PDA

View Full Version : What team scares you? and why?

clevestinks
09-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Not just this season, any season, what team do you fear, or are the most afraid of losing too? Everyone has different reasons.
I myself always hate the brownies, mostly because I live in that area. The once in every ten games that they do luck out, I hear it like you wouldnt believe. Those two games against the Steelers every year are like the brownies fans superbowl around here.They really go all out after one of thier wins. Front pages , all over the news , everywhere. So I get more nervous brownie week than any other.

SteelCurtain
09-14-2005, 07:54 PM
The Colts are the only team that scare me because I believe they are the only team that can legitimately beat the Steelers this year

Koopa
09-14-2005, 08:01 PM
well we just beat the team i didn't want them to lose to. cause my friend would've been talkin some much shit i'd might have to jab him in the mouth. other then that maybe the colts, they can throw and we don't have the best dbs in the league i'm not buying into their d just yet i got to see them do it to other teams first but there o equals our d so they scare me a lot except in the playoffs cause if we meet it'll be in pittsburgh and it'll be very cold for peyton hell when i went two summers ago it was to damn cold for me at night time in the summer. it was like 59 at night and it was summer wtf is up with that? damn that's like our regular low here in the middle of winter. also i fear the pats but not in the regular season just in the playoffs.

slashsteel
09-14-2005, 08:08 PM
Wouldn't have to be the team that beat us twice in the championship....... New England ? ?

steelersgirl86
09-14-2005, 08:49 PM
I agree with Clevestinks since I am here in brownie town also. He is right when they do luck out every 10 games and beat us they act like they won the super bowl. But I must say in preseason I was glad to see we beat Carolina because that is my husbands favorite team. :thumbsup: :sign03:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-14-2005, 10:41 PM
I dont fear the ratbirds by any stretch but that is the biggest team I hate to lose too. Also hate losing to any division rival.

And of course, I really really really hate losing to the pats!!! :chair:

BB2W
09-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Patriots.... for obvious reasons. :rolleyes:

I.C. Lights
09-15-2005, 12:03 AM
You're all gonna think I'm crazy, but for me its San Diego. I was at the AFC Championship loss to them in Three Rivers. What a horrible memory - I'm still scarred from it. I never, ever want to lose to San Diego again. At least the Pats are a real team.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-15-2005, 12:10 AM
We could have and should have won that game. but we were WAY too full of ourselves and figured it would be a walk in the park and we'd be on our way to the big dance. Didnt happen,and yeah that haunts me too! I can still see odonnel throwing that last pass to Foster who was 3 yds short of the endzone anyways !!

bigbensgirl7
09-15-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm definately going to have to say the Pats too...and really there is no need for explination there!

Ambridge
09-15-2005, 06:21 AM
I dont fear the ratbirds by any stretch but that is the biggest team I hate to lose too. Also hate losing to any division rival.

And of course, I really really really hate losing to the pats!!! :chair:

Amen brother!!
Losing too the Ravens is really nauseating. I hate that classless/thug organization with every fiber of my body. I work with a Ravens fan who likes to run his yap. Needless to say he was pretty quiet last season and I hope he's in for another dose of the same thing this year too.
Other than that there isn't a team in the league that concerns me during the regular season...........The playoffs!! Well that's a whole different story............I get indigestion just thinking about it.

SteelProven
09-15-2005, 08:02 AM
The team I most scared of is the Pittsburgh Steelers, becuz the only way they lose is if they beat them selves. While the Ravens and Patriots all good choices remember how the Steelers lost those games. Int's for TDs, ill-advised fumbles, penalties and bad coaching have all lost games for the Steelers. I'm not saying they could go 16-0 but to me they are never over-matched. IMO the Steelers could score with the best of them. Plus they have a dominate defense they can shut down the most potent offenses. So I vote the Steelers.

SteelerFanInATL
09-15-2005, 08:17 AM
The legs of Michael Vick are something to be afraid of. While inside the pocket, Good to Go, outside the pocket, things get a little scarey.

Suitanim
09-15-2005, 09:28 AM
Proven is ultimately correct, but if we are talking about other teams, I say the Chefs.

The Colts and Pats can be beaten by pressuring the QB and forcing them into bad decisions...we know this because we did it to the Pats last year, and the Pats did it to the Colts a couple months later. The Chiefs are a big unknown, and with that potent offense, and a very improved defense, they could be the team to beat this year...

Steel - X
09-15-2005, 09:28 AM
In this order:

Pats - becuase they are freaks

andd besides that I think there is no team to be "scared" of. I think the Steelers could beat any other team in the league this season. But Andy Reid scares me because he runs that goofy offense, Mike Tice scares me because he doesnt know how to use his RB's and thats all.

Prosdo
09-15-2005, 12:25 PM
I'm going to have to say The Pats. They can attack team weaknesses very well.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Afraid of a team?No,not at all.

slashsteel
09-15-2005, 02:24 PM
Hopefully these important games will actually mean something this year come postseason. Ben isn;t a rookie anymore, so I have high hopes. :)

Livinginthe past
09-15-2005, 02:51 PM
The team I most scared of is the Pittsburgh Steelers, becuz the only way they lose is if they beat them selves. While the Ravens and Patriots all good choices remember how the Steelers lost those games. Int's for TDs, ill-advised fumbles, penalties and bad coaching have all lost games for the Steelers. I'm not saying they could go 16-0 but to me they are never over-matched. IMO the Steelers could score with the best of them. Plus they have a dominate defense they can shut down the most potent offenses. So I vote the Steelers.

I would say you were pretty much over-matched in the Championship game last year.

I think you just about listed every possible way to lose your average football game ...then said 'if we didnt do this we woulda won....'....kinda obvious if you ask me.

When is a fumble not 'ill-advised'?? (Running fault)

INT's for TD's (Throwing fault)

Penalties/ Bad coaching (Preperation fault)

Yep..I think its fair to say that if you avoid all these in future you will go 16-0 on a regular basis and waltz off witht he SB too.

Cheers

NM

clevestinks
09-15-2005, 04:27 PM
Most of you lucky enough to still live in Steelers Country, probably dont have to worry about the humiliation at work, in stores, from neighbors, hell from friends, strangers and even family. I live in a hostile envirorment, cleveland well 35 miles east of crap town, I take it all. But I can handle it, I live for it, I love it!

SteelProven
09-15-2005, 06:00 PM
I would say you were pretty much over-matched in the Championship game last year.

I think you just about listed every possible way to lose your average football game ...then said 'if we didnt do this we woulda won....'....kinda obvious if you ask me.

When is a fumble not 'ill-advised'?? (Running fault)

INT's for TD's (Throwing fault)

Penalties/ Bad coaching (Preperation fault)

Yep..I think its fair to say that if you avoid all these in future you will go 16-0 on a regular basis and waltz off witht he SB too.

Cheers

NM

The funny thing about being over-matched in the playoffs I don't think so. How many times has J. Bettis fumbled during the course of the season maybe once or twice. He fumbles while not even being hit. Our defense chose to have a let down, if you remember during the season when we played those thing didn't happen and the final score indicated that. But hey why are we livinginthepast, we'll see who's over matched in Week 3.

Suitanim
09-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Most of you lucky enough to still live in Steelers Country, probably dont have to worry about the humiliation at work, in stores, from neighbors, hell from friends, strangers and even family. I live in a hostile envirorment, cleveland well 35 miles east of crap town, I take it all. But I can handle it, I live for it, I love it!

I'm right there with you...I had a slight reprieve for a few years in Florida, but there were so many bandwagon whores down there (both college and pro) that it was difficult to walk into a sports bar and not hear some ignorant fan of the latest greatest team yell some kind of nonsense at me...

Humiliation, though? Why are you humiliated? Even when we lost to the expansion Browns I was laughing so hard myself at the ineptitude of "Can't" Graham that it left the Browns fans nowhere to go...how can you say anything worse than "we are now the worst team in the league because we just lost to the worst team in the league"?

At least the Browns fans display a little humility...even when they win. There is a certain graciousness to most of them, a respect born of shared circumstances and similar backgrounds...that was most marked when the Browns went away for a few years. Most of them don't mock too loud or too long because they now know that what goes around comes around. The Browns fans have a certain midwestern sensibility that the eastern seaboard fans lack. When I talk to Philly, NY, Washington, and Boston fans, there is a pronounced arrogance, a self-perceived elitism that they can't hide. They, and their teams, are "Better than us"...they "Know better than us"...they live in bigger cities, and, according to them, if we were as good, we'd live there too...as if we didn't have a choice in the matter.

Give me a sports bar filled with Browns and Steelers fans and I'll show you a fun sports bar to go watch the game at. Give me a Sports bar filled with Giants and Eagles fans, and I'll show you a lot of police reports...

I.C. Lights
09-15-2005, 10:50 PM
When I talk to Philly, NY, Washington, and Boston fans, there is a pronounced arrogance, a self-perceived elitism that they can't hide. They, and their teams, are "Better than us"...they "Know better than us"...they live in bigger cities, and, according to them, if we were as good, we'd live there too...as if we didn't have a choice in the matter.

You're right, and if Philadelphians ever took the initiative to explore the world outside Eastern PA, they be like me and willing to leave for the 'burgh any day! They have been showing us some respect since the lashing they took last year though :thmbup:

ironcitychef
09-16-2005, 12:51 AM
Good time on Dan Patrick the other day when saying that no one fears intelligence. IE - NE doesn't scare you per say that you know they are good-great because they will be patient, but you can still play your game and maybe win. But for fear, if INDY is on fire, your eyes are wider cause then it does change your game plan. Having to figure out how to stop 50 plus points is one thing, then figuring out how to score 51 plus in order to win will keep you up at night. Same with Vick. You can have a team concept of how to attack the Falcons, but if you know he is twice as fast as any of your players, you will start to sweat when he leaves the pocket. We respect intelligence, but we fear talent.

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-16-2005, 12:50 PM
What are you all talking about. No team scares me. Even if we sucked I would still say the same.