones, who finised second in the sec in rushing behind guess who- mcfadden, is almost just as good a running back and is one of the best kick returners in the nation.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-10-2007, 10:38 AM
i think its arkansas. mcfadden is the best back in the nation without a doubt. then felix jones, who finised second in the sec in rushing behind guess who- mcfadden, is almost just as good a running back and is one of the best kick returners in the nation.

I have to agree McFadden is probably the front runner for the Heismen this year and Jones isnt too bad either.

ben2hines=6
07-10-2007, 08:00 PM
well, i still to this day dont see why mcfadden is held above slaton...slatons ypc last year was 7 while mcfaddens was 5.8 and to nagate all those people who bash the big east and say that slaton is just getting his yards on junk teams the big east went 6-0 last year in the bowl games....and slaton broke the sugar bowl rushing record against which was the number 5 rush defense in the nation in georgia his freshamn year....slaton also doubled mcfaddens recieving yards last year.....now i dont want to sound like im dawging mcfadden because he is an exceptional talent as is jones but with pat whites numbers on top of slatons with 1200yrds and the nations best fullback, and devine comming in as the #3 recruit in the nation at rb its hard to go against the mountees

Godfather
07-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Don't forget LSU.

Keiland Williams and Charles Scott are absolute studs. Alley Broussard will be a first-round pick if he recovers from his injuries.

pittsburghp8baller
07-13-2007, 10:59 AM
well, i still to this day dont see why mcfadden is held above slaton...slatons ypc last year was 7 while mcfaddens was 5.8 and to nagate all those people who bash the big east and say that slaton is just getting his yards on junk teams the big east went 6-0 last year in the bowl games....and slaton broke the sugar bowl rushing record against which was the number 5 rush defense in the nation in georgia his freshamn year....slaton also doubled mcfaddens recieving yards last year.....now i dont want to sound like im dawging mcfadden because he is an exceptional talent as is jones but with pat whites numbers on top of slatons with 1200yrds and the nations best fullback, and devine comming in as the #3 recruit in the nation at rb its hard to go against the mountees

i agree slaton is good but mcfadden is more complete. the offense he is in there is no need for him to catch and there felix jones who is really good out of the backfield. im not saying that he is a system runner but look at the offense they run at WVU, there mcfadden was there he would avg 7 a carry too. mcfadden runs in between the tackles as well as break one deep around the corner. i havent seen much of slaton but i know the offense and the running in between the tackles is prob schmitts' job right? i think there are pretty equal but the fact that you have darren mcfadden, who even lines up at quarterback in their "wildcat" formation just puts arkansas over west virginia. and i think when he is healthy peyton hillis is the best fullback in the nation. its hard to say hes not when you block for two 1,000 yard backs (white and slaton i think both ran for over 1,000 yards but schmitt isnt out there every play.

section514
07-13-2007, 11:01 AM
I have to go with WVU as well, they are so fast, how can they be stopped, WVU/PSU in title game? ground vs. the Air attack. I hope so

ben2hines=6
07-13-2007, 04:30 PM
i agree slaton is good but mcfadden is more complete. the offense he is in there is no need for him to catch and there felix jones who is really good out of the backfield. im not saying that he is a system runner but look at the offense they run at WVU, there mcfadden was there he would avg 7 a carry too. mcfadden runs in between the tackles as well as break one deep around the corner. i havent seen much of slaton but i know the offense and the running in between the tackles is prob schmitts' job right? i think there are pretty equal but the fact that you have darren mcfadden, who even lines up at quarterback in their "wildcat" formation just puts arkansas over west virginia. and i think when he is healthy peyton hillis is the best fullback in the nation. its hard to say hes not when you block for two 1,000 yard backs (white and slaton i think both ran for over 1,000 yards but schmitt isnt out there every play.

all slaton really does is run between the tackles, if u look under youtube and look up steve slaton u can see the highlights of him going between the tackles and then juking the saftey (hense georgia).......but yes mcfadden is indeed a stud and we will all see who comes out with that rb of the year trophy

pittsburghp8baller
07-13-2007, 07:56 PM
all slaton really does is run between the tackles, if u look under youtube and look up steve slaton u can see the highlights of him going between the tackles and then juking the saftey (hense georgia).......but yes mcfadden is indeed a stud and we will all see who comes out with that rb of the year trophy

thanks even though i live in va ive only seen two WVU games (both backyard brawls) and i never got slaton has a guy who runs up the tackle. as of right now as far as doak walker awards (top rb) Arkansas 1- West Viriginia 0

ben2hines=6
07-15-2007, 01:56 PM
yea, and if the award goes by stats thats a joke slaton was hurt for the rutgers game and still rushed like a beast and didnt even play in the gator bowl and still outrushed mcfadden......its def. going to be an interesting year, cant wait to get it started ......LETS GOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!!!!!

pittsburghp8baller
07-15-2007, 02:06 PM
ill say this both slaton/mcfadden are some great backs and def have bright futures in the NFL

i would like to see mcfadden in the offense that slaton runs.

ben2hines=6
07-15-2007, 05:17 PM
yea that would def. be interesting seems like mcfadden and slaton both have a little reggie bush in their step and they're both still so young.......they're saying that devine might be faster than slaton, that should make everything interesting for pat white throwing the ball down the field to the running backs more often this year too.......just wondering also, who is gonna be qb'in this year year in arkansas??....

pittsburghp8baller
07-15-2007, 06:16 PM
yea that would def. be interesting seems like mcfadden and slaton both have a little reggie bush in their step and they're both still so young.......they're saying that devine might be faster than slaton, that should make everything interesting for pat white throwing the ball down the field to the running backs more often this year too.......just wondering also, who is gonna be qb'in this year year in arkansas??....

casey dick- mitch mustain transfered i think. casey isnt the greatest passer so alot teams stack the box to try and stop mcfadden. thats why slaton gets so much open field. they spread it out and white is a decent passer. my friend loves WVU and he records a lot of their games so i watched a bunch the other day and for u to say devine might faster than slaton i didnt think u can get much faster than what slaton runs

CantStop85
07-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Best backfield belongs to Arkansas.

I don't consider Pat White as part of the discussion as he is a quarterback.

Elvis
07-15-2007, 09:13 PM
All these opinions are great arent they? I voted for West VA, but I think that Arkansas' has the best overall back in the country in McFadden in my opinion.

ben2hines=6
07-19-2007, 08:36 PM
well cant stop when a qb runs for 1200 yards i do think u have to involve that in a backfield discussion especially when 90percent of our plays are outta the shotgun formation........and yea slaton is a one cut runner who gets to top speed so dang fast and yes baller i do fully agree that its gonna take a real peace of man to run faster than slaton but the word is out this guy may be faster, either way it'll be fun to watch, i'd like to see slaton, mcfadden and pat white all in the heisman race this year, and just for the big easts sake we could throw brohm in there too

RoethlisBURGHer
07-27-2007, 01:24 PM
I would agree that Arkansas has the best.

Honorable Mention:

Ohio State Buckeyes

Chris Wells was the #1 RB on scout.com's top 100 college prospects,and he signed with the Buckeyes.

He played in all 13 games behind starter Antonio Pittman,here are his stats:

Carries- 104
Yards- 576
YPC- 5.6
TD's- 7

Highlight run of the year: A 52 yard TD run against Michigan.

His backup will be Maurice Wells who has done well in spot duty for the Buckeyes.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-15-2007, 02:35 PM
i recently got into a debate on who has the best backfield in the nation this year and now im ready to hear everybodys thoughts, i thought it was pretty clear cut who it was but a friend had a different opinion...u have west virginia, arkansas, and other to chose from if u chose other please state who and why

Pretty shocking that each chioce - other than other - fell far east of the Mississippi River...or not. For the record McFadden is solid. If you take away the most embarassing performance in Razorback history last season against the Trojans and add his experience to the mix then he has to be considered.

For the two or three (or none) of you who may be wondering what is news at Tailback U I send great comfort to know that Joe McKnight is showing that the film on this cat did not lie. Already there is major talk of transfers out by others not named McKnight.

The stable is reloaded. Considering this cat is from the Bajou...LSU read and weep.