PDA

View Full Version : Never, ever try to discuss football with (certain) Browns fans.

Edman
07-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Especially if it's about the Steelers.

You'll get asinine anti-Steeler homer comments like this:

How are u going to have better ball security with a tackling dummy playing the QB position? Did u guys sign a QB in the last 24 hours i wasnt aware of? You honestly arent saying that roethlesberger guy is going to be the answer at Qb , are you? God i hope he plays for our sake, if they ever find a QB in pissburgh they might make a playoff run again. It will be funny to watch him on a mediocre team that has lost a couple key players. Can u say EXPOSED?

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=149#S=149&F=1547&T=696725

Funny how some(but not all) Browns fans will go to any length to discredit Ben R, despite the fact that he's owned their behinds (6-0 vs. the Browns) more than any other team he's faced. No disrespect intended towards our cool resident Browns fan, j-dawg.

Preacher
07-12-2007, 01:24 AM
Every team has its idiot fans...

Every team has its cool fans...

I enjoy watching games with fans from other teams... even teams we are playing against... as long as they are cool...

If not.. No way, no how, no thank you.

Mosca
07-12-2007, 07:12 AM
LOL, I didn't know j-dawg was a Browns fan!

Tom

j-dawg
07-12-2007, 10:27 AM
ahh nothing like a little banter to get the morning going... hehehehe... your comment certainly shouldn't have evoked that diatribe on ben... dude can ball... last years home game against the steelers was a heart breaker for me... that shuffle pass to willie was all ben, but you know, some folks take it to a dark place.

rbryan
07-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Every team has its idiot fans...

Every team has its cool fans...

I enjoy watching games with fans from other teams... even teams we are playing against... as long as they are cool...

If not.. No way, no how, no thank you.

I agree, it's kinda boring to sit around with a bunch of people all rooting for the same team. Where is the fun in that. Living in Georgia, theres not a lot of Steeler fans around me. The people who have an open invite to my house on gameday are all fans of some other team.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Why cant more Browns fans be like j-dawg

SteelCityMan786
07-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Why cant more Browns fans be like j-dawg

yes, J-Dawg at least has an idea about how things are.

Browns fans did you forget something. Roethlisberger has a SUPER BOWL RING AND in addition to that, HE NEVER HAS LOST ONE SINGLE GAME AGAINST YOU GUYS.

Crushzilla
07-12-2007, 05:57 PM
I agree, it's kinda boring to sit around with a bunch of people all rooting for the same team. Where is the fun in that. Living in Georgia, theres not a lot of Steeler fans around me. The people who have an open invite to my house on gameday are all fans of some other team.

I'm sure the Falcons shootout last year was a hell of a time then...

That game still hurts

j-dawg
07-12-2007, 07:28 PM
if it's any consolation the browns beat 'em!

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-12-2007, 07:35 PM
if it's any consolation the browns beat 'em!

Now I feel worse about it:wink02:

revefsreleets
07-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Well, two things come to mind:

1) The Browns used their first pick on Kellen Winslow that year, and he basically "Duce Staley'd" for two years while Ben went on to win a Super Bowl
2) I watch games with Browns fans all the time at sports bars, and they cheer for their team for about a quarter and half, then lose interest in their own game because they are either being soundly beaten or they are winning 3-0 in a some kind of snorefest. That's when they start cheering for whatever team the Steelers are playing. It'd be be more annoying if it wasn't so transparent.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Living in Cleveland I have mixed feelings for the Browns and thier fans.

Feeling 1: Hatred.I hate the Browns,thier fans,thier colors,just everything.I was raised like that via my Grandpa.

Feeling 2: Sorrow.I didn't wanna see the team move.I saw the heartbreak in the city and felt bad ofr all the fans.

Feeling 3: Respect.I respect thier history.I respect thier fans because of everything they have gone through.

I have had many interactions with Browns fans,obviously.Some of them were great phone converations,some have been arguments,some have been fist fights.

I love though how anything before just after we won our 4th Super Bowl doesn't exist in thier eyes unless it's thier AAFC/NFL Championships.

I also love how they think those AAFC Championships count for anything.I tell them that it's a defunct league that doesn't exist anymore.Not to mention if you wanna compare Browns to Steelers you can only compare NFL Championships/Super Bowls because the Steelers never were a member of the AAFC.That really pisses them off.

revefsreleets
07-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Yeah, they do have some issues. If you (before a couple years ago) would bring up Championships, they will always go back to the glory days of the 50's and 60's, but if you mention Super Bowls, they say "But what have you done lately?"