PDA

View Full Version : Words from Ben

Stlrs4Life
07-17-2007, 05:39 PM
http://www.bigben7.com/blog.aspx?emailid=200534

From his Web Site"

July 17th, 2007

Hello everyone,

I hope this recent blog finds everyone doing well and getting excited for training camp and the season. I know it has been awhile since I have been on here to let you all know what?s been going on with me. There?s been a lot this off-season...

Recently, I have been to the ESPY's in LA, played in the American Century Golf Classic in Lake Tahoe with Carson Palmer, Vinny Testaverde, Ray Romano, Vinny Del Negro and others, and went to my sister?s graduation in Findlay (just to name a few things).

Camp is just a week away now, and I am ready as ever. I have been studying my playbook to get used to our changes on offense, and have been working out more than usual to get ready. Many people ask how I?m feeling physically, so I want everyone to know I?m in great shape and my body really feels better than ever. I am currently weighing around 243 lbs, which I feel is the perfect weight for me to report at.

We all know that this camp is going to be a lot different than years past, but I think that we?re ready for the challenge. We?ll go out and give it all we have with the plan of bringing another Super Bowl title back to you the fans.

Well I have to take off now, but I hope that everyone is well and please come see us at training camp in Latrobe......and p.s., I will do all I can at camp to sign a bunch of autographs, but please understand that if I can?t get to you that I didn?t avoid you on purpose. I?m on a tight schedule in Latrobe, but I appreciate the support of the fans.

Take care all...
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6474/sigsh0.gif (http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzaGFjay51cw==)
Shot at 2007-07-17

Ben Roethlisberger

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Ive always believed that Big Ben would bounce back after last season I mean he's too good a QB not to and this just strenthens my fellings.

tony hipchest
07-17-2007, 06:03 PM
great post by ben. anybody notice him and amanda beard seemed to be getting a little chummy at the ESPY's after party? i wonder if he got some?

im impressed that while he is talking about himself he is sure to be all inclusive with the team. too me that shows signs of a growing leader who is not all about me, me, i, me.

We all know that this camp is going to be a lot different than years past, but I think that we’re ready for the challenge. We’ll go out and give it all we have with the plan of bringing another Super Bowl title back to you the fans.

Elvis
07-17-2007, 06:07 PM
I guess this blog answers my question about how the young man is doing in his comeback healthwise. I am so glad to hear the young man talking this way, and I just hope that all is well with him healthwise this upcoming season. He, in all reality to all the other league teams has something or alot to prove. He won a Super Bowl 2 years ago, but he played a pretty poor game in my opinion. We won that Super Bowl on 1 big run and 1 big pass or maybe 2, the big hail marry to Hines was huge. I just look forward to seeing this upcoming season more than any in a long time.
:tt02::tt02::tt02:

ChronoCross
07-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Sounds great that he is working out more, learning more and getting ready for this upcoming season to led us yet again. Cannot wait to see how well he bounces back.

The Duke
07-17-2007, 06:14 PM
He has confidence and that's the most important thing, last year he thought he was ready and he obviously wasn't, this year he does seem ready. Can't wait for training camp, and preseason, and the season to start!!

Steelerstrength
07-17-2007, 06:16 PM
243 lbs. sounds good! I'm curious to what his playing weight was last year, and how it fluctuated during? Strength was a real issue with BB last year. His bodyweight was at least one gauge for us.

ChronoCross
07-17-2007, 06:32 PM
243 lbs. sounds good! I'm curious to what his playing weight was last year, and how it fluctuated during? Strength was a real issue with BB last year. His bodyweight was at least one gauge for us.

Actually Ben is above his weight when he was drafted at 241 and he is saying now around 243. While last season he dropped down into the 220's do to the crash. So he has got back to his playing weight were he was more comfortable, stronger and faster at now.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-17-2007, 06:36 PM
How much did he weigh during the 2005 season and then the 2006 season?

ChronoCross
07-17-2007, 06:42 PM
How much did he weigh during the 2005 season and then the 2006 season?

He was registered at 241 for 2005.. 2006 his first game back he was in the low 220's. During the 2006 season he never got past 220's.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-17-2007, 06:51 PM
It's nice to know he'll have his strength back and be able to absorb hits better.

ChronoCross
07-17-2007, 06:54 PM
It's nice to know he'll have his strength back and be able to absorb hits better.

with this teeth he sure can;
http://www.charlesreiche.com/images/texas/big.teeth.jpg

83-Steelers-43
07-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Sounds good. Let's see come September 9.

nwksteeler
07-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Sounds good, I am looking for a big year from Big Ben to silence all his critics.

steelpride12
07-18-2007, 01:26 AM
what a great guy!

Buzz05
07-18-2007, 07:28 AM
Lets start the Ben come back train...ALL ABOARD!! :tt02:

memphissteelergirl
07-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Lets start the Ben come back train...ALL ABOARD!! :tt02:

Sound the whistle....WOOO WOOO!! :chicken::banana:

HometownGal
07-18-2007, 02:54 PM
He seems to have a very positive 'tude going into camp and the coming season which is the first step towards success. :thumbsup: As I've said in other threads, I truly believe we Steelers fans are going to see a lot of the 2005 Ben, but he's going to be even better! :tt02:

Thanks for the read, Dom.

PAMillerGrrl83
07-18-2007, 03:31 PM
I watched Ben at the Tahoe Celebrity golf do hicky and he's deifnately looking much better.

http://usera.imagecave.com/NaeandJuss/Ben/ben20072.JPG

SteelerFanInCA
07-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Glad to hear his weight is back up to the 240. I think he played better at that weight because he had more body to shake off would be tacklers.

onthebus36
07-18-2007, 04:07 PM
I saw his interview from out there and he seemed focused and seems to have moved on from some of the jabs he was throwing earlier in the year.

I think Tomlin has given the team a big wakeup call and I think guys are focused and ready to roll.

I saw a documentary about the 1993 Cowboys and Jimmy Johnson said that after the Super Bowl win, he had a really hard camp to get guys focused and back on task. That caught my ear because it got me thinking about the soft camp Cowher threw at the Steelers last year. Jimmy Johnson followed up with another Super Bowl win and Cowher went 8-8. Whatever you think about Jimmy Johnson, he was a winner and I'm glad to see Tomlin giving the Steelers a tough camp. That's the way to regain focus.

Preacher
07-18-2007, 04:32 PM
A couple of things caught my attention....

1. Once again, I am not sure where the last in, first out idea came from, but it seems the Ben is actually spending a lot of time in the play book, and on his body.

2. Notice the note about signing autographs. I LOVE the fact that he is thoughtful enough to include the fact that he isn't being rude, he just has work to do. It shows me that he is understanding of the fan's wants, but also is focused.

3. When he first came into the league at just over 240, he wanted to lose about twenty pounds, which suggests to me that he felt he was a little overweight (for him, not for any of us!). Now that he put it back on, I have to wonder if it was put on in the weight-room? Or at the Italian restaurant? My hope is the weight room. Thus, what we could be seeing is a bigger, stronger Ben then every before.

Now if that IS true... then be patient. Because his timing WILL BE OFF. He will have to adjust to new arm-strength, new speed on the roll outs, etc..

He should have it down by the first game of the season... but PLEASE.. let's not freak out during the pre-season.

ChronoCross
07-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Well Preach;
1. He lost the pounds do to the accident, and lost upper and lower body strength. Which threw off his accuracy in the first place. Now if he would of lost the weight do to working out and on a plan to drop them pounds would of been a different story, but he lost muscle mass and all after the accident.
2. Putting back on the weight via gym and so forth will bring him back to his strength he was at in 2004 and 2005. He felt the weakness in 2006 and most likely pushed to build himself back up to were he was comfortable and able to break tackles and make plays like he did before.
3. I know this is not the spot for this, but we all are seeing how he was pushed back to soon last season as time goes on. If ben could of spent at least the first 5 to 6 weeks in the gym to regain his muscle mass and weight we would of been better off then him being thrown out there weaker and slower then what he was before. Major accidents such as his, takes its toll on a body, which includes dramatic muscle loss, weight loss, weaker, slower, and takes time to work back into the shape he was before. Not to mention the mental drama recovery time.
4. Are boy is back and hopefully for the better.

greeneyes43
07-18-2007, 04:53 PM
cool i hope ben is feeling good for this season, because there's going to be a lot of chnges.
And he might not have to play against Mr.Vick of the Atlanta Falcons seing as he is to spend 6
YEARS in prison for his crime.(HAHAHAHAHA) !

Edman
07-18-2007, 07:16 PM
It's nice to see he got his weight back up, enjoying himself, and best of all, he's studying. I really hope he does great this year. He's the Steelers' new leader and field general. Let's face it, Cowher's coaching staff did Ben an injustice playing him in games he shouldn't have been playing in(Jacksonville,Oakland).

My only true worry for this team is the O-Line. That's just about it.

Oh damn, I'm real excited for the 2007 Steelers. The wait is killing me.

siss
07-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Im at the point where i'm sick of hearing about how much time he is spending in the weight room and how much better he is gunna be, I want to see it now.
Ben always says the right thing...now I want to see him do better on the field. We will know if what he says is true this season.

Preacher
07-19-2007, 12:52 AM
One week to TC...

I can't wait!!!

Galax Steeler
07-19-2007, 04:05 AM
I like what I hear from ben I think he will bounce back this year.

Buzz05
07-19-2007, 07:19 AM
Ben always says the right thing...now I want to see him do better n teh field. We will know if what he says is true this season.

Has he let us down yet...he promised Bus a trip to the Super Bowl...he came through...he takes blame where blame isnt always on him. I like that about it.

siss
07-19-2007, 08:11 AM
Has he let us down yet...he promised Bus a trip to the Super Bowl...he came through...he takes blame where blame isnt always on him. I like that about it.

I woudl like to point out that all we heard about after his accident was how good he looked...and look how that turned that out.

Buzz05
07-19-2007, 08:12 AM
I woudl like to point out that all we heard about after his accident was how good he looked...and look how that turned that out.

Yeah I agree but I think that was justa case on denile on everyones part, from his right on down. That was a little bit different of circumstances as well.

siss
07-19-2007, 08:29 AM
All Im saying is that I want to see him do better...not hear about how much work he is puting in. And he always says hes in great shape...and he probably is...the man is a gentic freak!!

steelpride12
07-19-2007, 09:21 AM
All Im saying is that I want to see him do better...not hear about how much work he is puting in. And he always says hes in great shape...and he probably is...the man is a gentic freak!!

ya i mean its nice to hear him say he is doing great but i need the proof and i think this year im gunna get it good!

Buzz05
07-19-2007, 09:32 AM

I think we all want to see him do better haha

Jman
07-19-2007, 10:24 AM
I think we all want to see him do better haha

yes we do!

X-Terminator
07-19-2007, 10:37 AM
but PLEASE.. let's not freak out during the pre-season.

Shyea right. The first time Ben throws a bad pass in the first preseason game, the wolves will be all over him, calling for him to be benched in favor of Batch, that he's a bust, that we should have drafted another QB to replace him, etc. It's long been established that Steelers fans have absolutely zero patience with anyone wearing black and gold, especially the QB.

ChronoCross
07-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Shyea right. The first time Ben throws a bad pass in the first preseason game, the wolves will be all over him, calling for him to be benched in favor of Batch, that he's a bust, that we should have drafted another QB to replace him, etc. It's long been established that Steelers fans have absolutely zero patience with anyone wearing black and gold, especially the QB.

So true. Most young fans who do not grasp the concept of pre season and want to win all them games when in all its about evaluating players, and getting the rest of the starters back up to speed and ready for the first game. A high percentage of the teams who win every game in pre season do not even make the playoffs. There is no reason to jump the gun in pre season and just wait to regular season play to see how the players do.

steelpride12
07-19-2007, 11:36 AM
So true. Most young fans who do not grasp the concept of pre season and want to win all them games when in all its about evaluating players, and getting the rest of the starters back up to speed and ready for the first game. A high percentage of the teams who win every game in pre season do not even make the playoffs. There is no reason to jump the gun in pre season and just wait to regular season play to see how the players do.

Exactly :thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-19-2007, 11:38 AM

Time for specifics brother!!!!....He needs to absorb hits from PEOPLE...only PEOPLE!!!!

prodrivewrx2nv
07-19-2007, 11:46 AM
I too am very happy to hear him talking like this. He has always been positive for the Steelers. He is a classy guy and I hope they do bring another SB to us.

Preacher
07-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Time for specifics brother!!!!....He needs to absorb hits from PEOPLE...only PEOPLE!!!!

:sofunny::sofunny: