PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 rookie seasons of all time

tony hipchest
07-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Total Access listed all running backs with night train lane, lawrence taylor, dan marino (#7), and randy moss (#9) sprinkeld in.

jim brown was #1, gale sayers, eric dickerson, earl campbell, edgerring james and barry sanders rounded it out.

no ben roethlisberger.:jawdrop: i was even suprised with moss at 9.

Crushzilla
07-11-2007, 11:18 AM
I was kind of hoping for Roethlisberger there too, but as the numbers got lower and lower I became less and less hopeful...

I guess being undefeated as a rookie is no good. I'm gonna have to chalk it up to his field general role. If he went undefeated with 300 yards and 3 TDs a game, I'm sure he would have been right there at number one.

Moss holds the record for reception TDs as a rookie, doesn't he? That probably had a lot to do with it.

tony hipchest
07-11-2007, 11:22 AM
I was kind of hoping for Roethlisberger there too, but as the numbers got lower and lower I became less and less hopeful...

I guess being undefeated as a rookie is no good. I'm gonna have to chalk it up to his field general role. If he went undefeated with 300 yards and 3 TDs a game, I'm sure he would have been right there at number one.

Moss holds the record for reception TDs as a rookie, doesn't he? That probably had a lot to do with it.moss had a phenomenal rookie season with 17 td's. he had more td's than anyone on the list. i thought he would be top 3. being that qb is the most important position on the field and rb usually have the easiest time translationg from the college to the pros, i thought they were too heavilly represented.

Crushzilla
07-11-2007, 11:24 AM
moss had a phenomenal rookie season with 17 td's. he had more td's than anyone on the list. i thought he would be top 3. being that qb is the most important position on the field and rb usually have the easiest time translationg from the college to the pros, i thought they were too heavilly represented.

Haha.. I got ya now... I thought you were suggesting he shouldn't have been on the list at all!

The Duke
07-11-2007, 11:43 AM
So, is there any steelers in that list?

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-11-2007, 08:59 PM
No Ben.... Wow surprising.

SteelCityMan786
07-11-2007, 09:03 PM
No Ben.... Wow surprising.

as well as pathetic.

ben2hines=6
07-11-2007, 10:05 PM
ben didnt have huge numbers tho, this top 10 was about numbers and i agree with tony moss should def be top 3

Buzz05
07-12-2007, 07:07 AM
His numbers werent really eye opening that season...other then the win column. So I cant say Im surprised. Other then Moss everyone on that list is a hall of famer...

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-12-2007, 10:42 AM
moss had a phenomenal rookie season with 17 td's. he had more td's than anyone on the list. i thought he would be top 3. being that qb is the most important position on the field and rb usually have the easiest time translationg from the college to the pros, i thought they were too heavilly represented.

Good point Moss definitly had one of the top 3 rookie seasons of all time.

revefsreleets
07-12-2007, 08:14 PM
This is an individual award, not a team thing. If you look at the records of the teams these guys played for in these years, not all of them were all that stellar.