PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question

steelpride12
07-18-2007, 11:26 PM
U know i dont believe this but alot of times i hear that the NFL is all set-up and that its like one big movie and the outcome is already set. the superbowl winning team of the upcoming year is picked and everything is a joke! could this be tru i sure dont believe it?

fansince'76
07-18-2007, 11:32 PM
A "rumor" brought to you by the same folks who think the moon landing was staged in a Hollywood studio. :rolleyes:

steelpride12
07-18-2007, 11:32 PM
A "rumor" brought to you by the same folks who think the moon landing was staged in a Hollywood studio. :rolleyes:

so in other words football is all real and everything is not made up and what happens happens right?

ChronoCross
07-18-2007, 11:34 PM
I started reading and I thought you were talking about wrestling. :P.. No NFL is not fake and no way is it a setup to who will win the SB. To much would have to take place to set a game. Scripting is for sports like WWE and stuff, not for NFL, NBA, MLB.

fansince'76
07-18-2007, 11:34 PM
so in other words football is all real and everything is not made up and what happens happens right?

Yes. I've seen too many games with outcomes that couldn't possibly be scripted. The "Immaculate Reception," "Music City Miracle," "The Catch," - no way in hell is the NFL scripted.

MACH1
07-18-2007, 11:39 PM

No its real, its the NFL not the WWE.

steelpride12
07-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Yes. I've seen too many games with outcomes that couldn't possibly be scripted. The "Immaculate Reception," "Music City Miracle," "The Catch," - no way in hell is the NFL scripted.

ya your right there is no way its fake and setup i mean i couldnt imagine going into the NFL as a rookie and they say ok this is all a set up league u do what we say or die u kno the league is all real i kno it thanks for thr reassurance thO!

tony hipchest
07-18-2007, 11:43 PM
the only thing set up was the patriots after 9-11 :flap: and their constant salary cap circumvention.

other than that, its all legit.

MACH1
07-18-2007, 11:49 PM
the only thing set up was the patriots after 9-11 :flap: and their constant salary cap circumvention.

Ohh yeah I forgot about that one. :sofunny:

SteelersMongol
07-19-2007, 01:16 AM
U know i dont believe this but alot of times i hear that the NFL is all set-up and that its like one big movie and the outcome is already set. the superbowl winning team of the upcoming year is picked and everything is a joke! could this be tru i sure dont believe it?

R U talking about what the Seahawks fans talk about? :wink02:

ShutDown24
07-19-2007, 01:52 AM
No way. It could be believable that an organization such as the NFL would try to do such a thing; however, it would simply be too complicated to pull off. I hear this lot as well and laugh at the stupidity of it. If this was true thousands of players, referees, coaches and the NCAA would all have to know about it... As well as retired players... If the NFL was staged what would keep Ryan Leaf from telling everyone? It's almost impossible. Some college players have too much pride, coming out of the collegiate ranks and into the NFL they would have to play a long, all of them wouldn't, especially those who didn’t land contracts in the end. Like I said, almost impossible, too many people involved.

Preacher
07-19-2007, 03:34 AM
The same used to be said of Hockey...

mainly because the players would talk to each other and decide whether they wanted to fight then, or the next period.

It was just the way hockey was done in the 70's.

Livinginthe past
07-19-2007, 05:04 AM

I don't know why you guys have such a problem with a Patriotic conspiracy - it was the right thing to do! :toofunny:

If it was a conspiracy - Mike 'Pass Wacky' Martz was definitely in on it......

The Duke
07-19-2007, 11:11 AM
If it was set up there would be a lot of innocent bengals on jail, and that's just not possible :cheers:

RoethlisBURGHer
07-19-2007, 04:22 PM
No way it's set up.

I do think,however,that a lot of refs have players they like and do not like,and teams for that matter too.So therefore,they will favor those players and teams when given the chance.How else do you explain the Polamalu non-interception at Indy in the 2005 playoffs?

If it was set up,Ben doesn't make The Tackle and The Idiot Liquored Up Kicker doesn't miss that field goal...and Manning would have 5 rings by now.

revefsreleets
07-19-2007, 05:45 PM
I think the NFL steers things in certain directions, but the game is a million times to complicated to actually predetermine. I'll give you an example:

When the Steelers played the Colts in the AFCCG, the Steelers pretty much shocked everyone who wasn't a resident of the Burgh or a Steelers fan in the first part of the game. Do I think that the NFL wanted the Steelers to win? No. The evidence is in bizarre bad calls like Troy's "Football move" call which, when added to some other less obvious but odd calls, almost let the Colts come back and win.

Regardless, the better prepared team is going to win in almost every case, whether the NFL likes Al Davis, I mean likes your team, or not.

SteelersMongol
07-20-2007, 02:01 AM
IF IT WAS CONSPIRACY, "HONEST" MICHAEL MOORE WOULD SURE KNOW ABOUT IT AND TELL THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD! :wink02:

jtdapit
07-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Bro, i thought that about hockey and football as a kid. I looked in a gaming magazine and it had predicted the years super bowl win to the exact score. the same went for the stanley cup. I dont know man im over it know..... yeah i was a retard.

Jman
07-20-2007, 12:33 PM
R U talking about what the Seahawks fans talk about? :wink02:

:sofunny:

If the owner of the NFL was Vince McMahon, then maybe...

Elvis
07-20-2007, 05:31 PM
On buy or sell on this topic....
I would sell.... no way this happens in my opinion
:tt02::tt02::tt02:

klick81
07-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Although I don't think the NFL is 'scripted', I do think it's possible for the refs to do stupid things as with the ref in the NBA. Some of the 'mistakes' they make are far too ridiculous IMO.

rbryan
07-23-2007, 11:07 AM
There are million$ of dollars at stake here. You are niave if you think no one is trying to manipulate the outcome. And no it's not a conspiracy that the league and all the players are in on. It's a few people with a whole lot of money and a handfull of referees.

The ESPN conspiracy theory will never die. lol