PDA

View Full Version : A friend needs your prayers

Elvis
07-10-2007, 05:56 AM
I have just got an email this morning telling me that a dear friends' husband of 47 years has passed away and went home to be with the Lord. He had some kind of Cancer, I'm not sure what kind so I wont say now. He had a long battle with it and him and his wife are both good church going folks that are saved by the Grace of God. Just please pray that God will touch her in such a way that she will be able to move on and continue in Gods' will. Thank you and I am sure she would say the same. God Bless

SteelCzar76
07-10-2007, 06:19 AM
Your friend indeed has my prayers Wedo.

Stainless Steel
07-10-2007, 06:34 AM
Prayers going up from NW Ohio

SteelCityMan786
07-10-2007, 07:31 AM
From Hollidaysburg

SteelShooter
07-10-2007, 07:44 AM
WeDo,

As I begin a drive back to Texas here in an hour, I shall keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers. I make this journey today because my own younger Sister continues her battle with Breast Cancer. She has handled her Chemo treatments better than most battlefield Heroes and shrugged off Radiation therapy with strength I cannot fathom.
Tomorrow she will undergo a double mastectomy (sp?) to, hopefully, remove the last remaining lecherous cells.

I have existed shoulder-to-shoulder with the most heroic Sailors, Soldiers, Marines, and Airmen this modern world has ever known ...........yet I stand in complete awe of her.

This is my Baby Sister, I love her, I respect her........I cannot imagine this world without her. So I pray for your friend who must survive without their life-mate....

Good luck to them, may they find their solace and their peace.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-10-2007, 09:09 AM
To Wedose and Steelshooter.....Prayers from Illinois my friends...

stlrtruck
07-10-2007, 09:50 AM
May God's Peace and Comfort be plentiful for them during these trying times.

PAMillerGrrl83
07-10-2007, 10:10 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with the family and also with your sister SteelShooter.

SteelShooter
07-14-2007, 08:57 AM
We appreciate your kind thoughts.

As an update, my Sis made it through quite well. As a matter of fact, her Doc is going to use her as a subject of a paper he is writing. She is now home, under nursing care. She is in quite a bit of discomfort..............but she lives!
Once again, Thanks to all for the thoughts and kind words.

Wedo,
My prayers are still with your friend...........I can only imagine.

Elvis
07-29-2007, 07:39 AM
steelshooter and to all others thanks a million to ya and God Bless.
I hate that I havent been in here earlier to read these nice threads, so my appologies go out to all. SteelShooter... I pray for your little sis that all will work unto God's will and he will help comfort the pain that she must be going through. It seems as so God made the woman to be the backbone of the world and give her toughness that no man will ever know to have children and put up with us men at times. Little sisters are so special and now that I have a daughter.. only a father knows the feelings of having a little daughter looking up at him when getting home from work with that little smile and hands reaching for him. I love all you new friends that I have made here and I hope that all is healthy and loving your family the way you should be. Gods' Love

Preacher
07-30-2007, 12:02 AM
I have only come upon this thread today...

Wedo... I am praying for the mans family. However, as you know... he is in eternal bliss with out any more pain.

Steel. I pray that she will be cancer free and that she adjusts to life and all the other issues that come along with that type of surgery.

Elvis
08-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Thanks alot Preacher.. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers. She seems to be doing as well as expected. She is starting to clean out her house and getting rid of some of the things that needed to be rid of. She is a God loving lady that is so sweet and her family is such a sick family it seems, but please remember them in your prayers. God Bless You All...
:tt02: