PDA

View Full Version : Update: Lawrence Timmons Signs Contract With Steelers

83-Steelers-43
07-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Wait and see with signing Timmons
By John Harris
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, July 16, 2007

Want to be the first to place your head on the chopping block?

Go right ahead.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus took the plunge once already. He probably won't be so quick to do it a second time.

Rosenhaus represents tight end Greg Olsen, the No. 31 overall draft pick, who became the first first-rounder to sign.

Olsen inked a five-year, $10.6 million contract with the Chicago Bears on July 3. The deal includes almost $4.9 million in bonuses and is about 10 percent higher than what last year's No. 31 pick received.

Rosenhaus' other first-round client, Florida State linebacker Lawrence Timmons, still hasn't signed with the Steelers, who open training camp July 23 at St. Vincent College. Rosenhaus told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review in May that "we have all the confidence" Timmons will be signed before camp starts.

Given the slow progress of negotiations for the other 31 first-rounders, Rosenhaus might not be so quick to get Timmons signed, despite the agent's bold guarantee.

Rosenhaus, who claims to have never had a first-round holdout, understands the importance of Timmons reporting on time.

Timmons is the inaugural first-round pick of new coach Mike Tomlin. He missed the majority of offseason workouts because of a groin injury. The last thing either side wants is for Timmons to report late because of his contract and have his development delayed any more.

Still, Rosenhaus' loyalty is with Timmons, not the Steelers. He owes it to Timmons to negotiate the very best contract.

One way for Rosenhaus, who repsesents more than 90 clients, to determine the true value of Timmons' contract is to allow a pattern of signings to develop before agreeing to a deal.

Instead of taking the lead as he did with the Olsen deal, Rosenhaus could simply wait for other players to sign.

For example, Rosenhaus might decide to wait for No. 14 selection Darrelle Revis of Pitt to sign with the New York Jets and/or No. 16 selection Justin Harrell to sign with Green Bay.

The process is known as slotting, and it would enable Rosenhaus to establish a market based on the players taken directly before and after Timmons.

Last year's No. 15 pick, Tye Hill (five years, $10.2 million including between $6-$7.7 million guaranteed), signed earlier than No. 14 pick Broderick Bunkley (six years, between $17.5-$25.1 million with $7.46 million guaranteed) and No. 16 pick Jason Allen (six years, between $24-$30 million with $7.8 million guaranteed).

Rosenhaus told the Tribune-Review last month that negotiations with the Steelers were progressing, although no contract offers had been exchanged.

In May, Rosenhaus predicted that negotiations for Timmons would heat up as training camp approaches.

Truth be told, the Steelers have Rosenhaus right where they want him.

Timmons' groin injury plus a holdout equals a wasted rookie season.

If Rosenhaus doesn't make good on his guarantee, guess whose side Steelers fans will come down on?

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_517438.html

The Duke
07-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Good, so we can expect that by the end of this week Timmons could be signed

tony hipchest
07-15-2007, 11:18 PM
the greg olsen signing is a bit of a stretch. this will have no bearing on the timmons signing, because the bears have been very pro active in getting their players signed early just like the steelers have been.

people will naturally look at drew as the devil just for representing T.O., however we are not trying to sign T.O.

the slotting pretty much takes care of itself. you take what #15 got last year and add the 7% or so salary cap increase for this year and voila.

drew aint gonna pull the wool over the roones eyes or try to bend over the steelers organization. hes smart enough to know "homie dont play that".

*awaiting ensuing panic*

83-Steelers-43
07-15-2007, 11:18 PM
Good, so we can expect that by the end of this week Timmons could be signed

Hopefully for a nice price judging that the kid has already pulled his groin and sat on the bench for the majority of mini-camp. I would think that would give the Steelers some leverage. Eitherway I see him getting signed before camp.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Homie Don't Play That.....lol All is missing is a pic of Homie the Clown.....lol

Timmons needs to be signed before camp or at the most miss the one or two days...Timmons needs to get in there if he wants to have any shot to contribute his rookie year.....I think Mr. Next Question knows this.....So I'm sure we all will hear an announcement by Friday of Lawrence Timmons signing his contract......

83-Steelers-43
07-15-2007, 11:36 PM
All is missing is a pic of Homie the Clown.....lol.

Will this do?

http://www.halloween-mask.com/Toybox/tybx06/chadjohnsonpic.jpg

Preacher
07-15-2007, 11:43 PM
Personally...

I'm not too worried about it.

We'll see what will happen to him, but it will be okay in the end.

Preacher
07-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Will this do?

Yep.. you got that right...

He sure is a clown.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Will this do?

lol..........................:sofunny::sofunny::so funny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Galax Steeler
07-16-2007, 03:59 AM
I believe timmons will be signed before camp.By the way nice pic of the clown 83-steelers-43

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-16-2007, 09:41 AM
Hopefully Rosenhaus dosnt get to greedy so we can get Timmons signed quickly.

fansince'76
07-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Will this do?

Looks more like a cross between Simon Phoenix from "Demolition Man" and Jaws from the old James Bond movies:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/snipes.jpg and http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/7722_image01.jpg

tony hipchest
07-16-2007, 12:59 PM
:chuckle: now thats a spot on cross! Ocho "goldengrill" Phoenix. excellent!

ChronoCross
07-16-2007, 01:20 PM
http://www.robarnieanddawn.com/grammys2006-8-stone.jpg

Preacher
07-16-2007, 04:04 PM
I was watching mr. clown in the NFL skills comp...

He INSISTED he be referred to as Ocho Cinco or what ever his number is...

Naa... He isn't a clown.... more like an

http://kids.christiansunite.com/images/animals/ass.jpg

SteelCityMan786
07-16-2007, 04:10 PM
http://www.robarnieanddawn.com/grammys2006-8-stone.jpg

I wouldn't want to see Chad Johnson try to party like a rockstar in that picture. :sofunny::sofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
07-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Rosenhaus told the Tribune-Review last month that negotiations with the Steelers were progressing, although no contract offers had been exchanged.

does this make sence to anyone ? if neither side is making offers , then what the hell are they negotiating ??? :hunch:

tony hipchest
07-16-2007, 04:58 PM
if neither side is making offers , then what the hell are they negotiating ??? :hunch:theyre negotiating what color of sweatsuit timmons will model on the sidelines...

The Duke
07-16-2007, 05:56 PM
theyre negotiating what color of sweatsuit timmons will model on the sidelines...

Don't jinx it, we don't need another Duce :flap:

revefsreleets
07-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Sadly, nowadays top 20-25 picks don't even start negotiating until camp opens (which automatically means holdout), so I think it's a good sign that both sides are at least talking.

Along those lines, I almost feel sorry for the Browns. Joe Thomas is going to be tricky to sign because he's an OT drafted up where it's usually skill players, so you can almost assure he'll be a holdout. Then add in Quinn, who thinks he should get top 10 money, so just imagine what his agent thinks? They'll be lucky if either of these guys even get a week of camp. I don't feel sorry for the Browns, by the way.

fansince'76
07-16-2007, 07:41 PM
I was watching mr. clown in the NFL skills comp...

He INSISTED he be referred to as Ocho Cinco or what ever his number is...

I prefer "Ike's Beeotch."

Stlrs4Life
07-16-2007, 08:52 PM
If he holds out, it just goes along with other Florida State rejects. I wouldn't draft another Rosenhaus client or FSU grad, they all basically stink anyway. None of them are worth it past FSU in college. Basically, all FSU grads are busts. Anyway, if he is playing the wait and see with the Steelers, he's playing the wrong game, he better go back to playing tiddly winks.

83-Steelers-43
07-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Timmons' agent, Steelers exchange proposals
By John Harris
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Steelers have exchanged contract proposals with first-round draft pick Lawrence Timmons, and a deal could be completed before the opening of training camp, agent Drew Rosenhaus said.

"We've both exchanged proposals, and I hope to meet with the team at some point in the near future," Rosenhaus said Monday. "Things are progressing at a good rate, and I'm still hopeful of getting a deal done before camp starts."

The Steelers open training camp Monday at St. Vincent College -- the earliest start for any NFL team. The Steelers face the New Orleans Saints on Aug. 5 in the Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio.

Rosenhaus is negotiating with Steelers business operations coordinator Omar Khan and director of football operations Kevin Colbert.

"We have had a very productive negotiation process up to this point," Rosenhaus said.
Rosenhaus represents two first-rounders in the 2007 draft.

Timmons, the No. 15 overall selection from Florida State, was the second linebacker taken. Rosenhaus' other first-rounder, tight end Greg Olsen, signed with the Chicago Bears on July 3 and was the first first-rounder to sign.

The Steelers haven't signed any of their top three picks, including second-rounder LaMarr Woodley, a linebacker, and third-rounder Matt Spaeth, a tight end.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_517570.html

tony hipchest
07-16-2007, 11:29 PM
its pretty safe to say devildrew has been working pretty hard to see lance briggs into chicago camp until now. i dont think hes forgotten about timmons and this deal, and it should be a done before camp. actually if timmons isnt physically ready to go on day one, it buys both sides some time and shouldnt be looked at as anything more than that.

83-Steelers-43
07-16-2007, 11:46 PM
I predict the suicide rate in Pittsburgh hits 242 over a two day span.

1) We still have three picks to sign!!! ARRRGG!!! GRRR!!!! HAMBURGER!!!!

2) Therrien only signed for one year?!?!?! WTH is Shero doin'?!?!?!

3) Just watching the Pirates and not being able to take it anymore (understandable).

paw-n-maul-u
07-17-2007, 12:02 AM
If he holds out, it just goes along with other Florida State rejects. I wouldn't draft another Rosenhaus client or FSU grad, they all basically stink anyway. None of them are worth it past FSU in college. Basically, all FSU grads are busts. Anyway, if he is playing the wait and see with the Steelers, he's playing the wrong game, he better go back to playing tiddly winks.

Nice, unbiased approach. I'm not even going to spend my time looking but I can for sure tell you that there are dozens of Seminoles in the NFL, many of which are studs. B-mac, willie reid, and timmons are all from FSU. And they are all surely not rejects. At least the steelers players anyways!!

paw-n-maul-u
07-17-2007, 12:05 AM
On more important news ... I saw Rosenhaus on NFL live and said timmons could sign in the next few days ... I don't predict a high pburgh suicide rate, imagine if we got woodley and timmons signed and then got Troy extended also. Great success!!!

tony hipchest
07-17-2007, 12:24 AM
a. jackson has left a sour taste in manys mouth. detroit seems pretty happy with their 1st round defender from the seminoles last year as does cleveland.

im not sweating timmons. if hes a bust, hes a bust. the steelers will keep on keeping on. it wasnt a franchise making pick.

Preacher
07-17-2007, 02:10 AM
Why in the WORLD are we talking about a pick being a bust....

... When training camp HASN'T EVEN BEGAN?

Stlrs4Life
07-17-2007, 05:20 PM
OK, they are not all busts, but all FSU grads are a little over rated.

tony hipchest
07-17-2007, 05:23 PM
OK, they are not all busts, but all FSU grads are a little over rated.lol. good thing most who make it into the nfl arent actually "graduates" :sofunny:

Elvis
07-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Just give them time to get things started, and I think that all will be ok..

MasterOfPuppets
07-17-2007, 06:08 PM
OK, they are not all busts, but all FSU grads are a little over rated.
was deion sanders overated ? didn't anquan bolden and javon walker go to fsu?

Stlrs4Life
07-17-2007, 06:54 PM
was deion sanders overated ? didn't anquan bolden and javon walker go to fsu?

Ahhh, Deon Sanders! What a wimp, he was so afraid to get hit, and hit for that matter. He was Way Over Rated. He was a good return man, nothin beyond that. Javon Walker, he's OK, nothing to write home about.

suprasad
07-17-2007, 07:54 PM

Warren Sapp, Deion Sanders and Derrick Brooks (have) had pretty decent careers...Chris Weinke, on the other hand... :cheers:

nwksteeler
07-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Hopefully it will get done soon so that this kid can get to work and learn the defense. He is some kinda athlete I hope it translates into production on the field.

nwksteeler
07-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Sapp went to the U

C-BusSteeler
07-17-2007, 09:37 PM
lol. good thing most who make it into the nfl arent actually "graduates" :sofunny:

haha

Buzz05
07-18-2007, 07:33 AM
I duno I want to give the kid a chance. I like his potential...but personally I am more excited about Woodly. Any one named 'The Quarterback Killer' def. brings some excitement.

Timmons agent on the other hand...well lets just say 'Once a rat, always a rat.'

83-Steelers-43
07-21-2007, 08:37 AM
Timmons' signing a matter of time with Steelers

By John Harris
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, July 21, 2007

Drew Rosenhaus doesn't want to talk about it. The Steelers won't talk about it.

Contract negotiations involving the Steelers, first-round draft pick Lawrence Timmons and his famous attorney are like state secrets. The Steelers don't discuss contract negotiations until a deal is done -- ever.

Unfortunately, that leads to rampant speculation, consternation and high anxiety from media members and fans who devour anything about the Steelers, especially on a slow news day.

Timmons is the first draft pick of new coach Mike Tomlin, who could have chosen a defensive lineman, a offensive lineman or a defensive back but didn't hesitate to select Timmons No. 15 overall.

Under that scenario, how long before the Steelers and Rosenhaus agree on what Timmons, the first outside linebacker and second overall linebacker taken in the draft, deserves?

Given that negotiations for first-round draft picks are slower than Max Starks' 40 time -- only two first-rounders have signed -- longer than either side expected.

Let's not forget that the Steelers open training camp Monday, earlier than any NFL team. It's quite possible that the shorter time frame could pressure Timmons and his representative to get a deal done. After all, in the court of public opinion, the player is always the bad guy in contract negotiations, never the team.

That may be why Rosenhaus ripped into me the other day. He said I put words in his mouth in a recent column about guaranteeing that Timmons would report to camp on time after telling the Tribune-Review in May he had "confidence" Timmons would sign early.

Forgive Rosenhaus for being a little sensitive about these negotiations and how he's perceived by the public.

Rosenhaus is a shrewd negotiator, but he's also regarded as someone who will do whatever it takes to get his clients paid -- even if it means instructing one of his players to hold out. His 1997 autobiography, "A Shark Never Sleeps: Wheeling and Dealing With the NFL's Most Ruthless Agent," speaks for itself.

But even Rosenhaus, who has a legal background, misses the irony when he calls himself an agent in his own book -- or maybe he does it to enhance his reputation as, well, a wheeler and dealer. He's an attorney by trade, armed with a degree from the Duke University School of Law.

Rosenhaus knows the law.

Rosenhaus also knows how to close deals, which should make Steelers fans cautiously optimistic.

Three of Rosenhaus' six draft picks have signed, including tight end Greg Olsen, the No. 31 overall selection and the initial first-rounder to agree to terms.

Rosenhaus said negotiations with the Steelers have been positive. An agreement makes sense for all parties. Time doesn't have to be an enemy; it can be an ally. If everyone is on the same page, two days until the start of training camp can seem like all the time in the world.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_518297.html

fansince'76
07-21-2007, 08:42 AM
After all, in the court of public opinion, the player is always the bad guy in contract negotiations, never the team.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha! Mr. Harris has obviously never bothered to read some of the comments here about how "cheap" the Rooneys are....

tony hipchest
07-21-2007, 11:32 AM
That may be why Rosenhaus ripped into me the other day. He said I put words in his mouth in a recent column about guaranteeing that Timmons would report to camp on time after telling the Tribune-Review in May he had "confidence" Timmons would sign early. wow. was this an article or a blog entry? lol

talk about putting drews foot to the flame.

Elvis
07-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Ahhh, Deon Sanders! What a wimp, he was so afraid to get hit, and hit for that matter. He was Way Over Rated. He was a good return man, nothin beyond that. Javon Walker, he's OK, nothing to write home about.
Maybe I didnt see the same Deon that you did... I agree that the guy was just a finesse player, but he was a heck of a cover corner. In my opinion in this day and time he was the very best cover corner I have seen. Just because he didnt tackle very much doesnt mean that he wasnt a Great Cover Corner... just look at his stats and then rethink your comments ... these are my opinions and I dont want to offend anyone...
:tt02:

fansince'76
07-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Maybe I didnt see the same Deon that you did... I agree that the guy was just a finesse player, but he was a heck of a cover corner. In my opinion in this day and time he was the very best cover corner I have seen. Just because he didnt tackle very much doesnt mean that he wasnt a Great Cover Corner... just look at his stats and then rethink your comments ... these are my opinions and I dont want to offend anyone...
:tt02:

Sorry Wedo, I'd take Blount and Woodson anyday. I have no respect for any defensive player who can't tackle and who apparently is afraid of contact. "Prime Time" was the biggest wuss in NFL history.

yinzer-inseattle
07-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Sorry Wedo, I'd take Blount and Woodson anyday. I have no respect for any defensive player who can't tackle and who apparently is afraid of contact. "Prime Time" was the biggest wuss in NFL history.

I agree Prime Time was no "impact" player when it comes to hitting/tackling, but calling him the biggest wuss in the history of the nfl is a bit harsh. Watch the higlights of superbowl VII. You'll see .......Garo Yepremian is the biggest wuss ever in the NFL. My sister was three at the time and she could have trown that ball further forward.

Preacher
07-21-2007, 07:44 PM
This is how I used to say it...

Deon Sanders... Best CB in the league while the ball is in the air... he knew how to cover... how to get to the ball, etc.

Woodson... Best CB in the league when the ball was on the ground... He could blitz, break on a ball, hit, tackle, break up the pass...

Who would I want on my team? Depends on the defense I was running. I will tell you this though... If I was giving the chance to have them both on my team....

I WOULD JUMP AT IT.

steelpride12
07-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Darn it just sign him already!!!

Preacher
07-21-2007, 11:17 PM
I keep surfing the net to see if they sign him!!

revefsreleets
07-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Bwahahahahahahahahaha! Mr. Harris has obviously never bothered to read some of the comments here about how "cheap" the Rooneys are....

That's funny, but, believe me, that kind of talk isn't endemic to just this site. EVERY Steelers message board has a few dedicated Rooney haters on it, and it doesn't matter how many times you explain about football being the only business the Rooney's run and stadium revenues and the fact that the Steelers spend more than any other small market team, those people will never understand.

As for Deion Sanders, man, I really dislike that guy and his made-up words and his faux piety, but I've never seen a better cover corner play the game. If he lined up across from a WR, no matter who it was, he'd just shut the guy down.

Atlanta Dan
07-22-2007, 02:57 PM
I keep surfing the net to see if they sign him!!

Timmons needs to get to camp now if he is to contribute this year but the signing I am waiting for is Troy, both because it needs to happen ASAP and because it presumably will show the Steelers will pay market rate for All-Pro players in their prime.

I am so ready for this season to get rolling..

stillers4me
07-22-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm hoping to see reports of both Troy's and Timmons done deals by the time I get home from work tomorrow.....(fingers and toes crossed)

rbryan
07-22-2007, 03:08 PM
I can remember the joke that was going around back when Sanders was in his prime.

The only player in NFL history to be voted defensive MVP without making a tackle.

83-Steelers-43
07-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Steelers, Timmons agree to five-year deal
Sunday, July 22, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers today came to a five-year contract agreement with first-round draft choice Lawrence Timmons, a linebacker from Florida State.

Timmons, the last of eight draft picks to come to terms with the Steelers, will report to training camp with the rest of his new teammates Monday at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07203/803663-66.stm

fansince'76
07-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Great news! Hopefully, Troy will ink his extension in the next day or so. :jammin:

revefsreleets
07-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Although I don't like him, I still feel like defending him for some weird reason. Sanders was a 3 sport standout, and was a helluva baseball player in the MLB.

Off the field, I abhor everything the guy stood for and stands for now, but I can't deny he was a great cover corner. The fact that he refused to get physical was a testament to his business savvy ( he didn't want to end up like Bo Jackson) and his selfishness (Bo Jackson was as physical of a football player as anyone). That's why I don't like the guy. But I can't deny his talent.

revefsreleets
07-22-2007, 04:59 PM
That is HUGE news! That means this guy will prepared to play this year. Now that should trigger a domino effect and all the rest of our draft class should sign before camp.

83-Steelers-43
07-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Now let's get Troy signed up and ready to go.

stillers4me
07-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Great news!
Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Steelers will have all of their rookies in training camp tomorrow after coming to a five-year contract agreement with first-round draft choice Lawrence Timmons this afternoon.

Timmons signed a five-year contract that is worth slightly less than $12 million in base salary and up to $15 million, including incentives. He will receive various guaranteed bonuses of $8,053,000 that includes signing and roster bonuses.

"We think it was very important to get Lawrence signed on time to give him an opportunity to reach his immense potential," said his agent, Drew Rosenhaus. "Obviously, Mike Tomlin's in his first training camp and Lawrence is his first draft pick as head coach and we wanted him to be there. He's off to a great start."

Atlanta Dan
07-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Assuming he is recovered from his groin injury that is crucial. With a new system being installed the vets will have their own issues without having time to bring Timmons up to speed.

Agreed Troy's deal needs to get done this week.

Faneca is not a happy camper but the Colts and Pats also have issues with vets that are not thrilled with their contracts. Assuming Troy is signed, it may be better for Faneca to know he is leaving rather than have a repeat of last year's Cowher situation with the uncertainty hanging over the entire season.

The Duke
07-22-2007, 05:08 PM
We only need Troy resigned and we are more than ready for training camp

83-Steelers-43
07-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Now that should trigger a domino effect and all the rest of our draft class should sign before camp.

He was our last rookie. They are all signed and ready to report.

83-Steelers-43
07-22-2007, 05:22 PM
According to ESPN (actual details of the signing).....

Timmons, 21, will sign a five-year contract that, including incentives, has a maximum value of $15 million. The contract, negotiated by agents Drew Rosenhaus and Jason Rosenhaus, features $8.053 million in bonuses. The total bonus money represents an increase of about 8 percent over that paid to the No. 15 player chosen in the 2006 draft, cornerback Tye Hill, and the total value is an increase of about 19 percent.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2945434

ChronoCross
07-22-2007, 05:32 PM
I was taken a nap and got a txt msg about this. Great news..

Livinginthe past
07-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Props to the Steelers for getting all their draft picks inked - it a good thing seeing as the Steelers have the earlist start date for TC.

The total value increase is interesting - looks like Rosenhaus got his guy a good deal - the salary cap increase was just under 7% and his client got an 18% improvement on the deal offerd to last years No.15 pick.

Crushzilla
07-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Troy will come tomorrow, for sure.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Great news....Can't wait to see Timmon's run and hit factor in pre-season....

The Duke
07-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Troy will come tomorrow, for sure.

Yes, right before training camp starts

Edman
07-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Good news. Let's see what this kid can really do. Hope he has gotten over his injury.

But Great news would be getting Troy locked up. He's earned his paycheck.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Great news. Good work front office in getting all these guys signed.:thumbsup:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Next Question.......

HometownGal
07-22-2007, 06:31 PM
83 - This was already posted in this thread after your post time by stillers4me. I'm going to combine the threads just in case members don't want to scroll back. Thanks to both of you for posting this excellent news! :cheers: :tt02:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17931&page=6

Jman
07-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Glad to see everyone will be reporting for camp...

Stlrs4Life
07-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Glad Drew proved me wrong, I'm surprised. Glad to see this signing.

Preacher
07-22-2007, 10:33 PM
WooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooo!

Here we go Steelers Here we go!

SteelShooter
07-22-2007, 10:51 PM
:tt02: ......Finally....... :tt02:

klick81
07-23-2007, 01:31 AM
Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Steelers today came to a five-year contract agreement with first-round draft choice Lawrence Timmons, a linebacker from Florida State.

Timmons, the last of eight draft picks to come to terms with the Steelers, will report to training camp with the rest of his new teammates Monday at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07203/803663-66.stm

Wow, this is big. Five years huh?

Galax Steeler
07-23-2007, 03:46 AM
Lets get ready to RUMBELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

tony hipchest
07-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Props to the Steelers for getting all their draft picks inked - it a good thing seeing as the Steelers have the earlist start date for TC.

The total value increase is interesting - looks like Rosenhaus got his guy a good deal - the salary cap increase was just under 7% and his client got an 18% improvement on the deal offerd to last years No.15 pick.

only 3 1st rounders have signed and 2 of them were devildrews clients. not that he needs it, but thats pretty good advertising and a sign of competency not relying on all the other agents to set the bar. i bet hes earned a few future clients.

it definitely looks like he got a premium and im suprised it wasnt a 6 year deal. he may have negotiated out a final year in the deal so his client could hit free agency i year quicker.

Livinginthe past
07-23-2007, 01:19 PM
only 3 1st rounders have signed and 2 of them were devildrews clients. not that he needs it, but thats pretty good advertising and a sign of competency not relying on all the other agents to set the bar. i bet hes earned a few future clients.

it definitely looks like he got a premium and im suprised it wasnt a 6 year deal. he may have negotiated out a final year in the deal so his client could hit free agency i year quicker.

I think he does a good job for his clients - you have guys like the Postons (are they even still around?) who made a point of being awkward and unapproachable and most probably unreasonable in their demands.

Rosenhaus always seems concise and always playing to a gameplan.