PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu Has Interest In Riverhawks

tony hipchest
07-19-2007, 05:47 PM
troy to leave for indoor team???:jawdrop:?:jawdrop:?:jawdrop:???

http://www.wjactv.com/mostpopular/13693287/detail.html

Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu has expressed an interest in future ownership of the Johnstown Riverhawks of the American Indoor Football Association. The team's owner, Michael Dawson, told WJAC sports that he has had conversations with Johnstown businessman and former Riverhawk coach Brian Basile concerning Polamalu's interest.

Basile served as the Riverhawks head coach and general manager during the 2005 and 2006 seasons, and he is a friend of Polamalu's. Basile says Polamalu's possible ownership would bring credibility to the AIFA club.

Dawson says he has taken a step towards securing the franchise for a fourth season by purchasing the War Memorial Arena turf for $17,000.

by now we all know troy is going to be a steeler for the long haul. i think the fact that he has had these types of discussions with friends show his intent and confidence in remaining a steeler all along. its cool to see him looking at putting down some deep roots. i hope this venture works out for him if he goes through with it.

i know nothing about the riverhawks or the AIFA as a whole. is it a pipe dream or a good investment?

Preacher
07-19-2007, 05:50 PM
LOL...

First, I thought the title said. Polamalu is arrested in indoor....

I was going to scream....... Cause I just would NEVER believe it...

Unless he was actually defending someone else.

fansince'76
07-19-2007, 08:34 PM
i know nothing about the riverhawks or the AIFA as a whole. is it a pipe dream or a good investment?

Me neither - not much to go on from their website either. (http://www.aifaprofootball.com/) Looks like a pretty new league - from the website's "history" link:

AIFA's History Timeline

October 1st, 2006 - American Indoor Football Association Announced

February 2nd, 2007 - AIFA Regular Season Kicks Off

If Troy does sink money into this, I hope it works out as well.

C-BusSteeler
07-19-2007, 08:43 PM
being from johnstown (now in columbus) --THIS IS PRETTY COOL

Buzz05
07-20-2007, 06:29 AM
Im from the Johnstown area too. Well like right in the middle of Altoona and Johnstown. And I would LOVE to see this happen. Not only would it give cred to the team and the league. It would boost the city. Lets face it, the Johnstown Chiefs were terrible this year. I would love it.