PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Sign Dallas Baker

paw-n-maul-u
07-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Here's the link:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_517760.html

... a little raw, but you can't ignore last years production, esp. in the redzone, and the program he came for ... he was their best receiver in a place where its hard to distinguish yourself as the best receiver given all the talent flooding into FLA.

The Duke
07-17-2007, 08:46 PM
A day full of news and good news for us, I hope to see Dallas for many years on the team

ChronoCross
07-17-2007, 09:05 PM
There have been several guys on the forum who have been impressed with this kid. Me personally have not watched him hardly so I know little about him. So on what I have read from around the forum at times on this kid sounds good. Hope he makes it.

Big7BenHOF
07-17-2007, 09:06 PM
This may be a little biased because I'm a Gator fan, but Dallas should be a very good receiver in a year or so.

19ward86
07-17-2007, 09:25 PM
i cant wait to get troy, timmons,spaeth, and woodley signed.

nwksteeler
07-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Let's get everybody in and get to work.

dhosmer
07-17-2007, 10:03 PM
i hope he's not the next fred gibson. i liked what i saw of him this year.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-17-2007, 10:10 PM
I think he could be the Colston of this years draft....Now I don't think he will have a Colston type impact or Colston type numbers this year....Just saying some of the same knocks on Baker were the same on Colston last year.....I won't be shocked if Baker makes the team as the teams 4th or 5th WR......Then down road a few years maybe become a number 2 WR.....

Dynasty
07-17-2007, 10:57 PM
I think he has the potential to be a good wr in the league for many years... He's got the physical attributes, and he isn't called Dallas Baker the Touchdown Maker for no reason.

paw-n-maul-u
07-17-2007, 11:01 PM
He's not a very fast guy and isn't very physical ... I wouldn't really compare him to Colston, he's much weaker. Not as thick of a frame either. He needs to bulk up a bit and fill out his frame but not lose any speed either.

The thing I like most about him is that he's a winner. He's from a big time winning program and a competitor. He also makes some big game catches.

nicesteel4life
07-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Think he actually has a good shot of turning out good for the Black N Gold

steelpride12
07-18-2007, 01:22 AM
I think he could be the Colston of this years draft....Now I don't think he will have a Colston type impact or Colston type numbers this year....Just saying some of the same knocks on Baker were the same on Colston last year.....I won't be shocked if Baker makes the team as the teams 4th or 5th WR......Then down road a few years maybe become a number 2 WR.....

ya we may see him a little this year or even none but as the years go on i could see him bein an impact steeler and really happy he got signed! :tt02:

Buzz05
07-18-2007, 07:24 AM
As Ive said before, this might be a little selfish...but I hope the kid makes it big with the Steelers just so I can get his jersey have my last name on it! Haha Other then the same name I know pretty much nothing about this kid other then he was a Gator.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-18-2007, 09:22 AM
I like this sign I hopr that he can address our need for a big wide out.

onthebus36
07-18-2007, 03:57 PM
I think he's a great asset to a redzone package. I agree he's a raw talent but I like what I've seen.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
07-18-2007, 04:00 PM
lets hope hes good enough to be our # 3 receiver this year

revefsreleets
07-18-2007, 05:00 PM
The kid has a better chance because he's signed and will be there when rookies report. I wish I could say the same about all our rooks.

The Duke
07-18-2007, 05:14 PM
lets hope hes good enough to be our # 3 receiver this year

If he has an xtremely well camp and pre season he could be a 3rd receiver, I doubt it though for this season, we are looking like a 4th or 5th receiver for Baker but I'm hoping he beats out Wilson and becomes 4th receiver. Now that would be a great receiver corps, Hines the possesion and tough guy, Holmes the speedy and deep threat, Baker the tall target, and Washington the...good receiver :smile:

steelpride12
07-18-2007, 10:08 PM
If he has an xtremely well camp and pre season he could be a 3rd receiver, I doubt it though for this season, we are looking like a 4th or 5th receiver for Baker but I'm hoping he beats out Wilson and becomes 4th receiver. Now that would be a great receiver corps, Hines the possesion and tough guy, Holmes the speedy and deep threat, Baker the tall target, and Washington the...good receiver :smile:

That would be crazy good!

Galax Steeler
07-19-2007, 04:08 AM
Everything seems to be falling into place.

Mosca
07-19-2007, 08:06 AM
There's no downside to the signing, but I think there's a strong probability that this guy is going to be overmatched in the NFL.

There is no shortage of successful college guys with great desire who are just a little too slow and just a little too small.... playing arena league, playing NFL Europe (until recently), and selling insurance.

But more power to him if he makes it!

steelpride12
07-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Its a long shot for a reciever these days and its just gunna take time to see if this young lad can play in this league and be a great productive receiever for the steelers or if he will just be the next guy shipped off to good old Arena League or NFL Europa!