Suitanim
09-14-2005, 09:32 AM
Not that these mean anything, but...

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

ngreene15
09-14-2005, 01:22 PM
I disagree with FOX's rankings.

The Bills and the Colts didn't look that impressive in their victories.

CBS's seem about right.

Koopa
09-14-2005, 01:51 PM
ok that's dumb why the hell we ranked below the damn bills on this foxsports they played a crappier team then we did and they didn't get it going until the fourth quarter.

clevestinks
09-14-2005, 03:25 PM
Its so funny how you hear from everyone that "Its only one game" or "The Titans suck" yet everyone moved us up on thier powerrankings. I myself would rather stay low, and under the radar.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-14-2005, 11:21 PM
We just cant win..If we'd have blown that game, everybody would be screaming that we lost to a crappy team! But we win and they still downplay it. A win is a win is a win..and come playoff time, thats all that matters!

Koopa
09-14-2005, 11:25 PM
and they give the bills credit for beating the texans they just as bad as the titans. oh well all them hoes gonna have a stupid look on they faces when the steelers are getting fitted for rings

hardwork
09-15-2005, 11:46 AM
Fly under the radar? Lol. Everybody I know thinks the Steelers are the second best team in the NFL. And considering our schedule over the several weeks you may be rated no. 1 soon. So you can forget "under the radar". You don't have the target on your back we have, but you're a marked team.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-15-2005, 02:28 PM
I still think we should be ranked above fucking Buffalo.They played the Texans...not like they are an elite team.They got creamed by the Browns at the end of last year!

Buffalo's defense ain't all that great.They'll lose twice to the Pats...probally lose at least once to the Jets...and I can see Miami beating them at least once also.I see them losing to Tampa,Atlanta,San Diego,Carolina,and Cinci.

That's 9 losses right there,best the can do is 7-9.

Prosdo
09-15-2005, 02:38 PM
I really don't invest a lot into these rankings. I can see putting the Colts ahead of us. The Bills I really can't see though.

Livinginthe past
09-15-2005, 03:02 PM
We just cant win..If we'd have blown that game, everybody would be screaming that we lost to a crappy team! But we win and they still downplay it. A win is a win is a win..and come playoff time, thats all that matters!

I dont think you will get to play the Titans in the playoffs this year somehow!

It seems logical that if you play a very weak team then you shouldnt get overly praised for beating them - unless you are the Colts of course (not referring to the ravens...just last years humiliations they heaped upon teams unable to defend themselves)

Im afraid you will be in for more of the same this week too! - The Houston Texans have possibly the second worse O-Line in football after the Redskins and I imagine that Davey Carr will be seeing menacing Steeler-colored blurs on the edges of his vision long after the game has finished...

Week3 is when you get the chance to shoot up them rankings - I think you've got some ok-ish opposition lined up for then.....

Cheers

NM

Koopa
09-15-2005, 04:44 PM
dude ya'll beat the damn raiders. they are shit, they got no d what so ever, their o is shit once you triple moss cause collins is a retard and doesn't know what a short pass is their running game is highly overrated, and they rank ya'll number 1 cause ya'll beat them.

Prosdo
09-15-2005, 09:53 PM
It will be hard to get the Pats off the number 1 spot. They are the defending champs and did win their 1st game. It would take probably someone ranked in the #2 or #3 spot to beat them for them to move down on the list.

ironcitychef
09-16-2005, 01:11 AM
1) NE - in order to be the man...
2) IND - gets more votes for beating BAL, than we get for beating TEN...
3) PIT - slotting us here until we play them...
4) ATL - They are the only ones who run like we do...
5) BUF - Have quietly put together a great two season resume...

bigbensgirl7
09-16-2005, 08:49 AM
I don't really liek the power rankings...but I'm glad to see we are getting some credit after last weeks performance (even in the Fox rankings, we moved up)

Livinginthe past
09-16-2005, 02:26 PM
dude ya'll beat the damn raiders. they are shit, they got no d what so ever, their o is shit once you triple moss cause collins is a retard and doesn't know what a short pass is their running game is highly overrated, and they rank ya'll number 1 cause ya'll beat them.

Hey Koopa,

As your 'posting princess' Prosdo and 'Head Chef of Steelerville' ICC have noted - to BE the man you have to BEAT the man. We surely aren't ranked No.1 for beating up on a poor Oakland D - we are there because we got possesion of the Championship.

Cheers

NM

ps Try saying posting princess prosdo a few time after a few beers... I have...and its messy!

hardwork
09-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Koopa dude, lets stop beating around the bush. Your coach plays checkers, ours plays chess. If we don't go all the way this year it will be remedied, and it won't be long before the Patriots are riding down Boylston street again. You have no remedy until you get a smarter coach, and a QB as good as Brady. So, DUDE, enjoy your regular season. Enjoy thinking you're just on the edge of greatness year after year. But leave the big prize to the big boys.

See ya DUDE.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Unfortunately we dont make the schedules, we just have to play them :grin:

Now lets not bring in the whole Brady vs Ben thing again.. They are 2 totally different QB's with different levels of experience so you cant compare the 2 at all yet. As Ben progresses I have no doubt he can be one of the best in the league year in and year out..but undefeated in regular season games and 1-1 in the playoffs aint all that bad as a starter ya know.

Cowher and Belicheck are 2 master minds of NFL defenses and 2 both deserve all the credit you can heap on them. But saying Cowher isnt smart is just not even a valid statement period.

As far as being on the edge of greatness..we already are great we just need to get over the hump to the SB again...and detroit here we come!

Suitanim
09-16-2005, 09:13 PM
But the Boston/NY/Philly/DC fans can't help themselves. They just know better than everyone else, even when they don't.

I especially love it when the trendy team starts buying into their own bullshit and proclaims that their coach is the next Vince Lombardi.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Yeah if we're gonna debate something, atleast make the comebacks relevant :grin:

Suitanim
09-16-2005, 10:00 PM
Remember when Brian Billick was annointed as "The chosen one"? He took a one dimensional offense to a Super Bowl and played another one dimensional offense and won. For that, he was the flavor of the day. The fact that he had the 3rd best defense in the history of the NFL is only a hangover fom the game, especially since, coincidentally he probably faced the worst offensive team ever to play in a SB.

Although I do have to throw mad props to a coach that can take Trent Dilfer to the promised land.

The bottom line is that somehow Belichick has so far avoided the dreaded "Coach's Curse", where the players get the glory when winning, and the coach gets the blame when the losses come...although (and a lot of people seem to forget this) his first season was hardly a thing of glory, and the 2002 version of the Pats went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. Although he was tutored by Parcells, he also was less than successful in Cleveland.

I say this because Cowher has NOT escaped this criticism...he has had his players come up short for him time and time and time again. Foster gets the ball batted away in '94, O'Donnell throwing more interceptions in the SB than he threw for 95% of the rest of the schedule, Kordell throwing the ball all over the place, INT's in the endzone, etc, etc...

Cowher's players have let him down, and Belichicks have not. I can think of 5-6 plays that have happened in the last 10 years that would dramatically change the outcome of the Steelers history and SB win count. I can also count 4-5 that would detract from the Pats count.

It's funny, because when I first posted up in the smack forum chumming for sparring partners, I posted up a pretty inflammatory opinionated and biased post, and I got a bite fast. It was Living and he disputed the fact that the Pats SB run started with luck...I disagree, and will back it up. ALL Super Bowl runs have luck involved. The Steelers have the Immaculate Reception. That was luck...and then we won 4 Super Bowls.

As Steelers fans, we collectively embrace that one single event as a turning point in our History...funny that the Pats fans have to whitewash and "spin" their own immaculate occurence...

hardwork
09-16-2005, 11:00 PM
This Super Bowl runs start with luck, and the players let the coach down shit, just doesn't fly. It may fly when you can't buy a ring, like Cowhers, but it doesn't fly anywhere else.

I'll say one thing for ya though. At least you didn't use the term DUDE.

Koopa
09-16-2005, 11:22 PM
well since you don't like dude, i'll bring out my southern slang, aight MAYNE i'll respond to your other post on this one to. coaches don't play the games it's the players that need to step up and i ain't down playin y'alls championship aigth mayne. i could care less about the pats championship i was talkin about the power rankings and i think that's bull that just cause they won the championship last year that they are ranked number 1. this is a new season shit happens, teams get better they beat the damn raiders that was not an accomplishment that should make them the number 1. who cares about the past the past means jack.

Livinginthe past
09-17-2005, 10:54 AM
But the Boston/NY/Philly/DC fans can't help themselves. They just know better than everyone else, even when they don't.

I especially love it when the trendy team starts buying into their own bullshit and proclaims that their coach is the next Vince Lombardi.

What is your definition of a 'trendy team' Suitanim?

I had a little altercation with some of the posters here over this Steelers obsession with history - it seems that you think that only certain 'hardcore' teams are allowed to enjoy any success!

If the Steelers win the lot we will hear about what a great franchise you are and how you deserve it...and I for one would totally agree- I have nothing but props for the Steelers set-up - but I think you need to get off your high horse and give some other teams credit for their time in the sun.

I understand the loathing of the Ravens on this board - but they way you denigrate the achievements of any team that isn't the Steelers is a little pitiful - it also casts aspersions on the Steelers team that year...why werent they able to overcome such a one dimensional offense????

Im afraid you are the one who comes off as 'knowing more than anyone else' - you seem unable to give any sort of props to another team without qualifying it with an insult - it wouldnt hurt for you to display a little class every now and then instead of bitching and moaning about all the other franchises and their supporters.

Cheers

NM

Livinginthe past
09-17-2005, 11:27 AM
Remember when Brian Billick was annointed as "The chosen one"? He took a one dimensional offense to a Super Bowl and played another one dimensional offense and won. For that, he was the flavor of the day. The fact that he had the 3rd best defense in the history of the NFL is only a hangover fom the game, especially since, coincidentally he probably faced the worst offensive team ever to play in a SB.

Although I do have to throw mad props to a coach that can take Trent Dilfer to the promised land.

The bottom line is that somehow Belichick has so far avoided the dreaded "Coach's Curse", where the players get the glory when winning, and the coach gets the blame when the losses come...although (and a lot of people seem to forget this) his first season was hardly a thing of glory, and the 2002 version of the Pats went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. Although he was tutored by Parcells, he also was less than successful in Cleveland.

I say this because Cowher has NOT escaped this criticism...he has had his players come up short for him time and time and time again. Foster gets the ball batted away in '94, O'Donnell throwing more interceptions in the SB than he threw for 95% of the rest of the schedule, Kordell throwing the ball all over the place, INT's in the endzone, etc, etc...

Cowher's players have let him down, and Belichicks have not. I can think of 5-6 plays that have happened in the last 10 years that would dramatically change the outcome of the Steelers history and SB win count. I can also count 4-5 that would detract from the Pats count.

It's funny, because when I first posted up in the smack forum chumming for sparring partners, I posted up a pretty inflammatory opinionated and biased post, and I got a bite fast. It was Living and he disputed the fact that the Pats SB run started with luck...I disagree, and will back it up. ALL Super Bowl runs have luck involved. The Steelers have the Immaculate Reception. That was luck...and then we won 4 Super Bowls.

As Steelers fans, we collectively embrace that one single event as a turning point in our History...funny that the Pats fans have to whitewash and "spin" their own immaculate occurence...

I really am not too sure what your whole point is here Suitanim - I dont think you will find anywhere that I have ever said that luck is not a part of winning a SB - what I did take exception to was the way you presented your 'biased' opinion that it was ONLY a 'lucky few bounces' that won these last few SB's for us.

If indeed every SB winner has had these lucky bounces...why are you making such an issue of the Patriots lucky breaks - ill freely admit we had some good bounces, ill admit we had some bad luck with injuries - but when it came down to winning drives authored by the most clutch QB in the game we get it done...that is all that counts.

How would you like it if I went back into history and broke down every time the Steel Curtain got a favourable decision or a good bounce....I wont do it because I have enough class to recognise them Steelers as the cream of that generation...you however seem to subsist entirely on a diet of baloney and sour grapes.

I dont want people here to love the Patriots - just try and be a little more like your fellow posters (Clevestinks, Blitzburgh, Bigbensgirl) and give props where they are due instead of coming off as a whiney 8 year old all the time....

Cheers

NM

Livinginthe past
09-17-2005, 11:32 AM
well since you don't like dude, i'll bring out my southern slang, aight MAYNE i'll respond to your other post on this one to. coaches don't play the games it's the players that need to step up and i ain't down playin y'alls championship aigth mayne. i could care less about the pats championship i was talkin about the power rankings and i think that's bull that just cause they won the championship last year that they are ranked number 1. this is a new season shit happens, teams get better they beat the damn raiders that was not an accomplishment that should make them the number 1. who cares about the past the past means jack.

Hey Koopa,

I for one could care less how you phrase your replies...its all good.

If we totally discount last years performance then I think you would find everyone with a winning record would be tied for 1st place..and everyone with a losing record would be tied for last.

In my minds eye I think that power rankings should be exactly that - how powerful is this side...if I put team 1 against team10 on a neutral venue I would expect team 1 to win more often than not.

I seen some power rankings with the 49ers around the 16/17 mark..which is a total joke when they are -13 on the spread against the Eagles who are currently 0-1...would you have the 49ers and the Dolphins above the Vikings and and Philly?

Cheers

NM

Suitanim
09-18-2005, 09:20 AM
What is your definition of a 'trendy team' Suitanim?

I had a little altercation with some of the posters here over this Steelers obsession with history - it seems that you think that only certain 'hardcore' teams are allowed to enjoy any success!

NM

Why do you feel the need to defend EVERY SINGLE Patriots fan...Are you a lifelong Pats fan? If so, ignore my post, because it wasn't at all addressed to you. If not, then you are a bandwagoner and my post was directed exactly at you.

I hate bandwagon whores, and the bigger the city, the more of them there are. Don't even get me started on the Florida College teams...I lived there for most of the 90's, and they were an absolute nightmare. Literally fans would switch "Alma Maters" from year to year.

Livinginthe past
09-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Why do you feel the need to defend EVERY SINGLE Patriots fan...Are you a lifelong Pats fan? If so, ignore my post, because it wasn't at all addressed to you. If not, then you are a bandwagoner and my post was directed exactly at you.

I hate bandwagon whores, and the bigger the city, the more of them there are. Don't even get me started on the Florida College teams...I lived there for most of the 90's, and they were an absolute nightmare. Literally fans would switch "Alma Maters" from year to year.

Im not attempting to defend 'every single Pats fan' Suitanim.

You made no mention of bandwagonism when you chose to slate Boston/NY/Philly/DC fans - it appears to me that you were calling out regular fans in these cities because 'they think they know it all - even when they dont'.

Im sure you have some blood-curdling stories of bandwagonning college students Suitanim - but if want people to understand that you were referring to to 'bandwagoners' only - then maybe you should have put that in your post.

Cheers

NM

Suitanim
09-18-2005, 09:42 AM
I really am not too sure what your whole point is here Suitanim - I dont think you will find anywhere that I have ever said that luck is not a part of winning a SB - what I did take exception to was the way you presented your 'biased' opinion that it was ONLY a 'lucky few bounces' that won these last few SB's for us.

If indeed every SB winner has had these lucky bounces...why are you making such an issue of the Patriots lucky breaks - ill freely admit we had some good bounces, ill admit we had some bad luck with injuries - but when it came down to winning drives authored by the most clutch QB in the game we get it done...that is all that counts.

How would you like it if I went back into history and broke down every time the Steel Curtain got a favourable decision or a good bounce....I wont do it because I have enough class to recognise them Steelers as the cream of that generation...you however seem to subsist entirely on a diet of baloney and sour grapes.

I dont want people here to love the Patriots - just try and be a little more like your fellow posters (Clevestinks, Blitzburgh, Bigbensgirl) and give props where they are due instead of coming off as a whiney 8 year old all the time....

Cheers

NM

You are very quick on the trigger with your ad hominem attacks, which is just a way to deflect arguments.:blah:

I have said a few times that I respect what the Pats have done, but since none of them post here, what's the point? Their fans do, and I don't have a ton of respect for them as a whole. They were nowhere to be found until they started winning, and now they are all over the place, even loudly pontificating at Steelers Message Boards. I feel I have a certain right to criticize because I live in Browns Country and have been a loyal Steelers fan for almost 30 years, EVEN during the lean Woodley/Malone/Brister/etc years. I was maybe even a tad more fanatic when I moved to Florida. I left another MB because of wavering confidence and faith by Steelers fans, because it's all part of the same BS bandwagoning.

So let me clarify once and for all. I respect fans who stick with their teams through thick and thin. If you were a Washington fan, then bought a Ravens jersey when they started winning, I won't like you or respect you or your opinion. I might even say bad things about your team to piss you off...and that might cause some collateral damage to any true fans of the team listening...oh well, it's a STEELERS MESSAGE BOARD, so deal with it.

Which brings up another odd little idosyncracy about you...why do you spend so much of your time over here, anyway? You make snide little remarks that often go unnoticed, sometimes even subtly directed at the few people here who will kowtow to you and give your team props, and attack anyone who doesn't. Why? Isn't 3 out of 4 enough? Do you feel victory isn't complete unless you can find some people from the opposing teams who will "Honor thy Patriots"?

As for the other, your panties became quite bunched up when I suggested that "The tuck rule" thing may have not been exactly as called, and that a little luck might have been involved. By way of comparison, when the Imaculate Reception is brought up, I'll say "We'll never know", smile, and just be happy that the Football Gods smiled on us that day...and for the next half a decade.

Livinginthe past
09-18-2005, 10:00 AM
You are very quick on the trigger with your ad hominem attacks, which is just a way to deflect arguments.:blah:

I have said a few times that I respect what the Pats have done, but since none of them post here, what's the point? Their fans do, and I don't have a ton of respect for them as a whole. They were nowhere to be found until they started winning, and now they are all over the place, even loudly pontificating at Steelers Message Boards. I feel I have a certain right to criticize because I live in Browns Country and have been a loyal Steelers fan for almost 30 years, EVEN during the lean Woodley/Malone/Brister/etc years. I was maybe even a tad more fanatic when I moved to Florida. I left another MB because of wavering confidence and faith by Steelers fans, because it's all part of the same BS bandwagoning.

So let me clarify once and for all. I respect fans who stick with their teams through thick and thin. If you were a Washington fan, then bought a Ravens jersey when they started winning, I won't like you or respect you or your opinion. I might even say bad things about your team to piss you off...and that might cause some collateral damage to any true fans of the team listening...oh well, it's a STEELERS MESSAGE BOARD, so deal with it.

Which brings up another odd little idosyncracy about you...why do you spend so much of your time over here, anyway? You make snide little remarks that often go unnoticed, sometimes even subtly directed at the few people here who will kowtow to you and give your team props, and attack anyone who doesn't. Why? Isn't 3 out of 4 enough? Do you feel victory isn't complete unless you can find some people from the opposing teams who will "Honor thy Patriots"?

As for the other, your panties became quite bunched up when I suggested that "The tuck rule" thing may have not been exactly as called, and that a little luck might have been involved. By way of comparison, when the Imaculate Reception is brought up, I'll say "We'll never know", smile, and just be happy that the Football Gods smiled on us that day...and for the next half a decade.

You can quote latin til you are quite literally blue in the face Suitanim - it wont make it anymore likely that I am 'deflecting attacks'.

Its a tired old cliche about us not being anywhere before the last 4 years - we have sold out home games for the last 12 years - including pre-season.

I cannot deny we have a fair few johnny-come-lately's - most succesful sides do - and I certainly cant remember you offering much in the way of props to the Pats team - without some qualifier tagged on the end.

Im sure you had a hard time resisting the charms of the success-laden Browns team whilst living local to them - you must be a hell of a fan to stick with the Steelers with that kind of temptation on your doorstep ha ha.

I know its a Steelers message board - you have already paid heed to at least a moderate amount of intelligence on my part... so how about not quoting the obvious at me??

I have come to the conclusion that you are some sort of paranoiac with these delusions of me making 'snide remarks' about the Steelers fans on this board......and what? You are supposedly the only one here who can see through me...give me a break!

I post here because I enjoy the persepective of another top-notch AFC teams supporters - I feel we may meet each other in the post-season again - so I thought it would be handy to keep an eye on your season from the word 'go' - this way I can have a real feel by the time the post season comes of what your team is really all about and what the fans midset is like.

And no - 3/4 isn't enough - I want to win it every year...doesn't every teams supporters?

It is you who brings up the Tuck Rule every now and then like some broken record - but I know your dislike of the Pats goes beyond the call of logic.

The facts are - im going to keep posting here whether you like it or not - most of the other normal Steelers posters seem to have no issue with that...and thats good enough for me.

BTW - that $10 is a game closer to coming my way...who was it you had to beat us to the AFC East title anyway...the Jets..or Buffalo?

NM

Suitanim
09-18-2005, 10:39 AM
I'll let you have the last word so "You win" or whetever...I think it's important for you that that perception stands...I'm MOST intrigued to see how you handle failure when it invariably rears it's ugly head, since it's in failure that true character is revealed, and not gloating over success.

I'm gonna go watch football now.

Livinginthe past
09-18-2005, 10:45 AM
I'll let you have the last word so "You win" or whetever...I think it's important for you that that perception stands...I'm MOST intrigued to see how you handle failure when it invariably rears it's ugly head, since it's in failure that true character is revealed, and not gloating over success.

I'm gonna go watch football now.

I noticed you done this before Suit - by making the last post YOU are in fact having the last word....and by pointing this out...IM now having the last word you say is SO IMPORTANT to me...so there! Ha ha

I wish you the best in your Vigil - while you wait to see how my character copes with 'failure'

Cheers

Im going to be watching my $10 get a little closer.....(Football)

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
09-18-2005, 10:56 AM
Seems like maybe you two should be betting more than 10.00...all these back n forth rants are certainly worth more than that!! :rofl:

Livinginthe past
09-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Seems like maybe you two should be betting more than 10.00...all these back n forth rants are certainly worth more than that!! :rofl:

Ha ha fair point Blitz!

Hell - I think the money is just a little side issue here - bragging rights are worth so much more :bowdown: Cheers

NM

ironcitychef
09-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Just a question...how much more "respect" does this board have to give the Pats before we can go back to some good nature "Pats suck" posts without getting 500 word english essays on how biased we are as Steeler fans? Since I have personally posted that Brady is valuable QB/Pats biggest edge, Bill B. is great at making a system work for the players, and that the Pats players are very patient, I would like to think I can post that the Pats were lucky Oakland plays such undisciplined football without having the whole boxscore being sent back showing how shrewd the Pats were by using a different cadence in the 3rd quarter and thus "drawing" the penalty. This last example is purely fiction, but it shows the point that if I hadn't said so, I would have probably gotten 3 replies about how wrong that was.Pats are still #1 in the rankings until week 3.

Livinginthe past
09-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Just a question...how much more "respect" does this board have to give the Pats before we can go back to some good nature "Pats suck" posts without getting 500 word english essays on how biased we are as Steeler fans? Since I have personally posted that Brady is valuable QB/Pats biggest edge, Bill B. is great at making a system work for the players, and that the Pats players are very patient, I would like to think I can post that the Pats were lucky Oakland plays such undisciplined football without having the whole boxscore being sent back showing how shrewd the Pats were by using a different cadence in the 3rd quarter and thus "drawing" the penalty. This last example is purely fiction, but it shows the point that if I hadn't said so, I would have probably gotten 3 replies about how wrong that was.Pats are still #1 in the rankings until week 3.

I dont know ICC - im guessing that you are going to have to wait until the Pats ACTUALLY suck....

I could post a load of nonsense in the blast furnace about how Ben is passing 11 times a game and how his 158.3 rating doesn't mean a thing....

I could make other points about how everyone is getting carried away with what was essesntially a walkover - over a very poor Titans team...the thing is - I think the Steelers are a very good side and it would be foolish of me to try and make out you suck - maybe after one of us gets beat this year...then I think the hammer may come down on some serious smack lol

Anyways, I guess the bottom line is....post what you want - and ill reply how I want ....

Cheers

NM

Koopa
09-18-2005, 04:13 PM
Hey Koopa,

I for one could care less how you phrase your replies...its all good.

If we totally discount last years performance then I think you would find everyone with a winning record would be tied for 1st place..and everyone with a losing record would be tied for last.

In my minds eye I think that power rankings should be exactly that - how powerful is this side...if I put team 1 against team10 on a neutral venue I would expect team 1 to win more often than not.

I seen some power rankings with the 49ers around the 16/17 mark..which is a total joke when they are -13 on the spread against the Eagles who are currently 0-1...would you have the 49ers and the Dolphins above the Vikings and and Philly?

Cheers

NM

no i wouldn't have the dolphins over the vikings or the eagles, i'd wait to at least week four to make a power ranking cause most of them are pointless now cause a lot of these wins were lucky in the first week, so i'd wait. but overall power rankings are totally pointless i just don't like some of the comments made on them. all i know is we better be higher then the bills cause we just beat the exact same team they did last week and we did way better against them scoring wise, they couldn't get in the endzone the first half when in the redzone, and in the first half they couldn't keep us out of the endzone.

Livinginthe past
09-18-2005, 04:57 PM
no i wouldn't have the dolphins over the vikings or the eagles, i'd wait to at least week four to make a power ranking cause most of them are pointless now cause a lot of these wins were lucky in the first week, so i'd wait. but overall power rankings are totally pointless i just don't like some of the comments made on them. all i know is we better be higher then the bills cause we just beat the exact same team they did last week and we did way better against them scoring wise, they couldn't get in the endzone the first half when in the redzone, and in the first half they couldn't keep us out of the endzone.

Have to agree - Power rankings are useless - especially with all the upsets so far this year! I would also disregard all the comments they use to justify their rankings...you know the Steelers are playing good football so who cares what Prisco et al think!

Anyway im pumped looking forward to next week - we should have a flawless game by the Pats as I think we had enough pens and f*ck ups for the whole season today...LOL

Cheers

NM

Suitanim
09-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Who gloats over a $10 bet after a loss? Who guarantees victory after a humiliating loss that wasn't even as close as the score? I don't...I'm taking the high road from here on out...

ironcitychef
09-19-2005, 02:44 AM
Still got an essay in reply. Just figured after many of us have given the Pats their fair share of respect, you would stop trying to convince all Steeler fans on this board to see the rose colored glasses called the Pats dynasty. Anyway, nice game in Carolina.

1. Indy - haven't lost and we haven't played them.
2. Pats - just here till we play then beat them. Didn't have time to respond to all the Pats crying about the Power Ranking drop after their loss.
3. Steelers - Again proving defense and running will win 9 times out of 10
4. Tampa - again running and defense...
5. KC - better schedule puts them ahead of Cincy but just for now.

Livinginthe past
09-19-2005, 02:33 PM
Who gloats over a $10 bet after a loss? Who guarantees victory after a humiliating loss that wasn't even as close as the score? I don't...I'm taking the high road from here on out...

Im sorry what? All these questions are rhetorical I suppose?

Who does gurantee victory after a humiliating loss? I dont know I give up....please tell.

The high road eh? LOL - probably the best place to take your high horse for a ride now and then......

Cheers

NM

Livinginthe past
09-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Still got an essay in reply. Just figured after many of us have given the Pats their fair share of respect, you would stop trying to convince all Steeler fans on this board to see the rose colored glasses called the Pats dynasty. Anyway, nice game in Carolina.

1. Indy - haven't lost and we haven't played them.
2. Pats - just here till we play then beat them. Didn't have time to respond to all the Pats crying about the Power Ranking drop after their loss.
3. Steelers - Again proving defense and running will win 9 times out of 10
4. Tampa - again running and defense...
5. KC - better schedule puts them ahead of Cincy but just for now.

Well ICC maybe a few SB's this decade may soothe your obvious anxiety - I can afford to be dignified in defeat - we deserved to lose and we did...still plenty of games left.

Next week will give us a much better idea about the relative merits of the Pats06 and the Steelers 06 - you've had a great start against questionable opposition - we have had an average start against one poor opponent and one good one.

Heres to a well fought and competetive game next week.....

Cheers

NM

Suitanim
09-19-2005, 04:51 PM
The high road eh? LOL - probably the best place to take your high horse for a ride now and then......

That's pretty funny...my "High Horse"...yes...that's very comical indeed.

Livinginthe past
09-19-2005, 05:50 PM
That's pretty funny...my "High Horse"...yes...that's very comical indeed.

*Warning* *Warning* This post has insufficient data to warrant a reply *Warning *Warning*

clevestinks
09-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Boys, Boys, Must be Pats week! LOL

Go Steelers!

ironcitychef
09-27-2005, 09:46 AM
After Week 3:

1. Indy - 5.3 ppg on D is more impressive than 35+ ppg on O.
2. Pats - maybe #1 slot if not for two more injuries. Wait until SD for sure...
3. Cincy - 3-0 and looking solid. Will it last?
4. Bucs - running and defense. A good theme...
5. Steelers - Won't have to play NE until the playoffs...

Koopa
09-27-2005, 05:31 PM
we won't have to worry about playin the pats until next season cause the colts will take care of them for us

Suitanim
09-27-2005, 05:35 PM
we won't have to worry about playin the pats until next season cause the colts will take care of them for us

As bad as we played in our loss to the Pats this week, the Colts looked far worse against a vastly inferior Browns...that is, if you actually believe week 3 play has anything to do with the playoffs...

hardwork
09-27-2005, 06:18 PM
"we won't have to worry about playin the pats until next season cause the colts will take care of them for us"

Being a Steeler fan I can understand how you'd think the Colts would be so difficult to beat. However, for us, it's just another day at the office.

Koopa
09-28-2005, 12:46 AM
here is week 4 power ranking from foxsports.com

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4910694

intresting that they still think we number one

Koopa
09-28-2005, 12:48 AM
"we won't have to worry about playin the pats until next season cause the colts will take care of them for us"

Being a Steeler fan I can understand how you'd think the Colts would be so difficult to beat. However, for us, it's just another day at the office.

teams get better and the colts have improved on the defensive side and just wait till manning gets into a rythem, y'all are losing players left and right. this year will not be another day at the office

BB2W
09-28-2005, 01:02 AM
I am VERY suprised to see the Steelers at #1. :tt:

Prosdo
09-28-2005, 01:33 AM
I am VERY suprised to see the Steelers at #1. :tt:

Same here. I can understand why they might move the Pats down even though they got the win. The injury was to a key player so I can understand that, but down to 6? I figured they would be within the top 3. I figured we would be at 4 maybe 5.

ironcitychef
09-28-2005, 02:20 AM
I like the stat side of it, noting we are 20% more effecient on offense than other teams, but gotta take a closer look to see what it all means. Till then I'll stick with saying the Pats should be above us using the old best 2 out of 3 system.

Livinginthe past
09-28-2005, 02:54 AM
I think the ranking is just a reflection of our perceived ability to win against the better teams - if we had won sunday and not had any injuries I think we would have been upto No.2 or thereabouts.

But because of the losses of two very influential positional players it would have to affect our ability in forthcoming games.

To be quite honest, I dont mind admitting that the Patriots ability to keep riding out these losses defies logic - therefore you cant blame the power-rankers for following logic in their placements.

My honest opinion? The Steelers and Pats are tied at the top - the Colts D is going to be shown up as the biggest fraud of the season once they play some half decent offenses.

Cheers

NM