PDA

View Full Version : To buy or not to buy?

cornsteeler
07-16-2007, 02:45 PM
I have been considering buying tickets for the browns game in pitt on nov 11. Ticket brokers are pretty high priced for this tight wad. Is there better luck finding tickets in the classifieds? What are the chances of finding tickets at the stadium before the game? If I don't find tickets in front the stadium where do I go to watch it on tv? Never been to pitt, just want to experience it first hand without blowing my kids christmas money.

SteelCityMan786
07-16-2007, 03:11 PM
You can probably go just about anywhere. The top spot now probably will be grille 36. Jerome's new restaraunt.

In terms of this site finding tickets, yeah, you should use this forum.

After this it's $1000 tickets on Ebay.

cornsteeler
07-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks steelcityman786. Like I said the ticket brokers are still a little high for me. Is there much luck finding tickets outside the stadium, the day of?

SteelCityMan786
07-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks steelcityman786. Like I said the ticket brokers are still a little high for me. Is there much luck finding tickets outside the stadium, the day of?

There is absolutely Slim to no chance at all. You're going to have to have A LOT of luck.

cornsteeler
07-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Thanks again. Guess I better start saving my money. Still seems like a lot of money. What are sections 504-506 and 539-541 like? Those tickets seem to be the cheapest. Would the ravens mon. night game be better than the browns game? The best husker game I've went to was a night game, the stadium was electric. Thanks again for your help.

rog
07-18-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks again. Guess I better start saving my money. Still seems like a lot of money. What are sections 504-506 and 539-541 like? Those tickets seem to be the cheapest. Would the ravens mon. night game be better than the browns game? The best husker game I've went to was a night game, the stadium was electric. Thanks again for your help.

I have sat in all different section from down low in the open end the blecher seats in the closed end and peanut heaven on both sides. There isn't a bad seat in the house in my opinion. As for the night games I've never been to one but a friend of mine has and he said it was amazing.

STEELCRTN4EVER
07-19-2007, 09:36 AM
It is expensive but it is the Steelers at Heinz. Those tickets are at a premium no matter what game you choose. We bought 6 tickets in Section 134 for the 11/11 game at 425 each. We can only afford one game a year so we chose the clowns this year. We can't afford it either but we save our cheese so we can go to one. We have a 10 hour drive to go with it plus lodging..it is like a vacation weekend.

Jman
07-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Last year, I went to the Denver game (@ Heinz) and we were in 526, like XX or something. Double letters are near the top, and XX as you can imagine is way at the top. In any case, the seats were not that bad. I do believe the engineers did a great job of designing this stadium. We could see the replays from the jumbrotron and everything (which from my understanding, a new one is being put in for this year).

There are good deals out there. You have to search. Spend some time sniffing around. We got upper level seats. 2 for $230 total for the Seattle game this year (10/7). This is section 525, row J i believe.

PM me if you want me to help you out. I'll see what I can do.

cornsteeler
07-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I thinkin the ravens mon. nite game would be great, but obviously the tickets will be higher priced than the browns game the next sun. I'm a husker and we've sold out for like 30 some yrs in a row, but even then if you hang around until game time you can usually get some cheap tickets outside the stadium, and if you don't, you just walk a few blocks to downtown and watch it at some bar and have almost as much fun. Game day is a great atmosphere in Lincoln, and I want to experience it in Pittsburgh. Hope I can convince myself to spend the money.

Jman
07-19-2007, 02:01 PM
No problem. Just took a quick look on eBay and there are some floating in the low 200s. Sometimes the season ticket holders also have a conflict where they can't go. Ask around and see if there is someone who might be willing to sell you their tickets.

C-BusSteeler
07-19-2007, 04:27 PM
We got upper level seats. 2 for $230 total for the Seattle game this year (10/7). This is section 525, row J i believe.

what site? do u remember?

Preacher
07-19-2007, 05:06 PM
It is expensive but it is the Steelers at Heinz. Those tickets are at a premium no matter what game you choose. We bought 6 tickets in Section 134 for the 11/11 game at 425 each. We can only afford one game a year so we chose the clowns this year. We can't afford it either but we save our cheese so we can go to one. We have a 10 hour drive to go with it plus lodging..it is like a vacation weekend.

Wife and I bought two tickets... 500 level, but they are 40/50 yardline, row A, so there is no one in front of us. Tickets were 330 each or something like that. When we added in the Airplane, and hotel, we figured it had to be our vacation, so we are going for almost a week. Leaving Friday, and coming back the next Wednesday.

But hey, it is the Steelers vs. Ravens, MOnday night.

Jman
07-19-2007, 06:24 PM
what site? do u remember?

Yes, I bought mine on eBay from a season ticket holder. He had a few games for sale. His MNF game w/ the Ravens went for $255; I was blessed to get them @ $222. 8 bucks for shipping though. All in all, a great deal. Be patient and search around. Craig's List and eBay are good times. You can find some good deals here and there. :tt02: