PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins | Culpepper released

ChronoCross
07-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Dolphins | Culpepper released
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:17:17 -0700 The Miami Dolphins (http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl) have announced they have terminated the contract of QB Daunte Culpepper (http://www.kffl.com/player/1120/nfl).

So the big question were does he end up at ???

Crushzilla
07-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Minnesota? :chuckle:

There are some teams out there with young guys who could use a solid backup on the roster. Houston comes to mind.

OneForTheToe
07-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Alert to Al Davis: Washed up former all pro QB available, to be overpaid, and then become disgruntled within a year.

ChronoCross
07-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Maybe the Bengals.. :P

MACH1
07-17-2007, 03:52 PM

or a mentoring job in cleveland. :dang:

Crushzilla
07-17-2007, 03:59 PM
or a mentoring job in cleveland. :dang:

Teaching Brady Quinn how to blow out a leg.... :scratchchin:

ChronoCross
07-17-2007, 04:03 PM

Could teach him how to throw into the wind without the ball being knocked down for not having a strong arm. :cheer:

83-Steelers-43
07-17-2007, 04:06 PM

After seeing that picture of Quinn and his 'buddies' on the golf course, I think Quinn is set in the blowing department. He seems like a grizzled vet when it comes to that aspect. :thumbsup:

Crushzilla
07-17-2007, 04:15 PM
After seeing that picture of Quinn and his 'buddies' on the golf course, I think Quinn is set in the blowing department. He seems like a grizzled vet when it comes to that aspect. :thumbsup:

Hahahahaha

Fatality!

ChronoCross
07-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Quinn and his buddies after the pictures retired to the back room for some of Quinns newly bought;

http://vancouverwholesale.com/ebay/images/auctions/ma/whip_pink_01.jpg

tony hipchest
07-17-2007, 04:22 PM
this is a no brainer. the pats just signed testaverde. they will sign culpepper and be able to cut the green testicle in camp. even with a bum knee "pep" still has more mobility than brady, vinnie, and bledsoe combined and he can still throw the ball.

(just heep him away from the "duckboats" if they win a champ)

Crushzilla
07-17-2007, 04:25 PM
this is a no brainer. the pats just signed testaverde. they will sign culpepper and be able to cut the green testicle in camp. even with a bum knee "pep" still has more mobility than brady, vinnie, and bledsoe combined and he can still throw the ball.

(just heep him away from the "duckboats" if they win a champ)

That's true and it would also help the Patriots in their bid to prove that you can never sign too many has beens....

tony hipchest
07-17-2007, 04:28 PM
That's true and it would also help the Patriots in their bid to prove that you can never sign too many has beens....
they love a reclaimation project, thats for sure. plus he can help moss "focus".

ChronoCross
07-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Pats still have what over 10mil in cap space they could easily sign clump pepper.

ChronoCross
07-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Well with herpes man getting finally thrown to the courts, Falcons seems like the choice.

Mosca
07-17-2007, 05:06 PM
I always liked this guy. He's been a hard competitor his entire career. Yeah, he's been inconsistent, but he burns to win. I hope he lands somewhere and redeems himself, like Plunkett did for example.

Tom

RoethlisBURGHer
07-17-2007, 05:13 PM
I can se him going to Atlanta with Vick getting the dog fighting charges.

tony hipchest
07-17-2007, 05:21 PM
I can se him going to Atlanta with Vick getting the dog fighting charges.i think the patriots or the jags have more money to offer him. i can see the jags signing him and then raking the falcons over the coals and trading gerrard to them on the 5% chance vick is indicted. vicks trial probably will be delayed until next season anyways if it even gets that far.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Ive heard that he could end up in Baltimore.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-17-2007, 06:20 PM
I think Vick's gonna end up suspended,no matter when his trial starts.

Livinginthe past
07-17-2007, 06:29 PM
I don't see Culpepper in a Patriots uni - he just doesn't strike me as a guy who would handle being back-up very well.

I think Old Father Time is used as another QB coach in New England, maybe to break down what the D is showing and offer some advice from a different vantage point.

Mind you, we do have some stretch the field weaponry in New England this year - if Culpepper was ever going to play for the Patriots this year might well be it.......

ChronoCross
07-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Watching NFL Network right now and they think Jags will make a push for him since they were already interested in Culpepper before his release.

tony hipchest
07-17-2007, 06:39 PM
I don't see Culpepper in a Patriots uni - he just doesn't strike me as a guy who would handle being back-up very well.

I think Old Father Time is used as another QB coach in New England, maybe to break down what the D is showing and offer some advice from a different vantage point.

Mind you, we do have some stretch the field weaponry in New England this year - if Culpepper was ever going to play for the Patriots this year might well be it.......if brady goes down week 12 to a season ending injury and the patriots are 9-2 who do you want? pep, cassell, or testaverde? pats could offer plenty of playing time incentives alot of teams are probably not willing to pay (or cant)

Livinginthe past
07-17-2007, 07:11 PM
if brady goes down week 12 to a season ending injury and the patriots are 9-2 who do you want? pep, cassell, or testaverde? pats could offer plenty of playing time incentives alot of teams are probably not willing to pay (or cant)

I'll give you my honest answer - it would probably be Culpepper, but I don't know he would react to the previous 11 weeks when he was unaware he would get a game.

Testerverde could get us through half a game, Cassell is a real wildcard - he's looked good so far but its been very limited action.

I think Dante came back from that injury too quickly, and maybe he does have something left in the tank but im not sure how he would handle the Patriots offensive scheme (as it stands)

SteelCityMan786
07-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Can't say we didn't see this coming.

Buzz05
07-18-2007, 07:38 AM
Ive heard that he could end up in Baltimore.

Gawd I hope not...

The Duke
07-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Gawd I hope not...

why not, then we could beat the crap outta him when mcnair retires or gets hurt

tony hipchest
07-19-2007, 06:16 PM
despite having 7 qb's on the roster, jon grudens strange obsession with QB's continues as 'pep' visited the bucs today.

strange. hes not really your typical west coast passer.

actually pep could possibly have some trade value in the future and i would much rather have him on the roster than st. pierre.

stlrtruck
07-19-2007, 08:57 PM

He's never been arrested so Cinci doesn't want him. All those his sex boat operations may become needed, I think the bungles prefer hardened criminals.

Preacher
07-19-2007, 09:05 PM
My pic...

Raiders or Falcons.

We may pick him and park him... but then again, do we want to let BSP loose, now that he has seen our playbook this year?

wharalson
07-20-2007, 10:42 AM
jacksonville might be picking culpepper up to play backup to bBL.

AlleghenyArsenal
07-20-2007, 10:46 AM
I'd like to see him go to Baltimore.They will need another washed-up qb after McNair fails to make it through four games.:cheers:

lilyoder6
07-20-2007, 01:36 PM
he could go to oakland... he coul dbe better than josh mcgown

silver & black
07-20-2007, 08:09 PM
he could go to oakland... he coul dbe better than josh mcgown

Yeah, thats just what we need... another has been, washed up QB. No chance it will happen. Russell, McCown, Walter, Booty.............. we have enough QB's, thank you.