PDA

View Full Version : Vick indicted

Pages : 1 2 [3]

X-Terminator
09-05-2007, 05:54 PM
While dogfighting is illegal in the U.S. it's a popular sport in other countries like Afghanistan.

OK, stop right there. Number one, this ain't Afghanistan. Number two, dogfighting = animal cruelty, which has been against the law for years. People have gone to jail for far less than Vick has done, and you think this isn't a big deal?

It all comes down to one thing: racism.

Ah HA! If a black man gets caught breaking the law, and he gets punished for breaking said law, it MUST be racism. :coffee:

Sorry, no. Being black DOES NOT give you a free pass to break the law.

If Vick were a white guy the feds wouldn't even look at him.
:bs:

If Vick were white, he'd STILL be going to prison, because you see, the Feds do not discriminate when it comes to indictments and prosecutions.

It's not like he was killing people.

Please, enough. I'm SO sick and tired of people making excuses for people who break the law. I'm especially sick and tired of black people making excuses for other black people who break the law. And you wonder why we still have a problem with real racism in this country?

Vick engaged in illegal activity, therefore he should pay the price. Case closed.

Thanks for playing.

Bobby Socks
09-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Vick was indicted by the federal government. It's no secret that the feds hate black people. Why else would they pursue Vick for a simple dogfighting ring? People do it all the time. Vick is a target of racial profiling, and he's famous. As for what he did, he has been doing it since he was a kid. Someone had to introduce him to dogfighting. Maybe it was something that was popular where he was growing up. If that is the case we shouldn't be blaming Vick. we should blame society.

fansince'76
09-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Vick was indicted by the federal government. It's no secret that the feds hate black people. Why else would they pursue Vick for a simple dogfighting ring? People do it all the time. Vick is a target of racial profiling, and he's famous. As for what he did, he has been doing it since he was a kid. Someone had to introduce him to dogfighting. Maybe it was something that was popular where he was growing up. If that is the case we shouldn't be blaming Vick. we should blame society.

People shoot and kill other people all the time - I guess murder should be made legal too? Oh, that's right, it was "just dogs" - my bad. :rolleyes: The feds hate black people? Right. I guess that explains why during my 13 years of employment with the federal government, as a caucasian, I was frequently passed over for promotions by lesser-qualified non-caucasians (namely blacks) in the name of "diversity," right? Oh, that's right, that was just "tokenism." My bad again. :rolleyes:

MACH1
09-06-2007, 11:30 AM

That excuse is already taken by the bungals. Besides vick doesn't no what the laws are? He doesn't know its illegal to fight dogs? BS. He did it to himself and deserves everything he gets from not knowing better.

X-Terminator
09-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Vick was indicted by the federal government.

Wow, you're a regular Sherlock Holmes!

It's no secret that the feds hate black people.

I could give you a million examples showing that that's a load of hooey, but why waste the bandwidth? Besides, you know that's complete bullshit, and are just using it to try to defend the indefensible.

Why else would they pursue Vick for a simple dogfighting ring?

Um, maybe because it's ILLEGAL? Oh wait, you don't believe that people should be punished for breaking the law. My mistake.

People do it all the time.

That may be, but so far they haven't been stupid enough to get caught, unlike Vick. But I bet you because of the fact that he was stupid enough to get caught, that a LOT more of these rings will be uncovered and busted up. It's the one and only thing in this whole affair that we owe Vick a debt of gratitude for.

Vick is a target of racial profiling,

No, he isn't. Saying it a million times will not make it so. He's a target because he was engaged in illegal activity. The color of his skin has absolutely nothing to do with it.

The racism card is played out. It won't work anymore. Vick broke the law, and Vick should pay the price. Period.

and he's famous.

That gets you one dollar. Would you care to try for two?

As for what he did, he has been doing it since he was a kid.

So he's been a criminal most of his life? Somehow, I'm not surprised.

Someone had to introduce him to dogfighting. Maybe it was something that was popular where he was growing up. If that is the case we shouldn't be blaming Vick. we should blame society.

So if someone told you to jump off a bridge...naked...in the Arctic...would you do it? I thought not.

Vick had the choice of not getting involved in dogfighting. He did, and now he's dealing with the consequences of that decision. He has no one to blame but himself.

Society did not screw Michael Vick. The Feds did not screw Michael Vick. Michael Vick screwed Michael Vick, plain and simple. It's about time you and the rest of his apologists realized that and stopped the pathetic excuses.

Bobby Socks
09-07-2007, 10:22 AM
It's no secret that law enforcement hates black people. I don't understand why the feds got involved when the local law enforcement was handling the case just fine. Maybe it's because Vick is rich, black, and famous?

Look what happened to O.J. Simpson. He was set up and framed by racist cops. I'm just glad he had some good lawyers. Vick has also done a lot for his community, he has given a lot back. Don't be so hard on Vick. Remember what the Bible says, judge not lest ye be judged.

fansince'76
09-07-2007, 10:28 AM
It's no secret that law enforcement hates black people. I don't understand why the feds got involved when the local law enforcement was handling the case just fine. Maybe it's because Vick is rich, black, and famous?

Look what happened to O.J. Simpson. He was set up and framed by racist cops. I'm just glad he had some good lawyers. Vick has also done a lot for his community, he has given a lot back. Don't be so hard on Vick. Remember what the Bible says, judge not lest ye be judged.

Mmmm, no - it has something to do with the "innocent" little dogfighting ring operating over several state lines, which makes it a federal rap. And please, drop the race card - that one has been (over)played to death. And OJ was as guilty as the day is long and anybody with two brain cells to rub together knows it.

rog
09-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Mmmm, no - it has something to do with the "innocent" little dogfighting ring operating over several state lines, which makes it a federal rap. And please, drop the race card - that one has been (over)played to death. And OJ was as guilty as the day is long and anybody with two brain cells to rub together knows it.

Exactly....there is the problem!!!!!!!

83-Steelers-43
09-07-2007, 07:40 PM
I don't really think Vick did anything wrong. While dogfighting is illegal in the U.S. it's a popular sport in other countries like Afghanistan. You people have something against other cultures?

It all comes down to one thing: racism. If Vick were a white guy the feds wouldn't even look at him. It's not like he was killing people.

LOL......The Hill "coalitition" would love you. :yawn:

Atlanta Dan
09-07-2007, 07:58 PM

Mr. Socks - is your tongue planted firmly in your cheek or is your foot stuck in your mouth?:smile:

I am going back and forth on my opinion on that - if I did not live in Atlanta I would have to assume you are joking and that nobody would seriously have your take on the recent rough patch in Senor Mexico's life. However, since I live in Atlanta I recognize it is possible you are serious.

Please share and discuss your motivation.

Your partner in multicultural tolerance
Atlanta Dan

Preacher
09-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Mr. Socks - is your tongue planted firmly in your cheek or is your foot stuck in your mouth?:smile:

I am going back and forth on my opinion on that - if I did not live in Atlanta I would have to assume you are joking and that nobody would seriously have your take on the recent rough patch in Senor Mexico's life. However, since I live in Atlanta I recognize it is possible you are serious.

Please share and discuss your motivation.

Your partner in multicultural tolerance
Atlanta Dan

THAT IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST PIECE OF SARCASM I HAVE EVER READ ON THIS BOARD.

You are DEFINITELY getting some rep point from me for that one!!!

zoneblitz43
09-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Mr. Socks doesn't seem to understand the situation. Michael Vick broke the law. He knew that dogfighting and running a gambling ring was illegal. He also lied to the feds, lied to the NFL commissioner, and lied to his fans. He is an adult, even though he may have grown up around it he should know the difference between right and wrong, and that when you break the law, you risk getting caught. He got caught and he has to live with the consequences of his actions. You say there is nothing wrong with what he did? Dogfighting is a form of animal cruelty. He killed dogs that didn't perform well in the fighting ring. I also heard that several beagles we're rescued from the house he owned, which are often used as bait animals to test a dog's fighting skill. If you don't feel there is something wrong with what he did, then you have some serious problems.

As for Vick supposedly being a target of racial profiling, thats B.S. Don't "blame society", Vick made the choice himself. Vick has no one to blame but himself. I know many successful, law-abiding black people who have never been a target of racial profiling. While I do agree that racism is still a problem, I don't agree with your whole "Vick was targeted because he is black and famous" argument. Do you have any proof that what your saying is true? Didn't think so. People like Michael Vick are part of the reason why stereotypes exist in the first place. He is a disgrace to black people.

Bobby Socks
09-13-2007, 03:33 PM
A disgrace to black people? How dare you say that!!! Michael Vick has given back so much to his community. Michael came from nothing to become an NFL star. He is a true role model for children. Dogfighting is part of his culture. The dogs he killed failed to perform in the fighting ring. What was he supposed to do with them, turn them loose so they could maul people? Vick may have broken the law but as I said before being black and famous made him a target. That's why the feds are handling the case, and not the local police. It's not like he was killing people.

MACH1
09-13-2007, 03:40 PM
A disgrace to black people? How dare you say that!!! Michael Vick has given back so much to his community. Michael came from nothing to become an NFL star. He is a true role model for children. Dogfighting is part of his culture. The dogs he killed failed to perform in the fighting ring. What was he supposed to do with them, turn them loose so they could maul people? Vick may have broken the law but as I said before being black and famous made him a target. That's why the feds are handling the case, and not the local police. It's not like he was killing people.

May have???

Last time I checked role models don't brutally kill man's best friend or are they convicted felons. Be it that they are black, white, or purple.

steelergirl07
09-13-2007, 03:49 PM

I'm sorry, but he is no role model. Unless you want your children to become murderers. And don't give me this "Dogfighting is part of his culture" bull. I was raised around ****fighting, and I know and believe it is wrong. I would never participate, even though it is part of my "culture". And about the "what was he suppose to do with them" comment...how about NOT RAISE THEM TO FIGHT AND KILL OTHER DOGS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! :dang: