PDA

View Full Version : Steelers sign RB Larry Croom, claim WR Dan Sheldon

83-Steelers-43
07-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Steelers sign RB Larry Croom, claim WR Dan Sheldon
By The Tribune-Review
Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Less than two weeks before the start of training camp, the Steelers added two players today, signing running back Larry Croom and claiming wide receiver Dan Sheldon off waivers.

Croom, who originally signed with the Arizona Cardinals as an undrafted free agent in 2004, has played in a total of six games and has 29 career carries for 76 yards. He also had brief stints with Tennessee, San Diego and the Detroit Lions' practice squad and spent the last three seasons in NFL Europe.

Sheldon was claimed off waivers from the Atlanta Falcons. He played most recently with Cologne in NFL Europe and finished second in kickoff returns with a 25.1-yard average. He was originally signed by Arizona as a free agent in 2005 and also had stints with Indianapolis and the Chicago Bears practice squad.

The Steelers open training camp July 23.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_516755.html

rbryan
07-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Dan Sheldon WR?? Never heard of him, he even sounds slow. lol

SteelCityMan786
07-11-2007, 01:36 PM
It may just be competition for Camp.

stillers4ever
07-11-2007, 02:06 PM
i hoope managment isnt serious about sheldon. this 5-8 white boy better be the next devin hester or something.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Dan Sheldon WR?? Never heard of him, he even sounds slow. lol

Sheldon is only 5'8 179 lbs...but ran a 4.37 40 at the combine a couple of years ago. He is strictly a return man.
I agree that he may only be camp competition...but the lack of any news at all on Reid is starting to concern me.

The Duke
07-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Sheldon is only 5'8 179 lbs...but ran a 4.37 40 at the combine a couple of years ago. He is strictly a return man.
I agree that he may only be camp competition...but the lack of any news at all on Reid is starting to concern me.

If Reid for some reason is not healthy by preseason then I wish good luck to this Sheldon.

83-Steelers-43
07-11-2007, 06:32 PM
At this point, I hope Sheldon makes the team. I'll take anything at this point in time.

Where to begin?

For starters I still find myself abruptly waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat screaming "HOLD ON TO THE DAMN BALL COKE!!!!". No thank you.

Holmes, while showing signs of a good returner in college couldn't seem to get the hang of the timing when it came to pro ball. I'm also not sure if you want your second best WR taking returns. He goes down and our WR core will be weaker than it already is in my opinion.

It seems to me that Reid accidentally stepped on a landmine and lost his right leg and us fans were never told by the Steelers FO. Will this guy ever recover? Plus, I haven't seen enough of him when he was healthy to make the assumption that he will be good when and if he ever does get healthy.

Return game: *check* - Another concern.

onthebus36
07-11-2007, 06:57 PM
In addition to Willie Reid's never ending foot injury and Santonio's likely promotion to #2 receiver, don't forget Sean Morey made the move to Arizona. I think we probably have some holes to fill on ST and this guy could make the squad. You gotta like 4.3 speed.

lilyoder6
07-11-2007, 07:03 PM
y get another rb though??? we alrdy have enough.. oh well

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-11-2007, 08:05 PM
y get another rb though??? we alrdy have enough.. oh well

Probably just more competetion and you never know he might make it through training camp.

Preacher
07-12-2007, 02:05 AM
Yep...

Even more camp fodder...

But like I say... if one or two of theme make it out of camp, then good for them.

Newzfoxjr
07-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Croom, who originally signed with the Arizona Cardinals as an undrafted free agent in 2004

Holy, we got someone from the Cardinals in a way...! That's not possible! o_O

Galax Steeler
07-13-2007, 05:01 AM
I can't wait till camp starts there will be alot of compotition.

steelpride12
07-13-2007, 11:46 AM
It may just be competition for Camp.

i agree they will never be anything more than the practice squad bench!