PDA

View Full Version : Shero to be hired by the Pirates

section514
07-17-2007, 01:19 PM
I have said this before in a few threads, but wouldn't it be nice if Shero was hired by the Pirates, do you think he could work for both teams. Just look at the work he is doing with a salary cap, even though working for the pirates would be like having the only team in the MLB with a salary cap that decreases every year, but hey at least this is the last year the pirates have to pay Jason Kendall, now that he is getting paid by the buccos to play for the cubs....

83-Steelers-43
07-17-2007, 01:27 PM
IMO and I've said this before, the Pirates can go out and get the greatest mind in the game to replace McClatchy, but as long as the Nuttings are writing the checks it will not matter. With McClatchy gone you might see better decision making in certain situations, but we would still be signing Moskos instead of Wieters today.

Once again, McClatchy was part of the problem, Nutting is the bottomline when it comes to drafting the best (and more expensive) ball player available, keeping your own ball players come contract time and signing high price FA's who could make an immediate impact on your ball team.

It all comes down to Nutting and his tightly clenched check book.

SteelCityMan786
07-17-2007, 01:49 PM
IMO and I've said this before, the Pirates can go out and get the greatest mind in the game to replace McClatchy, but as long as the Nuttings are writing the checks it will not matter. With McClatchy gone you might see better decision making in certain situations, but we would still be signing Moskos instead of Wieters today.

Once again, McClatchy was part of the problem, Nutting is the bottomline when it comes to drafting the best (and more expensive) ball player available, keeping your own ball players come contract time and signing high price FA's who could make an immediate impact on your ball team.

It all comes down to Nutting and his tightly clenched check book.

He better loosen up the grasp on the check book. Unforunately a gut feeling says no he won't.

83-Steelers-43
07-17-2007, 01:52 PM
He better loosen up the grasp on the check book. Unforunately a gut feeling says no he won't.

My guess? Nutting will shake up the FO to make it look like change is occuring, he will throw out a few lame and cheesy propoganda commercials while pushing bobblehead and firework nights. Next Spring the fans in this city will be pumped (this is the year we hit .500!!!) and then a month later things will be back to where they are right now. 12 games under .500. Same old, same old.

Edman
07-20-2007, 06:33 PM
McClatchy may be a part of the problem, but it's simply damage control by the Nutcases. As long as they're the owners, the Bucs will go nowhere and show nothing but flashes.

Look no further than this year's draft to see that things will NOT improve for the Pirates. Drafting another low-rated LHP over talented Weiters tells everything about how much of a joke this organization is.