PDA

View Full Version : Straight up!

Blah! Blah! Blah!
07-18-2007, 04:57 PM
We give you Asante Samuel and you give us Troy Palamulu. If fact we will not even ask for a draft pick along with Troy. Just a straight up trade. I know you guys want Samuel but take a few minutes to think about it. :jammin:

83-Steelers-43
07-18-2007, 04:59 PM
http://www.pimpyourshirts.com/catalog/crackwackblock.jpg

tony hipchest
07-18-2007, 05:02 PM
We give you Asante Samuel and you give us Troy Palamulu. If fact we will not even ask for a draft pick along with Troy. Just a straight up trade. I know you guys want Samuel but take a few minutes to think about it. :jammin:

nope. samuel was what? a 4th round pick? we traded UP in the 1st to get troy who is one of a kind. samuel isnt nearly considered in the top of his position. it would probably take him 2 years to learn the system anyway. plus he wants more money than what hes worth.

i can see where it would be an excellent trade for the pats though.

SteelCityMan786
07-18-2007, 05:04 PM
Asante who? I think I'll keep Troy.

The Duke
07-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Samuel doesn't compare to Troy at all. Troy even has better hair!!

Blah! Blah! Blah!
07-18-2007, 05:11 PM
Wow! Those replies were much more civil than I expected or would have replied with. Troy is a fun player to watch. Congrats on getting him locked up. He reminds me of the muppet Animal. Feet and hair flying all around looking for a player to sink his jaws and claws into.

P.S> If you decide you that you do want to trade do not hesitate to let is know. :)

ChronoCross
07-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Ohhh.. I smell another Patriots fan... :P ... Welcome to the board..

Crushzilla
07-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Samuel doesn't compare to Troy at all. Troy even has better hair!!

Let's not bring the "do"s into this...

83-Steelers-43
07-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Wow! Those replies were much more civil than I expected or would have replied with. Troy is a fun player to watch. Congrats on getting him locked up. He reminds me of the muppet Animal. Feet and hair flying all around looking for a player to sink his jaws and claws into.

P.S> If you decide you that you do want to trade do not hesitate to let is know. :)

FWIW, I was just joking with you. Nice to meet ya and welcome. :smile:

Blah! Blah! Blah!
07-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Yes I am a Pats fan :jammin: However I enjoy watching Steeler games. The Sports Bar that I go to here in Seattle is actually a Steelers bar. The fans are great. Very dedicated and knowledgeable. I often sit and watch the games with them. There are like 60 or so of them and they are like a family. They bring the towels and everything. Its pretty cool as there only seems to be 2 of us Pats fans. :dang:

revefsreleets
07-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Watch out for the Seahawks fans crying in your beer over their SB "conspiracy".

Blah! Blah! Blah!
07-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Tell me about it. I need to cover my beer when not taking a sip otherwise it ends up tasting like salty teardrops. Actually what is pretty cool is that people from Seattle are starting to learn about football. :smile:

revefsreleets
07-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Actually (and almost accidentally) making a Super Bowl will do that to a populace.

Crushzilla
07-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Tell me about it. I need to cover my beer when not taking a sip otherwise it ends up tasting like salty teardrops. Actually what is pretty cool is that people from Seattle are starting to learn about football. :smile:

Everyone but the coach. :sofunny:

If tears were touchdowns the Seahawks would be defending their championship this season. They got a freebie with Romo's freak handling faux pas last year. They just couldn't capitalize.

ChronoCross
07-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Patriots deal with there big share of crying to from the Raiders. Well I do not think the Raiders fan stop crying about anything actually because they still cry about the imaculant reception to.

Newzfoxjr
07-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Maybe if you threw in Tom Brady just so he could be 3rd string...I'd enjoy that. But that's still not THAT appealing...=\

ChronoCross
07-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Id have to stay with troy also. Quiet, great player, will show up to camp no matter what and not cry at all about contracts and let everything work its course.

The Duke
07-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Maybe if you threw in Tom Brady just so he could be 3rd string...I'd enjoy that. But that's still not THAT appealing...=\

Come on, Brady is capable of being a 2nd stringer :flap:

tony hipchest
07-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Everyone but the coach. :sofunny:

If tears were touchdowns the Seahawks would be defending their championship this season. They got a freebie with Romo's freak handling faux pas last year. They just couldn't capitalize.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/charliebrown.jpg

hey :blah:, as for the civil responses, i think most here figure if you were just looking for some simple smack talk you wouldve headed directly to the blast furnace in typical troll fashion. the fact that youve participated in the other forums and havent tried to flame with every posts says alot.

dont get me wrong, the blast furnace is always fun for some heated cyber battles :wink02:

:cheers: enjoy the boards and most of all, continue enjoying the steelers! :helmet:

oh, and that was a valid trade proposal but most steelerfans wouldnt trade troy for nuthin.

Blah! Blah! Blah!
07-18-2007, 05:59 PM
No fu__ken way! I will not trade Brady. If you guys ever got Brady as a 3rd string QB he would be able to teach your first string how to be a starting QB. :flap:

Blah! Blah! Blah!
07-18-2007, 06:00 PM
BTW I still want Palamulu on the Pats. :dang:

The Duke
07-18-2007, 06:04 PM

Everyone wants him :cheers:

RoethlisBURGHer
07-18-2007, 06:58 PM
First off...the name is POLAMALU not POLAMULU.

And second...thank God that you're not serious...because if you were I'd say you are off of your rocker.

Nobody outside of New England had heard of Asante Samuel before last year.Why would we want a player who is franchise tagged and wants to be a free agent?It'd be another Faneca on the team,and Samuel would be a distraction.

stillers4me
07-18-2007, 07:04 PM
No fu__ken way! I will not trade Brady. If you guys ever got Brady as a 3rd string QB he would be able to teach your first string how to be a starting QB. :flap:

Hey!! Them's fightin' words!! :pin:
And when it comes to Troy...you can't touch this.......:whistle:

And welcome to Steelers Fever! :tt02:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-18-2007, 07:52 PM
I think that I also would have to pass up this trade as tempting as it may be.:wink02:

fansince'76
07-18-2007, 08:00 PM

A year-and-a-half late is better than never, I guess....

SteelCityMan786
07-18-2007, 08:03 PM

Polamalu won't be in the Pats Locker Room. He like wearing black and gold.

revefsreleets
07-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Troy would be a horrible Patriot! He doesn't have any off-field issues that only the Pats system can fix (cough cough). He wasn't a head case that needs fixed by the Pats therapy machine (wink wink). I'm sure he would also love the media scrutiny since he's such a media attention ***** (sigh).

Galax Steeler
07-19-2007, 03:49 AM
no way would i trade troy for samuals.

Blah! Blah! Blah!
07-19-2007, 05:09 AM
Final Offer!
Damm! You guys drive a hard bargain. If you act now not only will you get the legend of the AFC East (Samuel according to him) but I will throw in Testaverde as well.( Think of the possibilites of success with Samuel as you CB and Testaverde as your QB. :smile:

This offer is good for a limited time only so act now. :thumbsup:

Steel Pit
07-19-2007, 05:43 AM
Final Offer!
Damm! You guys drive a hard bargain. If you act now not only will you get the legend of the AFC East (Samuel according to him) but I will throw in Testaverde as well.( Think of the possibilites of success with Samuel as you CB and Testaverde as your QB. :smile:

This offer is good for a limited time only so act now. :thumbsup:

Give us Asante Samuel along with Adalius Thomas and Laurence Maroney and you got yourselves a deal. :deal:

steelpride12
07-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Give us Asante Samuel along with Adalius Thomas and Laurence Maroney and you got yourselves a deal. :deal:

I still Like Troy over them sorry!

Livinginthe past
07-19-2007, 09:30 AM
I think the biggest issue with this deal is that you are losing a Samoan from the roster - so how about we throw in Junior Seau?

Blah! Blah! Blah! - when you've been on the forum awhile you get to know how these 'minds of steel' work - we have an Asante Samuel thread in the NFL forum - it'd be great to get your thoughts on that situation (posted in that thread!)

Cheers

steelpride12
07-19-2007, 09:31 AM
I think the biggest issue with this deal is that you are losing a Samoan from the roster - so how about we throw in Junior Seau?

Blah! Blah! Blah! - when you've been on the forum awhile you get to know how these 'minds of steel' work - we have an Asante Samuel thread in the NFL forum - it'd be great to get your thoughts on that situation (posted in that thread!)

Cheers

Still stickin wit Troy!

The Duke
07-19-2007, 11:15 AM

But they could still give us Brady too and have him as a backup :smile:

steelpride12
07-19-2007, 11:34 AM
But they could still give us Brady too and have him as a backup :smile:

Still like troy! uhg :coffee:

RoethlisBURGHer
07-19-2007, 03:48 PM
I'll still take Troy.

Blah! Blah! Blah!
07-19-2007, 06:08 PM
No Brady! But you can have Chad Brown. No really please take him. I insist!!!1:cheers:

Livinginthe past
07-19-2007, 07:03 PM
No Brady! But you can have Chad Brown. No really please take him. I insist!!!1:cheers:

Chad Brown is decent veteran back up..as long as he is allowed to play OL:B and not forced inside where he was like a fish out of water.

Chad was unfortunate enough to play when we had injuries at ILB and we were missing Seymour aswell.

Preacher
07-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Just the fact that Chad Brown is still playing, in a 3-4, is a testimony to his athletic ability.

Preacher
07-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Actually (and almost accidentally) making a Super Bowl will do that to a populace.

Growing up in Washington State...

Really, Football has been big there for YEARS. The Kingdom used to sell out ALL THE TIME.

You all have to remember, U of W is there... and for a long time was a powerhouse in college football (that is what happens when you pay your players in college). Then, you have WSU, which isn't a powerhouse, but has put a NUMBER of QB's into the NFL

So football is pretty well known in Washington state.

Lombardi's aren't!

stlrtruck
07-19-2007, 09:09 PM

And people in hell want ice water!

I wouldn't even take the metro-sexual QB for anybody on our team. Maybe Faneca but that would be a toss up and only because he's been whining about his contract all off-season.

Crushzilla
07-19-2007, 09:13 PM
We can't ship Polamalu to the Pats...

There's a 45+ age limit to be on that team

How about.... Nate Washington for Maroney, Light, aaaaand Stallworth.

Kraft has to cover their contracts... though... goes on your cap.

jjpro11
07-19-2007, 09:13 PM
troy is a player who is redefining his position. samuel has proved himself to be a great corner for only one year. even if samuel plays that well for the rest of his career, the answer would be no.

Blah! Blah! Blah!
07-19-2007, 09:14 PM
I actually grew up in Boston but moved to Seattle. College football pretty big here. It just seems to me that Football is a lot bigger in the midwest and east than it is here in the Northwest. Although there is a big rivalary between WSU and UW.
I went to a couple of the dome games and it was ok but I am biased. Football is played Outdoors NOT Indoors IMO. There is nothing like a football game in a blizzard. :jammin:

No doubt Chad Brown was a great backer. I am just not sold on him at this point. My only comfort is that he knows how to paly the 3-4 in different schemes. I guess from a depth point of view it cannot hurt. But again I will still trade him to you for Troy. :thumbsup:

The Duke
07-19-2007, 11:27 PM
I actually grew up in Boston but moved to Seattle. College football pretty big here. It just seems to me that Football is a lot bigger in the midwest and east than it is here in the Northwest. Although there is a big rivalary between WSU and UW.
I went to a couple of the dome games and it was ok but I am biased. Football is played Outdoors NOT Indoors IMO. There is nothing like a football game in a blizzard. :jammin:

No doubt Chad Brown was a great backer. I am just not sold on him at this point. My only comfort is that he knows how to paly the 3-4 in different schemes. I guess from a depth point of view it cannot hurt. But again I will still trade him to you for Troy. :thumbsup:

Good luck with Chad Brown, he'll definitely add depth to your already deep LB Corps

Black@Gold Forever32
07-19-2007, 11:31 PM
I rather cut off my man parts then make this trade............lol